Sweat Petition Help Us MA!!!!

Alpha Prime

Mature
Society
League of Fair Traders
Alpha Primemover One
Was great to see Bjorn making an effort today to help the newcomers and improve the viability of the game. He bought a hell of a lot of sweat out of his own pocket. We all own him a great big THANK YOU!!!
This thread is about getting as many people posting to show MA how much of an issue this is and maybe make them realise they need to do something.
Two concepts for you to vote on:
Proposition A: Get rid of Synth ME and Light ME
Propostition B: Use combo of oil/sweat for vehicle fuel

Simply post Prop A or B and yes or no for each one.

Thanks and good luck to all you sweaters

Why not just make a poll?

And also, neither A nor B. (If I MUST choose one, then I'll go with B)

A) Synthetic ME is the only reason that mindforce hunting and healing is a useable option, would you like to pay 160% MU (this MU assumes 5ped /k for sweat with no increase in nexus MU) on your ammo?

B) This option may work if it's implemented as an alternative fuel with some kind of added benefit, but once again you have the MU issue. People are used to paying a certain amount to use a vehicle, putting sweat into the mix @ 5ped /k (assuming that's what you're going for here) would increase vehicle fuel costs to 150%

In order to raise the price of sweat there would have to be a new use for it that makes it worth paying more for. Not just a use to soak up more sweat, but something that will motivate people to spend more peds on the sweat.

not going to choose either as they both seem to be a bad choice

I agree the price of sweat , since its suppose to be the MAIN way to make a living for new people short of Depositing, should have a decent rate of return for the time spent gathering

I do not agree that other professions should suffer for the sake of sweat however

I vote C - Deposit, if you can't, find another game.

Free to play is false advertising, it's like you would say, play lotto, you'll become rich.

Last edited:
Yet another sweater who makes a thread and does not understand WHY synthetic ME and light ME needs to be here....

as mentioned above, who would wanna use 160% MU ammo with a chip that already (when using TT ammo) has lower eco than all other guns that can use amps? :)

:wtg: threadstarter. deposit like the rest

i think sweat and oil in vehicles is a good idea. more blueprints using sweat would be good too.. ma could even go so far to make all bps use sweat?

kosmos

Why not just deposit like the rest of us instead of crying because you can't get AS MUCH free money any more?

Whiskey

Why not just make a poll?

A) Synthetic ME is the only reason that mindforce hunting and healing is a useable option, would you like to pay 160% MU (this MU assumes 5ped /k for sweat with no increase in nexus MU) on your ammo?

yet in the past before VU 10 ppl happily payed 180% - 220% for ME to use their chips and a shitload of ME sold compared to the fraction of useless ME selling atm. One use for ME is a big fail.

I refrain from recruiting anyone into the game the way things currently stand with free playing. Sweat is worthless (it costs more to pay for bandwith in SA then you get out of sweating -> So can count moust of SA out of even trying the game for longer then a week), Fruit is uselless as there still is no pets, the rig is imposible with mob spawns and uber assholes. So what does that leave for the newbs?. The economy has become worce and worce sins the change of the MF system, Less newbs stay around then used to and as a result less traders cater for the low lvl players further compounding the situation (think snowball or butterfly effect). Stay well clear of this game if you intend to play without depositing is what I tell anyone asking about free playing. Fuck you MA and planet partners I have had it playing recruiter for you greedy fucknuts untill you sort this shit out.

Just some of the things that can be done to improve sweat.
Mix with oil for better fuel that gives a boost or something.
Mix sweat with something els to create a new usable compound for some new game system.
Do like Rock topia or NI and make sweat needed for some BPS or something like that (Thanks for doing something to give more of a use to sweat what ever Planet partner was responsible for that and FPC wake the fuck up and realise you can do something about it aswell FFS)
Intreduse more cool MF chips that require old fasioned ME.

or they can always
Tug their heads between their legs and shuf it where the sun dont shine while old players dissapear and new players dont stick around longer then a week. Pretty soon this game will be 100 players above 10 agil and a bunch of 1 agil players trying out this so called RCE game that is "FREE" to play.

Vehicles use so little fuel that someone could supply their own sweat for free.

Same goes for crafters, why add to their expense when they can just sweat for a while themselves.

The only way you could get any of these to work would be to reinstate the sweat cap at which point all the brothers / sisters / remote uncles of players will start playing ;) just like it used to be.

Its free do downolad and explore, Is NOT free to play.

im going for ..

Propostition C: Get rid of veichles.

Its free do downolad and explore, Is NOT free to play.

im going for ..

Propostition C: Get rid of veichles.

Sell your vehicle then and use only a TP chip. I love my VTOL

O and as for the sweat cap, Im all up for that. Its way more trouble creating a new avatar with buggerol evade every few days to continue sweating then staying on your avatar and using your income from sweat to trade. The more traders the better the economy will be

Sorry but i vote No and No, deal with the changes like everyone else :wise:

When I started playing the sweat was paid between 6 and 7 peds K. But the prices of weapons and ammunition that could be bought in the TT were the same to be paid by the EU experienced players.

Today a player who just started can test the main professions at bargain prices with weapons and tools "rookie" and hunt mobs "puny" at a fraction of the cost we pay those who started before these facilities. They can test the game and if they like it, pay for the fun.

More players depositing peds mean a better and stronger ingame economy. And when the ingame economy improves loot also improves, for the good of all..

I agree with you, i think sweat should have a better use but i do not think sweat should cost any more than 3ped per/k

I vote D. Make the sweat tool cost as much as an opalo and decay just as much every time you use it so that the forums don't keep getting flooded with threads like this. This will give the sweat more of a true value as it'll cost decay to get it. That will force there to be less of a supply so the demand will grow and the price will grow right along with it.

That's what people making threads like this really want, isn't it?

So if sweat goes up to 5ped/1k , how much ped will Bjorn make?

Bones

Was great to see Bjorn making an effort today to help the newcomers and improve the viability of the game. He bought a hell of a lot of sweat out of his own pocket. We all own him a great big THANK YOU!!!
This thread is about getting as many people posting to show MA how much of an issue this is and maybe make them realise they need to do something.

Thank you for your support Alpha Prime. I cleared 140000 bottles of sweat today, kinda got carried away :) However I can not keep these Sweat Drives going without community support. So Sweat Drive 4 will only happen if other players step up and put some Peds forward.
I agree that there is no need for Synthetic and Light Mind Essence. These items have had a profound effect on the sweat market and I think all MA needs to do is remove them and keep Sweat and Mind essence hand in hand. I agree with others that combining oil with sweat to make vehicle fuel may inflate fuel prices.

All in all MA needs to step up and address the sweat issue because it is bloody boring sweating, especially if the end result is worthless sweat! I agree with other comments that this isnt a "Play for free" game anymore and as a depositor I get more enjoyment with the money I put into the game. The issue is for MA in that they are excluding younger or players without credit card access, who may get hooked on the game starting with sweating and the Ped rewards and at a later stage start depositing. If you lose the junior players to start with because they are bored shitless sweating with no reward, then another customer is lost!

Anyway, lets see what MA does.

Cheers
Bjorn

So if sweat goes up to 5ped/1k , how much ped will Bjorn make?

Bones

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I am a big re-seller, who will buy my 400000 bottles of sweat at 6Ped per 1000! :laugh::laugh:

Don't worry Bones, the sweat is just being used for my own Mind Essence supply, with the 5Ped per 1000 I paid and the cost of Force Nexus I would make a loss even if I tried to sell the ME.

I am a big re-seller

Don't worry Bones

No worries here mate , personally I love the addition of synthetic ME and doubt MA will remove a system they have struggled to implement on a timely schedule and have not yet completed.

I too was a advocate to help the new players with the sweat system and had attempted to persuade MA to make the system more noob friendly.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?73276-Sweat-in-auction-petition&highlight=sweat+petition

I do agree there could be a better expanded use for sweat to help drive the price up , but I do not agree with the sacrifice of the new ME's to accomplish this.

One thing that has helped the newb population out is the new low cost TT items which new players can get a good feel for the game at a very low cost.

Ultimately it is up to the new player to make a decision to deposit 10 dollars to make the decision if this game is what they had envisioned when they had first read of it.

Lets face it , if you cant afford a 10 dollar deposit , do you really need to be playing the most expensive MMORPG in existence?

Bones

It would have been awesome if MA/FPC had introduced all of these new strike and attack Mindforce chips (L) through weapon blueprints which require Vibrant Sweat to craft.

Proposition A: Hell no! Never EVER!
Proposition B: Yes, if it gives a bonus to vehicle speed or something like that.

Question: Why should MA work on raising the sweat price artificially so that more people use their product for free without paying, and why should those that DO pay to use it encourage that?

I am sure that there are better ways for MA and the planet partners to help out newbies than to artificially raise sweat prices, and would therefore rather see some kind of newbie job implemented that could be done up until a certain level.

I agree that there is no need for Synthetic and Light Mind Essence.

MindForce will be even more uneco than it already is if they remove synthetic ME.

For example myself would not be able to keep using MindForce for healing newbies at swamp and neas as I have, I wouldnt be able to hunt with mindforce, etc and I would probably therefore also get rid of my focus chip and stop giving focus charges to newbies. I guess that without synth ME I would only keep the TP chips... and I think a lot of other people would do the same.

Therefore, my (and others) total use of sweat would go down, me (and others) would buy less ME meaning that the ME demand goes down, sweat demand goes down and sweat prices goes down even further.

Maybe... :dunno:

I think the idea for B would be good, I would pay a noob for sweat if it meant a top speed of more than 60 :D

Ofcourse, me, as trying to help others would vote for A, but, MA will never help newbies i make you sure about that one. Theres already a gazilion of rumors flowing around something like MA is loosing money selling LA's cheap etc etc, a lot of explaining, so tell me, why they should let you, newbies, earn money easy, then accidantly win a loot pool with a mining tower or big hunting uber loot and then do more crazy things, meybe wining more or withdrawing.
As long as iv readed on forums back in old days it was very big money sweating, then it was very easy trading profit, i wonder why they changed it all back, not left how it was or even made better. Easy, they cear about ppl who pay to them ( depositors ) and they give a damn at players like you who wanna free money no matter how u work. GL

PS. I just told everyone the real truth, how it is. Dont take it as im against raising sweat price or doin any other cool thing to help ya'll earn more ped

Dare I say that seeing as how this is the fourth thread you've made about sweat in the past 3 days, you're planning on sweating as a permanent form of income in the game?

If you're wondering why life sucks for sweaters, it's because too many people lack the creativity to do other things for income...

the only way for MA to really keep sweating a viable free trial for the game is to gently encourage about 3/4 of the perma-sweaters to quit.

I vote D. Make the sweat tool cost as much as an opalo and decay just as much every time you use it so that the forums don't keep getting flooded with threads like this. This will give the sweat more of a true value as it'll cost decay to get it. That will force there to be less of a supply so the demand will grow and the price will grow right along with it.

That's what people making threads like this really want, isn't it?

HAHA! this is awesome and how it should be these days :wise:

Sweat is worthless for 2 reasons;
1)To many sweaters
2)Not enough uses for ME

Your not supposed to sweat 24/hours a day to make 100's of peds. Your supposed to sweat until you can buy a gun and some ammo, then sweat to recover your losses. You see, those of us who buy sweat do so because we are too lazy to get it ourselves. But when you have 10 people trying to sell sweat, and only 1 person who wants to buy it, then 9 people don't get to sell their sweat so the price drops. Basic economics, supply versus demand.

A: no F****** way
B: Possibly
C: Deposit!!

Hey..... NEVERDIE is helping the sweaters out by using vibrant sweat as an ingredient in the crafting blue prints he's introduced on RockTropia. Chances are, sweat will be used in the NI BP's as well I would ASSUME. Errr.... wait a minute.... sorry.... speaking of the target of a Calypsian wide lynch mob probably isn't the best thing to do here on the Planet Calypso Forum. Besides... NEVERDIE probably used inside information and realized that new players would forever have a hard time now that sweat is useless. Inside information is evil and hurts everyone. Disregard this post.
:beerchug:

Whiskey

Hey..... NEVERDIE is helping the sweaters out by using vibrant sweat as an ingredient in the crafting blue prints he's introduced on RockTropia. Chances are, sweat will be used in the NI BP's as well I would ASSUME. Errr.... wait a minute.... sorry.... speaking of the target of a Calypsian wide lynch mob probably isn't the best thing to do here on the Planet Calypso Forum. Besides... NEVERDIE probably used inside information and realized that new players would forever have a hard time now that sweat is useless. Inside information is evil and hurts everyone. Disregard this post.

Disregarding the trolling and flamebait parts of this post:

I am not sure that ND can use sweat in his blueprints without MindArks permission. Even so, it is hardly enough to drive up sweat prices.

Back