Halloween Mayhem 2014

Don't you literally spend all your time on a 450k hp mob? Looting loads of unL items?

You must not be taught math in your country.

And you must not have ever heard of tracker.

Except for a few dev spawns, I have sat there and grinded on the 16 waves of thousands of zombies required to spawn Kong in the first place over 100 times. Ask anyone that was there with me for most of them. It is VERY hard work there. And yet it still amounts to less than 1% of my hunting while in game.

Judging by your tone, you are just jealous that I work hard at things in this game, and though they fail most of the time, sometimes that hard work was rewarded.

Sure, I could have been a sweet little puppy in my post, but after getting booted out of the zone numerous times all day long, it became massively frustrating, and of course, I now want to make a BIG deal out of it in hopes that MA reads it. What better way than to get all the campers riled up and bumping constantly :D.

EDit: (The zombies I am referring to above are on RT, Kong has nothing to do with the zombies in HM, I wanted to add this to avoid confusing people.)

Last edited:
And yes i will just camp big pumpkins, becouse i want to, and about serwer crash i dont have problems with that, there was some issue on first 2-3 h, but at this point i can get out and go back whenever i want, so mayby its your personal issue with internet

It is 100% NOT my internet. Nice try trying to blame it on me, but I have 100% the best internet in any first world country, and it never crashes.

The fact remains that 30-40 % (or much more) of instances are being used by campers, who don't shoot anything except GP, and therefore they remain the likeliest cause of the crashes that the grinders are experiencing.

The fact remains that 30-40 % (or much more) of instances are being used by campers, who don't shoot anything except GP, and therefore they remain the likeliest cause of the crashes that the grinders are experiencing.

Imagine those people actively hunting in the instances.. Then you would crash even more! Be glad they just stand still 99% of the time :wise:

polaris + pulsar plate 8 work great for zombie dogs up to stalker. i bought this because according to entropedia it would work great on the mutants

do not work at all for the mutants.

if anyone finds this information useful and would like to share with me what works on the mutants (lvl 3 or 4) i would greatly appreciate it. by pm is fine. thanks.

Pen/Elec. seems to be the sweet spot.

It is 100% NOT my internet. Nice try trying to blame it on me, but I have 100% the best internet in any first world country, and it never crashes.

blaming few campers for all crashes its full of shit,
what next ? complainning on ppl standing in twin peaks that take bandwich of game too and becouse if them you have crashes too

BTW how the fuck you can know it never crashes? you have direct connection to MA serwers? BS, you are just spoiled troll who didnt get nice iteam, or mayby thats how you want to get it? brag on forum until MA put it your shit holl and then you will stfu

To be fair to Sunsout, I crashed hard in Nymph a few times, and I have high-end internet as well. I don't lag in other non-US games, but I have a lot of connection issues in high traffic areas in this game (even sometimes when no one else is around). It's certainly a fact that the Entropia servers are not the best and need a serious rehaul.

All instances are run on the same server, along with space.

Should all beacons and aakas instances be closed for the week? Should people that don't spend X ped/hr be kicked out of their instance?

How about all the people just standing around nymp? They are probably causing the most issue with server crashes. Maybe a temp ban for anyone that spends more than 5 mins outside of an instance in nymp?

Also, did you stop to consider that your crashes may be due to the normal bug/glitches in these mayhem instances that cause random CTDs/crashes? Last year I could only do 2-3 instance runs before I had to restart otherwise I risked a CTD.

Maybe a temp ban for anyone that spends more than 5 mins outside of an instance in nymp?

Hoping this was a joke...otherwise...

um what?!?

Wish this was a joke...

14 pumpkins in lvl 2 blasting hundreds of the damn mobs.

74 in lvl 4 before that.

Dunno what the point is to continue, when theres 100 plus pumkpins dropping to people.

At least sort the damned drop rate of pumpkins MA.

Can be seen on my stream, for those wanting to take a look, thinking this is a BS whine post.
It is a whine, but jeez, sort the damned drop rates.
7 hours done now and not had 1 above 20 points.

Well Starglider just loot 5k 1 pointers, to get the 50 PED ammo price, welcome at stage 1 :D

On the other side, a 5k already dropped in stage 2, so it depends just on luck how much points one gets.

Well Starglider just loot 5k 1 pointers, to get the 50 PED ammo price, welcome at stage 1 :D

On the other side, a 5k already dropped in stage 2, so it depends just on luck how much points one gets.

I don't suppose you know what dropped that 5k? A mob or a boss?

I don't suppose you know what dropped that 5k? A mob or a boss?

Don´t know.
Ask Slate Shitkicker Sloan, he had the discovery.
Somewhere I read it, that it was in LVL2 Instance, can´t remember where.

So I get that Essence is rare, but have been asking all around and have yet to find anyone who has looted any Essence this year, or even someone who has heard of anyone else looting some. Anyone....or is it bugged atm?

So I get that Essence is rare, but have been asking all around and have yet to find anyone who has looted any Essence this year, or even someone who has heard of anyone else looting some. Anyone....or is it bugged atm?

IMO there are two options:

a) MA forgot to add EoE to loot
b) EoE is extremely rare but guarantees some good loot

If it's an option a), I just hope they will not drop all in a matter of few minutes like items on Friday...

There will be discoveries when an essence is looted as they replaced the old essence with 5 new ones (yay pumpkin nerf :mad:)

Since not even one has dropped its 99% likely that MA forgot to add it. Probably drop Monday when the loot manager gets in.

There will be discoveries when an essence is looted as they replaced the old essence with 5 new ones (yay pumpkin nerf :mad:)

Since not even one has dropped its 99% likely that MA forgot to add it. Probably drop Monday when the loot manager gets in.

I would say the loot pool is empty.

Ive done over 14hrs solid so far. Plenty of globals which are all pure Ammo/shrapnel and have just dropped 889 ped Hof. Again it was 500+peds Weapons cells and 300 ped Shrapnel.

Not one of my globals / hofs contained any pumpkins and with the 1 pointers dropping in low loot I would have thought globals would have meant more chance of pumpkins and items and so far they havent.

I will carry on but im dissapointed and like you say, there doesn't seem to be any essence.

There have been "unknown" items in mayhem globals, I think even on the HOF list? Maybe they are essences? Dunno what else they could be. Still wondering WTF a loot with something about full health was all about..wish it had been a loot window and not just the ticker.

no essence of evil, not a single item, nice job manager :D

So far I've done approx 4 hrs in lvl3, beserkers+pumpkin.

Looted 2x candy boxes on pumpkins, and each time 6 points (rotten+sickly).

Zombies are generally shrap/ammo droppers, but I have had corrosive 3 (L) and a skildek decimator (L). also, around 400 pts, best pumps looted were 2x healthy (50pts ea).

At this rate, I won't even make the first band. I am concerned about the lootwaves, it's strange MA hasn't fixed them yet. Basically means the next shadow pieces, eoe's and 5k pumps will all drop when I'm at work.

Hey,

Just wondering how you guys are doing? I'm dealing 480k dmg roughly (when I'm concentrated and not watching a movie on the side) and avg at about 250-300 points per hour. I have talked to someone with 15% more dps and he is avging about 250% higher points per hour (no real big pumpkins). I tried the same lvl and mobs as him and I just can't seem to figure out whats going on.

This is not really a complaint as such, cuz this is just plain weird and i just wanna get to the bottom of this. How can that be? I mean i gues it's random and what not, but after 14h i figured it would even out. Anyone else getting much less than expected?

Regards
Thark

after i made around 12 hours, actualy 9 hours full and after that 3 more only pumpkins to see if i'm a jackass and essence of evil still not drop, i give up and stop . If i didnt loot any essence in 9 hours of full hunting and 12 pumpkins, i'm not an idiot to participate anymore. Is clear the essence will drop like one per 20 or 30 or even one in 40 hours, so this event is not for me. Still i want to say that is a very good event and for the first time in 10 years , i see that the event have the best marketing i saw in entropia, with prizes for first hunters but important bonuses too for quantity of points and this is very very important in my opinion , actualy is the most important thing. I hope this marketing tool to be used next events too . Very bad job becouse of the lack of fucking essence ,still very nice for the high quality new style marketing !!! So, congratulations to the marketing guy!:cheer:

btw..i did all levels pumpkins, from lvl 1 to lvl 5 included, no essence anywhere.in 12 pumpkins, at least on me

Last edited:
So far I've done approx 4 hrs in lvl3, beserkers+pumpkin.

Looted 2x candy boxes on pumpkins, and each time 6 points (rotten+sickly).

Zombies are generally shrap/ammo droppers, but I have had corrosive 3 (L) and a skildek decimator (L). also, around 400 pts, best pumps looted were 2x healthy (50pts ea).

At this rate, I won't even make the first band. I am concerned about the lootwaves, it's strange MA hasn't fixed them yet. Basically means the next shadow pieces, eoe's and 5k pumps will all drop when I'm at work.

Same hours, same items but two launchers, can't remember which was lvl 85 maybe exterminator? Same otherwise exactly. One difference..all in lvl 2 and I didn't even see Mr P in the 1s two. All items came in 1st two runs too. None since..and almost no globals and many fewer pumpkins.

My guess is a loot adjustment on Monday when they have had a relaxing weekend. I still can't get my head around no-one being there over an event weekend. lol

Same hours, same items but two launchers, can't remember which was lvl 85 maybe exterminator? Same otherwise exactly. One difference..all in lvl 2 and I didn't even see Mr P in the 1s two. All items came in 1st two runs too. None since..and almost no globals and many fewer pumpkins.

My guess is a loot adjustment on Monday when they have had a relaxing weekend. I still can't get my head around no-one being there over an event weekend. lol

To be fair, I get that they don't work weekends... I wouldn't want to and I imagine the office is pretty small anyway. Problem I have is, it's obvious that loots are based on a "factor" value where there are, lets say, X amount of shadow feet in circulation. They then put a mob which drops shadow feet, is hunted at say 50 mobs per second overall, and put the factor to N+5. Instantly, 5 feet drop in 1 minute even if the droprate is 0.0001%.

This works fine in the old PE system where mobs were hunted at 1000th of the rate of current and they still needed, for example, eon helmets to drop from neconu, but it's now an unviable item introduction method.

It was first broken when Hogglo were first introduced, when the 2 intended imk3's dropped from the first 2 hoggs killed. Incidentally, this was also good proof that MA didn't understand their own loot system - as the servers were taken down instantly - nerves that 100 imk3's would be looted. The factor was 2, and 2 dropped. They could have left the servers on and it would have been no problem.

I just don't understand why they don't but a % chance factor on all items rather than a factor value, and manually adjust the % chances... It's more work, but it makes it more fluid. That way, from the outset they can introduce eoe's at say, 1 drop per 10,000 zombies, rather than sometime next week at about 2pm in the afternoon, 50 eoe's drop, 10 in each level, and we never see them again.

The second issue with the factor droprate is, if MA don't increase the factor you will never get an item, no matter how many mobs you kill. E.G. I've done the 10k mission on allo/esto, and not received a single unL item - because all the items allo/esto drop have hit their limit in the system. This really reduces the incentive to kill anything but the "flavour of the month" mob in the correct time of day.

Well, was just able to start today. 3 hours for 450 points so far, at this rate I can get to the 5k-point reward in 30 hours. Maybe with some big luck, I can get to the next level. All cat3 for me, I'm thinking. I can do the higher cats but it seems that blasting more zombies per hour is a better plan. We shall see :D no HOFs yet or any items, but no problem :laugh:

Average 120-150p/h is probably normal.

/Arwen

hmmm..i was at around 350 average after 9 hours and gave up because i figured it was way to low

lvl 2 and lvl3 using tier 3 enigma L4 and boneshatter tier 3 with dante. I have only been able to average 130 point/hour.

5 hours in no items looted just tt and shrapnel.

lvl 2 and lvl3 using tier 3 enigma L4 and boneshatter tier 3 with dante. I have only been able to average 130 point/hour.

5 hours in no items looted just tt and shrapnel.

I'll go all in tomorrow between 800 and 1600 server time to make sure I'm around once the "balancing" manager decides to click the big button.

Screw the points, you just need to be there when the new loot is added. Perhaps one or two 5k pumpkins can be found at that time as well.

Taking the number of peds I have spent so far and using that to extrapolate to 40 hours I'd be sending 3k ped plus to attempt to win 1k peds and a few bits back. That's with a pretty good 1st couple of runs in those runs already made and assuming not a hope of the main prizes since others have much more powerful and eco gear than me.

Money pit. IT would be a nice to think there was a chance of some decent UL gear, or maybe some new items...but it's not likely given the story so far overall. Not a very sensible use of peds really is it? :laugh:

I'll go all in tomorrow between 800 and 1600 server time to make sure I'm around once the "balancing" manager decides to click the big button.

Screw the points, you just need to be there when the new loot is added. Perhaps one or two 5k pumpkins can be found at that time as well.

I agree with you 100%,

I just work during those hours. Seems to be same as last year, probably why this is my first time to participate in a event like this.

Back