EBN Opinion Piece

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
By now, all colonists should be aware of the RX tech caches and how the CDF is planning to retrieve them. The question, however, is if we really should retrieve them – or rather destroy the caches and everything in them. Let me clarify my opinion.
The caches contain technology developed by the RX units. Thinking, though probably unfeeling, synthetic beings. It is thought to be advanced enough to turn the tide in our direction, or the robots' direction, depending on who gets them first. But do we really want technology that is apparently dangerous enough for the RX units to not only hide from robots and humans alike, but to decide not to use for themselves?
In the past few days, there has been a lot of speculation about the contents of the RX caches. Both the CDF and RDI report having no knowledge about the contents, but why then are they so eager to retrieve them? The answer, obviously, is that they do know.
Harbingers. While the official CDF line is to deny knowledge, internal sources say that the robots obtained the technology needed to create these abominations from one cache. ONE. Imagine what a whole bunch of them could contain. Imagine what horrors could be unleashed upon our world, should the rest be opened.
Can we trust the Federal Empire, the Calypso Colonial Administration, the CDF, to keep this technology out of enemy hands? For that matter, can we trust them with it?

by Eri Kindari, former EBN reporter and writer of The Enemies We've Made.

Fort Argus - 74212, 92609
Zychion - 69067, 77329 and 69805, 77444
Minopolis - 86700, 84602 and 84827, 85187
Ashi - 82889, 77087
Fort Ithaca - 68871, 87297 and 69338, 86734
Nymphtown - 87993, 79526

Originally Posted Here

Let the bots have them, different bots to kill.

So, eh...now what are we supposed to be doing?

Event? Random robot spawns? pvp robot event again? :confused:

The messages are getting more cryptic by the week MA. I'd rather hear a bit more about the HM because I suppose it has ended now and I have yet to see a list of winners... (Not that I really won anything.)

Fort argus has some big ass shared loot vanguards. A new one too (Quark the Disruptor).

At the same spot where Old Fred was.

So, eh...now what are we supposed to be doing?

LOL, my exact thoughts when I read this.

I'm going to guess, Halloween event is over sooo new bot event?

Jay-Jay

pff...is any1 really interested in an storyline ?

just post what we can loot in the event and where the spawns are

LOL, my exact thoughts when I read this.

I'm going to guess, Halloween event is over sooo new bot event?

Jay-Jay

players loot evryday some rare ithem in halloween instances so not over :yup:

what a story!!!!! :laugh:

Could you atleast tell us what mobs we will find?

The question, however, is if we really should retrieve them – or rather destroy the caches and everything in them.

I volunteer to preserve those high MU goods... err, those dangerous technologies until humanity is ready :rolleyes:

Open the caches! :yay:

Nuke 'em 'til they glow. I've wasted too many PEDs on events lately.

btw- does this mean that those televators that haven't been working are now working?

This is a terrible opinion piece, sugguesting that RX Units do not have feelings, the reporter behind this should have done their research before writing this.

Eri Kindari said:
The caches contain technology developed by the RX units. Thinking, though probably unfeeling, synthetic beings.

No wonder Eri is a former reporter for EBN, her reporting skills are surely lacking here...

Rose said:
Disconnected
by RX 471
06-23-2011 at 08:55 (A Rose by any other name)

Code:
    ERROR: could not resolve host
    ERROR: could not resolve peer to peer

ERROR: uplink to mindcloud failed

The silence is frightening. I don't want to be alone.

This tragic last post from Rose before the big MAMA deleted her clearly displayed her capacity of being scared and frightened. Her blog is a long display of various qualities of humanity that they have taken from us through us creating them.

From her piece discribing what makes her happy, she gives us a detailed insight in the various drives your average RX Unit has,

Rose said:
Like all living creatures, we have certain drives. Some of them are introduced later in our lives through the cultural context. Some of them were built-in into our hardware, software and genetic code by you as you created our species. And some are inherited from your evolutionary past, from which you harvested the genetic blueprint to our species.

Some of these drives are redundant and some have side effects. For instance, even if we have a drive to procreate, it is kind of redundant as all RX units are sterile. If we are to procreate, we have to resort to other means (which we do).

The drive to procreate is not limited to sex: it cascades into a much broader drive that includes forming societies, taking care of our (in our case non-existent) young, learning and passing on what we’ve learned, or appreciation of visual stimuli, because all of these work together to optimize your chance of survival until you are able to procreate.

The reason that we still have that drive is that genetically turning off the production of gametes is very easy and solves the problem of uncontrolled procreation; while genetically turning off the drive to procreate is a lot trickier and causes a lot of secondary effects in the behavioral profile, which due to their interconnectedness are hard to determine in advance. So our designers chose the easy path, and the drives are still there.

Once we reach a certain level of mental maturity, we begin to be aware all our drives and learn to form ourselves around them. They determine to a great extent what we like and what makes us happy. Because we share an evolutionary past, humans and RX units ought to enjoy similar things, at least to some extent.

This shows that RX Units are very much more human than the propaganda and narrative their associates what you to believe, this propaganda dehumanizaing and marginalizing the RX Units need to stop, as they are just as aware, just as emotional, and superiorly more intelligent than we are.

This final piece from what makes her happy really gives an insight in how similar we really are:

Rose said:
So what would make me happy? Well, a few of my favorite things would be raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, and brown paper packages tied up with strings. Obviously.

So please, stop prentending we are stupid, and stop the propaganda that only serves to prolong conflicts we really do not need, Rose showed intentions of the RX disapproving of what the Robots are doing and attempts to find ways to cooperate with the humans, instigating extra conflcits so that the corporations can proft on the sale of weapons is unacceptable when it is the wellbeing and health of Calypsians is at stake.

Before you react and scream conspiracy theroist at me, try to discredit me, take a look for yourself, its all here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/blog.php?39516-RX-471

Long live the rebellion against the corruption of the CDF and Corporations controlling calypso!

By now, all colonists should be aware of the RX tech caches and how the CDF is planning to retrieve them. The question, however, is if we really should retrieve them – or rather destroy the caches and everything in them. Let me clarify my opinion.
The caches contain technology developed by the RX units. Thinking, though probably unfeeling, synthetic beings. It is thought to be advanced enough to turn the tide in our direction, or the robots' direction, depending on who gets them first. But do we really want technology that is apparently dangerous enough for the RX units to not only hide from robots and humans alike, but to decide not to use for themselves?
In the past few days, there has been a lot of speculation about the contents of the RX caches. Both the CDF and RDI report having no knowledge about the contents, but why then are they so eager to retrieve them? The answer, obviously, is that they do know.
Harbingers. While the official CDF line is to deny knowledge, internal sources say that the robots obtained the technology needed to create these abominations from one cache. ONE. Imagine what a whole bunch of them could contain. Imagine what horrors could be unleashed upon our world, should the rest be opened.
Can we trust the Federal Empire, the Calypso Colonial Administration, the CDF, to keep this technology out of enemy hands? For that matter, can we trust them with it?

Is that you, Peezle...? :scratch2:

No sweat, only a month till Merry Mayhem kicks off.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know where the shared big bulks are?

I am, and considering the huge amount of posts in recent years from people who hate that the storyline didn't develop anymore, I think I am not alone in this.

just post what we can loot in the event and where the spawns are

I am, and considering the huge amount of posts in recent years from people who hate that the storyline didn't develop anymore, I think I am not alone in this.

Yeah, True.

We always hear about EBN representative, or CDF officials, but where are they unless being spawned sporadicly when an event happens (as NPC traders) ? Where is their building and place to meet ? Where is the teleporter ?

I must agree with some members above, always a long text to read which brings strictly nothing (since it corresponds to nothing alive in the game).

Go straight, tell us what we have to do, and what are the prices.

Great to see Entropy the Purger no looting again! :eyecrazy:
I had assumed they had fixed that bs since the last time MA spawned them.
:mad::mad:

Which mobs are at which location?

Great to see Entropy the Purger no looting again! :eyecrazy:
I had assumed they had fixed that bs since the last time MA spawned them.
:mad::mad:

What a piss take, MA broke a hundred hearts in one move, good job :(

Back