Can MA logs be bugged?

Strash

Elite
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Well since i saw that other thread open about the missing loot etc........ I was wondering about the support case i opened up for this unl Amp it seemed to pop up in my inventory... and amazinly I took a photo of it cause of a hof i had gotten.....

that is the picture in question..
Yes it is 86% loading up but I have never been able to duplicate the items loading without a L if it was Limited

anyways here is the support.

I was wonderin if you could look around 07-05-2011 If I Tted a unl amp ...? i am just wondering if you can look at your logs back then to see.
2011-07-15 04:08 You wrote:

can you check 06/05/2011 08/05/2011
If i TTed a unl amp? please?
2011-07-15 04:17 You wrote:

It would of been 07-05-2011 when i tted them It should of been 111 x level 7 amps at 0 tt... Did i have another amp in there that was unl? And if so I will pay 1000ped to get it back.
2011-07-15 04:53 You wrote:

opps i meant 07 04-05-06 2011
i didn't mean month 05 i meant 07 for the month... Sorry about this i am just kinda jittery tryin to figure this out.
thanks for keeping up with me
but on june 5th 2011 i should of tted 111 x level 7 Limited 0ped TT to the tt and wondering if i had a UNL amp in there that i TTed and if so i would like to pay the fee to get back
Please don't waste your time lookin at any other month but june. thanks.
2011-07-15 04:57 You wrote:

omg I meant JULY!!!!!!!! 07-05-2011..... I am so sorry
2011-07-15 15:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. We have verified our log files from 2011-07-01 to 2011-07-08 and we found that you sold 11 x Level 7 Finder Amplifier (L), 28 x Level 5 Finder Amplifier (L) and that you did not sold any unlimited amplifier.

We hope you find this information useful.

Kind regards,
George | Planet Calypso Support

2011-07-15 17:20 You wrote:

Hmmm July 5th 2011 i should of TTed alone 111 level 7 (L) amps.... can you check just that date? because i have a Picture not sure why it loaded this way but It looks like it is a UNL amp as the L loads up with all other amps... when it is L.
But it should be 111 X Level 7 (L) amps on July 5th or July 4Th 2011. Can you just check those days?
cause only 11x level 7 makes no sense to me since i did drop 111 X level 7 between 4th/5th july.
Also https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=271463

if you look at that picture you can of the said amp i am speaking of.
The date To look at is July 4th-5th 2011 There should of been 111x Level 7 (L) amps TTed and perhaps a unl one? can you please double check again. Cause only 11 level 7 (L) amps and 28 Level 5 (L) doesn't make sense.
2011-07-15 19:46 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Sorry for the typo mistake, you sold 111 x Level 7 Finder Amplifier (L) with a value of 0 PED between July 4th and 5th. However as we mentioned before we did not found any log showing that you had sold or used a unlimited finder amplifier on July.

Kind regards,
2011-07-16 00:06 You wrote:

hmmmm
So When i recieved that ooto All i recieved was 1.92ped of angel scales?
Can you please check the out of the ordinary i recieved on july 4th/5th
thanks...
2011-07-16 00:33 You wrote:

The reason i am really wondering about this is cause i have taken nearly 1000+ pictures from me hofing/globaling and i have never seen a amp pop up in my inventory with out a L symbol but this picture seems to have a Amp without a L symbol so that is why i am getting you to check. i can send picture to you so you can see... so just wondering what came with the out of the ordinary.
2011-07-23 14:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your patience. We have verified our log files and found no record indicating that you loot or sold an unlimited amp to the TT on July 4th/5th, we believe that this was just a visual glitch.

Thank you again for your patience and participation in Planet Calypso!

Kind regards,
2011-07-28 18:47 You wrote:

only thing that gets me is that this picture... I keep trying to repeat this 'visual glitch' and can't seem to do it again.. I just wish i knew for sure that it wasn't a unl amp cause all the L amps pop up with the L symbol and this one didn't.... Cause the L is not separate from the picture of the amp.... that is my concern... not sure what else you could do for me i guess. Just this picture really throws me off and makes me wish i wasn't so tired when tting all those amps.
2011-08-05 03:26 You wrote:

Can i ask you guys What i received in the out of ordinary on july4th/5th?
2011-08-10 22:31 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report. As you can notice in the Inventory window of the screen shot that you sent us, the items were not fully uploaded when the screen shot was taken. Please rest assured that we have verified our log files and we did not find any logs indicating that your avatar looted or sold an unlimited amplifier from any level.

Kind regards,
2011-08-23 02:35 You wrote:

My question to you is Isn't the L on the Limited amps isn't that part of the picture? so when it is loaded up wouldn't the L load with it?
or are you saying they are separated?
2011-08-23 22:20 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have been informed that the text parameters are in a different layer than the images, this means that the inventory icons need to load the images and the text parameters for each item every time it is displayed.

Kind regards,
2011-09-19 08:12 You wrote:

can i ask if it is possible for you to answer what i looted in the something out of the ordinary that day?
2011-09-19 08:15 You wrote:

Also i have tried to repeat the same scenerio over and over again to produce the image to not show a L but it seems not to work always same thing happens L loads with the item.
2011-09-30 16:36 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

As we mentioned before you did not looted or sold an unlimited amplifier, when you found the Angel Scales you also found 4.25 PED of Gazzurdite Stone.

Kind regards,

After that i got Tired of this support and had to close it really. was getting no real answers or anything...
but my question to the public is Would they lie to me?
or 14% of loadin inventory would make that much of a difference on L items?

Cause i have tried numerous times to Do the exact same effect and not able to ever GET a item that isn't L not to load up with out the L there.

what are your thoughts.

by lying i mean that the system 'never' saw it.
kinda what i meant thus they are part of the system = they have lied in some sense... that the system doesn't log everything correctly?

Last edited:
1) Why would they lie about this?
2) Do you not have a screenshot with the OotO loot window? There should be one and you would had noticed getting it... right?
3) Sometimes L items display without the L in desktop icons, maybe the same bug may happen in inventory as well?

So just wondering .... if you said you tt'd 111 amps and support said you tt'd 111 amps and none were UL ..... if you did tt a UL with the (L)one's, wouldn't support say you tt'd 112 amps? Not saying your or them are right just a question.

-Bemo-

After that i got Tired of this support and had to close it really. was getting no real answers or anything...

It looks to me that you got the real answer that they checked the logs and there was no tt'd unl amp, like 4 or 5 times. I don't know how much more clear they can be.

There is no way to know if they are lying, there is nothing else you can do really. You can't really prove they are lying or mistaken with that screenshot.

well if you see there support screws up relying information of what happen... they say 11 amps sold etc.
I am just curious on your guys opinion there is nothing i can do now. I was tired and i usually check All ooto i find but at the point i was just burnt out.

but I only brough this up from that other thread about how they have missing ped from a 'hof' they got.

It's a graphical error, I have had the L missing but hovering the mouse over it makes the L appear again.

This happens usually when there is lag or storage / inventory can't load properly. Also, if you find an ul amp, you usually don't get any angel scales with it, just the amp...

well if you see there support screws up relying information of what happen... they say 11 amps sold etc.
I am just curious on your guys opinion there is nothing i can do now. I was tired and i usually check All ooto i find but at the point i was just burnt out.

but I only brough this up from that other thread about how they have missing ped from a 'hof' they got.

It's pretty easy to type 11 instead of 111.

I'm nearly certain I've had limited items NOT show the (L) icon before. I don't have any pics handy, but I'm pretty sure its happened a few times.

With Entropia hitting the windows 2GB client memory limit I've had all kinds of weird graphical errors when that it gets close to the limit.

well thanks for your opinions :)
and i have 4 gig memory 64bit windows duo core 2

I think in this case you've to believe whatever they are saying..
You don't have any good evidence ..... in support of an UL amp.

In all probability it's a lag issue while loading!

well thanks for your opinions :)
and i have 4 gig memory 64bit windows duo core 2

It doesnt matter, 32 bit processes on ALL windows operating systems have a 2 gigabyte user memory limit(per process).

I should add a footnote that it is possible to change this via a registry setting to 3GB but it will very likely make your system unstable if you do.

This includes 64 bit windows 7, any 32bit process will still have a 2 gig limit.

And you dont even get 2GB, as a program runs its memory space will became fragmented, depending how memory is allocated by the program, you will likely run into the limit at more like 1.8GB if there are lots of memory allocs/deallocs. Not talking about hard drive fragmentation. Program user memory space becomes fragmented as well, but this is a per process issue, and every time the program is loaded it has a clean slate. Its only an issue when you start reaching the 2GB limit as well, unless you are trying to do alloc very large memory chunks that is.

Last edited:
As show on picture your inventory still loading information... 82% load so far.

From my point of view would not be fair to draw any conclusion based only on that picture.

It doesnt matter, 32 bit processes on ALL windows operating systems have a 2 gigabyte user memory limit(per process).

I should add a footnote that it is possible to change this via a registry setting to 3GB but it will very likely make your system unstable if you do.

This includes 64 bit windows 7, any 32bit process will still have a 2 gig limit.

And you dont even get 2GB, as a program runs its memory space will became fragmented, depending how memory is allocated by the program, you will likely run into the limit at more like 1.8GB if there are lots of memory allocs/deallocs. Not talking about hard drive fragmentation. Program user memory space becomes fragmented as well, but this is a per process issue, and every time the program is loaded it has a clean slate. Its only an issue when you start reaching the 2GB limit as well, unless you are trying to do alloc very large memory chunks that is.

Hm, on 64 bit systems with plenty of RAM, the allocation functions will be served with fresh chuncks of RAM as long as they are available.

In all honesty... in your situation, MA would have no reason to lie. If the system determined that there was a need for another UL amp and you happened to be the one to loot it.... MA wouldn't care. They are ONLY responsible for the TT value. Dropping a VERY VERY rare UL amp once a year doesn't affect their bottom line at all. I think that if you looted one and TT'd it... they'd be better off letting you know so you could pay the 1k + PED to get it back.

Menace

what are your thoughts.

Sorry, Strash. My thoughts: with each your attempt to push that crap again, again and again - you just losing respect. Need you that respect or not - it's another question.

Several people, me and others, also support - explained to you this stuff in DETAILS.

Wanna test it? Run FRAPS, get shitloads of amps in inventory, start record it, and open inventory. Then just load resulting video in some videoeditor like VirtualDUB, and just watch it step-by-step.

push what crap?
lol i am just asking your opinion... if you think it's crap i guess it's crap.
As i said i saw that other thread...... and giving my best example to relate to the situation.
asking the community if they would lie or not about this...
but thanks for sharing :)

push what crap?

That "problem" with that picture already in 4 threads minimum. And with "Would MA Lie". I repeat - easily reproduced with FRAPS. Power of your PC means nothing, since loading your inventory is constant network communication - what item, is it "L" or "UL" or "C", drawing TT bar, stackables, or not, how much if it is, etc.

You can have best gear ever, but you have network lags - and that gear will not help you in loading speed. So "catch" that moment is a piece of cake.

Hm, on 64 bit systems with plenty of RAM, the allocation functions will be served with fresh chuncks of RAM as long as they are available.

Getting a bit off topic, but it doesn't work like that. There is a difference between physical memory, and address space. Each process has its own address space. For a 32 bit process the address space is 4GB, for a 64 bit process the address space is 16EB(exa-byte).

On windows the 32bit address space is split into 2GB for the system which is shared among all processes. Any memory address in this range is the same for all programs running. And 2GB user memory space, which is unique to each 32bit process.

Each process has its only allocation table for memory within its unique address space. As chunks of memory are allocated the space does became fragmented. Generally its not even worth worrying about. But when you start hitting the limits of the address space memory fragmentation does play a role. As another aside all memory allocations within an application's user address space also carry an overhead. If there are lots of large allocations this overhead is small but fragmentation becomes an issue. If the allocations are small the overhead becomes larger, but the fragmentation issue becomes smaller. A program can choose to allocate large chunks of memory at one time and then manage the memory itself, in this case if there are a lot of regular sized memory allocs being done, you can get around the whole fragmentation issue. But if you have a lot of irregular sized allocs, it can be hard or impractical.

Note I'm talking about address space. Not physical ram. On any modern OS the processes don't care what your physical ram is. All memory addresses are virtual anyway and only loaded into physical ram as needed, or as it becomes available. You can have 100 gigs or 1 gig, you can have a 32 bit or a 64 bit windows os, and you will still be limited to a 2GB/process memory limit for all 32 bit processes in windows(Entropia is a 32 bit process).

Not sure my real life experience is all Crap but ok.

I was just sharing this experience with the examples i thought belonged or related too... please don't shoot me in the face.... And if you say this L hasn't loaded for you guys it helps my mind become more calm into this situation. and realize that ok then was a visual glich as i suspected at the start.

But AGAIN seeing that other thread where support said didn't SEE a HOF the size of 26k or so whtever it was made me feel to open this thread and see the community thoughts.

I am not sure why i am gettin the Hate but i guess that is the reality i live in..... I guess i can't live in Sunshine, rainbows, and lollypops .lol

anyways rip on me as you please.....

It is a visual bug for sure, it has happened to me a couple of times that the "L" dosnt show on the item in inventory :).

Best regards
Zweshi

Had the visual bug myself a few times aswell, so the screenshot doesn't say anything at all. So basicly it's you're word against MA's word/logs.

(though i have to admin that thread about the 26k hof made me rethink my opinion about this matter but still, you have no proof at all)

No, I don't think they would lie out right.

Is it possible their system at the time didn't record the loot? Yes, but the support people and others wouldn't be 'lying' about not seeing something that isn't there.

Is it possible there was a graphical glitch on the amp? Yes, but would seem odd since the others all show the L on them.

Is it possible you photo shopped the picture? Yes, not saying you did, just putting out all possiblities.

Would they lie to keep you from having looted an unlimited amp and they HAD found it in their logs? NO! NO! and NO!

Wow my mistake for asking what the community thought about this situation after seeing that other thread...

;)

but i can see most of you don't like me...
Maybe i should setup a poll to see who hates me
would go like this.
DO you hate strash.
No, he whines to much
No, I love him
No, depends how much i drink
No, best thing i have ever run into...

i wonder how would vote :D
hahahah

I'll also add, usually when you loot a new item it is stuck up at the top of your inventory, not in the middle or at the bottom.

yes i thought about that also but. if i grab amps to replace on my finder the 'load' usually just replaces it randomly..
and it woulda been probably 300 drops later that photo was taken...

Not sure my real life experience is all Crap but ok.

I was just sharing this experience with the examples i thought belonged or related too... please don't shoot me in the face.... And if you say this L hasn't loaded for you guys it helps my mind become more calm into this situation. and realize that ok then was a visual glich as i suspected at the start.

But AGAIN seeing that other thread where support said didn't SEE a HOF the size of 26k or so whtever it was made me feel to open this thread and see the community thoughts.

I am not sure why i am gettin the Hate but i guess that is the reality i live in..... I guess i can't live in Sunshine, rainbows, and lollypops .lol

anyways rip on me as you please.....

Ai strash strash...
You should learn how is this forum when both os us got lock few months ago when this forum talk to much BS specially the kids...
Soon you will hit your unl amp to trow on face of this people....

Back