Will you pick the Attribute token option in Iron missions after the rebalance?

Will you pick the Attribute token award option at the expense of skill for Iron Challenge mission re

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Iron missions are being rebalanced soon, and will now give options for rewards. Those who complete stages of the mission will be able to choose a skill, or a much smaller amount of the same skill and Attribute tokens.

How many players will take the Attribute token option with the reduced skill over the larger amount of skill?

It's a nerf not a rebalance :wise:

Looking at how many skills I loose if I will choose any attribute reward, I will never get them! :mad:

It's not like attributes are that valuable anyway.

I'll pick whatever gives me the biggest profession increase, regardless what it is. In effect this will most likely be the skills.

for me it depends on

a) which skills that I could get
b) which attribute the tokens are for

if its example LWT skills..I will most likely be choosing the attribute tokens
if its evade/first aid I would probably choose the skills

if the attribute tokens are for psyche I will most likely be choosing the skills instead
if its intelligence or agility I will go for the attribute tokens

and last but not least it will of course depend on: CAN I GET 100 Tokens for this attribute anytime soon?! If not I will not take them.

The only tokens for an attribute i will always take are the stamina tokens.

The rest of the attributes are skillable (although it can take a long time) and if i take them will depend on what the difference in skills that i can get with or without them will contribute to my key professions and HP.

So the choice has not gotten easier. But with that the rewards are now clearly defined it is easier to make an educated decision.

Cheers
Siam

for me it depends on

a) which skills that I could get
b) which attribute the tokens are for

if its example LWT skills..I will most likely be choosing the attribute tokens
if its evade/first aid I would probably choose the skills

if the attribute tokens are for psyche I will most likely be choosing the skills instead
if its intelligence or agility I will go for the attribute tokens

and last but not least it will of course depend on: CAN I GET 100 Tokens for this attribute anytime soon?! If not I will not take them.

I agree with LeeLoo, there are so many variables/options now that what reward is chosen will depend on a lot of factors... I did not vote because your poll is too black and white and the new reward options give us a vast grey area.

No because:
- I have twice or more attribute points than in VU9. In that time I was able to outrun most mobs I hunted. Nowadays I can't even escape a Foul young.
- I can carry 350 Kg without slow down, and anyway Ammo height is now zero.

IMO attributes have less value than Blazar Fragments as these ones can be sold. At least skills still have a small MU.

I think I will pick up most of stamina and agility tokens. The other 3 attributes are pretty useless for me. But if the skill reward is something like evade, first aid etc... valuable skills, I think I would just pick skill up then, at least I can feel abit of difference when skill increased rather than just bregging right. Also I have no chance to breg much anyway because I stand no chance to catch those old ubers.

Question

Attribute tokens can be sell n buy or not :scratch2:

The problem is gonna be if you get 50 Agility tokens and have already done the other agility missions, what do you do with those 50? I think they should be allowed to be traded!

I only care for intelligence attributes, those i would always take.
All other attributes i might consider if the skill reward can be of benefit to my space activities or not.

Well, I look set to be 1-2 agil points short of 100 come the 9th. Having heard that it's impossible to skill from the high 90's to 100, the chances are that I will reluctantly take a very few attribute tokens, tbh

I am hesitating to check "I will take a few tokens", because I really think they are bad value. When I started collecting attribute points from missions, I had to sacrifice no skills at all to get them. whilst I agree that availability needs to be limited (to be fair to other planets) I think that's how it should stay.

jay :)

Last edited:
your missing the option: i will not be specifically doing any of the new style missions on calypso.

how many of the caly mobs are really worth hunting that have a mission? maybe 2 or 3?
the only peds i have spent on calypso in the past 3 months hunting was during events or to pick up some attributes before the nerf, and a little mining while bored waiting because of the auction limit.
due to the changes MA made 90% + of all my turnover now happens on other planets.

p.s. its not a rebalancing, even staff are publicly calling it a severe nerf :p

What if I don't want to take any attribute or skill rewards?

your missing the option: i will not be specifically doing any of the new style missions on calypso.

how many of the caly mobs are really worth hunting that have a mission? maybe 2 or 3?
the only peds i have spent on calypso in the past 3 months hunting was during events or to pick up some attributes before the nerf, and a little mining while bored waiting because of the auction limit.
due to the changes MA made 90% + of all my turnover now happens on other planets.

p.s. its not a rebalancing, even staff are publicly calling it a severe nerf :p

What he/she said!!!!

The problem is gonna be if you get 50 Agility tokens and have already done the other agility missions, what do you do with those 50? I think they should be allowed to be traded!

dont take them or hope that someday a new mission will pop up that rewards with 50 agi tokens.. :tongue2:

What if I don't want to take any attribute or skill rewards?

dont do Iron Missions :silly2:

I've not examined each mission reward in detail, but generally it looks like the attribute option is a poor choice from a utility point of view. So probably won't take any, although like jaywalker I will be about 1.75 Agi short of 100 when the rehaul happens so I might be tempted to grab a few agility tokens some day to hit the nice landmark.

Kwabilovs ftw!

The only tokens for an attribute i will always take are the stamina tokens.

Same here. Also not many 10K missions that don't give stamina tokens are worth doing skills wise.

The skills rewards have mostly dropped and on top of that they want you to pay for attribute rewards, so I'm really turned off and probably won't do any more missions unless it's a mob I want to hunt anyway. This is from someone who has finished 329 missions on Calypso...

if it means I lose skill because of it, then the answer is no.

No more missions for me...
I have only taking 327 on Calypso.most work harder before 9 th October.:)

The problem is gonna be if you get 50 Agility tokens and have already done the other agility missions, what do you do with those 50?

Turn them in? Keep in mind that nothing has been said on the amount of tokens you need to turn in each time... only that you need 100 tokens for 1 point.

You assume they will only allow you to turn in 100 at a time, but they might just as well accept them one-by-one, or in stacks of 5 or 10...

I think they should be allowed to be traded!

Absolutely not, in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, and about the attributes-vs-skills...

Psyche - Yes, always.
Stamina - Yes, always.
Agility - Most of the time, unless the skill reward is really good.
Intelligence - Depends on the skill reward.
Strength - Depends on the skill reward.

I'll still take the skill rewards, to boost my evader proffession.

I'll always pick whatever gives me the greatest profit once broken down, or chipped out and sold for PED.

Attributes aren't that great in the end when you have no PED to use them.

For me it'll depend on what the skill option is, and how much of it i guess. I haven't even looked at the info on the changes, but I'm assuming you gather attribute tokens and cash them in for the attribute points.

I should add i love the missions before and I have no problem with the changes.

For me it'll depend on what the skill option is, and how much of it i guess. I haven't even looked at the info on the changes, but I'm assuming you gather attribute tokens and cash them in for the attribute points.

I should add i love the missions before and I have no problem with the changes.

I fail to see how you can express an opinion, given what you said :scratch2:

jay :)

Where is the attribute token broker?

Status
Back