2000 horsepower @ 46kph

Tal Maru

Mature
rofl i just got a spear and looked @ the stats

My go cart has a 5.5hp engine and does 50kph

This thing has a 2k horsepower engine and does 46kph = 29mph

Seriously?
like truly seriously?

just a lil hint MA, 2000hp cars do 200 MILES per hour (310kph for you metric peoples)

Go, explode your cool car, and then repair it for pecs. Even without repaint.

And not one time.

We're talking about another planet whose gravitational pull and atmosphere we don't actually know, right? Maybe there was some period of mutation in which humans became accustomed to it, but in fact the environment requires 2000hp to go 46kph. I'm not much on a detailed storyline, but something along those lines could make it plausible. I think...

Seriously?
like truly seriously?

just a lil hint MA, 2000hp cars do 200 MILES per hour (310kph for you metric peoples)

Just a hint:
Horsepower isn't a measure of speed capacity.

(Althought work capacity does indeed limit potential speed limits)

2000hp cars do 200 MILES per hour (310kph for you metric peoples)
I suspect if you could mod a WV "beetle" 1300 (i.e. the original version from late 60's IIRC) to not take off into orbit with such an engine, I bet that little drag-hog could do over 300.

A Formula 1 car did over 325 km/h with "only" 700 HP back in the early 90's. EU is (supposed to be) sci-fi. An old dragster (quite old, as today the monsters have 5k+ HP I believe) with "only" 2k HP easily did the strip in low 7's. Maybe even 6'es.

Then again, we are in EU, where speed of sound is faster than speed of light (this you can verify yourself), and when putting your car in reverse when at top speed makes it do a wheelie. MA and physics? Like a toddler playing with a loaded M60.

It's a hovercraft and people are comparing it to normal vehicles?

Horsepower says about the tractive force, not about the speed. For example, check the hp and the speed of the tractors that move space rockets from hangars to the launch site :).

This big hp is what allows the hover go up the almost vertical slopes.

It's pretty obvious the vehicle stats were not designed by an engineer.

It's a hovercraft and people are comparing it to normal vehicles?

Exactly.

A large majority of hovercraft utilize the heavier, but quieter, 4-
stroke engines. Although these engines put out less power than a
similarly sized 2-stroke engine, they are much quieter, don't require
a special fuel-oil mix, and sometimes don't require a gear-down
mechanism.

Large, military or commercial craft will sometimes utilize jet
turbine engines that put out thousands of horse power
as well as
large diesel engines.

Source: http://hovercrafthomepage.blogspot.com/2010/02/hovercraft-faq.html

Horsepower says about the tractive force, not about the speed. For example, check the hp and the speed of the tractors that move space rockets from hangars to the launch site :).

This big hp is what allows the hover go up the almost vertical slopes.

tractors or not lol. the stats have been stupid on all vehicles although they are well balanced for their current scenarios i suppose, obviously we would like to 'Fang' around the planets going light speed but theres obvious balancing issues as MA calls them, Hence we havent seen a Bruunhide in fuckin ages (well atleast IMO :tongue2: )

It's okay since VTOL and Quad uses a thruster the size of a grenade launcher to get them into space. :dunce:

Military hovercraft can carry 2 or 3 battle tanks around. This thing is the size of a snowmobile or PWC. But then again, the quad-wing only goes about 1/10th of the speed that you would expect it to.

I gave up thinking about this stuff long ago. I just pay my peds and blast pictures of monsters with pictures of guns.

Needs that much hp because it is made with really bad bearings.

Seriously?
like truly seriously?

Please... it's not kph but km/h ... kilometer per hour

Engine power ingame is just indicating the acceleration and slope climbing ability according to the model weight.
It's tied to cryengine physics.

Comparing to another hovercraft...the hovercraft mk1 , we have:

3 person hovercraft vs 1 person spear = same weight. :beerchug:

hovercraft has 25 storage slots with 55 KG max

smaller spear has 45 slots with 121 KG max - :scratch2:

Spear uses 10% the oil cost of the hovercraft. :eureka:

hovercraft has 88.6 HP Spear as noted = 2039 HP :confused:

Spear actually has something called wheel grip, the hovercraft struggles with even the smallest of hills.

Hovercraft has 150 SI (structural integrity points) :woot:

Spear has 1500 SI. :lolup:

And lastly the spear has from 3-6 times the resistances as the hovercraft. :smash:

I considered the spear to be the tricycle of hovercraft,
but apparently, it is a titanium plated super tricycle, with a magic backpack.

obviously we would like to 'Fang' around the planets going light speed...

Actually in space the Quad travels ~4x faster then the speed of light. Just in space, even light speed is painfully slow.

Actually in space the Quad travels ~4x faster then the speed of light. Just in space, even light speed is painfully slow.
Not quite. 1 AU is AFAIK the distance between the main planet and its star. You can not derive c from this. For Earth, 1 AU is approx 8:20 light-minutes unless memory fails me.

If we apply known physics limitations (which may be wrong, considering MA frequently violates these to absurdity), the quad must move at a speed less than speed of light, as the weapons it fires goes faster than the vehicle, and we do not experience any visual time-distortion when going at full speed.

In EU, either 1 AU is approx 3.48km (which is silly) for MA to not have lied about the speed of Quad (104.4 km/h), or it's 1km (which is even sillier, but 100% consistent with the rest of the system). I have not done the test with fuel consumption yet, but I think the result will be that 1 AU = 1km, and the quad only moves at approx 30.0-31.25km/h in space, which is way less than its documented speed.

As 120 seconds is the approximate time a quad needs to move 1 AU:
104.4km/h = 3.48km / 2min = 1 AU.

With the sun @ either 1km or 3.48km from the planet, it's quite obvious loot becomes incinerated, from time to time... :)

Hands up who is one of them :scratch2: 'Metric peoples' ..... :yay: :)
sry off topic, couldnt help it. The horse made me do it :)

Last edited:
spear's suck they cant take hits from spider trains like my valk can. I killed my first one in less then 5 min, Ill never buy one again.

Back