FYI: Sn0wst0rmz OFFICIAL noob mining log

Sn0wst0rm

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Mr Sn0wst0rmz X
Hi peeps, figured rather than just spam my other thread with log type posts that I would start my own noob mining log and make it official.
I intend to just give a basic run down of spenditure and returns and throw in the odd global details.

All the other loggers seem to be higher ped cyclers so this is one is based on normal working class spenditure (as and when money allows and lower ped cycles compaired with the others)

Been mining a while and you may have seen the globals or hofs that I've had which don't alter the course of losses I've experienced and rather than take out frustrations on trader I'll be constructive by posting my endevours here.

FYI.. Joined in 2010 and have never had a SOOTO and my one and only 1000+ drop was this:

ATH_4-3-2012_17-58pm.jpg

4th March 2012 ... which was hastely taken back with 50% losses lol.

Okay obviously First run of this was a couple of days ago and basically returned just short of the 800ped spent using level 2 light amps so about 99% return.

Run 2 just completed from yesterday *sigh* lol

Costs

Tool repairs 18 ped
4x LEVEL 3 amps 504
Dual dropped probes:342 ped

Total ped spent: 864

Returns

XIII Abundant Crude oil - 53 ped Global (Second drop and this popped!)
XIV Great Crude oil - 87 ped Global (Was quite soon after the first global!)
XV Substantial Lysterium - 148 ped Global

Nothing else noteable.

PED return with MU = 787.54 (markup was 32ped)

91% Return / 9% loss (-76.46 ped)

Not sure those ores and matter were what I really wanted MU wise but it was nice to get three globals which were decent sized compaired to the ones I were getting from Level 7 amps. And not bad to say this is the first time I've used Level 3's.

Found a nice spot for ore that has 140 mu but sadly didn't get alot of it lol. Only hinderence was the high level mobs which were in the hundreds so I have to ninja my way through the "few" empty spots.

PS. Maybe the advice someone gave me of using low level amps is they key becuase returns have been normal the last couple of runs so lets see if the trend of 50-60% is over!.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi peeps, figured rather than just spam my other thread with log type posts that I would start my own noob mining log and make it official.
I intend to just give a basic run down of spenditure and returns and throw in the odd global details.

All the other loggers seem to be higher ped cyclers so this is one is based on normal working class spenditure (as and when money allows and lower ped cycles compaired with the others)

Been mining a while and you may have seen the globals or hofs that I've had which don't alter the course of losses I've experienced and rather than take out frustrations on trader I'll be constructive by posting my endevours here.

FYI.. Joined in 2010 and have never had a SOOTO and my one and only 1000+ drop was this:

ATH_4-3-2012_17-58pm.jpg

4th March 2012 ... which was hastely taken back with 50% losses lol.

OMG, so u had an uber claim few days back and from that time you are non stop whinning here how bad MA (and loot) is?

Gl with ur log, btw ur tracker tells me there´s at least another one over 1k, 1.100 PED Duru 17. March 2012 :)

Gl with ur log, btw ur tracker tells me there´s at least another one over 1k, 1.100 PED Duru 17. March 2012 :)

Yes I've had a 900 ped oil 1100ped duru and a 3.5k blaus since I started playing in 2010..... thats about it. I've spent alot of £'s in that time.

@ Matho... too right I moaned 50% - 60% returns per run sucks. That ped was absorbed by the game in no time at all.

Can you link the tracker please ?

Last edited:

Thanks, I did regiter on that site but it never gave me my stats or any other function and then it didn't recognise my email.

Just re-registered and yeah.. my stats are pretty bleak :).

Run 3 coming up in approx 4.5hrs :p

Run 3:

Costs
4x LvL 3 Amps = 512 ped
6840x probes (228 dual drops) = 342 ped
Repairs = 21.82

Total ped spent = 875.82 ped

Returns

1x Large Oil (would have been a 50ped global if not for tax lol)
3x Considerable Oil, Narc and Belkar
6x VII
Nothing else of note as the rest were III, IV, V & VI

569.39 of which 158ped was Narc + 8.08 for tt'ing used amps.

Total Return Inc MU = 632.71

72% Return / 28% loss (-243.11 Ped)

First good Narc run for this noob :p, starting explore the huge planet more now and finding nice stuff including a sprinkle of Kirst or w/e its called. Seen a few more spots where the scenery is stunning and was thinking to myself, why in PVP area can't we buy small outpust structures & automated weapons to deploy our very own tiny outposts without actually owning the land but still pay upkeep for power to run defensive turrets and what not.
Also thought how I would love to be able to buy underwater mining tools.. just for the hell of mining totally unmined grid points :p. Mining underwater justs interests me :).

Last edited:
Run 4:

Costs
4x LvL 3 Amps = 504 ped
6720x probes (224 dual drops) = 336 ped
Repairs = 22.36
Enhancer top up = 65

Total ped spent = 927.36 ped

Returns

XI Sizable Niksarium
X Considerable Niksarium x2
X Considerable Belkar
X Considerable Oil

Nothing else of note, mainly poors with the odd average 7 sprinkled in!

Return tt value = 545.84 ped
Total return inc MU = 605.96 ped

65% return / 35% loss (-321.40 ped) Downward trend i feel!.. CRAP :)

Oil claims were plentifull but tedious and ruined this run. Sick of the site of it now lol ::p

Last edited:
Will chuck in the total loss / win count from the second run (first run just about broke even)

Total Ped Loss / Win as of run 4:

Run 5:

Costs

3x LvL 5 Amps = 657 ped
4500x probes (150 dual drops) = 225 ped
Repairs = 20.90

Total ped spent = 902.90 ped

Returns

IX Ample Terrudite x1
XI Sizable Oil x3
XII Large Blaus x1
XIV Great Caldorite 96ped Global

Nothing else of note. NO MORE OIL PLEASE!

Total return inc MU = 680.92 ped

75% return / 25% loss (-221.98 ped)

Total ped Loss / Win as of the end of run 5: -862.95

Bed time after all those hours of dropping and too much crap ^.^ I must be crazy :eyecrazy:

Run 6:

Costs

3x LvL 5 Amps = 657 ped
4410x probes (147 dual drops) = 220.5 ped
Repairs = 20.59

Total ped spent = 898.09 ped

Returns

XIV Great oil - 82 ped Global
XIV Great oil - 89 ped Global
Then pretty much VIII VII V and IV's until the last few drops and...
XV Substantial Belkar - 146 Ped Global

Nothing else of note. Do one with the oil..seriously!

Total return inc MU = 765.81 ped

85% return / 15% loss (-132.28 ped)

Total ped Loss / Win as of the end of run 6: -995.23 Ped

Defo doing a 100% pure Ore run next coz all the oil drops im getting recently are peeving me off. Rather have Lysterium because it melts down better and doesn't kill your refiners as much :p

Laters!

Last edited:
Run 7:

Costs

3x LvL 5 Amps = 657 ped
5880x probes (294 ORE only drops) = 294 ped
Repairs = 20.08

Total ped spent = 973.08 ped

Returns

XII Large Niksarium x2
XII Azzurdite x 1

Nothing else was above VIII and others were VII V & IV

Total return inc MU = 691.74 ped

71% return / 29% loss (-281.34 ped)

Total ped Loss / Win as of the end of run 7: -1276.57 Ped

Bobbins. 7 consecutive losses to add to the many many others I've had. May not seem much but the -££££ are adding up with the deposits :p

*Sad Face* :)

Last edited:
Run 8:

Costs

3x LvL 5 Amps = 657 ped
Repairs = 14.14

Total ped spent = 965.14 ped

Returns

IX Ample Azzurdite
XII Large Belkar x3
XII Large Azzurdite x1
XIV Great Azzurdite x1 (98 Ped Global)
XIV Great Frigulite x1 (97 Ped Global)

Nice 2 globals many hours into run. Nothing else of note!

Total return inc MU = 964.50 ped

99% return / 1% loss (-0.64 ped)

Total ped Loss / Win as of the end of run 8: -1277.21 Ped

Not quite sure why but that run seemed to take me over 6 hrs and there wasn't many mobs to dodge, though a few were a pain in the jackside. Those 2 semi decent globals came very late in the run. Apart from that, the run was *YAWN* material.....still waiting for my first SOOTO as of 25-MAR-2012 :)

PS. Signature now contains the log in Spreadsheet format. Roll on run 9 :p

Last edited:
Run 9:

Costs

3x LvL 5 Amps = 657 ped
Repairs = 49.39

Total ped spent = 1000.39 ped

Returns

IX Ample Caldorite x3
IX Ample Dianum x1
IX Ample Lysterium x2
X Considerable Dianum x1
X Considerable Gazzurdite x1
XII Large Caldorite x2
XII Large Iron x1
XIII Abundant Dianum (50 Ped Global)
XIII Abundant Lysterium (57 Ped Global)
XIII Abundant Gazzurdite (58 Ped Global)

The above isn't just the claims of note it represents the only hits I Got. 14 FCKIN hits/claims from 294 drops BULLS**T.............

Total return inc MU = 486.71 ped

48% return / 52% loss (-513.68 ped)

Total ped Loss / Win as of the end of run 9: -1790.89 Ped

Not sure what to say .... 4.5% hit rate? WTF and to think I just depo'd again during the run. Forget your SOOTO MA I want the biggest god damn tower possible!! :eyecrazy:

1. Avoid taxes
2. Avoids Amps except you get the for TT
3. Avoid low markup stuff (more than 3 runs filled with OIL...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU)

1. How ? I mine in 0 Tax areas
2. Amps are as close to tt price as I can get them and no way am I doing 900ped unamped runs when it takes 5-7 hours to do 300 drops.
3. Thats why I've been trying Ore only runs..... since then I mainly get Niks and Gazz and very very little Lysterium!

Doesn't matter where I mine I still get Niks Gazz Caldorite and a few other with half decent MU. And I only sell to the best offers.

But it still doesn't add up!.

1x Large Oil (would have been a 50ped global if not for tax lol)
2. Then don't. Looking at my average markup I personally won't buy any amps since 110% will surely kill me and even 105% is pretty much hard
3. It does matter where you mine. Find a nice spot with a good average MU and keep the ressources until the auction price is right. There is no sense in selling Caldo at 108% when it's 115% 1 week after...

The point is oyu have to know what you are doing and although 100% of the players do claim and believe they do in fact it's a rather smaller percentage.

your last run (run 9) is on FOMA, right?

294 drops can get no hits up there if you are unlucky, and normally, the 4.5% hit rate sounds about right.

so dont whine about the lose if you chose to mine on FOMA.

anyway, gl with your run.

Yes, 4-5% is about right if you were on FOMA.

Now who or what is T.Hunter?
:scratch2:
EDIT: Ahhh, Treasure Hunter, got it :)

Well, this blog should be shown to any starting miner as a perfect example what bad mining means and where it can get you :lolup:

On FOMA you need turnover in hundreds of amps to generate something reasonable, if you can't handle it, then don't mine there! Period. Or learn the hard way and don't bitch and whine.

Well, this blog should be shown to any starting miner as a perfect example what bad mining means and where it can get you :lolup:

Funny how some of these posts come from players who've had major loots.

My mining techniqe is not at fault here but I will do a few unamped runs to prove the log wont change. And for the flippin record FOMA was a one off.. a bit of a change. You keep saying mine in areas with high MU stuff but you can only mine what the feckin system gives you. As you know most stuff can be mined in most areas!.

I can go to an area with 99% Niks 1% lyst and I will still end up with a fair share of Lyst. As it happens most of the runs loots were Magority Niks ore!!!!!!

Run 10 coming up this evening... NO AMPS and NO ENHANCERS just me and the finder in a magority Niksarium area (again!!!)

And just how do you think we got those major loots? Lucky avatars wahh wahh wahh? Deposited shitload of peds to buy hofs wahhh?

Trial and fucking error, thats how. Many expensive runs behind me, many mapping runs in unknown areas, not even hoping to get something specific back, many failed attempts to "force" a big one, shitstreaks that last for months, and yes, 100 amp failures on FOMA

The most important lesson to learn from this is - do not for one second think that you deserve something, or this game owes you something.

So STFU and go mine. Your big ones will drop, if you stick to it, and learn from your mistakes.

Funny how some of these posts come from players who've had major loots.

My mining techniqe is not at fault here but I will do a few unamped runs to prove the log wont change. And for the flippin record FOMA was a one off.. a bit of a change. You keep saying mine in areas with high MU stuff but you can only mine what the feckin system gives you. As you know most stuff can be mined in most areas!.

I can go to an area with 99% Niks 1% lyst and I will still end up with a fair share of Lyst. As it happens most of the runs loots were Magority Niks ore!!!!!!

Run 10 coming up this evening... NO AMPS and NO ENHANCERS just me and the finder in a magority Niksarium area (again!!!)

And just how do you think we got those major loots? Lucky avatars wahh wahh wahh? Deposited shitload of peds to buy hofs wahhh?

Trial and fucking error, thats how. Many expensive runs behind me, many mapping runs in unknown areas, not even hoping to get something specific back, many failed attempts to "force" a big one, shitstreaks that last for months, and yes, 100 amp failures on FOMA

The most important lesson to learn from this is - do not for one second think that you deserve something, or this game owes you something.

So STFU and go mine. Your big ones will drop, if you stick to it, and learn from your mistakes.

TRIAL AND ERROR ...... like you figured out the system and it always works for you. Sorry but either you work for MA or are talking rubbish.

If all you guys with "big loots" know how to mine... then how come you don't keep getting 20k hofs on a regular basis ?

I'll tell you why, because you got lucky PERIOD.

Back