News: Nanocube Changes

Sounds great to me...good job MA!

did they ever fix the explosives decay issue?

as for the pills, auction, etc. talk here, just put a bunch more stuff on webshop so pills aren't looted as much from webshop boxes, etc. Some of the offering in webshop is ridiculous. After you buy something like platinum package you don't have a reason to buy a second package like that, but making a 'refill' option more incentive than the ammo refill might be good, etc. Kind of ridiculous that stuff in webshop isn't in a trade terminal in game, etc. Kind of ridiculous that ammo refill packs end up getting you pills instead of just ammo. Kind of ridiculous that you have to buy keys in webshop instead of in a trade terminal. Wonky that rates for depositing ped and buying ped from webshop are different. Stupid that you can buy pet name tags in webshop but they don't come with a brush that is a pre-requisite for using the tags. Dumb as hell that esi or something similar to them aren't in the webshop or trade terminal since Mindark sells this game on the premise that you can sell skills...

Last edited:
Please consider to implement some of the ideas from this thread as well for the benefit of hunters, miners and crafters:

Respectfully i disagree...
1. MA collects shop fees and Morey collects shop fees and reseller using shops pay some Hamster food for the bandwagon
2. listing on AH will ahve a HUGE impact comapred to the negligible value of a pill, so ti will be significative
3. if someone will sell in ah under the consensuis sale price, some reseller will pose HUGE orders to squeeze the price to consiensus (i would too)
result is just more fees, same result, same sales to usual hoarders from openers that want quick cash
so i see this a non functional solution.

as per recycling pills in nanocube.. nice try.... you can only refine to UNIAmmo, shoot them and after paying your 2% kill cost have items to throw into recycler... no free lunch in RCE :)

and this is not even a free giveaway to hunters...
Nanocube will rise the prices of gizmo, of armatrix and of OPALS and GARNETS coming from EPcraft
so a player will PERCEIVE a btter value but his cost to kill will rise.
with this increase cost to kill, box openers will demand a premium and ask for some more ped in term of pills and mayuhem amps

who will find a benefit? who already has an UL Weapon upgraded to the desired Tier, that need not Opal, nor (L) amps,
in which proprtion?= same thing, AH will demand commission and need time to unload nanos, so probably Twin peak resellers will manage Nano supply and demand and buy from ppl at 100.50 and sell to crafters 101 in normal periods, 105% in mayhem when just shrapenls come from monsters.

that is the momenbt where small fishes can make some extra ped recycling oils

in normal days a BP70 user can manufacture 15k nanocube per day, a modnanouser 25k so nano cube prices will be compressed in price from higjh volume cycler....that sell to traders to avoid AH time lapse

just my 2 pec

I like the overall idea, but my main concern is how this may affect residue prices used for crafting cheap amps, weapons, etc. There are already residue bottlenecks at times.

Now if nanocubes could be used as a sort of universal residue for crafting, that could be interesting.

I like the overall idea, but my main concern is how this may affect residue prices used for crafting cheap amps, weapons, etc. There are already residue bottlenecks at times.

Now if nanocubes could be used as a sort of universal residue for crafting, that could be interesting.
Residue will naturally go up.

Warms my heart when reading that kind of anouncments from Mindark

Yeah but that doesn't really mean anything if they can just "recycle" the Explosive Projectiles and residue back into fresh Nanocubes..
That would just be stupid. You can sell explosives for good MU and also metal res. Terning them into more nano's would just be a lazy gambler! 🙈

That would just be stupid. You can sell explosives for good MU and also metal res. Terning them into more nano's would just be a lazy gambler! 🙈
I'm sure there's going to be some of those peeps. MU on res will increase and for explosive projectiles. Along with most oils since some people are probably gonna start crafting simple conductor, plastic springs again I guess.

The economy "should" balance itself out with time though or MA are likely to make some adjustments again.
These changes should result in a more healthy and interdependent economy, which will benefit hunters, miners, and crafters alike.

Well holy shit - that's interesting. Next please let's have an interface to drain TT value of items!

Got a number of items I can't sell or where TTing is not a viable option but would like to be able to extract the TT value off of - even if it's not a 1:1 exchange. IE armor - would be nice to just drain the TT value off if it in a couple clicks rather than having to go stand there getting the crap beat out of you by mobs which you run to the turret for 75% of the value for hours.
I agree! The option to remove TT from items would be greatly appreciated!

It would be very easy for MA to incurperate this into this new system by adding a check box to return non-stackable at 0 TT.

But, be prepared for all furniture to be gray like cloths when not at full TT.

This would also open up craters to sell nubish items at lower costs to new players since they can drain the TT on items before auctions, etc.

IMO, this would be a wanted option!

A lot of them are lazy though... I know the 2 main Gizmo crafters just tt'ed the majority of their Tech Gizmo 7s so they can get right back to cycling it all over again without any delay, even though it's possible to get 103-107% for them on auction if you are patient and list ~1000 PED/week.

So Explosives, at what? Like 101.5%? Same for Metal Residue? Sure Metal Residue sells a lot more quickly, so if it was me, I would probably auction it, but only as long as I can find something else to "recycle" for less than 101%, which isn't going to be the case at all times.

So if Metal Residue is around 101%, than I think EP cyclers will likely just use it to get fresh Nanocubes and keep cycling.

A shame we cant recycle all plat pack stuff, but still an interesting change!
They really should allow us to recycle these, even for PED at least. It's a dumb design since all that ped is just being tied there in everyone's storage forever. It could otherwise be cycled back into the lootpool meaning more revenue for them. FFS in 2023 and RCE it should not have so many untradeable items.
Especially ones without a good reason for it. Like viceroy not being tradeable for example, when we nowdays have many better options.
Same with high TT items (clothes for example). There's no point in having such high TT on clothes, again TT that could be used for cycling peds instead. Weapons with high TT can just be rebalanced so that they'll retain same amount of uses but have lower TT.

It really is such a waste of peds really.

Anything you pay for with your ammo costs or any other costs , should be tradeable.

Completely free items such as christmas gifts , go ahead and lock those , but make them able to be deleted.

sounds decent. I can see it being like explosive ammo though, it's used to craft and you can sell on auction but mu remains so low because abundant supply. so maybe sweat turn into cubes but mu so low on cubes you'd loose mu sweat gives? just some thoughts.
i'm for sure good with removing TT mats to craft = unlimited supply.

They really should allow us to recycle these, even for PED at least. It's a dumb design since all that ped is just being tied there in everyone's storage forever. It could otherwise be cycled back into the lootpool meaning more revenue for them. FFS in 2023 and RCE it should not have so many untradeable items.
Especially ones without a good reason for it. Like viceroy not being tradeable for example, when we nowdays have many better options.
Same with high TT items (clothes for example). There's no point in having such high TT on clothes, again TT that could be used for cycling peds instead. Weapons with high TT can just be rebalanced so that they'll retain same amount of uses but have lower TT.

It really is such a waste of peds really.
it is a desired feature
PED are a liability for MA booked at 30% of issued ped value.
so the more ped stuck in game the more profit for MA develops at 70% rate.
every 100k ped MA can extract 7000 USD profit. it is not casual that UL Armor have max efficiency at max TT... it is for locking ped into game.

Last edited:
If I was an EP crafter, I would just take the Explosive Projectiles I just made and "recycle" them in the TT for fresh nanocubes.As an ArMatrix/Gizmo crafter, I will just "recycle" my Aninal Oil Residue and Robot Component Residue into Nanocubes since I always TT that crap anyway.

The dev team has confirmed that Explosive Projectiles, crafting residues, PED stacks, and several other potentially problematic items are not able to be recycled into Nanocubes.

I Feel neutral about this change it to be fair.....

Make sure to remove all nanocubes from inventory and replace them with ped when you do the update :D
I would actually like this confirmed.

Existing nanocubes in avatar inventories and storages will not be affected.

Well, now you just gave us more questions... potentially problematic items....?

Well, for example to prevent items such as estate deeds and event tickets from being accidentally recycled, or non-tradeable/non-TTable items. Also any items which would facilitate a closed loop of craft-recycle-repeat.

Excelent news for the economy as a whole imo! Affecting all planets and even get rid of those pesky low value Mined resources too. I like it.

Existing nanocubes in avatar inventories and storages will not be affected.
Wait really? So some people can stock up like crazy and then sell for what ever mu those have after? ... messi is gonna smell markup!

So what residues cannot be recycled, as I presume different bps using nanocubes might drop different residues?
What a bummer for that lowest mu one? ... - not that a closed loop would stay closed for very long!!!
Oh, you answered? All residues?!!! LOL
Hey, wait a minute.... residues can be used to boost to full tt, so do people use them to boost stuff they just want to tt, erm recycle, anyway?
Oh, and is a remnant a residue? So many important questions which need to be answered here... :p

Last edited:
The dev team has confirmed that Explosive Projectiles, crafting residues, PED stacks, and several other potentially problematic items are not able to be recycled into Nanocubes.

Ok that makes more sense then. So it really is MA's intent then to create a catch-all for all the TT food loot and resources that currently exist in game.

Does that mean that MA will no longer be "re-purposing" this TT food anymore? Cause in the last little while, they have been giving resources and loot new uses like for example in ArMatrix weapon BPs.

In any case, if it is MA's intent to really create a floor at say around 102% for even the TT-food hunting loot, I think you will have to do a bit more balancing so bring out the dog..

In the meantime:

Buying Growth Molecules @ 100.25%, Iron ore/ingot @ 100.50%

Back