Recent content by JohnBates

1. JohnBates

Let's record a YouTube response.

LOL! JEEZ! Talk about taking the fun out of it for me! I get it! I get it! OK! I'll leave the songs to Neverdie! :eyecrazy: And, I do appreciate the suggestions, the complaints (underneath every complaint is a commitment and I am honored you care about EU, folks, really!) and such. I am not...
  2. JohnBates

Let's record a YouTube response.

I want to sing, ok? :yay: Entropia Star... I'm through with foolin' around in the physical realm it's like the 9th freakin' circle of Dante's Hell This life could be so much better than it's turned out to be... Janner's voice: tell me what you want... I want a digital mansion that never...
  3. JohnBates

Vehicle report at Massively...

Check it out! I think we may see moer new users from this pretty quickly! :) http://www.massively.com/2010/06/21/planet-calypso-and-entropia-universe-unveiling-vehicles/
  4. JohnBates

Crystal Palace Auction Winner!

Congratulations Buzz! I look forward to seeing what you bring to Calypso: yet again, diversity! I love it! Congratulations to everyone who was in the bidding and congratulations to Buzz for gettin it! Woo hoo! More fun to come! And, I agree with those who've said they think highly of you. I...
  5. JohnBates

Glorious Dawn, have you heard it?

I thought this was fairly appropriate, given that we live on a planet beyond Earth. This really touched me, I hope you enjoy it, too. I have to believe you've all felt the longing that this song speaks to, that yearning as you vizualize galaxy beyond galaxy... First I recommend you go to this...
  6. JohnBates

Breaking news - eu hits headlines once more....

Bagman, ya make me proud! It's clear this writer actually paid attention, played, and also talked to some fantastic people in-game, and got some really good insights, perspective and understanding from it. I feel like this is one of the first long articles where the writer truly 'gets it' about...
  7. JohnBates

A Request for the Power of This Community!

Sledgy, it's not for months! The voting is now! The conference and all the coverage and new players won't be until March of 2010! So, you're right, no marketing this minute, but this is always in motion and we are planning now for tomorrow... JKB
  8. JohnBates

JOHN BATES - Needs Our Help With SXSW

Thank you everyone! Keep speading the word! I posted a reply to the bashings over on my thread regarding this - which points to MS9s extremely well done thread here! If you've been following that I hope you approve of my response. And, thank you, everyone who has and will vote! I appreciate...
  9. JohnBates

JOHN BATES - Needs Our Help With SXSW

Clarification... Anyone can vote, whether they're attending or not. The speeches and panels go up online and so they're available to anyone/everyone. As I understand it, this is how it works. If our community pulls together and casts a lot of votes that is absolutely how it is supposed to...
  10. JohnBates

OK, ok, I get it... My responses to the major issues I heard. Hello everyone and thanks for posting in this thread and being involved whether you love me/MA/FPC or hate me/MA/FPC. Here's what I have to say right now... First off, I understand in retrospect that it is unique moment to be asking...
  11. JohnBates

See my post... SXSW is next year, voting is now, though. So, I have to deal with the timing... JKB
  12. JohnBates

new panel suggestion. Uh, I guess I could. I certainly know what it feels like now!
  13. JohnBates

I think that for some virtual economies total hyperinflation, or maybe the more correct way to put it is devaluation is coming since they have no real grounding in the concept of scarcity and value. I think that some things going up in value/cost is fine, but if the whole underpinning comes out...
  14. JohnBates

Hey Loquita! I do have an avatar, but I keep my identity hush hush so I can just play!

Hey Loquita! I do have an avatar, but I keep my identity hush hush so I can just play!
  15. JohnBates

Hi all! I know that many of you replied to the thread about topics I posted a while ago. Now, I am asking you to give the two topics we came up with a Thumbs Up at SXSW Interactive. Deathifier has one, too! MindStar9 has done a GREAT job setting this up, so please visit her thread and go...
Back