Question: 15.17.0 Release Notes / loot when alone in team

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
In regards to the support case quoted below, I have not seen any response in private or public space since then, hence making it public here. Does anyone have any further info on this subject, or did I miss something?

Hi San,

Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

On 2020-06-16 16:05:10 you wrote:
Hello,

in VU 15.17.0 Release Notes, the following new feature was announced:

"It is now possible to loot creatures when alone in a team."

However, it was never actually implemented. The community is confused over this, as the topic was recently brought up again on PCF.

Could you please let us know, ideally in a public response, what happened? Was it announced by mistake, was the decision reversed, or is there a technical problem with implementation?

We would be grateful if you could shed some light on this issue. Thank you for your kind attention.

San

If you are in the middle of killing a mob when the team closes, you can now loot that mob. You can't form a team by yourself and go hunting, but if you did that and killed a mob, you could loot it after closing the team.

Yes, but this is not what the announcement seemed to suggest. Were these details introduced with that particular VU? If this indeed was meant by it, I suppose support would have responded with a clarification, or an official already earlier.

This thread has now been archived.

The general consensus is the devs don't care.

Developers are NOT decision makers! It's beyond me why there's always the need to blame the developers. It's the management. Repeat after me: m.a.n.a.g.e.m.e.n.t. Management. They make decisions, they tell the developers what they should do.

And another thing: if something works as intended it's not a bug (see "management"). In other words: just because something doesn't work as we expect it to work it isn't automatically a bug.

The problem is not that it's not working as intended, the problem is that it's not working at all. Read the patch notes (their own notes) and test it yourself if you want.

And I use "devs" and "MA" interchangeably... sorry if it's not always accurate...

If we dont complain they never fix the small things such as this.

"It is now possible to loot creatures when alone in a team." It may be that lots of people wrongly thought they could now track loots in chat also while alone by starting a solo team, while the announcement was maybe meant to mean if a team gets closed while you are killing a mob, you will be able to loot that mob when it is dead.
That would explain why it never worked for me to have loots tracked in a chat log, but oh my, it's been one heck of a long ride of misunderstanding if that is the case. Stoopid hoomuns - or however the orans spell it ...

Yes, but this is not what the announcement seemed to suggest. Were these details introduced with that particular VU? If this indeed was meant by it, I suppose support would have responded with a clarification, or an official already earlier.

This thread has now been archived.
The problem that needed fixing, way back then, was the team being closed unexpectantly. Either the team leader losing connection while the team continued to kill mobs, leaving a dead mob that couldn't be looted, or people would continue hunting while still on the team, the leader would close the team with no warning and there would be an unlootable mob.

This was corrected with the fix that was implemented.

Reactions: San
If this is a misunderstanding, would it kill anyone to just say so? The wording clearly raised different expectations. What is it with support closing tickets without reply or just leaving people dangling forever? We were supposed to have left those times behind us.

What is it with support closing tickets without reply or just leaving people dangling forever? We were supposed to have left those times behind us.

It raise a question here... what's the point of opening a support ticket when minor or major issues are reported if every case are closed and we receive the exact same answer without any actions to correct it in the next few week-month-year ?

I'm stil waiting since month an answers why Harbinger wave's boss never appears (minor) and some are still waiting for major issue (Yog Pet Buff thread)

Entropia's BETA is over ?

Back