Concerns for the Future of Planet Rocktropia

I remember you saying a few years back how CLDs was a bad idea, having players just log in to collect payouts. Just because a player owns a deed don't mean they go out of their way to hunt/mine on those lands. With so many deeds out there it would be hard to choose where to spend your peds, to get pecs back in payouts.

The loot problem is more down to MA and not so much lack of activity of players.

NO 3. Really sounds like scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with 3rd reason. lol

You know what would increase revenue, increase activity, and get people talking about RT? Events. Mayhem, migration, gold rush, etc. When ND hosted Champions league you had many come over. Hellathon with in-game prizes, sorry ND people don't want music memorabilia, I do have my slash photo in the frame though. :)

I would have prefered ND gave out a share for an already existing land area and not tax another one. Camp crunk would have been perfect. As it was already taxed, great for zombie mission and ai mission. With doc's old zombie weekend events and my shop, i am sure shares would earn a few pec.

LOL your right 3 was totaly scraping the bottom :) And your also right im not a fan of deeds/shares either as it promotes offline income when we need more online activity but... they are here and growing universe wide and offer competitive advantages between planets and I personally would like to see that activity on RT as opposed to anywhere else so im changing sides!!! im all for rt shares now! rofl

Why do think this?
mere speculation dude, rocktopia suits well the profile. So far rocktopia is the last planet player know about, and its painted like a vacation area inside the universe, because the big money interest are into other areas. only a very little bunch of people were able to stay in rocktopia and fit within its very selective community.

rocktopia has been a moneymaker planet for many of us, being a tourist location makes people go there and spend more money than they usually do, or being less careful about the returns due to the different and alternative loot composition.

wat do i mean is this, if i hunt in calypso or arkadia, i track well the returns while hunting and i stop when i see loot is bad and wait for waves, if i go on "holiday" in rocktopia, i get a lot of strange items in my loot with insane mu, i dont really have a clue wat those items are for and if i try to sell them on auction for mu they will go unsold, so i just tell myself, its once in a while, and just enjoy the gameplay without caring about returns, i start joining shared hunt on kongs because i read in chat a call, and i actually end up enjoying a lot my time in rocktopia, where i do discover a really different playstile. The fact that people likes it no matter theyre returns on activities means that it is really well developed. Investing in rocktopia is like buying a house near the sea in a turist location, u will never be able to rent it for the full year, but once rented for one week with that money u will cover a year of rent.
It is the only place where a noob can find easy free oil and 3-4ped a day that involves hunting ai but sweating, it is very easy to solo sweat huge amount of sweat on solo mob with a low evade required level. Its full of cosmetic uncommon items cheap to obtain that attracts buyers in all the other planets.
It has hunt the thing wich is one of the most story developed quest in the game, that also gives a full suit of clothes a car and a elicopter and a flametrower. Its full of secrets that community is not happy to share but allows players to drastically increase theyre returns.

I love rocktopia its my home and my prefered planet, and if it wasnt for the disappointment i got i would have never left it. Im also still waiting to come back but that doesnt depend on me at this point.

There are a lot of stuff to fix, like the 2 main amazing quests like the hunt the thing for noobs and the prison chain in mainland that leads u to the antidote and eventually the dhampire could really use a way better and more complex story, maybe including some cutscene, after all neverdie studios is a holliwood movie director i dont think it will be hard to him to create amazing involvement on at least the main chains. Loot need to be fixed and balanced, and still many resources that have no use anymore needs to be linked to some blueprints.

So afterall, rocktopia is a crazy bitch ready to kill u while sleeping, but also ready to give u the most amazing sex u ever had.

So yea i think that many players will jump in the train like they did with cp shares, who more who less they will all try speculate a bit over it. I still dont think mindark will allow any rocktopia shares in the near future tho.

I do want to add for ND's sake....
Ive had a few chats with quite a few people on my Twitch streams about your content (you would be suprised how much ND music is requested ;)) and contributions to the game.

Despite all of the negativity and assumptions people can make, there are plenty of people who remember and recognize your contributions as some of the most impactful to date, with plenty off fond memories of what many consider the best event promoter still.

I for one would not be here playing if not for you being a stand up guy in getting a refund for those card decks (still the coolest game item I have ever received) to me after 2 years, and is the primary reason I prefer to support RT and you still.

Glad to see the post you made, and to know that your passion is still in the game. I have faith you will do what you think is best and that is all we can ask for. Just do remember, many many people love your content, and still value what you have done. So don't let anyone get you down, you still have plenty of fans that just want to see you and RT succeed.

No request here, and no complaints, just a solid show of support from myself and my wonderful Twitch viewers, just in case you forgot support still exists. ;)

Many dont like it just because of the owner and of his previous history with asteroid. But that is mostly envy because the planet is developed amazinly and uniquely. Yea there are billion stuff to be fixed... But thats another issue

Many don't like it because it sticks out like a sore thumb and completely breaks the sci-fi immersion of EU/PE.

Many don't like it because it sticks out like a sore thumb and completely breaks the sci-fi immersion of EU/PE.

It's taken a while but I've come to view RT as the "Universal Theme Park" of Entropia Universe. The few times I visited it many years ago it was OK but it just didn't float my boat aside from The Thing experience so I didn't return but some people really like it and call it home. The planets would probably be in better shape if space was developed properly in a more simulation like fashion but that might have conflicted with EU game mechanics. Interplanetary trade even to RT would give players a reason to visit and make it more a part of the system even in its current form but it seemed like space was implemented to silo each planet.

I've spent many years playing sandbox style and MMO style space simulation type games and there was something about them that makes you want to explore, trade, and build fleets. Space in EU is an untapped resource but I'm not sure if they could draw in players even with a major update given some of the latest MMO style space sims. There was a sandbox space sim I used to play and my favorite thing to do was to capture ships or make the pilots dump cargo to escape. This was many many years ago when I played EU a lot. That system in EU at the time would have probably kept me from taking a long break.

Maybe a Third Golden Age (TGA) will occur making the entire EU a more cohesive experience . ND, MA, and the other PPs might need to look back at the roots of how things all started and what drew people into PE in the first place. I don't think RT is dead but a lot of things feel like they were put on hold across the entire system for ideas that didn't pan out and didn't seem to fit into this virtual experience.

i agree with what ND said about the players being spread across the universe. and the problem gets "worse" as new PP's come on board or new areas get added to existing planets, without a commensurate increase in overall playerbase. i think that MA or the PP's, or perhaps both in collaboration, need to look into increasing their marketing footprint.

if MA wanted to, they could probably sell us the equivalent of "futures contracts" that tracked the performance of a marketing campaign for the game for a period of time (either a bounty per new user or a percentage of the first X PED depo'd). purchase of those futures could fund the marketing campaign. MA gets long term revenue, PP's and shareholders get long term revenue, and futures buyers get, potentially, another way to earn ped

thoughts? is this a crazy idea?

Back