News: Preview of Upcoming Interface Changes

i know it's a bit much to ask MA for resizable windows, but please make at least storage and inventory of the same width.

while you're at it, please scramble all items again, that was quite funny! :laugh:

Not really a fan of minimalistic UIs ... maybe because I have seen too many of them in the past 40 years (ZX81 and Spectrum had the most minimalistic UIs one could imagine) :D
Searchable action library is nice.
Inventory...not really sure....is that an Imperial Insgnia for the general stuff? And one is just for greek helmets? Anyway....something one can get used to.
Action icons at the bottom....I think a one pixel white border would do them good. Hard to distinguish.
Tracked missions, not really sure if they are more readable now.
Skills...ok
Settings... readable and clear

Map...two sizes is definately wrong, Not to mention that I suspect thre will be not more zoom options and a search option in it will probaly also be not included.

Might be alone here, but rather than a minimalisitc approach I would prefer a highly modable approach.
Aa long as I am on 1080p on 48" (aka till Radeon 8k) I would like to be able to put a size on different things. Inventory would be nice if the the side tab icons were scable. Would also not mind if any windows was resizable like chat. Some might prefer rahter a horizontal layout, some vertical, some squared.

All in all....reminds me a bit of the old minmalistic UIs, abit like the screenshots from beta

looks nice.. at 1st glance i notice the lootable/pvp etc icons are removed from the radar.. i hope they or something equiv is visible someplace cuz we all know the onscreen msgs are way off n unreliable!

We will not be able to put any icon wherever we want anymore? Please tell me I'm wrong @Ludvig|MindArk
Gonna have to agree w/ this. Also w/ the comments about the less maps sizes.

As I said before, any time you remove choices for us, you are going in the wrong direction.

Also the icons bottom left.

Please look at screenshots in many globals
And notice how many of us have their icons top vs bottom.

Will we still be able to drag icons for weapons/tools anywhere on our screen to make action buttons? Or is that going away in favor of hard-coded spots?

- scalability of the text pls, especially for 4k resolutions
Please make sure the text is scalable and large enough for us older players to read.
and make a "scale ui" button so we can decide how biug we want buttons and text in chats according with resolution pls

i know it's a bit much to ask MA for resizable windows, but please make at least storage and inventory of the same width.
Aa long as I am on 1080p on 48" (aka till Radeon 8k) I would like to be able to put a size on different things.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes!

Can you spot the pattern?

The ppl at MindArk seem to be the last (wo)men in gaming industry who use 1024x768 monitors.
4K is becoming standard now, with 8K already at the horizon.

Knowing about the speed of developement at MA, please make the windows and text resizable to cover the next upcoming 4 generations (at least!) of standard resolutions!

And PLEASE dont waste your minuscle resources to create something that already was outdated in 2010!
The paying customers who can afford to play your game dont play it on 15 year old laptops.

Last edited:
How About Rings Buffs On Top Of The Radar ?

Top Right Corner Seem Too Far Out .

should UI rework maybe also look into the client loader?

at least get rid of the internet explorer controls ... on microsoft windows systems there's a thing now called standard apps. no joke!

I just want to be VERY clear here.
The design of Action Bar interface has been made more similar to familiar MMO conventions
Look, don't try to copy other MMOs. You aren't other MMOs.
If you see something and you think "hhmm, that would really improve Entropia" great, go for it.
BUT, if you are thinking "We need to copy other MMOs", STOP!! Red alert!! Wrong!!! Don't do it!!!

If you see something and you think "hhmm, that would really improve Entropia" great, go for it.
BUT, if you are thinking "We need to copy other MMOs", STOP!! Red alert!! Wrong!!! Don't do it!!!

Yeah I agree. Project Entropia and Entropia Universe have always had a unique feel compared to others.

I like the simplified look of the UI. Maybe change the bomb icon to a crosshair target icon for the weapons section of the inventory would make more sense. The tracked missions font and stroke as shown makes it difficult to read. Like others have said make the radar target opaque. Increase the resolution of the maps so you can zoom into locations effectively. I don't mind the color scheme of the other panels and the layout of the items seems logical. Give your icons and panels that little touch of "EU-ness" and make it your own.

jcb3AOw.png

Please change the weapon icon from a bomb to something else, a gun, sword, or fist? Really there are not many bombs in this game and I just don't like the image. That's my feedback.
Rest looks great - sci-fi looking, fresh, and not too drastic of a change.
Nice!
This was my first impression aswell. I also think the Centurion Helmet is a little off base as well.
But certainly the Nuke image is way off. Reminds me of Fallout

Can the bar on the bottom be hidden?
Would be nice to be able to hide chat as well without having to turn off dashboard. Can you still turn off dashboard for Screenshots?

Please add undo and search function for Sticky Notes and Notes in Codex would be incredible,

Hopefully this update also addresses the issue of not being able to grab graphically small items in the open space of Shopkeepers and Storageboxes.

Last edited:
Looks pretty good in general. Nice and clean, and consistent, which is very different to now!

Like others, I'm not keen on the inventory icons.

The skills window looks quite difficult to read. The numbers are too far away from the names. It would be better to swap the Rank and Points columns. Maybe even an option to hide the Rank column as it's kinda pointless.

An option to change radar opacity would be very welcome.

It's a bullet, maybe you need glasses too :D
The image in Inventory for the Weapons tab is not a bullet, it is clearly an Atom Bomb/Nuke.
There is a bullet in the dashboard though for equiped item on the bottom.
You must be confusted ;)

A Centurion Helmet over an Atom Bomb for inventory tabs is so inconsistent. Both should be changed imo

I dont like it at all. Glad I sold everything and withrew after the initial warning about ui update.

No global on EL.com, joined January 2021........... nice Joke :D

Edit: What is so bad about the News, that you so dramatically portrayed flee? :unsure:

Last edited:
Some of the text does appear blurry specially with the shadowed text.

Does the HP bar have a backdrop so u can see how much hp is missing or is it a solid bar that just goes down. I would hope there is a way to judge how much hp is missing.

There's somethings great about other games...

Agree but - they all FEEL better FFS man!! MAKE it so it feels better!! Incorporate some information LIKE OTHER GAMES. There is no reason not to put wikipedia data right in the game. There's no reason to let bobthebuilder data disappear. It would be nice to see a version of that Tiny Miner website data INGAME. LIKE OTHER GAMES.

So much room for improvement - I really hope its not just cosmetic. And again - all these great ideas!!!

Naomi said:
- scalability of the text pls, especially for 4k resolutions
NevadaJake said:
Please make sure the text is scalable and large enough for us older players to read.
Msturlese said:
and make a "scale ui" button so we can decide how biug we want buttons and text in chats according with resolution pls
theProphet said:
WoenK said:
Aa long as I am on 1080p on 48" (aka till Radeon 8k) I would like to be able to put a size on different things.
Orion said:
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes!
Can you spot the pattern?

I'll be happy when I have forgotten all the times I opened Entropia on another computer and BAMM all the icons need to be readjusted. Funny how no one seems to complain about that but the storage icons sure caused a SHTF storm. That is why all my monitors are 1080p now lol.

Was gonna say - he probably lived through the last interface upgrade...Really WANT to make this relationship work!!

First, the pics are a little small to see great detail, but we get the idea. Here's my thoughts

index.php

The tracked missions: Hello no. White w/ blurry overshadow on transparent means impossible to read as is regardless of background. Even your test pic shows the problem.
Just make it like the other interfaces. Like you said, consistency.

index.php

The chat panels: Same thing. The transparency + various font colors = likely to be unreadable in many situations.

index.php

Tab icons, starting from top down:
  • Money: Make it PED, "P" or Entropia "E" logo in coin, not "$"
  • Clothes: Fine
  • Armor: Meh. It's fine, but not loving it.
  • Weapon: I have to agree w/ Davin. The "weapon" icon, while weapon-centric, isn't Entropia-centric. A sword, gun, bullet, something else, please.
  • Gear: That's a hard one. These days, many associate the gear icon w/ "settings".
  • The rest: Other than the folded map icon, I think representing the blueprints, the rest are NOT intuitive. I actually have to look at (or remember) current screenshots of the tabs in order to know what any of those should be. None of them immediately said what you think they should to me
Personal opinion: If the pic doesn't instantly tell a veteran Entropia player what is there, you need a new pic. Newbies will learn, but if you manage to confuse many of us, you should try again.
I totaly agree that tracked missions look, is bad here and same with the chat NO transperancy pls.

My biggest request is that there is the ability to fully resize the UI and have excellent options for customization.

I've been playing on a lower resolution for so long now because I can't see icons at 1440p.

Looks like a very nice effort so far!

good point... we love to look at Google maps in real life... make maps zoomable MORE
we love to see the details, and allow us to make MARKS on the maps
i would gladly mark the nice spwan of xxxx i found and find it again tomorrow
without a STONE AGE post-it bookmark

doing in dreamland i would have an EXport marks in CSV adn import mark.
a mentor could send the csv via mail and have the discuple with a commented map

while you're at it, please scramble all items again, that was quite funny! :laugh:

I'll have more later but this is so important that it needs to be reiterated!

WHY ARE THEY DIFFERENT WIDTHS IN THE FIRST PLACE?!? lol

Gonna have to agree w/ this. Also w/ the comments about the less maps sizes.

As I said before, any time you remove choices for us, you are going in the wrong direction.

Also the icons bottom left.

Please look at screenshots in many globals
And notice how many of us have their icons top vs bottom.

Really concerned about this, as it is something I find quite useful about the current UI. I like to be able to have my icons on the screen. The way MA has explained it, it sounds as if I will only be able to drag my icons from the action library on to a hot bar and then cycle through pages to access my different setups. Having the current UI allowing us to put icons of emotes and actions wherever we want is efficient and organized, not cluttered. Do not take away features. I and many others will be very annoyed by this.

Really concerned about this, as it is something I find quite useful about the current UI. I like to be able to have my icons on the screen. The way MA has explained it, it sounds as if I will only be able to drag my icons from the action library on to a hot bar and then cycle through pages to access my different setups. Having the current UI allowing us to put icons of emotes and actions wherever we want is efficient and organized, not cluttered. Do not take away features. I and many others will be very annoyed by this.
Agreed. That will be a huge step backwards. Massive downgrade in feature-set.

Will we still be able to configure our hotkeys? I like to drag various weapons to my number-pad so I can switch quickly in battle. I don't want to have to reach over to the number row at the top of my keyboard.

Also make each armor piece in all armor sets same size in inventory. Annoying as hell when helmets for some parts are bigger than others, etc.

Also make ALL ITEMS DRAGABLE IN ALL INTERFACES. Annoying as hell that little stuff like tomtebloss gets stuck inside of a shopkeeper or inventory box until you put a bigger item in there to drag with it.

Also, while at fixing the UI for God's sake fix the chat. Annoying that if you have more than one screen of chats channels you've opted in to you cannot scroll to them since the stupid UI only lets you see one screen and does not scroll.

Back