EUWBC 2011: Draw, Results and Schedule

Great, we're all set then :)

What do i miss here:

Players’ Health is likely to increase during the course of the tournament, so players will be allowed to play ‘over-weight’ by up to 3 Health points, as long as they start the tournament in the correct weight class. There is no penalty for being ‘under-weight’. If you think you are likely to go ‘over-weight’ by more than 3 points, you should enter the higher weight class.

111 health is still within the overweight limit - so what exactly are you discussing here?

That someone who has advanced a round due to a disqualified opponent does not mean that (s)he has entered the competition later - it is your fault, oleg, not requesting screenshots from everyone on day 1.

It has always been the case that people must be in the correct weight class for their first fight. The purpose of the overweight rule is to avoid people having to leave the competition or stop skilling when the competition goes on for several weeks.

It's not important now anyway, Bonnie is back at the correct HP.

I must be missing something, why did you have to chip out to compete? The limit is 113 and you were 111 so why were you not allowed to compete? Oleg maybe you can enlighten us?

It has always been the case that people must be in the correct weight class for their first fight. The purpose of the overweight rule is to avoid people having to leave the competition or stop skilling when the competition goes on for several weeks.

Always been the case? C'mon - it's the third year you run this, that's hardly "always".

And from the first year i remember you requested screenies from everyone "before the very first fight starts".

Now you've silently changed that to "before your very first fight starts"... you might want to help me out there, because that particular case is not covered by the rules - at least i cannot find it.

And that someone's "first fight" didn't take place as expected should not be interpreted at their disadvantage,
otherwise i will not enter your little boxing thingie again, nor try to get soc mates to compete, too.

It's not important now anyway, Bonnie is back at the correct HP.

I find it pretty idiotic that someone has to chip out skills for a fun competition - especially someone who was within the overweight clause.

Last edited:
Always been the case? C'mon - it's the third year you run this, that's hardly "always".

And from the first year i remember you requested screenies from everyone "before the very first fight starts".

You remember wrong.

I know you can start an argument out of anything, but you're not doing it here. Go and troll somewhere else.

You remember wrong.

I know you can start an argument out of anything, but you're not doing it here.

And you can create arguments out of thin air?

"You remember it wrong" is very, very thin - go and dig up your thread to prove me wrong, otherwise it very much looks like you just change the rules at will.
(we have already seen how "fed up" with this championship you are - still, stick to your own rules, lazyness is no option here)

And you may have noticed that i am not the only one who thinks your reaction on this all is a tad questionable...

Go and troll somewhere else.

The standard reaction when people come up with inconvenient questions: Call them trolls :rolleyes:

I have a very valid request, and i don't give a wet fart if you just try to wipe it away by calling it "trolling" - you owe everyone who signed up or watched this championship that you quote the appropriate section of the rules which you based your decision on.

If you don't like me posting inconvenient questions here, well, it is damn simple to make me shut up:
Prove your actions are in accordance with the rules.

And you may have noticed that i am not the only one who thinks your reaction on this all is a tad questionable...

I think it is very questionable and just want to understand why somebody had to chip out and was penilised for their aponent withdrawing.

seems a bit odd.

(we have already seen how "fed up" with this championship you are - still, stick to your own rules, lazyness is no option here)
If I'd gone to the time and effort to organise a fun event for people, only for many to not show up as planned at times that they'd said they were available then I'd be pissed off as well.

I am curious to know why Alainax was "overweight" at 113 HP when the limit was 110+3 HP (assuming that is correct, of course) as well. But I also know that Oleg is an event organiser of considerable standing, and so I bet he has a plausible answer.

Meanwhile, those who think he's bending the rules to suit himself are free to go off and use their own considerable time and effort to arrange a fun boxing event of their own.

I think it is very questionable and just want to understand why somebody had to chip out and was penilised for their aponent withdrawing.

seems a bit odd.

I explained the position in post 64.

I also previously said that I was hopeful that the fight could go ahead anyway. I did not force Bonnie to chip out, she chose to do so.

Schedule updated, I expect this is now the final version.

--mod hat on--
Consider the issue resolved and move on please.
--/mod hat on--

Enjoy the contest. Sorry I can't compete this year, but I was never any good anyway. :laugh:

Oleg we THANKS YOU for all the GREAT work you DO

Please keep it UP !

Trollers and haters can GO TO HELL !

*Nel angry mod*

Oleg we THANKS YOU for all the GREAT work you DO

Please keep it UP !

Trollers and haters can GO TO HELL !

*Nel angry mod*
Agreed but lets keep this clean for the event, i am guilty for taking it off topic too :ahh:

thanks Oleg for your efforts again this year and look forward to next year also!! :D

Yes thanks Oleg for all your efforts to host this event every year! Just hope next time MA will show some support, because I'm sure a lot of people get motivated by the event prizes that we used to have ;p (almost everyone shows up then lol). Of course thanks to Rag as well for the same efforts! You guys are great!

Watched a couple of fights last night before I got ctd and went to bed lol...but those were some really great fights and close ones too! Wildman played some great music on AHR too, so all and all another great event by Oleg! Keep up the good work mate! :wtg:

Hey Oleg.

i just wanted to inform that my hp is now higher then the allowed in middleweight, dont know if u wonna disqualify me or what happends now?

regards

hey wasnt i suppose to do a boxing match now at billys? i dont see anyone there

Yes, Fort Zeus :)

Thanks for the job Oleg, and thanks to all my training partnes.

And see ya next year 3J! (hope I didn't totally smashed your pumpkin ;))

hp post.

thanx for the fun event, looking forward to the quarter finals

here is my hp as of today

Draw updated and a couple of fights scheduled for later today, more to come soon I hope :)

Seems like an error occured in the draws & results in welterweight

Quaterfinal:
2. Shaolin Amathera Nightwish (Calypso Desert Rangers) 0-3 Bo-göran Bobbazz Salomonsson (BlackAngels)

So Bobbazz won, but i'm gonna fight Shaolin in the semi-finals.
I wonder which one i have to :smash: now :)

I'll make tonight at 18:00 an open session, so if you can come along please do and I'll see if we can match anyone up. I can't guarantee you a fight though, other than the scheduled Eufrat v Zlotko.

Seems like an error occured in the draws & results in welterweight

Quaterfinal:
2. Shaolin Amathera Nightwish (Calypso Desert Rangers) 0-3 Bo-göran Bobbazz Salomonsson (BlackAngels)

So Bobbazz won, but i'm gonna fight Shaolin in the semi-finals.
I wonder which one i have to :smash: now :)

Oops, well spotted :D Amathera won that fight, I will correct it now. Thanks for pointing it out.

hp post.

good game Zlotko, well deserved win.

Back