19 Years of Shaolin

Photon

Elite
Society
Shaolin
Photonic Edge
To all Shaolin, past, present, and future (yes, we are recruiting), I'd like to thank you for being part of our society and making it what it is today. Over these past 19 years, it's true to say we've had our fair share of ups and downs but I think we've grown into a well rounded groups of individuals who have character and are great company. It's an honour for me to be a part of such an historic and interesting soc. Here are some key moments in our history:
  • Won and held Oyster Island (nicknamed Shaolin Island) for the first 3 years of Land Grab
  • Colonel Akoz held the ATH for player kills for over 10 years assisted by ...
  • The Unique Legend War Axe, discovered by Akoz and owned by a syndicate of Shaolin members
  • Crafted the first level 11 weapon in game (Customized Kriegerum G.2 Gauss Rifle)
  • Regular high placings in Mayhem
  • Owners of Mothership Ticonderoga
  • ... and many more things I can't remember right now :unsure:
Finally, I'd like to remember those members who have passed this life, our esteemed leader Oberon, Colonels Bogie and Einar. You'll always be remembered. ❤️

Any word from Sound of late?

To all Shaolin, past, present, and future (yes, we are recruiting), I'd like to thank you for being part of our society and making it what it is today. Over these past 19 years, it's true to say we've had our fair share of ups and downs but I think we've grown into a well rounded groups of individuals who have character and are great company. It's an honour for me to be a part of such an historic and interesting soc. Here are some key moments in our history:
  • Won and held Oyster Island (nicknamed Shaolin Island) for the first 3 years of Land Grab
  • Colonel Akoz held the ATH for player kills for over 10 years assisted by ...
  • The Unique Legend War Axe, discovered by Akoz and owned by a syndicate of Shaolin members
  • Crafted the first level 11 weapon in game (Customized Kriegerum G.2 Gauss Rifle)
  • Regular high placings in Mayhem
  • Owners of Mothership Ticonderoga
  • ... and many more things I can't remember right now :unsure:
Finally, I'd like to remember those members who have passed this life, our esteemed leader Oberon, Colonels Bogie and Einar. You'll always be remembered. ❤️
I wonder at this sentiment.

Oberon and Bogie remain as Shaolin's members but Einar has been booted out. Einar's willed owner offered to close his account so he could be back in Shaolin for sentimental reasons for afterall that was his last rank, Colonel of Shaolin and someone who was instumental in the 2nd rebuilding of Shaolin.

But instead, this well rounded group of individuals who have character and are great company have closed an eye to the situation.

Having said that, I no longer trust this group of people to keep their word to add Einar back after his account has been closed.

After all they are only interested in ensuring their group remains in the top 50 and any non performing member will be booted out without ceremony.

Oberon and Bogie remain as Shaolin's members but Einar has been booted out. Einar's willed owner offered to close his account so he could be back in Shaolin for sentimental reasons for afterall that was his last rank, Colonel of Shaolin and someone who was instumental in the 2nd rebuilding of Shaolin.

But instead, this well rounded group of individuals who have character and are great company have closed an eye to the situation.

Having said that, I no longer trust this group of people to keep their word to add Einar back after his account has been closed.

After all they are only interested in ensuring their group remains in the top 50 and any non performing member will be booted out without ceremony.
If I may offer a possible solution

I do not understand the whole need to boot "low performing players", but lets assume for the moment there is some game-mechanic reason for doing so

could not a "Honored of the Shaolin" society be created, and all former (dead or retired) members be moved there?

I wouldn't normally respond to a comment like this that omits many facts of the situation, but my soc feels it's best we do respond to make it clear.

We would be hugely gratified to have Einar's avatar back into the soc once we can be completely sure the avatar is officially retired. The decision to remove Einar wasn't done on a whim or because of skills. As a democratic society, there was a wide ranging debate about having another human inherit Einar's place in our soc. We came to the conclusion that we unfortunately had to remove Einar based on our considered discussions.

In the cases of Bogie and Oberon, their avatars we're not passed to another when they died.

Long Live Shaolin! I'm honored to be a member of this society.

Back