Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

To be fair they do not need $6m in total, buy then sell, buy then sell. Its the player base that needs to spend $6m.

I wouldnt be surprised if they sold out to large investers. Seeking an opportunity

But who knows

End of the week, there may be loads waiting to be sold

Rgds

Ace

Yeah, EOW will show.

For me, what I see right now and most positive, it's not even nice PED-sink, it's PED-toilet-flush.

Also, just by looking wider, sad but true: we are mortals. Some more, some less. Now, instead of selling whole planet to one (juridically) PP, shares goes to massive amount of people.

And most of them will use their dividends... for playing.

Really nice. (smile.jpg)

sure

so its a share on hunting XD and a bit on excavator and mining device ... (lol @ crafting )

Where to begin...?
I haven't read ALL the posts, and almost noone will either... so repeating something 'good / elemental in the thread' will help others overall now the thread is so long!

"A share of THE" means there is only one of the "THE". Even getting 'an equal share' doesn't mean all shares equal the total. The gross revenue is the money coming in, in accordance with the income allocations (decay, auction fees? etc).
If each deed holder were to get an equal share of ALL of that revenue there would be none for the PP employees, as has been mentioned. At the very least the PP must be able to work as a 'non-profit' body which pays back out all of the income minus its costs...
However, we also know nothing about what salary structures etc. can be decided by whom (certainly doesn't appear to be deedholders), so there is nothing to stop costs rising to match the income with nothing left over to 'return' as part of 'a share'.
The whole thing is thus even more built on TRUST than has always been the case with peds, as the tt value is virtually non-existent and the background agreements unknowable by almost everyone so far.

Plus, as stated earlier by someone, it is not much of an idea to use your first 1k peds (if you have that much) to get even 5 or so 'expected' peds a week. If you have peds sitting around not able to generate better efficiency in everyday activities, then those peds may be investable, yes (edit: potentially also rl money).

The 1k peds is just a benchmark 'emissions' price, if reached. I haven't seen yet if initial broker offers have a lower starting bid below the 1k buyout.

I expect the price to drop below the 1k mark if the market becomes saturated, and at any rate I expect it to do so too even if the market balances on average around that mark. For it not to do this would require all deeds to be sold and for there to be constant higher demand for them than people selling.
When official announcements include timelines which include development merely planned to begin in 2013...... ah well!

Yes, I do like the idea of US running OUR planet... but even countries aren't able to keep their governments together right now, and we haven't even got representatives at all on Calypso as far as I can see... (yet?)

Last edited:
Hello Kim,

Does the revenue which is generated through the sales of these deeds count to the planet partners gross revenue ?

I'm wondering if the income of the share sales also counts as income for Caly and thus generating money for the pay-outs.

If the sales counted towards revenue, the deeds would be effectively free as the investment would be recouped immediately.

So I would guess the answer is no :D

If the sales counted towards revenue, the deeds would be effectively free as the investment would be recouped immediately.

So I would guess the answer is no :D

I think you are right...

First of all MA needs cash...that's the bottom line.
I don't think they would be able to sell all of them any time soon.
So, the ammount they are likely to get won't be very high... and dividing that with PP(deed holders) won't make any sense>

Yes. But in my experience, those, who "have" - firstly very careful with investments, secondly - maybe see that (actually, scary ROI, tbh) 20-30% attractive.

For me, solution was very simple.

1) It's not my level. Yes, I can afford to buy some shares, but even in most optimistic returns (300 peds from 1k per year) - it's nothing for me, though, it's passive and nice income. I can do much more with "live" capital.
2) In case of total happynes with those shares (nonsense!), economic situation will be so good, that I will be in even better position with "live" capital.

So, like Soradin said - I would buy one "just for the sheer novelty of it".

I really would like to see where you get an investment in real that cant loose its initial value and nets you ~30% per year, even the very best investmentfunds only do up to ~12% longterm. Everything that nets you more has considerable risks involved. Of course there is always the risk of the whole universe failing, but only if those who buy the deeds expect it to fail - as long as investors believe in an investment they make as long it is secure. And opposing to any realworld investment you can be sure of one thing, as long as mindark controls the speed at which deeds are sold they wont allow resellers to sell below the orginal auction price and therefore devaluating the investment for others.
They found a reliable way to print money and i have already joined in to get some printed ;)

if PP expenses are not counted, who will develop calypso? the shareholders? whoever develops calypso will work for free? i think it only makes sense that each share gets a chunk of the _profit_.

bingo , some one with brains.

I just bought some share plots.
and bought them for a few reasons.

1 i wish to build me a house.
2 i wish to own a bit of land
3 i get some income from game so have to depot a bit less
4 i i own a bit of my game
5 i will have vote's i can put forward
6 i believe in it and wanted shares for a longer time allready, though this kind of way i did not yet think about though.

the dividents that get split ,comes from the proffit made by the planet , it stay's in control from MA so that is a good steady thing.
and 100 $ share is a high valued one.

i know its only a little bit of money that we will recieve from them every week.
its like 1/60.000 th of the proffit made by caly planet
but if it pay's back the costs in like 5 or 6 years even , ill be happy.
because the money has earned itself back in the end

i hope for some good investors buying and help support caly to the outher real life world.
because i will , i'm truck driver so ill stick the name at the back on it somewhere, for ppl to read.
the more ppl get to caly the better :p

oh and i read some where here some was thinking resellers would bring the price down ?

now i dont want to be a ass, but resellers bring the price up otherwise they wouldn't be very good now is it.
and so what if price drops , it are shares , buy low sell high ............
if dum asses sell it cheap ill buy lol
and we will get those dumby's count my word on that.

welcome ingame stock market .................. :yay:

Last edited:
They found a reliable way to print money and i have already joined in to get some printed ;)
... which is exactly why this thing seems a little bit fishy... regardless of whether Kim gets fishing in game or not.

I don't understand really well. :scratch2:

Basically, under some "citizenship" cover, they are selling shares of Calypso to the players, right?
Moreover in a virtual currency which they own and which they provide no guarantee on.

Please tell me I am wrong.

Additional Information

To clarify various questions raised by participants, the following information has been added to the original Land Lot Deed announcement:

Land Lot Deeds can be found on the Entropia Universe auction, under the ‘Global’ location (selectable in the top right-hand corner of the auction interface), and are sold by the avatar James Bowerbird EstateBroker.

Land Lot deeds will be added to the Entropia Universe global auction at varying times throughout the day so that participants from all timezones will have an opportunity to acquire deeds during the initial offering.

The Land Lot deeds are tradeable just like any other item in Entropia Universe. Revenue share dividends will be paid once per week, into the PED card balances of all participants currently holding Land Lot deeds at the time of disbursement. Land Lot deeds need not be held in an avatar’s carried inventory; as long as the deed(s) are included on the ‘My Items’ list, dividends will be received.

The Planet Partner Revenue paid to Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) will be divided equally: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders and the remaining 50% to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

Land Lot deeds are unable to be looted in PVP areas.

Last edited:
To clarify various questions raised by participants, the following information has been added to the original Land Lot Deed announcement:

Land Lot Deeds can be found on the Entropia Universe auction, under the ‘Global’ location (selectable in the top right-hand corner of the auction interface), and are sold by the avatar James Bowerbird EstateBroker.

Land Lot deeds will be added to the Entropia Universe global auction at varying times throughout the day so that participants from all timezones will have an opportunity to acquire deeds during the initial offering.

The Land Lot deeds are tradeable just like any other item in Entropia Universe. Revenue share dividends will be paid once per week, into the PED card balances of all participants currently holding Land Lot deeds at the time of disbursement. Land Lot deeds need not be held in an avatar’s carried inventory; as long as the deed(s) are included on the ‘My Items’ list, dividends will be received.

The Planet Partner Revenue paid to Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) will be divided equally: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders and the remaining 50% to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

It is nice to know that they dont need to be carried around :)
On this topic thought, since this is the very first type of deed which is 'stackable' has it been considered if those deeds will be lootable in lootable pvp ? :cool:

Hey Bjorn/Ma,

Can anything be done to reduce the reselling here, for example:

Make them not trade able until the New Year
Cannot be sold on a planet Auction for a few months
Allow players to place an order on the global auction for a stack of their choice (only one order at a time) and first come first served..

Or any other idea, I know there is a lot going up over time but seems a shame that people are just re-listing these for quick profits when there are plenty of people who would like to buy and hold them

Ant

It is nice to know that they dont need to be carried around :)
On this topic thought, since this is the very first type of deed which is 'stackable' has it been considered if those deeds will be lootable in lootable pvp ? :cool:

Uhh... Just look at the very last line of Bjorn's post, just above what you wrote ;)

Ty for the answers Bjorn.

The amount received per week will/should thus be a DIRECT reflection of the Planet Partner Revenue for that period. As it has nothing to do with costs, it is entirely related to the pure revenue generated in each period.
This should make it a pretty good revenue monitor to have 1 in inventory(/storage)!!! (and to know how much the PP is getting too)

Uhh... Just look at the very last line of Bjorn's post, just above what you wrote ;)
I guess he wonders if the idea was considered at all, or if it may be considered in future :).

Allow players to place an order on the global auction for a stack of their choice (only one order at a time) and first come first served..
In that case the whole bulk will go straight to the resellers and their second/third/etc avatars ;)

Looking at the auction, I see that the first hysteria is over and now people don't buy from resellers even for as low as 1070, so maybe resellers won't be a problem soon.

I guess he wonders if the idea was considered at all, or if it may be considered in future :).

In that case the whole bulk will go straight to the resellers and their second/third/etc avatars ;)

Yea figured that but if you couldn't trade it for a couple of months/or re-list on auction ss well then I think it would reduce reselling which is mostly to turn ped quickly :p

Ant

I'd make them not tradeable at least until the 60K Deeds are sold.
It would avoid resellers to buy with the profit they made with the first ones they reselled.

Did you have in place a system to avoid monopoly??????

so, here we have our answer... 50% of gross revenue goes to MA, and 50% goes to PP. from that 50% that goes to PP, half of it goes to shareholders, and half to cover PP expenses.

so, 25% of gross revenue goes to shareholders.

at least the good thing is that it will always be positive, even if the net profit of the PP is negative :p

Did you have in place a system to avoid monopoly??????

Im not sure why you think mindark should have anything against a single person buying all remaining shares, after all they tried finding such a person before. Now they just added what we all requested - the option to become a part of it , to earn a share of what they earn to get involved in decision making / in suggestions on how to further improve planet Calypso. If there really should be one person willing to put the remaining 5-5.5 mio $ out for those deeds that were not sold up to now - im sure Mindark would clap hands, engage a few more external developers ready 2 more continents and put another 60k shares out each for the same size area then the first 60k were. Over time of course to not devalue the current investments.

It would avoid resellers to buy with the profit they made with the first ones they reselled.

Good idea, or how about they can only be sold via auction and only for 1k ped until all 60k have been sold

To clarify various questions raised by participants...

Can you please clarify "The Planet Partner Revenue paid to Planet Calypso"?

Is this the revenue generated by Planet Calypso (of which 50% gos to PC and 50% to MA)?

Or does this refer to the 50% that goes to PC, meaning the deeds get a share of 50% of the 50% (i.e. 25%)?

True, and MA failed again...because they did not do like you wrote above, which seems that they don't care about the investors, thay just counting $$$ form both sold uncovered virtual shares and auction fees of quick and rich avatars. It is not too late to update this system and show that you do not do it for the profit only.

can you please clarify "the planet partner revenue paid to planet calypso"?

Is this the revenue generated by planet calypso (of which 50% gos to pc and 50% to ma)?

Or does this refer to the 50% that goes to pc, meaning the deeds get a share of 50% of the 50% (i.e. 25%)?

hi mate :cool:

True, and MA failed again..
They don't. Without reselling there won't be so much craze about the case and the auction will be full of unsold deeds. Remember the days when the estate section was crammed with hundreds of apartment deeds?

Ah, and there are auction fees! A very sweet addition to the $6m if the reselling will continue.

maybe it be better if mindark officials do a press conference on a voice-chat systems on public with the interests.

minark has the technical possibility to host a teamspeak server for all.

it be better to have the possibility to ask questions via voice instead of forums.

What does mindark think of that?

Alone the new quote:

"The Planet Partner Revenue paid to Planet Calypso (AR Universe AB) will be divided equally: 50% paid to Land Lot deedholders and the remaining 50% to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso."

is for me way too unclear to understand again.

"Who transfers money to whom" is not clear anymore due to too many different texts and company involved now.

Mindark please be so kind and do an example calculation with real values of the year 2010 and state where the real numbers can be acquired from public. Which extern company assures the numbers are right? With whom do you work together in that case?

My biggest worries is that players who never did investments in anything buy alot deeds because they just think to "have unlimited peds on weekly basis" then.

Even the possibility mentioned already that there could be even way more shares in future can get players into situation of not getting back their money until 2050 or so...

Every company working with shares in real life does a conference with the share owners once a year and its a "Face to face" discussion then.

Will there be such an event at least once a year then to let the people speak an meet you?

What are the business plans for the next 3,5 years to get stability in the universe by cashflow, content and more important than ever: number of existing players?

Please answer so i can decide if i might buy any deeds.

Thank you for you time.

Silvie <3

what if the 50% isn't enough to cover the ongoing development, marketing and operating costs of Planet Calypso.

In order to pay that amount off requires Calypso to make a big profit from depositing players.

Last edited:
So after the deal to sell Calypso fror $6m fell through, MA now value Calypso at $12m. Interesting economics there...

So after the deal to sell Calypso fror $6m fell through, MA now value Calypso at $12m. Interesting economics there...

or not... with the 6 million the other party had to pay stuff like salaries, we don't have to pay that stuff (if we won't play)

Back