FYI: Cyrene PVP TEN Event

nono, not cheating as such

its well within the rules, thats why it would work so well :)

unless this is closely monitored, e.g. who killed whom when
like in that example, if person A basically has kills of B and C every minute, it looks a bit fishy
especially if 20 other ppl stand around with 0 kills :p

but if person A kills all 20 in a row while they simply rotate in guarding it would be harder to track already

all in all, gonna be a team to win

either way a great event and alot of fun.... and really it's kill or be killed for that ped... put on the same level and equal, but skill sets everyone apart.

great event and highly recommend people try it before they knock it. :)

you never know you might be a ace in the end.

Good luck to all that compete. With my ping and speed I could not compete

Last edited:
Victims can now outrun attackers in the HuB due to double speed gains when you heal ONLY. Had a runner on a test today and lemme tell you its a bitch to get aim on a steroid induced jack rabbit through that maze. Cyrene will defo be interesting......

Why does Cyrene even get a TEN event? This planet is incomplete is so many ways and probably hasn't even attracted TEN new players to Entropia. :scratch2:

High costs to participate in the event and team exploits to win :scratch2:

there won't be teams...

i think this is seriously a awesome event ... everyone equal and human skill is important...

so the link now takes you to an error page that says the thread can not be found, i looked all over the cyrene forum for the thread and its gone, soooo is the TEN even canceled? or what?

Quoting Lykke from the Cyrene forum:

Hi folks - we're very sorry that you have experienced some instability the last days. We have been working on finding the problem - which is obviously server-related. We will try and move the forum to a different server tonight and hope this will help. Until then I will keep an eye and re-boot the servers as soon as I see it falls off again.

Sorry for the inconvenience until then :oops: (edit: the oops smiley is apparently different here)

____
So that will be why the old link etc are unavailable. I didn't try searching further than finding Lykke's message....

I tried the hub in early days, noticed then if you weren't the 1st month in and had some sort of team behind you. You died a lot. Not to mention your behind the pace of tearing items to PvP with. Are tiered items allowed or all TT? Even then players were cheating being able to add plates and stuff, pretty sure that been fixed now. I went to Cyrene for the Hub but was disappointed as a PvPer. I loved the concept but making things equal means making things equal not who pays the most can get greater rewards I already did that with my skills and weapons once. This system just makes me do it again but back to equal to all who I passed years ago. I just don't get it I guess. Also not a member of Cyrene forums due to it so someone like me has no clue what the rules are reading from this forum. Want to attract business make it world friendly on every forum you post in.

so the link now takes you to an error page that says the thread can not be found, i looked all over the cyrene forum for the thread and its gone, soooo is the TEN even canceled? or what?

They seem to be having trouble with the Cyrene forum. - have update 1st post with new link.

I don't understand, it says skills for all players will be equal in the hub, but my skills are different than some other players in there. For example I can only make 30 shots per min on a weapon that does 67 max per min, but there are players in there that have maxed that weapon!!!
Anyone else experienced this?

I don't understand, it says skills for all players will be equal in the hub, but my skills are different than some other players in there. For example I can only make 30 shots per min on a weapon that does 67 max per min, but there are players in there that have maxed that weapon!!!

Skills and HP might be the same, but the players that been PKing there tiered up their gear. They are better armed, faped and protected from anyone new to HUB. You could spend a couple of weeks in there as a str8 noob and defeat best PKers in game new to HUB just because you had time to tier.

Health is the same , but I assume you still need a certain level to actually max the gear used there...

Health is the same , but I assume you still need a certain level to actually max the gear used there...

nope once entering an arena your hp gets temporarily changed to 110 even if you have 80 or 330, also skills are temporarily altered to just over the hub tt weapons max requirements. every one is equal, except for those that lag they are less equal unless they themselves dont actually see the lag everyone else sees then they are more equal.

also i have not heard of or seen any tier hofs from hub equipment, im not even sure you can place enhancers on theoretically tiered hub equipment, just know that you can not place amps on your weapons and can not place plates on your armor in the hub.

I'm not sure if anyone has shot enough to get one to tier 0.9.

As this uses the same 10% decay/ammo usage as the fort events, it also has the same enhancer system. When the forts were first introduced they had the same tier rate as outside, and as a consequence they had the same enhancer use rate as the outside. People complained and MA changed the enhancer use rate to also be 10%, and as a consequence of that tier gain rate is also 10% of the outside.

If someone has gotten a weapon to tier 1, they have done an absolute asston of shooting :eyecrazy:

I'm not sure if anyone has shot enough to get one to tier 0.9.

As this uses the same 10% decay/ammo usage as the fort events, it also has the same enhancer system. When the forts were first introduced they had the same tier rate as outside, and as a consequence they had the same enhancer use rate as the outside. People complained and MA changed the enhancer use rate to also be 10%, and as a consequence of that tier gain rate is also 10% of the outside.

If someone has gotten a weapon to tier 1, they have done an absolute asston of shooting :eyecrazy:

many guns been tierd there when hub 1st opened, along with faps. Was a bug where you could do it in lobby and not be in the HUB itself.

nope once entering an arena your hp gets temporarily changed to 110 even if you have 80 or 330, also skills are temporarily altered to just over the hub tt weapons max requirements. every one is equal, except for those that lag they are less equal unless they themselves dont actually see the lag everyone else sees then they are more equal.

also i have not heard of or seen any tier hofs from hub equipment, im not even sure you can place enhancers on theoretically tiered hub equipment, just know that you can not place amps on your weapons and can not place plates on your armor in the hub.

No, Actually there is a bug which has effected some players. The bug causes the weapons not to be maxed for those players in the arena. For example when I check the info of the weapon i'm using in the arena, i can see that its not maxed.

No, Actually there is a bug which has effected some players. The bug causes the weapons not to be maxed for those players in the arena. For example when I check the info of the weapon i'm using in the arena, i can see that its not maxed.

You say this with quite a bit of conviction, so i assume you have an official source for this info ?

You say this with quite a bit of conviction, so i assume you have an official source for this info ?

Yes myself, and some other players. In fact I think it would be a good idea if i post a screen shot of the unmaxed stats. I'll head there today and take a screenshot to show what i'm saying

here are some screen shots of the bug i was mentioning:
These are my skills in the arena:

as you can see the skills drop down to 19 after brawler (dmg). If you read the chat window it says:
"entered equal skill zone: all avatars have the same skill and health".

Apparently the avatars effected by this bug have the exact same professional level as me (30 upto brawler and 19 after). those not effected have all skills at 30.

And these are the stats of the weapon I use:

As you can see its not maxed. Its not even close to being maxed. Again those effected by the bug have the exact same stats (that means attacks per min 30/67 ...) and those not effected have their weapons maxed.

I just hope the bug is fixed before the event.

Updated 1st post.

Event has been Postponed!

Back