Put a turret at The Oil Rig!!! Stop the mob trains!!!

Status
if you put a turret there you might aswell rmove the pump aswell.. rename it "can only be killed by players now area"

Have you already realized that you are the only person complaining about it and that you are not even PVPer at all? :D

Atleast you create some entertainment, i pretty much LOLd about your support cases effort :D

Keep this up! :D

He thinks he's a pker because he bought a big gun he doesn't know how to use. This is the "foudil" school of pk. :wise:

Its not a violation of the EULA, at least not in pvp areas.

Then you need to inform your support system of this...I can forward to you anywhere you like, multiple support case responses from MindArks support where they have stated otherwise. (are these responses legally binding as well...hmmm?)

If mob trains are not against the ToU, in a PvP area (like my multiple support case responses state that they are, with excerpts from the ToU included for supports justification for saying that they are), then let the games begin:)

Tiny

Its not a violation of the EULA, at least not in pvp areas.

Here is one example...

History for support case 196434:

2011-09-14 18:07 You wrote:

Are mobs trains using a vehicle considered an exploit and is it a potentially bannable offense?

Not that I would ever like to see some get banned from this game, but repeated and blantant use of a in-game mechanism in which they could never accomplish killing someone in PvP and use mobs to do it. Is this a greifing issue or is it wrong. Any help with an answer to this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tiny Dancer

Supports response...

2011-09-19 12:34 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
Thank you for reporting this. I apologize for the late reply to your case. Yes this behaviour (all types of mob training) is considered an exploit and therefore a breach to the Terms of Use. This is unacceptable. It is clearly stated in the Terms of Use § 8.j that:
" You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others".

You did the right thing by contacting us so if you can, please provide me with the names of these avatars.

Kind regards,
Pamela | Planet Calypso Support

I can provide other examples if needed:)

Tiny

You + Oil Rig = Fail..... Suggestion : Suck it up or go do whatever the hell you used to do before you thought you be a rigger​

ahhh, the wanna be at it again

did you even play when rig was "real"? and even now i've never seen you there

ahhhh, that lil Daisy

This thread is funny

Agreed, the head and the hand of MA need to get together sometime and say the same thing

Mob train = anti god mode weapon

There aint nothing 50 trox stalkers cant hurt :)

So you are the vigilant supporter of "buy EON, buy MOD FAP, noone can kill you" kind of pvp.

Choose, from one of the following, which suits you discription the best:

You are:

1) A dick
2) A dick-head
3) A chicken
4) You penis is small so that you vent frustration killing OJs with foeripper
5) All of the above

Regards

I.

I can only assume you have met Foudil...:p

In general you talk way too much !

Take care of that aspect

Ahhh, that lil Daisy

With this statement, Kim has given permission for anybody to mobtrain in any pvp enviroment. PvP areas 1, 2, 3,and 4 can now be mobtrained. All PvP Fort events, Landgrabs and other pvp events can now be mobtrained. All areas on Amethera that are still PVP can be mobtrained. So if you see a train of razortooths coming at you when you are hunting leviathan east of Oyster Isle, dont worry it is legal. If you are trying to get an uber hof off Mulaak'f, don't worry about the miner dragging 30 more of them at you, it is legal.

Like I said in a previous post in this thread...Let the games begin

But I won't be focusing my efforts at the rig

if you put a turret there you might aswell rmove the pump aswell.. rename it "can only be killed by players now area"

the only thing it will be renamed to is PvP...

when someone does a mobtrain...it is not PvP at that point, it is player vs mob

Tiny

Here is one example...

Are mobs trains using a vehicle considered an exploit and is it a potentially bannable offense?

Not that I would ever like to see some get banned from this game, but repeated and blantant use of a in-game mechanism in which they could never accomplish killing someone in PvP and use mobs to do it. Is this a greifing issue or is it wrong. Any help with an answer to this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Tiny Dancer

Supports response...

Hi,
Thank you for reporting this. I apologize for the late reply to your case. Yes this behaviour (all types of mob training) is considered an exploit and therefore a breach to the Terms of Use. This is unacceptable. It is clearly stated in the Terms of Use § 8.j that:
" You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others".

You did the right thing by contacting us so if you can, please provide me with the names of these avatars.

Kind regards,

Tiny

This means OP get personal turret at rig now? :D

I do not get it why even mob train is possible if it is violation of EULA, its not rocket science program to eliminate this mob train issue, reset the damnn mob back to its origin if someone try to mob train far off = less support case = more time for happy hour :D

This means OP get personal turret at rig now? :D

I do not get it why even mob train is possible if it is violation of EULA, its not rocket science program to eliminate this mob train issue, reset the damnn mob back to its origin if someone try to mob train far off = less support case = more time for happy hour :D

No arguments there...:beerchug:

Cheers

Tiny

Here is one example...

Thank you,

Tiny Dancer

Supports response...

Hi,

Kind regards,

Tiny

Let's continue our pm-discussion a bit here. I don't see how:

""
It is clearly stated in the Terms of Use § 8.j that:
""

is seriously supporting the statement:

""
Yes this behaviour (all types of mob training) is considered an exploit and therefore a breach to the Terms of Use.
""

Terms of Use § 8.j speaks of exploiting errors and bugs and cheating by using errors and bugs for own benefit, and not reporting these errors and bugs. The term other "exploits" is way to vague.
Imo this support answer is plain bad and one cannot understand from it why mobtraining would be against the ToU and/or EULA.

Final argument: How can a feature that has been ingame for the 8,5 years that I have been playing so far be considered a bug, error or exploit? That would make MA the laziest comany ever...

It may be that the exception to the "general" rule may occur :

1. if it is done in a regular event style "pvp" zone (oil rig). Land grabs may be a different issue due the nature of the prize (Unique events).

2. it is not aimed at one person (@ the oil rig you can always "assume" there is more than one person)

3. it is performed in a "natural" manner (ie: by a method that is the effect of what is considered a "natural action" )

"Natural actions" is where we get mixed messages (The VTOL hunting incidents)

1. if it is done in a regular event style "pvp" zone (oil rig). Land grabs may be a different issue due the nature of the prize (Unique events).

2. it is not aimed at one person (@ the oil rig you can always "assume" there is more than one person)

3. it is performed in a "natural" manner (ie: by a method that is the effect of what is considered a "natural action" )

This may very well be one of the most constructive post I have ever read from you Daisy.

Doesn't mean I totally agree with all of it, but I don't make the rules...

Just saying it was refreshing to see.

Tiny

Get in a Vtol if u don´t want to be overrun by the train :)
Or smile and ride the train to revival ;)

Last edited:

maybe you don't want a turret at the rig... that's ok if that's your opinion...

but why do you want to try to over analyze the descriptions of exploit and harassment, and twist them into loopholes somewhow trying to support mob trains?! :scratch2:

1. absolutely nowhere in the EULA/ToU does it state any different sets of rules apply in PvP zones when it comes to exploits and harassment (which are the categories mob training falls into)

2. you really think running a train into 1 guy is harassment, and running a train into 2 or more people is legit tactic? really?!

3. mobs are not there for training into people, that should be pretty obvious to everybody that is not what they are intended for!

:smoke:

maybe you don't want a turret at the rig... that's ok if that's your opinion...

but why do you want to try to over analyze the descriptions of exploit and harassment, and twist them into loopholes somewhow trying to support mob trains?! :scratch2:

1. absolutely nowhere in the EULA/ToU does it state any different sets of rules apply in PvP zones when it comes to exploits and harassment (which are the categories mob training falls into)

2. you really think running a train into 1 guy is harassment, and running a train into 2 or more people is legit tactic? really?!

3. mobs are not there for training into people, that should be pretty obvious to everybody that is not what they are intended for!

:smoke:

*Dont reply, dont reply....this guys obviously a dumb ass, who will one day look back at this post and think "Wow i was such a nib back then" *....Oh hey heeyyy....So ummmm....how long you been standing there eh ^^ So ermmm, you must think im pretty awful right now eh ^^ OH FUCK IT.....U SUUUUCK.*my monkey throws a turd at ya*....*Diasy and monkey spins around, running into the distance* DUMB ASS ssssss HAHA "Daisy breaks a heel" * FUCK !!!* "keeps running" HAHAaaaa

Ey Tiny...how you like me now eh.... back in Character...YEA !!! ;)

Aaaaaaand...END SCENE...."grabs a :smoke:"

Last edited:
The rule is that mobtrains are always illegal. Unless they are in pvp. They are ok in pvp. Unless you do it multiple times. Then it's not ok. Unless it's not necessarily to the same person, but a particular area. Then it's ok. Unless you are using a vehicle to do it. Then it's not ok. Unless it's at LG, then it's ok. Unless you're using underground bug. Then it's not ok. Unless it is really, really, incredibly funny. Then it's ok.

These are SIMPLE rules people! :D

In the end, there are no rules. MA makes them up as they go along. There is no standardized rules system for behavior so they make judgment calls as they go along. Apparently, in their judgment, pvp mobtrains are ok. Who is the last person you heard of who even got a warning for this?

Status
Back