• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaotic85

Guardian
Society
Aussie Entropians
Kryto, KaoticFaith, Rarman.
Hello all,

Here are some of my thoughts on the addition of puny mobs to the main part of the game (mainly around the PA area) not just on the gateway island, which I kinda forget what is was even like there. Okay lets forget about the gateway just for this one time.:scratch2:

Now we shall focus on the puny mobs in and around the Lovely new swamp/sweat camp, I've been doing a lot of solo swunting on these puny mob's and been very sad to only find about 7-12 sweat on the thing, I understand that they are small but as a noob mob I thought they would have more like 20-25 sweat then you either kill it solo or the group kills it and they move on, but this is not the case as to the fact that I can solo swunt one puny mob every 3-5mins. I'm not even going to get started on the tiny amounts of loot puny drop either...:eek: We'll save that one...:laugh:

So my question to the community is are you happy with the amount of sweat that the puny mob's have on them?

Well, Kaotic bro. I mostly sweat the punies and get on 2 another, after it's already dried out, without even hunt them at all (Except the missions in Calypso Gateway)! Still, it would be better, if there's more sweats per mob.

Hello all,

Here are some of my thoughts on the addition of puny mobs to the main part of the game (mainly around the PA area) not just on the gateway island, which I kinda forget what is was even like there. Okay lets forget about the gateway just for this one time.:scratch2:

Now we shall focus on the puny mobs in and around the Lovely new swamp/sweat camp, I've been doing a lot of solo swunting on these puny mob's and been very sad to only find about 7-12 sweat on the thing, I understand that they are small but as a noob mob I thought they would have more like 20-25 sweat then you either kill it solo or the group kills it and they move on, but this is not the case as to the fact that I can solo swunt one puny mob every 3-5mins. I'm not even going to get started on the tiny amounts of loot puny drop either...:eek: We'll save that one...:laugh:

So my question to the community is are you happy with the amount of sweat that the puny mob's have on them?

Since the new MF system the amount of sweat a creature provides is directly proportional to it's hp.

I doubt it's really new.. been like that for a long time now

Sweat amount from a mob is allways in same relation to hp. For that reason ofc Puny mobs have a low sweat amount. When you like mobs with more sweat, i suggest the bibos which are still in the same place near the lake where old swamp camp was located. Another fine option are Ambus at Nea's.

Kind regards

7-12 sweat is a lot for a tiny mob, imagine how you would smell with such an amount of sweat @ you

Its always 10 bottles on puny ;) (all puny have 10hp ;)). And i vote yes - increase both: hp and sweat on it up to at least 50 ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

It's all pretty much relative; the bigger the mob the more sweat/loot it will carry.

I've tried sweat/hunting them for a few hours and personally I love them. The only drawback is that you need to locate a new mob more often, however it's pretty hard to die so you would probably waste less time finding new mobs than you would reviving or healing.

For the professional sweater, there is always Nea's Place ;)

And i vote yes - increase both: hp and sweat on it up to at least 50 ;).

Falagor

For that, there is Daikiba and Exarosaur :p

For that, there is Daikiba and Exarosaur :p

Daikiba and Exarosaur hit much more than puny mobs (they hit even more than combibo youngs ;)). So my wish is to have mobs that deal low dmg but have high hp (i know there are Androids but those are on Rocktropia ;) and i am a trader so must stay on Calypso).

Falagor

Since the new MF system the amount of sweat a creature provides is directly proportional to it's hp.

Its always 10 bottles on puny ;) (all puny have 10hp ;)). And i vote yes - increase both: hp and sweat on it up to at least 50 ;).

Falagor

As I'm still kinda new I didnt know that the sweat was the same in amount as the mobs hp, well didnt read to far into it. If this is the case then 50 hp would sound lots better equaling 50 sweat.

Thank you all for votes so far.

Daikiba and Exarosaur hit much more than puny mobs (they hit even more than combibo youngs ;)). So my wish is to have mobs that deal low dmg but have high hp (i know there are Androids but those are on Rocktropia ;) and i am a trader so must stay on Calypso).

Falagor

Kerberos :tux:

I think the poll should rather be: get more "normal" mobs at the swamp again and the puny ones around pa and at the road to the swamp.

Thanks for the input, will bring it up for discussion! :)

more sweat isn't needed....

there is so much of it the price is down to 3ped/k

less sweat = higher prices

I doubt it's really new.. been like that for a long time now

Before it was the amount of successful attempts which was more or less proportional but at least stable for same mob/maturity. Since you could get anything from 2 to 22 bottles the amount of sweat from a certain mob was a little inconsistent.
Now you get the exact same number of bottles from the same mob/maturity but the successful attempts differ.

I love to learn. :D

Thank you all for info's ;D

I'm torn on what to vote on... maybe this post will help me decide.

I havent voted yet because I have mixed feelings about the puny mobs and how much sweat they hold, maybe this post will help me decide. Ideally I would love for each one to have 100 bottles of sweat, low damage & hardly ever land a hit on me but then they will not be easy to kill fast as they would indeed now have 100HP. Then theres the arguement that you can go sweat bigger mobs like Sabakumas/Snables or Daikiba/Combibos but then you would die more. I guess I like them the way they are now it makes swunting them extremely easy & perhaps profitable if the loot they dropped was more forthcoming (minus the frags). So leave them as they are and introduce another mob like the vixens from Rocktropia, maybe if Kerberos return they could be redone to make our sweating dreams come true on Calypso :). Guess I'll vote now for "No, yuck puny sweat" :ahh:.

Last edited:
I don't think they need to be changed. Higher maturities have more sweat and that's the way it should be.

Petty much the main thing PA needs is a closer spawn of young exa/diakaibas. Going out one gate should give you punys, going out the other gate should be youngs.

Well i don'T think puny mobs should have more hp. The 10hp mobs provide the possibility for niwcomers to hunt as cheap as they never could before for 1/3 of the cost they could hunt even daiki young before. This gives even the TT pistol a use. And ofc the cheap Rookie gear.
Voting for yes would kill that opportunity to the newcomers.
While there are nice spawns of Exa and Bibos ( Yes Bibos around old swamp pond still there, excellent for sweating ) the very nice small Daiki spawn vanished.
Imho there should be an easy accessible small daiki spawn for newcomers who want to jump into the missions. No dangerous creatures nearby and easy accessible from PA / Swamp camp.

I think the Daikiba mission is a good start for newcomers before moving on to Merps or Foul, so bring back a decent daikiba spawn of young-old daikis into swamp in a area which is easily accessible, but don't kill the Punies.

Kind regards

Vote NO, on puny sweat...

I think the Daikiba mission is a good start for newcomers before moving on to Merps or Foul, so bring back a decent daikiba spawn of young-old daikis into swamp in a area which is easily accessible, but don't kill the Punies.

Kind regards

Hey,

The more I talk to others in game and on forum's the more I wish that I had voted No... :laugh:

Also just to say I don't sweat any mob other than combibo young @ rouge plains. (but I'm sure I depo more than I sweat) :eek:

I am now agreeing with the puny mobs are fine as they are, also I think I know the perfect spot for the new young to old Daikiba spawn should go, if you know the mountain south of old swamp pond/lake somewhere on the northeastern side of this mountain.:scratch2:

Thank you all for votes ;)

When you want to get more sweat and meet more people you should head over to Nea's Place:D, IMO

i feel the same way, however i think the sooner a new player can get sweat (and hopefully peds) they can try this thing out quicker.

I quite agree. The only way to get the price of sweat up again (if that is what people want) is for people to sweat less.
Personally I have given up sweating altogether now. I have 3k sweat in storage and that is sufficient for my own mindforce purposes for a quite a while. But at least I don't sell any sweat now. I've done my part!

Why exactly would you want more sweat from ONE mob? There are plenty of mobs around so it doesn't take long to move from one mob to the next. Isn't it more fun to move around and discover new areas than just sit with the same mob all day? Is there something I am missing here?
Personally I think that MA are at last getting things right in their updates:
The introduction of Puny mobs allows newcomers to quickly find a mob and to be able to experiment a little without dying to quickly. Once they have gotten the hang of sweating they can go a little further and find larger mobs with more sweat (and more loot if they want to hunt). ACtually, one improvment they could make here is to make the road to Billys a bit easier so that newcomers could get that TP more easily. There are ATrox near Billys which are not easy for a newcomer with an Opalo or even a Breer.However, if you do get killed by an ATrox on the way you will end up at Billys anyway.
The introduction of vehicles has made the game a lot more fun, even for newcomers who can be driven to TPs (for free by kind players).
The introduction of missions has given us realistic short term goals (as opposed to skilling up which is more long term
The change in tiering is also a great improvement and has already encouraged more people to tier up their stuff.
I hope for a few more updates like these

Swunting punys would be way to boring with more sweat to collect.

If everything stays the same I'm happy :)

They are fine the way they are. I too have been swunting them and have come to love the puny mobs. This little petting zoo is the "best" way I've found of in game to skill on super low damage weapons like my UL viper whip. Sweating wasn't really ever meant to be a group activity as far as I know. It is a drag to sweat with multiple people since they do go dry fast, but the spawn is just about thick enough that it doesn't matter much... Even someone without a weapon can do ok here since they can just drag em to the water to drown em if they run dry.

I will say this though, just like with all other hunting, NO LOOTS is not fun... I also hate all the MISS but that will lower (hopefully) as I get more skilled on whip. Just annoying since I'm sometimes getting 2-3 in a row! Not sure if this is related to the lag/super rubber banding others are experiencing elsewhere... Luckily since it's puny it's no big deal really though as it's not a "life threatening" situation at the petting zoo...

I just wish there were more puny, all over Calypso, not just in the few spots they are in now. I haven't been south to that island down below PA yet because my I TTed my TP chip a while back and swimming there isn't the easiest thing to do with all the Leviathon around. Are there puny down there? If not, why not? A full island of puny would be awesome.

Also, maybe create more variety, and a sort of "micro" economy based on stuff like this. Maybe even do puny sabakuma that have like 1 health point only so you can kill them without any problem with anything. Then, perhaps make it so that the TT will "sell" the little weapons that are normally only in the missions at the gate, i.e. the kiwio, etc. or whatever it's called. In the past, it was an aim to get to one dollar an hour or somewhere around that. Introduction of Puny to Calypso proper is about the only way I've ever seen it "really" get close to that, at least for mellee weapons (opalo and snables could come close in the past - but tt enblades would have cost you a lot more in fap costs, armor, etc. ultimately). EXPAND ON THAT. Build a TRUE MICROPAYMENT ECONOMY! That's the only way lots more participants are going to enter our virtual world and be able to afford to stick around for years.

When you want to get more sweat and meet more people you should head over to Nea's Place, IMO
Neas is boring. There should be more of a challenge, and solo swunting fits that bill nicely. If anything, they should lower the sweat that comes out of the Ambu and other high health critters to encourage full time sweaters to visit other locations then Neas on occassion. Being self sufficient is an important part of living in Calypso.

Last edited:
More sweat, means more HP, means stronger mob, means no Puny!
That's how the game is balanced, or the other way around, or whatever. But no, no more sweat for a mob with only 10HP.
If you don't agree... why don't you just ask for uber items to drop more frequently and from Puny's too, if you get my point.

why don't you just ask for uber items to drop more frequently and from Puny's too, if you get my point.
Perhaps they should. People are always talking about how it's not fair for one or two to get a huge HOF and everyone else gets a bunch of NO LOOTs. It it was more balanced to let each kill be a fair "chance" at looting good stuff, there would likely be lot more deposits rolling in, which would be good for the entire RCE. One guy killing uber mobs on a weekend once a month is probably a lot less decay costs then an entire community depositing a few bucks here and there and being in game participating daily for every day that same month.

After all...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...co-said-....&p=2597757&viewfull=1#post2597757
All items can be found in PE, at any time.

Claiming that limited hunting runs are "impossible" to gain from is just plain wrong.

And it still stands - all avatars' are equal.
If there's segregation based on deposited amount, I'd say there is a bit of unequality that could be solved by allowing all mobs an equal chance of being good looters.

Last edited:
Back