12 $ to SEE 3D-Epic-Fail

McCormick

Deactivated Account
Society
La Faction Beta -LFB-
I did some Calypsian quests, I had fun with vehicles, I travelled to Rocktropia and ...and... and in the end I was so desperate, that I even travelled to Next Island.
(I never wanted to go there after I have seen the videos...but somehow I wanted to feel it myself today)

Thats 12 $ to SEE some 3D-Epic-Fail
(40 PED RT, 40 PED NI, 40 PED Calypso)

1st of all, the emptyness is impressive ! You call Rocktropia and Next Island Diversion ? Are you guys on crack ?

I can only imagine the awesomeness of planet Michael and how I will not travel there.

Killing Hollywood Monsters ? After I have seen Forum Trolls and the Vampires at the (empty) Evil Cathedral and Lemmys "Army" I dont even want to think about the monsters aymore.

The sound of silence...ahem I mean the call of Cyrene ?

What in gods name is going on here ? May the 10 noobs and 5 other players I met on whole RT and NI raise their voice in here to tell me how they love what I have seen. I dont care, I have my opinion.

Shame on you MA ! Shame on you Neverdie ! Shame on you SEE and FPC and vice versa ! :'(

What have you done ?

p.s.
No, Im not going to play another MMORPG. This is Antagonism !

McCormick

Addendum (1):

What happened to the "mature MMORPG" I was born in ?

NI & RT is nothing different at all.
Except for monkeys standing next to even more ugly crafting machines then we have on Calypso now
and a 2003 GTA online scenario with zombies and Motörhead 3D models involved.
Gigantic items that fill your inventory...
Everything put together in huge empty area, with empty buildings and no NPC interactions at all,
excpet for the so called quests (Go & Kill!). Just like Calypso.
Where is the (inter)action ? Hunting ? Mining ? Crafting ? Exploiting ?
Building towns in the skys maybe ? ;)
Where are the adventures ?

Why do we have all these huge areas filled with palms and oceans, just like in FarCry ? Helllooooo ??!?!!

RT still beeing alpha/beta after 1 year is nothing compared to the alpha stage of Calypso (happy 10 year anniversary!) of course.

Why do I stil post here ?
Entropia feels like a henhouse to me.
MA throwing pieces of bread at us, as we are hungry.
The pieces of bread become bigger and bigger every day.
We cant even swallow these pieces anymore, as they have become gigantic breads already.
Too big for us chickens. But we need that bread...

Last edited:
May the 10 noobs and 5 other players I met on whole RT and NI

Really? Was a lot more people both times I was on RT and the time I was on NI...

lol +rep

i stay on on calypso soil.
waiting to see arkadia planet , i expect a professional piece of work up there.

i hope they won't disapoint me.........

dont u know these are kinda not done yet :scratch2:

ppl who go there early should keep it in mind , lots will change with the time . and to me does it simple looks like a try out thing :tongue2: ... but cryene promissed us a full working planet i think ... lets wait some and judge later =) ?

Okay, remember you invited me to post here :)
Why do I like NI? The laid back atmosphere. The community. The pioneer experience. I like that Mr. Post has a face and history of being a successful business man. I like that I can read his Facebook wall and see that he sounds frustrated with NI progressing slowly. Considering his past success's I find it safe to assume that he will deal with whatever is slowing down production. I find it comforting that he has personally invested 1mil in NI. That gives him motive to make it work.
I like the scenery.
And most of all I like that it is not owned by SEE.

And most of all I like that it is not owned by SEE.

Why? You can say all the same things you said about Post about SEE, and SEE's experience is more relevent to MMOs/online games. SEE has owned FPC for a few weeks only.. can you really have anything against them?

Why? You can say all the same things you said about Post about SEE, and SEE's experience is more relevent to MMOs/online games. SEE has owned FPC for a few weeks only.. can you really have anything against them?

What I have against SEE is directly related to them creating planet MJ. Call it a personal boycott of SEE. I've gone on a couple rants of what I think of MJ, and in turn SEE because they are building a shrine to him. I have been warned about those posts though so will not repeat them here.
Keep in mind that I like planet Calypso and up until SEE bought it I still returned to hunt from time to time. Since they bought it I do not spend decay on Calypso.

R-T is nice and quiet , im on a holiday . Please dont disturb . :smoke:

Se u all laters :dunce:

TAC
Ice Cold

What I have against SEE is directly related to them creating planet MJ. Call it a personal boycott of SEE. I've gone on a couple rants of what I think of MJ, and in turn SEE because they are building a shrine to him. I have been warned about those posts though so will not repeat them here.
Keep in mind that I like planet Calypso and up until SEE bought it I still returned to hunt from time to time. Since they bought it I do not spend decay on Calypso.
A shrine to the king of pop is a heck of a lot better then a shrine to inflate the already overinflated ego of Neverdie.

Last edited:
A shrine to the king of pop is a heck of a lot better then a shrine to inflate the already overinflated ego of Neverdie.

NI is not a shrine to ND. NDS is just the studio hired to do 3d design and some small amount of testing. CND on NI was part of ND's payment for the work. Undue to popular opinion CND is not the only operating area on NI. All creatures that can be found there can be found elsewhere, aside from the skeletons.
So to clarify David Post is founder and CEO of NI. NDS are just contracted labour.

EDIT: I would vote for Prince to be king of pop before I would consider MJ the king of anything.

to you calypso is just another planet to us its home we never gave a ratsass who owned it we loved it anyway but you seem to feel as much love and acceptance for this game as people who play wow feels about going outside

and who cares if you know whos in chrge and is genuinly fustrated about the slow progress when theylitrarly ra*ped more players in a month then ma managed in the entire games lifetime

come to ni! oh btw you cant time trvel even though we said you could
time travel! oh btw it will cost you a fortune and surprise its empty nothing works and i hope you brought icedaggers
come to rt! exploit our mega bugs untill ma comes and saves us
rt is awesme! we have mobs that is designed to do the most decay
also insted of making more newstuff we added calypsos old so that mu crashed partially mas fault i give you that

ma has fixed some of their previouse misstakes but they still fked up loot and did some very odd things but atleast they did it under a long time span to let my a hole rest:laugh:

and then we have the nw management who is doing a fabtastic job atm if only the old stuff could return

and like lways id like to point out things thing sucks to type with and thehospital drugs could make me draw some very wrong conclusions .... my point beeing is that rt and ni are still empty and with out the love calypso brngs happy hofing love johab :yay:

I did some Calypsian quests, I had fun with vehicles, I travelled to Rocktropia and ...and... and in the end I was so desperate, that I even travelled to Next Island.
(I never wanted to go there after I have seen the videos...but somehow I wanted to feel it myself today)

Thats 12 $ to SEE some 3D-Epic-Fail
(40 PED RT, 40 PED NI, 40 PED Calypso)

1st of all, the emptyness is impressive ! You call Rocktropia and Next Island Diversion ? Are you guys on crack ?

I can only imagine the awesomeness of planet Michael and how I will not travel there.

Killing Hollywood Monsters ? After I have seen Forum Trolls and the Vampires at the (empty) Evil Cathedral and Lemmys "Army" I dont even want to think about the monsters aymore.

The sound of silence...ahem I mean the call of Cyrene ?

What in gods name is going on here ? May the 10 noobs and 5 other players I met on whole RT and NI raise their voice in here to tell me how they love what I have seen. I dont care, I have my opinion.

Shame on you MA ! Shame on you Neverdie ! Shame on you SEE and FPC and vice versa ! :'(

What have you done ?

p.s.
No, Im not going to play another MMORPG. This is Antagonism !

McCormick

Lil sis and me found a better solution: We shared traveling costs and she explored RT and NI while I was looking over her shoulder. Over all it was $8 for both of us (80 PED RT and back and 80 PED NI and back). In German we call this "Lehrgeld bezahlen" ... apprentice's premium. But it was worth it. We both now know that there is no need to go there anymore ;). File closed.

When MA introduced Calypso it was VERY much the same .... until EVENTUALLY things settled down. Ppl were bitching then about more or less the same shit as they are now. Cast your mind back, you think Calypso started off smelling like roses !? :wise:

So cheer up, this is the age of discovery right now just like it was back in the all those years ago on Calypso. :yay:

There are already at least 2000 threads of this subject. Search is your friend :wise:

When MA introduced Calypso it was VERY much the same .... until EVENTUALLY things settled down. Ppl were bitching then about more or less the same shit as they are now. Cast your mind back, you think Calypso started off smelling like roses !? :wise:

So cheer up, this is the age of discovery right now just like it was back in the all those years ago on Calypso. :yay:

Yep! We all hope for Ozi's Planet Arkadia. I would really love to become an Arkadian! Let's wait and see. But forget about RT & NI

to you calypso is just another planet to us its home we never gave a ratsass who owned it we loved it anyway but you seem to feel as much love and acceptance for this game as people who play wow feels about going outside

Your more then welcome to love Calypso and not care who owns it. In the past I loved it to. But I can not in good conscious give money to SEE.
Don't lump NI and RT together, I am not defending RT. I don't spend near enough time there to have an informed first hand opinion.
Remember when NI launched I posted in one of the threads that I would never go to another ND planet(at the time I thought, like most, that NI was ND's planet). Someone challenged me to visit and form my opinion so I did. The first day I didn't like it, my comments where roughly;
1)The only mobs to hunt are in ND's land area at 5% tax
2)The terminals are all monkeys
3)The mainland is empty
Second day I started to like it a little more.
Third day I was there the update that opened the mainland was released.

Bottom line I went there looking for a legitimate reason to complain, but somehow I came to like the place.
My advice is spend a few days there. I mean if I had left at the end of that first day I would probally still hold the opinion I did then.

Bottom line I went there looking for a legitimate reason to complain, but somehow I came to like the place.
My advice is spend a few days there. I mean if I had left at the end of that first day I would probally still hold the opinion I did then.

Lil sis was at NEVERDIE's NI for about 8 or 10 days. Maybe that's not enough to learn to love it ... roll eyes

RT is kinda phantasy of an infantile junkie ... sorry, it can be ticked within two hours.

these planets will have people when big prizes events will start!..till then...i dont see any birds flying around:p

I dislike MJ (post Jackson 5) personally, but crap... you can't fault a business for jumping on the licensing...

If you're gonna judge SEE, judge them on how they handle games you actually like the concept of...

No, I'm not a fan of how they do everything... with all the money they have tied up, and all the potential marketing of the RCE concept, I think they could have MA by the balls with and force them to pay attention to player demands.
______

I happen to be on my second trip to NI and liking it...

I also think Neverdie is a sexist megalomaniac and that Rocktropia is tacky and slightly offensive to the point of being embarrassing and detrimental to EU... and I say this as a huge fan of both music and weird humour...

no idea where i'm going with this post...

Maybe I`ll regret this but lately NI is the only place I`m profiting consistently from day 1. And it`s only on time travel materials. If I hunt anything else I lose just like the other planets. If I mine I have to leave to sell stuff which eliminates any profit. I like the tropical feel of some areas. And it`s a change. I got so sick of Calypso being on it over 5 years. And the past few just losing and losing at a steady pace. I resolved to never give MA any more money. I don`t care what planet it goes through first. And I have the money. Just not for a substandard experience.

I might last another year I might not last the week. But I sure as hell am not spending more of my money to go to another planet. Maybe if I hof. But that is so rare anymore I`m not even thinking about it. I gave EU as a whole a long time. It`s not living up to my expectations. It`s not fun to play something where you fail everyday. It used to not be that way. So for now I`ll take my few ped profit each run and see how it goes. When that runs out and I`m sure it will soon enough, as soon as they make time travel cheaper, then I`ll either find another way or just spend the ped I have left and start doing other things. I`ve wasted enough of my life in this game. I`m not hanging on another 5 years hoping and failing everyday. And definitely not throwing hundreds or thousands of dollars at it just so I can do good in a game. In my life it just does`nt make sense. It was a time diversion that got too expensive. I have better things I can do with my time.

So maybe it`s not just NI and RT that are the fails.

Can't speak for NI only been there once but RT is very time critical for players lol

If you log in between 08:00 and 18:00 MA time the planet has very few people between 18:00 and 08:00 its quite busy (OK not Twin standards but quite a few people)

And the past few just losing and losing at a steady pace. I resolved to never give MA any more money. I don`t care what planet it goes through first. And I have the money. Just not for a substandard experience.

I might last another year I might not last the week. But I sure as hell am not spending more of my money to go to another planet. Maybe if I hof. But that is so rare anymore I`m not even thinking about it. I gave EU as a whole a long time. It`s not living up to my expectations. It`s not fun to play something where you fail everyday. It used to not be that way. So for now I`ll take my few ped profit each run and see how it goes. When that runs out and I`m sure it will soon enough, as soon as they make time travel cheaper, then I`ll either find another way or just spend the ped I have left and start doing other things. I`ve wasted enough of my life in this game. I`m not hanging on another 5 years hoping and failing everyday. And definitely not throwing hundreds or thousands of dollars at it just so I can do good in a game. In my life it just does`nt make sense. It was a time diversion that got too expensive. I have better things I can do with my time.

So maybe it`s not just NI and RT that are the fails.

My sentiments exactly. I know how you feel.

I travelled to RT and NI multiple occasions..........some I liked some I did not. Some just seems very uncreative IMHO. EU is growing and that has always been a good thing IMO. Where you talk about "hoping and failing everyday" yeah that is where Mindark fails. Its not that I wanted EU to be a profit machine because I know it takes money to run everything it just the way its done. I've never spent more money on this game when I felt like I had a chance to progress and loot items............now it just grinds and grinds and not in a good way.

The costs to travel from planet to planet are just to high and if you get stuck on a planet where the content just rubs you the wrong way your out that money. At least if I go to a movie and hate it within the first 15min or so I can change movies for free or get a refund (yes you can do this I worked for a movie theater in high school) Here there are no refunds just "awww shucks" if you don't like Dragon-ass planet then you have to fork out more :grumble:

Mindark is the hub of this virtual universe and while I can't blame all crap content on them I can say I won't pay for what they neglect to oversee in all facets of their platform. Sticking their head in the sand won't work anymore so I am not sure why they continue to do so until badgered into posting lame responses because they have to put out a fire they created or allowed to happen.

oops sorry off topic:poke:.

Arkadia is the only planet so far that offers any glimmer of mabye doing things right. At least they seem to be off on the right food with story/communication. But who knows if they will ive up to expectations. Ill be amazed if they do.

However the retarded teleport fee will likely keep me from trying it out which is a shame.

The biggest problem with RT and NI, aside from the stupid teleport fees is the fact that ND keeps trying to leech players from calypso instead of marketing. I dont believe all the things that have happened lately are just bugs or oversights. They seem specifically designed to draw people over and entice them to spend the transport fee and then pull the rug out from under them so they want to leave and pay again.

What happened to planet partners actually advertising and drawing in new blood. It seems all but non existent so far.

What happened to planet partners actually advertising and drawing in new blood. It seems all but non existent so far.

I can't speak for RT's market strategy but NI is aiming to recruit new members. This is actually a bit of an issue among the players who left Calypso for NI. Since NI is being aimed at casual gamers a lot of announcements are made on Facebook and then copied to the NI forum later, usually by another player. Mr. Post has not once talked to the player base on the NI forum but he does on Facebook.
At the very least Mr. Post is aiming his strategy at recruiting his own demographic instead of stealing from Calypso.

On the other hand I wouldn't get your hopes up about Arkadia. Not saying that it wont be good but it's better off to go with low expectations, that way your not disappointed if the planet doesn't live up to the hype it's generated :)

Arkadia is the only planet so far that offers any glimmer of mabye doing things right. At least they seem to be off on the right food with story/communication. But who knows if they will ive up to expectations. Ill be amazed if they do.

I understand that Arkadia is founded by more of a percieved "everyday" gamer, and they do seem committed off the bat to better communication...

but how, when MA controls balancing, will it be that much better?

It's an honest question i'm asking, because alot of people seem to feel this way...

I dont think it will be any better, sadly. At least they have a good story going and seem to want to actually communicate with their potential player base. But that will likely all go out the window once it goes live. I have no hopes for it honestly.... But i commend what they have done thus far at least.

In any event i likely wont pay the transport fee. Im quite dead set against paying that fee.

...On the other hand I wouldn't get your hopes up about Arkadia...

I have to aqree with the above...
The last 4-5 months lots of players are waiting the arrival of Arkadia like a Messiah...
I agree that the Arkadians look more profesional than the Neverdians...
But....
Since MA does all the balancing and approving why someone to expect better results from flops like NI and RT?
I am afraid it will be one of the same....
The design of this planet scheme was wrong from the beginning...

Back