1M Bombs Later

FilthyMcNasty

Stalker
Society
NBK Army & Senior NBK Council Member
Filthy FilthyMcNasty Depswa
So it seems like everyone has their owns blogs/tests running these days. I have kept up with Sofia's blogs for the last year now and she has inspired me to write my blog and test some things.

THE GOAL

Over the course of 12-18 months, drop 1M bombs on Amethera amped with OA-104's. After one million bombs hopefully my knowledge of Amethera would have grown to the point of helping me earn 1k ped a week. I really want to find out if using larger more uneconomical amps consistantly will improve profits over a longer period of time, hence 1M bombs. During this test I will TRY my best to be a non-depositor miner. However, I WILL drop 1 million bombs one way or another so if I have to depo then so be it.

To aide in my test I will be using NRF to log runs and skills and another program currently in Beta for keeping track of profit/loss margin as well. Of course for the benefit of my readers I will still post this info here. After all, it is a blog right? :)

Subscribing and I wish you the best of luck!!

Damn :eek: I wish u good luck man.

u really got 100k us dollars to spend? damn man can i pm u i need coupla things for my flat. at least ull have 1 grateful person irl. ;)
just kidding, gl on ur projects, have u remortgaged ur house or are u one of the ceos of those baks that went bankrutp but the management of which got lump farewell sums for managing them so well? :D

u really got 100k us dollars to spend? damn man can i pm u i need coupla things for my flat. at least ull have 1 grateful person irl. :))
just kidding, gl on ur projects, have u remortgaged ur house?

Probably he will find some minerals among the way to pay for further bombs...

This will periodically update reflecting my current list of equipment.

THE EQUIPMENT

I keep a OM-105 on me at all time. Now I will note my primary finders are the Tk320 and VRX2000. I do borrow equipment from friends and soc mates as well. I will note what finders I used in my entries. Also I will include the cost of equipment upgrades in my total profits to insure an accurate account of such profits.
Last Edited: May 3, 2009

EQUIPMENT LIST
Finders
TK320
VRX2000
OF-211
Extractor
OM-105

Refiner
OT-104

Last edited:
Ur goal is unrealistic from the start. U cannot drop 1M bombs within 12-18 months. It takes 1h to drop 100 bombs so even if u play 10h/day (=no life) u will reach 1M bombs in 3 years...

Not to mention that with oa104 u will be broke in 30 days tops.

RUN #1

(-) Deductions
300 Bombs
974 amps OA-104 X7
73.87 Decay
15.48 Auction Fees

(+) Returns
25.00 Broken Amps
1306.81 TT value of ores
1448.21 After Markup

TT Value
Ganganite: 3.60
Caldorite: 5.61
Azzurdite: 14.40
Copper 9.60
Megan: 44.82
Lysterium: 170.49
Niksarium: 70.20
Durulium: 160.80
Blausarium: 48.96
Narcanisum: 92.40
Iron: 47.58
Gazzurdite: 276.75
Zinc: 133.50
Belkar: 97.56
Cumbriz: 66.60
Alferix: 57.00

RUN TOTAL: + 109.86

Equipment Used: OF-105 & TK-120

I was actually impressed with this run. Had two globals both gazz at 52 ped and 98 respectively. I'll have the eye candy later on down the line when I get my auto screen working. Nothing works because this is a brand new machine I JUST built. I figure in a few days I'll have these things up and running for my benefit and yours :)

Ur goal is unrealistic from the start. U cannot drop 1M bombs within 12-18 months. It takes 1h to drop 100 bombs so even if u play 10h/day (=no life) u will reach 1M bombs in 3 years...

Should also be noted my wife has volunteered to play my avi at time to help with this test when I am not able to.

Last edited:

It would take 416 2/3 days to drop 1 million bombs without ANY break whatsoever. Still, even if you don't drop 1M bombs, I would be curious to know how you do going amped all the time. Hope you have a fat checkbook! Good luck and subscribed :bomb:

I hope to see results in 18months.. wish you have enough free will to contiune your test

Wow, I wish you the very best of luck in your mission!

Out of interest what is your mining style? Are you a Grid Bomber... etc

~Tracer

I wish u good luck and I hope that one year of dedication will be a good year:)...aa yes, subscribing as well

Good luck.. but agree it's unrealistic :)

You will have to drop for 18 hours every single day for the next 1.5 years.. leaves you about 6 hours a day for repairs, food, holidays, sleeps, walking the dog, occasionally working and so on ;)

wow, thats what i call a project! this will take some time until its finished, but all the best wishes and good luck!

Wow, I wish you the very best of luck in your mission!

Out of interest what is your mining style? Are you a Grid Bomber... etc

~Tracer

Yes I bomb in a strict grid pattern to cover the largest area possible. Sometimes if I hit very well in a particular area I will re-bomb small patches of it and also I double bomb globals larger than 200 PED.

i wish you all the luck and subscribing,

However 1M bombs is really quite alot, im mining quite alot since this event started, and extrapolating through a year, i would average to around 360k bombs total.

So maybe you want to step it down to say 500K bombs in 1.5 years, or 1M in 3 years?

I wish you the best of luck mate! I'm hoping to see that you can prove once again, that you don't need to pay-2-play.

Good luck, don't listen to others, drop 1million bombs, get 2million back in TT! Never stop mate!

Ze.

i wish you all the luck and subscribing,

So maybe you want to step it down to say 500K bombs in 1.5 years, or 1M in 3 years?

I may revise my time frame down the road. For right now I am sticking to what I have planned. Dropping down to 500k is out of the question. This test MUST have 1M bombs. Extending the time frame for completion could be an option later. But yeh, I can drop 500 bombs a day no problem, the last month I have been averaging 800 per day everyday.

On a side note, I am currently in the market for a major ore buyer or two with reasonable prices of course.

Last edited:
RUN #2 Bombs dropped so far: 417

Equipment Used: OF-105

(-) Deductions 521.24
477 Bombs +amps
117 Bombs
360 Amps 3 X OA-104
26. 23 Decay
11.01 Auction Fees
7.00 Equipment Purchased

(+) Returns 1342
9.00 Broken Amps
1140.60 TT value of ores
1331 After Markup
2.00 Equiment Sold

Gazz: 413.25
Belk: 32.70
Duru: 693.60

+820.76 RUN / +930.62 ALL TIME

NOTES
Purchase OT-102 for +2.33. Not really a need but time is money. 626 ped HoF :wtg: I had a feeling I was going to have a decent run but wow. I crapped a golden egg when I saw that. Now I just have to get off my butt and fix my autoscreen. Oh yeh also had a 52 ped duru and a 210 ped gazz. Looks like I'm off to a good start ( knock on wood )

Last edited:
gz on ur hof and ur idea. i think skywalker wanted to drop 1m bombs also but he gave up after seeing how much time it takes and went on to make a 100k megarun. gl

Best of luck to you :D
Subscribing :rolleyes:

i had a plan to cover whole of eudoria and that at 3 different levels bot ore and enmatter, even did a small patch but... with the introduction of cryengine all that knowledge will be worthless i guess so why bother now? better wait till implementation and then start anew.

i had a plan to cover whole of eudoria and that at 3 different levels bot ore and enmatter, even did a small patch but... with the introduction of cryengine all that knowledge will be worthless i guess so why bother now? better wait till implementation and then start anew.

I think that we will have Cryengine just when he drops his last 1M bomb...in about 3.5 years :p

let's see how it goes:)

Why should the ore/enmatters spawn change because of cryenginge? It will probably be the same.

Cryengine is a fully interactive environment, means no more claims spawning in trees :)

Back