Face to face with the President of Virtual Reality - Eurogamer.net

News Bot

Guardian

[SIZE=-2]Eurogamer.net[/SIZE]

Face to face with the President of Virtual Reality
[SIZE=-1]Eurogamer.net[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Who voted for him? Entropia Universe players, mostly. There, Neverdie is a celebrity, the man who sold a nightclub on an asteroid for a staggering $635,000. The election was held on Facebook in spring 2016, and Jacobs did a proper campaign trail for it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=d-_o8B8Tjw27A8M&authuser=0&ned=us[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Lol this article makes eu look bad and has a lot of fucks un it.

be7.jpg

So Am.vr.ca is a new planet eh? What's the other 2 planets since deep token document mentioned 3? Does ark moon count as one itself?

Makes me wonder if r.t. is going downhill like c.n.d. did when it got cloned as hell?

Also makes one wonder if whole pres thing was prequel advertising for Am.vr.ca the whole time just like the whole e.u. hates me I'll create a no way out prison idea came to fruition... EU hates me I'll go make another planet, yadda, yadda...

Last edited:
seems like an interesting post, i like the openness a lot

"But two years later his presidency isn't going well, or at all, really. "I ran for President, did this thing and then everybody in Entropia Universe says, 'We don't want one!' They're like, 'You're not our President - bugger off!' It was a complete 'fuck you!' from the userbase! And then Entropia Universe [creator MindArk] said, 'Umm no we're not interested.' So I became President of Virtual Reality and they basically rejected my entire thing! And there was nothing I could do about it.""

It is nice to hear from one of the planet partners than MA did exactly what we expected them too and say "we're not interested" after it didn't go as planned.

I still feel bad about the whole thing and think if MA had handled it better the president thing could have been very successful.

Best of luck with the planet!

if the planet VR is as ugly as rocktropia, it will not be necessary many resources :laugh:

I think the way this presidential "election" was set up did a lot of damage, and also Entropia is but a small part of all that is VR while he had no representation anywhere else. It was just so unbelievable. Never mind, it was a shot over the moon and I like a visionary developer better than a professional politician anytime.

He is spot-on in regards to people being too invested in the creation of their avatars to be able to detach from it should they wish to move on. But making this compatible across different systems is like implementing standardization of whole industries. Like DIN or ISO. That really is a big wheel to turn, and a political one. Governments just use force now that it's established (yeah, in the EU they regulate the curvilinearity of cucumbers and bananas, and no, it's not the politicians not knowing what to do all day, it was the retailers' lobbies who wanted it.)

Upon landing on the new planet, you're immediately attacked by a swarm of L2 Buzzword.

They're like diripi but inflict -20% Intelligence debuff.

What's worse is that it stacks, so if you don't don your Tinfoil Hat (M, L) quickly, your Intelligence may become negative.

ND always see "the glass is half full" NEVER "half empty" that's something I admire to him!
But...but...AmeVRica? Realy? :laugh:

As a comment above about RT (it is total subjective), this planet is awesome and it hosts some of the best ppl of EU community.

Trouble I see is Neverdie is the most egotistical self centred person I think ive ever come across.

No one likes that, it is not a quality off a good leader

If he cant see why no one seems to like him that makes him even more of a douche bag.

If i was MA i would have cut him loose too lol

ND always see "the glass is half full" NEVER "half empty" that's something I admire to him!
But...but...AmeVRica? Realy? :laugh:

As a comment above about RT (it is total subjective), this planet is awesome and it hosts some of the best ppl of EU community.

you mean RT, the home of the whole lying and stealing pirate scum? nice.

i just read that article and i think that even if you would combine all sewage plants on the planet they wouldnt be able to handle all the shit that ND produces. incredible. that man is so stupid that it aint funny anymore. it just hurts to see it.

I support what NEVERDIE is doing, I think it's very important. I would love to see the Teleportation system implemented and be able to instantly 'transport' to another game, it's a revolutionary idea, difficult to implement, but would really be awesome. What it is, simply stated, is a grand vision of a boundless virtual universe where individuals are free to 'travel' to other games and worlds. Imagine walking up to a teleporter on Rocktropia and being able to 'transport' instantly to Shroud of the Avatar, EVE Online or World of Warcraft, it would be revolutionary.

As it is I don't play Shroud of the Avatar or WoW, but I'm sure I would visit these games if it was as easy as just teleporting to them.

NEVERDIE, thanks for ignoring the nay'sayers and thanks for continuing with your vision.

Cheers o/

Legends

Upon landing on the new planet, you're immediately attacked by a swarm of L2 Buzzword.

They're like diripi but inflict -20% Intelligence debuff.

What's worse is that it stacks, so if you don't don your Tinfoil Hat (M, L) quickly, your Intelligence may become negative.

...but you can still be a leftist.

Actually a nice interview. I understand what he's trying to do a lot better now.

I support what NEVERDIE is doing, I think it's very important. I would love to see the Teleportation system implemented and be able to instantly 'transport' to another game, it's a revolutionary idea, difficult to implement, but would really be awesome. What it is, simply stated, is a grand vision of a boundless virtual universe where individuals are free to 'travel' to other games and worlds. Imagine walking up to a teleporter on Rocktropia and being able to 'transport' instantly to Shroud of the Avatar, EVE Online or World of Warcraft, it would be revolutionary.

As it is I don't play Shroud of the Avatar or WoW, but I'm sure I would visit these games if it was as easy as just teleporting to them.

NEVERDIE, thanks for ignoring the nay'sayers and thanks for continuing with your vision.

Cheers o/

Legends

I already have a teleporter called steam that carries me on several games so there is nothing revolutionary in what it does. :rolleyes:

Cheers o/

Legends

revolutionary or not this doesnt work. and it wont ever work. someone who thinks this might work clearly has no idea about game design or programming in general or an idea about how markets work

revolutionary or not this doesnt work. and it wont ever work. someone who thinks this might work clearly has no idea about game design or programming in general or an idea about how markets work

You're certainly not recommending yourself as an expert in the field. Be glad that there always will be people who don't listen to this kind of shit, or nothing new would ever be invented.

You're certainly not recommending yourself as an expert in the field. Be glad that there always will be people who don't listen to this kind of shit, or nothing new would ever be invented.

so why dont you come up with some arguments from the fields i mentioned on how and why this would work? or just keep spitting out nonsense?

V.r.m.l. died in the 1990s, back when some of us were trying to hand code vertexface nodes, but the vision still exists... mindark could have gone far if they traversed that road, but they did there own thing as did most other game companies so no universal standard exists even though we now have the level of technology that could make it a reality to many.... if only we had a time travel crystal in real life

V.r.m.l. died in the 1990s, back when some of us were trying to hand code vertexface nodes, but the vision still exists... mindark could have gone far if they traversed that road, but they did there own thing as did most other game companies so no universal standard exists even though we now have the level of technology that could make it a reality to many.... if only we had a time travel crystal in real life

VRML was just replaced by X3D, it still works pretty much the same way and major browsers can display it without further ado. Site creators just aren't adopting it in numbers, no idea why. I've been using it with Perl scripts for some private designs, like building stuff in the house.

so why dont you come up with some arguments from the fields i mentioned on how and why this would work? or just keep spitting out nonsense?

Are you paying me for it? What is the point of this argument? Some things might work, some things might not. Its success does certainly not depend on input of the kind of your incessant hate. If I have something to contribute I'll tell him directly and done so before.

Are you paying me for it? What is the point of this argument? Some things might work, some things might not. Its success does certainly not depend on input of the kind of your incessant hate. If I have something to contribute I'll tell him directly and done so before.

in other words you know it wont work, exactly as i said and you are just antagonizing me because its so much fun for you? well. at least you know that im right. thats enough for me.

Reactions: San
The election was held on Facebook in spring 2016, and Jacobs did a proper campaign trail for it. He even made ridiculous promises like a real politician - "talking a bunch of shit" he calls it - pledging to create billions of jobs by building a teleportation system to transfer characters between virtual worlds.

:laugh:

But two years later his presidency isn't going well, or at all, really. "I ran for President, did this thing and then everybody in Entropia Universe says, 'We don't want one!' They're like, 'You're not our President - bugger off!' It was a complete 'fuck you!' from the userbase! And then Entropia Universe [creator MindArk] said, 'Umm no we're not interested.' So I became President of Virtual Reality and they basically rejected my entire thing! And there was nothing I could do about it."

:handjob:

Actually a nice interview. I understand what he's trying to do a lot better now.

Exactly my sentiments. Very nice interview and in mainstream media. Worth reading.

Exactly my sentiments. Very nice interview and in mainstream media. Worth reading.

Yea I don't really understand all the mass hatred. Was a pretty good article and guy seems like he's getting more down to earth now. I enjoyed the read.

Yea I don't understand all the mass hatred. Was a pretty good article and the guy seems like he's getting more down to earth now. I enjoyed the read.

As did I, am tempted to give News Bot a +rep :eyecrazy:.

Last edited:
in other words you know it wont work, exactly as i said and you are just antagonizing me because its so much fun for you? well. at least you know that im right. thats enough for me.

Oh my, I could stop laughing only just now. You read agreement from that and claim to know anything about any subject built on logic? Have fun in your sandbox, but watch it when throwing stuff. Sometimes it comes back.

Oh my, I could stop laughing only just now. You read agreement from that and claim to know anything about any subject built on logic? Have fun in your sandbox, but watch it when throwing stuff. Sometimes it comes back.

as you seem to be a highly professional software engineer why dont you come up with some arguments instead of empty phrases?

Back