Ready, Steady, Go!

It's been a PR nightmare. I know that, as several people have said above, some people should be ashamed of themselves, but I'd have thought that some one in the boardroom would have said "lets not show ourselves up on this one". Companies are judged by their actions and decisions as well as people.(*)

They claim to have in the region of a million customers, yet they think that giving out an extremely limited number of desirable items in that manner (via in-game trade from only 2 official avatars) will be good business PR? They have a perfectly workable method of delivering "freebies" at regular times throughout the year already implemented. Alternatively, they also have and established "roll of the dice" loot/decision system, they could have run a `random` draw for them from the active player-base (which is significantly less than the registered accounts)

I'm just hoping that none of that embarrassing stuff ends up on YouTube or similar. I don't want to be associated with the sort of company that think it's an efficient method of PR to drum up business never mind the actions of the customers.
I've been embarrassed enough with the shoddy performance and loss of advertised features in the game, I just tell everyone I don't play anymore when they ask at work. I wish I'd never asked them to try it out EU tbh :rolleyes:.

The sad thing is, if you didn't get a car, then you're at a immediate PvP (miner as well as PKer) disadvantage from the minute they're introduced into game. Crafters needing the PvP-zone enmatters and ores are indirectly affected if it significantly changes the supply of PvP rarities to one particular group of customers; a cartel could well be established given a reasonable fleet of vehicles. Those who don't see PvP as a source of income may find that hard to grasp though.

The owners of TP chips above lesser also have had their chip "investments" diminished too.
I know that if you didn't get a free one you could `just depo and buy one`, but that leaves you a couple of hundred US$ down compared to the customers that got them. With RL money at stake at those sorts of amount, they should have expected a lot of pushing and shoving and customer disgust.

It must have been non-stop hell for those two avas, they have my deepest sympathies. I just hope they had the chat off so they didn't hear the abuse directed their way. Ironically, for the first time in my 4 years in-game I hope that there is a `preferred avatar` system where good loot is manually allocated to `nice` avatars :D

(*) because of the significant financial lock-in (compared to my RL tangible finances) I have with MA/FPC, their success is in my financial interest. This isn't a whine, it's a simple operational business consideration.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the lucky people who received a vehicle. I am happy that only a few cars were being handed out, as this will greatly stimulate car sales when they are crafted. The new car part BPs were dropping at a high rate, which hopefully will make them available to the larger crowd at reasonable markups.

Handing out only a few of them did not draw a lot of money from MA/FPC's (which one?) bank account, which they can put in further PR and development.

A point of improvement could be that because they said that "stocks were plentiful" many people (me included) thought that everyone that was online would be able to get a vehicle. Apparently that did not work out as expected, which disappointed many (me included).

I was impressed with the performance of the servers while so many people were online at the same location. Lag was managed very well. :thumbup:

I was impressed with the performance of the servers while so many people were online at the same location. Lag was managed very well. :thumbup:

It was indeed a disappointment....but what you say about lag is not really true. Various times I dfound the guides, I needed to wait more than 5 minutes to see the first people appear on my screen.

although it may have been handled better, it could also been have much worse

considering the lately arrving "newbies" who were able to turn, toggle run on and find the exit of the arrival zone immedately- figure came into the 50s, surprisingly just after MA announced "just one per traded ava" or so
funny coincidence

generally i think it is good that not that many have been handed out, after all its just some way to show it to the ppl

Weeeee Vehicles... I just have one question, maybe two, and then I'll go back to reading the 500 threads on the subject. :)

1. Can you run over people with them?

2. If so how much damage can they do?

Weeeee Vehicles... I just have one question, maybe two, and then I'll go back to reading the 500 threads on the subject. :)

1. Can you run over people with them?

2. If so how much damage can they do?

1: No you cant

2: no you cant

Another point IMHO worth mentioning is that the huge crowds at the expected arrival points of the officials showed just how much of a resource hog EU is. I have the maximum memory allowed by XP (3GB) and crashed out of the game due to lack of memory twice - despite dialling down the avatar quality. This game also evidently needs a heck of a graphics card to run at high resolutions in good quality - mine struggles (card fan whining really loud) at 1280x1024, stuttering quite a lot in complicated areas. I couldn't run at any higher res. The machine is a quad core, by the way.

Other games manage to run with pretty good graphics, with much less capable hardware than this. Cry Engine is to blame, presumably.

1. Bor

2. ing

:)

They look interesting for racing anyway. Let me know when FPC introduces APC's. :)

your wanting to drive into pvp and drop of 6-12 pvpers arn't yah?

your wanting to drive into pvp and drop of 6-12 pvpers arn't yah?

I used to do that without a vehicle, but that was a very long time ago. :)

After looking at some of the vehicle videos on Youtube, I think it would actually be more fun racing them. :)

Gives me an idea for an event, like the ones I used to (help) organise in a certain dead post apoc. MMO. Though I'd need flying vehicles for that ;)

Why is it 99% did not get a car when Angel Shadow Heart is selling them by the dozen as many other ubbers and Skalman is complaing he broke his so he wants another???

Possibly because Angel decided to actually play EU and craft with the new vehicle blueprints instead of standing at a TP for hours shouting "I WANTZ CAR"?

Minopolis was a fucking nightmare. Some people should be ashamed of themselves.

I have heard rumor that there is possibly another random vehicle distribution planned for sometime in the near future... however, MA/FPC had requested that all employees be available online to use their official avatars for vehicle distribution that day:

vehicle_distribution_line.jpg

Possibly because Angel decided to actually play EU and craft with the new vehicle blueprints instead of standing at a TP for hours shouting "I WANTZ CAR"?

If that is true then why did I and other people see that avatar(Angel) at many locations each time begging out loud in text "emma give me a car i've not had a car yet" when they had already been seen driving a car at another location.

So why lie like that at each location and continue to beg, if its true that the avatar can just go craft up so many cars!

Dumb GREEDY people ruin this game.

If that is true then why did I and other people see that avatar(Angel) at many locations each time begging out loud in text "emma give me a car i've not had a car yet" when they had already been seen driving a car at another location.

So why lie like that at each location and continue to beg, if its true that the avatar can just go craft up so many cars!

Dumb GREEDY people ruin this game.

Note the word 'possibly'. I have no idea what Angel was doing.

Then I'm glad you bothered to post about something you know nothing about, just to speculate.

But I saw that loser many times begging each time like they don't have cars yet, when they driving them all day. So people who ignore rules such as 1 car per person and keep trying for more are GREEDY and LAME in my book.

No need to speculate about it either. I'm not the only one who knows the truth.

Truth is Greed and materialism corrupt people in this game and make them act like people such as angel shadow heart.

Tis the spirit of PE/EU/FPC/FutureNameHere *sniff* :)

Are these craftable, or only obtainable as handouts at the moment?

I think a few have been crafted (no sure only getting that from EF so who knows) but do MA really want every player to have a vehicle? There'll be some limiting factor probably a rare ore / enmatter somewhere to stop it.

Is the repair tool available from the tt or only from crafters? I had a quick look but didn't see it.

Is the repair tool available from the tt or only from crafters? I had a quick look but didn't see it.

I checked auction and I guess they're only crafted (and sold at 1000%). RK-5 under Tools -> Misc tools.

I didn't see any vehicle (or -parts) blueprints in auction either.

Ready, Steady, Go...and...immediately a flat tyre... :silly:

flat-tire.jpg

I posted this in a different thread and the general tone of the post is probably better suited to this thread....

These are truly exciting times for Entropia Universe. These are just the first two vehicles of course, I'm sure we can expect many more over time. I had really expected this to be implemented over a much longer period than they did so I think that is something very good that MindArk and FPC have done.

I saw that the price of Oil had increased marginally, this is a good thing also and I do hope that this continues moving forward.

The long term affect, I don't think any of us can really speculate on this, especially before the 'upgrades' have been released.

I'm particularly keen to know what high end vehicles will be released, with much better protection.

I hope the mountable Heavy Weapons (which we've had a skill for since the year dot and have never been able to accrue points for,) will be along shortly.

My questions on this subject are (some answerable now by owners I guess

- Vehicles have a HP, so how is the (L) TT affected?
- I see the oil consumption figures have been posted on Wiki, but no information on the rate of consumption was posted (when I looked,) so how is this calculated?
- Can you attack mobs/avatars from the any positions within the vehicle?
- Can you drop mining probes/bombs from any positions within the vehicle?
- When you store items in the vehicle, are those item's weight added to your avatar when the car is not-spawned?

I'm sure I will have more questions!

Some possible chat quotes from the near future.

Player 1: “Aaarg another drive by mob train !”
Player 2: “Oh maaan I hate those ! Wish MA did something about them,
can’t even hunt normal these days.”

This quote from one of my previous posts I made as a joke.
Sadly this has now become reality.

Yesterday while hunting small Atrox at Fort Ithaca, for my 1k Atrox mission, a
green dot speeded over my radar. A little later a pile of Atrox came running and attacked me. Now for me this was not a big deal, even did welcome the extra Atrox, saved me walking. :laugh:

This morning I went to visit my friend in real life who also play’s this game.
She got killed last night while hunting at Nea’s Place, she also saw a green dot speed over her radar. A little later she got mobbed by ambulimax and died,
upset she ended her hunt.

She brushed it off and went on her Argonaut Iron mission at Twin. We talked while I watched her play. At around 150ped into the hunt again a green dot raced across her radar. I watched how she got mobbed by a huge pile of Argonauts. Again she got killed and logged out.

So it’s now reality that you as a hunter could be killed by a drive by mob train.

Enjoy hunting. ;)

Last edited:
Again she got killed and logged out.

So it’s now reality that you as a hunter could be killed by a drive by mob train.

Enjoy hunting. ;)

Well, it 's her choice to log for that.
I would just get back to the mob and single them out to kill them one by one (and sometimes a few more). :)

Some people should more see the fun in this game (and in life) instead of taking all so serious ;)

Unless you are a trader, you are not gonna make money out of it anyway. So better enjoy jokes like that :)

Back