Where are the MECHs?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Dev team
Where are the MECHs which have been seen parked on Calypso (Jamesons Point... I think its called) and they also feature in the hangar bays of Motherships. They have been there for over a year. When do we actually see them in game????

Cheers
Bjorn

It would take a substantial coding effort to create vehicles with anything other than no wheels or 4+ wheels. Looking at what other things we have on our road map I think its safe to say that mechs wont be introduced anytime soon.

Now, seeing them as monsters, that might be possible :).

How on earth was the Cyrene dev team going to introduce them then?

It would take a substantial coding effort to create vehicles with anything other than no wheels or 4+ wheels. Looking at what other things we have on our road map I think its safe to say that mechs wont be introduced anytime soon.

Just give them rollerskates?

How would that be different from troopers and legionnaires?

The thing is there are many MMOs which have MECH like machines, MechWarrior Online for example. I feel this coding effort is worthwhile. Even a simple walking and running sequence for the MECH, preset movements for the arms/weapons would look cool.

The thing is there are many MMOs which have MECH like machines, MechWarrior Online for example. I feel this coding effort is worthwhile. Even a simple walking and running sequence for the MECH, preset movements for the arms/weapons would look cool.

I agree. Mindark has a different view of effort than we do though. They can't even put up a list of 2014 goals, no way they can code mechs. I seriously wonder what the future of Eu is Atm. I hope its good :)

Speaking of which... :cool:

What comes to Mechs, I had already jumped into conclusion; No Theryon Wars = No mechs.

Yes, my little guess here was that MA told Cyrene that Mesh would be coming to game in hopes that Theryon Wars would be completed in time to give MA these needed vehicle for Cyrene.

I think the problem is that the CE2 engine itself will need to be changed to enable the mechs.

At the moment I doubt MA have many programmers capable of such an upgrade and the current programmers are good at platform code which is unrelated to CE2.

Although it could be achieved by adjusting the avatar model and applying the mech as armour. Essentially changing our adjusted avatar models to a default that fits the mech.

Although this would mean it could interact with other players and mobs but again these could be adjusted by platform code rather than engine code.

Last edited:

can we see ur road map, commutation is key to any successful relationship and you all are the most expensive woman I ever dated and I got to say the sex is not so great.

I think the problem is that the CE2 engine itself will need to be changed to enable the mechs.

MechWarrior: Living Legends runs pretty good on CE2, so it's doable:

But it's fan-made, for professionals it's too much :)

sincere question: whats so awesome with "mech's"? and what is it exactly?

sincere question: whats so awesome with "mech's"? and what is it exactly?

Well, more or less they would be as a walking tank which I guess a lot would like to have for PVP. But the big issue is that Cyrene was (is) waiting for MA to release the MECH for one of the main themes of their planet along other base line systems they are currently waiting for. While waiting the Cyrene team even made a full blown MECH model to show off at their booths to advertise the planet.

Well, more or less they would be as a walking tank which I guess a lot would like to have for PVP. But the big issue is that Cyrene was (is) waiting for MA to release the MECH for one of the main themes of their planet along other base line systems they are currently waiting for. While waiting the Cyrene team even made a full blown MECH model to show off at their booths to advertise the planet.
must spread bla bla bla

thanks, so it's one of the PP systems we are waiting for :/

I couldn't find the image of the model they made with the developers standing around it. But I guess this is close enough to show what they could be waiting for:

mech-3-jpg.1264

The Imperium C.L.A.W. Mech
Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene News' started by Lykke | Cyrene, Aug 14, 2012.

Is MA a content creator or a developer?
Any feature need a substantial coding effort so it get right from the beginning... ;)
But I guess the RL situation limits that, and a lot, sadly.

I am also eagerly anticipating mecha in this game. I suspect that the delay behind the Cyrene mechs is that Calypso also wants to get a "mecha" in operation, as they don't seem to want the PPs to have anything unique (pure conjecture based on the rapid development of instances on Calypso in response to Aakas instances launching on Arkadia)

Regardless, if a mecha ever drops on Cyrene OR Calypso, I will be a happy entropian indeed.

Well, more or less they would be as a walking tank which I guess a lot would like to have for PVP. But the big issue is that Cyrene was (is) waiting for MA to release the MECH for one of the main themes of their planet along other base line systems they are currently waiting for.

Though the planet seems to be way off-track, it seems they've gotten some ideas for their planet from (Movie) Avatar (planet) Pandora. Towards the end, the "bad guy" enters what in Starcraft I would be called a "goliath".

Difference sizes of the idea is in Movies everywhere. In the smallest versions, it's an enhanced armor, and the biggest versions (thinking wild wild west) it's almost a building.

Pretty much it's a vehicle that walks on legs instead of Rolling on weels.

A Walking Meningjord? hm, that would rather lead the thoughts to "Transformers". :laugh:

What about seeing them as armours?? And seeing we now have the ability for controlling mobs, that could also be part of the solution combined with "riding".

If it's armour you could mix and match different parts for different effects.

Hmmmmm, yes and no!

If you have vehicle code and character code , it is not a big thing to code a mech vehicle. I use a mech in a game i made. There i just use the player code to move the mech. Ok, it needs to change some things, but is not a big thing to do!

here a movie of the mech game i been working at.

Most of the animation for the mech you can get from the player character for the mech. (the skeleton).
also get vehicles without wheels or more as 4 wheels are not a big thing. You have flying vehicles also in game.

Just combine some of the character code and vehicle code, and you get a nice mech code.

MA is just to lazzy to give us such funny mech vehicles, that's all.

Last edited:

could make them fly and slide using booster power like they do in the Armored Core game series!
That way they wouldn't have to walk, and they'd still be cool!
(nobody mentioned Armored Core, best Mechs ever!!!)...

what about as user controlled mobs like the Boorums and Warlocks seen running around lately?...

and how about ya give us a nice detailed look at that "road map" you mentioned?! :deal:

Last edited:

You's can't just simply BUY the code from a 3rd party like you did all the other vehicles? It would only take a few hours of players losses to come up with the cash. :p

Menace

At the moment I doubt MA have many programmers capable of such an upgrade and the current programmers are good at platform code which is unrelated to CE2.

and there is your answer for why they wont/cant bring back taming even tho it would be lucrative as hell

and there is your answer for why they wont/cant bring back taming even tho it would be lucrative as hell

Lol , you really think Cry2/3 can't handle mechs! most of the engines out in the world can handle with mechs. it is not more complicate as a player avatar or a vehicle.

Lol , you really think Cry2/3 can't handle mechs! most of the engines out in the world can handle with mechs. it is not more complicate as a player avatar or a vehicle.

It is only complicated if there is no function to support it built into whatever toolset editor they use for development. and one would think MA development goes deeper than top level editor use, but may be they don't want to redevelop their editor tools.

Back