News: 2024 User Interface Update

Can LON/LAT be toggled on/off for the radar?
Some existing mining tools/loggers wont work anymore if it does not show.

This is an important point. LBML in particular won't work if the position, LON/LAT, is not shown on the radar.

LON/LAT (coordinates) by the radar will be added as an option before release.

Will hotkeys be limited to the numbers 1 to 0 on the keyboard? Or will we sill be able to assign any key on the keyboard to an action/item? For example, I use the Number Pad for many actions/items. Will this still be possible?

You should be able to freely bind any key except CTRL and SHIFT, as they will now work as "modifier keys"... meaning you cannot use them seperately, but you can for example bind:

Ctrl + O
Shift + O
Ctrl + Shift + O

Alternative to the current hp bar choice if you guys don't want to let us pop out current hp bar... There's something we have for mobs currently. I'd take this anyday over that blue hp bar.
index.php

2 minutes paint job..
index.php

Last edited:
i dont care, raise mine returns, rest dosnt matter [Moderated]

Didnt we have same system with 0-9 tabs like 15y ago? I loved the way i can put every single icon where i want.
Will we be able to place ikons where we want or we will be restricted to those tabs?
Like it was mentioned earlier, hp bar should have same colors like we have now, that blue bar looks bad.

Praying for visible buff icons in this update. Currently I have 20 icons appearing like small green dots and it's impossible to see what they represent without hovering the mouse over them. Keeping attention to buff use and pills running out is PITA

Didnt we have same system with 0-9 tabs like 15y ago? I loved the way i can put every single icon where i want.
Will we be able to place ikons where we want or we will be restricted to those tabs?
Like it was mentioned earlier, hp bar should have same colors like we have now, that blue bar looks bad.
I believe so. It seems like we'll be restricted to those tabs... This feels like 5 steps back imo. I hope they can make them all moveable each slot to wherever you want and hopefully hp bar will be possible to change color like that mob hp bar and hp bar moveable as well.. imo all UI elements should be moveable and resizeable too. Even the radar icons (dots) looks too small..

LON/LAT (coordinates) by the radar will be added as an option before release.
Thanks for this, this question was really up in the air. This is really needed for mining even if someone doesn't use LBML.

I stressed this on Discord to Morax, but the other key thing is that mining claim deed windows have some opaqueness to them. If they are transparent (like the current radar) LBML has a lot of trouble. It's somewhat doable for the current radar (see this part of the LBML tutorial video), but deeds get a little trickier.

If possible, since this is already planned for the chat window, could the opacity of wherever the coordinates will be displayed also be optionally changed? That would avoid the issue we have in the video above. If it's more than a minor undertaking, sticky notes still work, but if folks prefer less transparency for readability, that may be another reason to give the option.

You should be able to freely bind any key except CTRL and SHIFT, as they will now work as "modifier keys"... meaning you cannot use them seperately, but you can for example bind:

Ctrl + O
Shift + O
Ctrl + Shift + O
This sounds promising. Thank you for the response. Does that mean that any item/action box in the new toolbars can have one of the “non modifier” keys to it? Very cool if true :)

This looks very nice, looking forward to it! 👍

Oh, but one more thing (having a Columbo moment) ... Didn't you say that the UE5 thing would be a complete rebuild... How much sense does it make to continue work on the existing program if all resources were thought to be dedicated to the new one, were one not to speculate that this has met with some unexpected difficulties? Or is that silly and far-fetched 🤔

I would hazard a guess that UI elements are easily ported to the new engine with minimal modification. All of the game engines I've worked with seem to have similar features and ways to modify those features. I haven't looked at UE5 in a while so I am unsure what kinds of translation tools they have when porting from another engine but I think it would be a good selling point to make it as seamless as possible on the similar functions so developers can spend their time on the more advanced features of their game.

I like the new UI and any optimization that comes with it. I expect it will evolve more after UE5 but for now its something that can work in both engines.

wow this looks so much better, love it !!

I'd like to see a SLIDER in HUD OPTIONS for SCALING all hud windows.

Some people (not me) have huge screens, or others have regular screens with huge resolutions...

or alternatively:

Make every HUD window resizable, like the radar currently can be
So weapon windows, buff window, text window, could also be resizable by using the mouse

Last edited:
I would hazard a guess that UI elements are easily ported to the new engine with minimal modification. All of the game engines I've worked with seem to have similar features and ways to modify those features. I haven't looked at UE5 in a while so I am unsure what kinds of translation tools they have when porting from another engine but I think it would be a good selling point to make it as seamless as possible on the similar functions so developers can spend their time on the more advanced features of their game.

I like the new UI and any optimization that comes with it. I expect it will evolve more after UE5 but for now its something that can work in both engines.
That's my guess too. A lot of things in EU had to be done from scratch apparently to move to UE5, but things created recently can be designed to easily transfer over with UE5 in mind.

Alternative to the current hp bar choice if you guys don't want to let us pop out current hp bar... There's something we have for mobs currently. I'd take this anyday over that blue hp bar.
index.php

The new health bar is set to change color as your health goes down, So when you reach a certain HP, it will turn yellow, and then red as you get even lower.

This sounds promising. Thank you for the response. Does that mean that any item/action box in the new toolbars can have one of the “non modifier” keys to it? Very cool if true :)

You should be able to bind any action or item to any key except CTRL or SHIFT, and you can bind them directly from the action library without needing to have icons on the screen for them.

You can also have up to 3 key binds per action.

Action Bars & Icon Management:

Please add a complete buff counter that shows you how much of each stats you are currently getting by adding text with 8% crit out of 10% max and so on.
This will help the players to get a faster overview of their stats instead of having to hover over each icon that is showing on the picture.
Fast and easy access to your stats is key for comfort ingame!

HP bar: Make it so hp bar can change thickness and colours. We all have diffrent preference on coulour scheme. Enhances the players gaming experience.

Last edited:
I hope this change will affect map also and will make it bigger at at least it will allow us to zoom it more then before.

index.php

2 minutes paint job..
index.php
Yes... i do like this better now when i get to see it.

The new health bar is set to change color as your health goes down, So when you reach a certain HP, it will turn yellow, and then red as you get even lower.
So you made it so someone would only need to monitor one pixel to know exactly how much hp they have to trigger a healing macro... got it.

Btw you did not answer the scaling question about the icons.

Good news, I hope all these UI elements can have their transparancy modified/removed.
Sometimes it's difficult for me to see the "distance" circles on radar, even enlarged.

You should be able to bind any action or item to any key except CTRL or SHIFT, and you can bind them directly from the action library without needing to have icons on the screen for them.

You can also have up to 3 key binds per action.
@Ludvig
Will we be able to resize icons, buffs and stuff

I'm curious to see how this will come out, look like it will add a refreshing touch. Hopefully it's one step on the way to UE5.

Just to make sure no one feels overlooked/ignored here; we will continue answering questions in this thread, but may not be able to answer all of it. More information will come soon though.

Also, for some additional information; this is not the "final release" version. We are compiling and looking over all the feedback, and will of course double-check everything to make sure it works properly before release. There will also be updates and patches as needed after the release.

What does loot look like as it comes up (and can it be moved from the top left)?

Can we remove any/all elements (including the currently non-removable icons and found in the UI update in the top left)?

Where's the Health Bar?

Where's the Reload Bar?

What does the Message Centre look like?

What does the Friends List look like?

--

EDIT:

Can we copy text from UI elements now (like the Notifications in message center)?

What does the crafting terminal look like?

Just to make sure no one feels overlooked/ignored here; we will continue answering questions in this thread, but may not be able to answer all of it. More information will come soon though.

Also, for some additional information; this is not the "final release" version. We are compiling and looking over all the feedback, and will of course double-check everything to make sure it works properly before release. There will also be updates and patches as needed after the release.
Great job Ludvig and the rest of the team at Mindark.

I am impressed with the steps you have taken lately.

Personally i dont like the skill tab (its to simple) but its not a big issue tho, rest i hope buffs are more easy to distinguish.

Last edited:
here is my concern regarding pvp and new UI. rumors going around that it's possible to have trigger bot with current system, it is due to crosshairs turning red when aimed at target which causes the bot to fire a shot. can we have the crosshair NOT turn RED in PVP areas, to make it harder to cheat in pvp?

As someone else have pointed out, how is the new loot window? Do we get something new and fancy for this perhaps?

Would be real nice with a new look on each loot occurence.

Sorry, this creature didnt have any loot! But here, take this ice cream coupon and use it in Twin peaks at icecream vendor for a nice and cold ice cream! :D

UI is looking good! Although i am curious what happened to the previous statement that it is pointless for MA to create new UI for now since it all gonna get wiped in UE5 and redesigned once more that's why you abandoned work on that, what changed?

What does loot look like as it comes up (and can it be moved from the top left)?

It should look roughtly like now, but a bit touched up.

Can we remove any/all elements (including the currently non-removable icons and found in the UI update in the top left)?

You will not be able to toggle/remove the icons in the top left on release, though we may look into such an update later. You will still be able to use a button to hide the entire HUD though, if you for example want to take screenshots.

Where's the Health Bar?

That's the green bar in the dashboard in the center, at the bottom of the screen (below the buff icons). It will also change color as you take more damage.

Where's the Reload Bar?

That will be a part of the crosshair.

Back