checking "what's this at all about" I read here
Sorry John, this is reality distortion at it's finest. In fact MindArc managed to:
- create a hyper inflation on a few Uber items (Uber armors, Mod/ Adj/ Imp gear)
- kill lots of previous value of a lot of once expensive items (middle class "classical" unlimited gear, and some clothing) *1
- drastically and ongoing reducing the fun in their game, replacing it by steadily increasing gambling.
Add to it that you've hit the most wrong time to both doing any marketing for EU, as well as for asking the community for help.
MA has managed to create huge hurdles for both newcomers as well as established participants, choosing the well known most resource hungry game engine available on the market, and to add to it, implemented it in a way that even dwarfs Crysis, the reference design - EU might be one of the most resource hungry games at all today ...
And it's ridden with bugs and annoyances beyond believe.
If I'd be allowed to offer an advice:
- Immediately stop all & any activities that might cause EU to be mentioned in the media, for now. All & any - whoever would become curious, and would come to check out today, would be lost forever.
- Read a little here, maybe try for yourself - educate yourself about the situation.
- Then go on strike - tell your chieftains that any active marketing at the moment would heavily backfire. Tell 'em that huge parts of the community are very upset, and that the house is on fire. *2
You'd inevitably fail at the moment with any tries doing your job. To put you into a situation where you are able to do your job in a satisfying way, some other people have to repair first what they messed up!
You might not believe me. I know. So I say: try for yourself. Get yourself a fresh computer for about $500 that is labeled "ready for gaming". Install EU, make a new ordinary account, and try your luck. Talk to the people anonymously. Play what a "try-out" would play. Then try $100/ month deposits, pretending what you've seen would have pleased you ... Very soon you'll understand what I'm saying.
Kind regards, and have fun!
*1: To illustrate have a look at the long time markup graphs of two exemplary items, "Katsuichi Honor" and "EMT Kit Ek-2600". Maybe check what happened with certain paint cans a while ago. Even "small people" like me have lost thousands of PED's only due to MA's failed "maintaining value" ...
*2: You might become an epic hero among the community doing such. As you'd easily see reading this forum we participants, or at least a lot of us, feel ignored, and mucked around. Even if we have a huge desire, and interest, for this game (that we love - we're still here after all of this!) to finally improve, and to finally reach a state the great idea it displays would deserve, and to finally reap the success it could have, we, or at least a lot of us, have lost confidence.
We'd really rejoice good marketing, success of this game, bazillions of newcomers, and happiness all over the place, but the current situation is far from offering any opportunity for such.
So our hopes seem to be related to your job?
PS: +Rep as a sign of credit of trust