Fight With New Technology!

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
The image in this transmission is a live picture: at this very moment an army of robots are swarming over Fort Medusa and Fort Pandora!

But now we have new technology that can turn the tide: a tool called Sphinx that intercepts local AI transmissions and relays live counterattack objectives to colonists on the battlefield. Simply go to Fort Medusa or Fort Pandora and Sphinx will automatically activate the uplink.

But be careful, the forces are expected to be formidable!

Colonists surpassing activity thresholds will be rewarded for their contributions to the battle: so watch your personal contribution level!

Originally Posted Here

Missing image:

Robot-Web-Image.jpg

So hoping this is something inspired by the game "Firefall" where you will get alerts on your map when there is special events happening in an area :) .. and where you are awarded based on your contribution to the "world event" in question.

Reactions: Mac
"so watch your personal contribution level! "
so, ok, can you actually watch that? Is it also clear where the threshold lies and that you have just been specifically rewarded?
TBH my expectations are low, but maybe some of the live actives right now can shed light on this? Thanks

Yes, there are progress bars in the mission tracker. Doesn't seem to affect anything though.
kk, thanks :). You mean you didn't progress to completion?
Did the event stop suddenly before you got there? Was there any timer, was progress fairly smooth and predictable about how long it would take (cost) in theory etc etc?

If I stop by later on safe mode I could gain some info and report back too, I guess, but I'm not really very trustful of MA's event strategies (customer ped burn), nor of my computer's ability to deal with large crowds!

Yes, there are progress bars in the mission tracker. Doesn't seem to affect anything though.

Does progress fluctuate (drops after time) or stays at max reached?

I wonder what this is about, but it seems like MA is trying to lure people to participate in shared events...

kk, thanks :). You mean you didn't progress to completion?
Did the event stop suddenly before you got there? Was there any timer, was progress fairly smooth and predictable about how long it would take (cost) in theory etc etc?
There is a timer and progress bars, one for for whole event, and one for your own progress. The latter increases each time you kill something, a little (1%) if you shared the kill with others, a lot (say 10%) if you killed the mob mostly solo. I've reached 100% in most stages but noticed no difference compared to those where I didn't made to 100%.

The cost, if you ever participated in shared event, you know it :)

Does progress fluctuate (drops after time) or stays at max reached?

It never decreases until a stage ends, but possibly resets if you die, not sure about that, I died only once so could be that my death just coincided with the end of a stage.

Apart from progress bars, the whole thing looks like a normal shared event. If there are no deeper not yet uncovered levels to all this, the fort will be surrendered to robots in a matter of days :)

from what i see:
3 SGP and 1 fort stages
giving buffs for reachin 100% contribution in each stages (pretty useless ones)
speed buff n hp regen buffs from sgp (20 mins i think)
30 hp buff for an hour from fort stage
Was hopin for some crit buff for 2-5 hours, but for such buffs i wont participate :S

Last edited:
from what i see:
3 SGP and 1 fort stages
giving buffs for reachin 100% contribution in each stages (pretty useless ones)
speed buff n hp regen buffs from sgp (20 mins i think)
30 hp buff for an hour from fort stage
Was hopin for some crit buff for 2-5 hours, but for such buffs i wont participate :S

So the reward for participating is a temp buff, do you get a "buff pill" or do you get the buff right away?
If buffs is what they give as reward I would prefer it as a pill or something so that it can be used when needed.

kk - thanks for the more detailed replies :)
If the bonuses are just buffs, then that element doesn't seem particularly attractive unless higher rewards are crit buffs or so.
If there is anything at all of a progress-performance nature to this, then MA (or Caly) should come out and state what the attractions are supposed to be!

I'm actually getting more and more fed up of not even dangled carrots in front of my nose, but things dangling in front of my nose which may or may not be useful to me, with experience telling me probably not!

Still, I guess we should let that just stand as an unconfirmed comment until we know more :laugh:

This may be a test for future missions, as they started it at a quieter time, americans in bed and europeans at work/school.

and if it bugged and gives rewards it shouldn't, its only a buff MA lose

Only buffs (not pills) but theres a bigass boss in fort stage that seem to have dropping some new shitz :)

I don't like shared loot events but this event (at Pandora) was rly awesome. Not only pure shooting and waiting for a bigger spawn - the attack in waves and move some meter between ..than you have to defend some primary targets and a boss.
For the first event of this kind - good work MA.

[...]

It never decreases until a stage ends, but possibly resets if you die, not sure about that, I died only once so could be that my death just coincided with the end of a stage.

[...]

You don't lose progress bar on death - just saw some guy streaming and dying few times.

I'm not a big fan of shared mobs and buffs as a reward for doing it are not very appealing for me, but this new type of events can be fun, if designed well.

and a big 138k dropped, just saw it on stream

Once again, in European hours while the Western hemisphere players are at work or sleeping :)

So, some info of my own now.
each % of own goal was about 1.5 peds of firepower - personal % was carried over when a new overall stage started (4 stages at Medusa, for example). I didn't try and shoot 150 peds to see what buff I'd get....

There were enough people active to get through each stage in approx. 2 mins, which is pretty fast in my opinion, also a reason why I didn't try and get to buff status.

The final assault on the fort took a bit longer - and the tp is inside. If you die you get revived outside it would seem, and vehicles not allowed, so I guess it's Hotel California for at least some minutes once you are there... or you have to leave the event area circle on foot.

I got freezes and once CTD on this older computer, so better than expected. It actually looked quite fun, and for this time of day there was certainly a lot of activity. At the end, everybody seemed to tp to the other place (Pandora?), although I didn't see a chat notification. I may have missed it as the chat was full of people wow-ing at the great looter (ATH?), so that was nice for some too!

No idea how frequently the whole thing will repeat, or in alternation between the two forts...
Ok, that's my heads up :)

Get a life.
Most EU players are at work now, including me!

I'll just leave this here...

I'm not saying that Europeans aren't at work at this time either, but you cannot argue that the likelyhood of people being able to play in Europe and Asia at this time is not higher than the western (or far eastern) hemispheres. I know that loot is random and that MA is based out of Sweden, but it would be a nice change of pace if some events start later in the day so people living on this side of the pond can get first stabs at events/discoveries instead of arriving after all the good stuff has been looted. This is a fault in MA's coding and it is clear to see by simply looking at the data provided in EL. Look at ring discoveries for example:

Most of them dropped late afternoon/early evening European time... and none one of them dropped early morning/late night European time (22:00 - 06:00).

Edit: Sorry, one ring dropped at 06:13

Why is the Core still open? Is there any reason to go in there like getting more DSU?

Why is the Core still open? Is there any reason to go in there like getting more DSU?

Nope, unless you want to hunt the mobs in there I guess. MA is notorious for not removing access to their instances right away.

didn't the core remain open from the 2015-2016 cores? i remember going in december or something

Mayhem instances often stay open for a few days after the events, for everyone who fancies to hunt those mobs for fun. Should not drop DSUs though.

didn't the core remain open from the 2015-2016 cores? i remember going in december or something

No, the pod and npcs were there but the entrance stopped worked after the first maintenance.

Actually no, just checked and the televator is disabled. To not distract people from the ongoing invasion probably :)

shame, must have dreamt it up :/

Back