90% Returns Still?

Infeliece

Young
Society
Aussie Outlawz
Infeliece Appointed Wildwielder
Hi,
Most of us have heard this theory (overall you will get 90% of what u have spent on hunting/mining/crafting back) and I believed this in the past with the peaks and valleys ive noticed mainly with hunting(im just a novice miner and casual crafter so i dont expect 90% returns on these activities).

But over the last months I havent noticed the 90% returned, It seems at max its 70% at best, and especially over the last 2 weeks i would say 40% returns are quite common. Now I play this game by observations, not tracking everything on a spreadsheet( I see this as more work than fun), but in the last month Ive had one small global and a few semi decent drops of loot around 10-25 ped.

I do try and mix my mobs i hunt (Allo, Argo, Molisk, Foul, Armax, Corns just to name a few)

Im just Wondering if others feel the same, I know my Partner feels like her returns have dropped, what about u?

Reactions: das
Hi,
Most of us have heard this theory (overall you will get 90% of what u have spent on hunting/mining/crafting back) and I believed this in the past with the peaks and valleys ive noticed mainly with hunting(im just a novice miner and casual crafter so i dont expect 90% returns on these activities).

But over the last months I havent noticed the 90% returned, It seems at max its 70% at best, and especially over the last 2 weeks i would say 40% returns are quite common. Now I play this game by observations, not tracking everything on a spreadsheet( I see this as more work than fun), but in the last month Ive had one small global and a few semi decent drops of loot around 10-25 ped.

I do try and mix my mobs i hunt (Allo, Argo, Molisk, Foul, Armax, Corns just to name a few)

Im just Wondering if others feel the same, I know my Partner feels like her returns have dropped, what about u?

Yes returns are great! I can see your frustrations (as with many other people on the forum) but the main cause of this is because you are either hunting mobs outside of your skill level, hof chasing, or simply hunt shit mobs such as the ones you have named above.

Haven't you noticed that most Iron missions are on mobs that loot virtually no markups? It's because everybody hunts that mob for the Iron missions and all sell the loot as dirt cheap as possible in order to go back out to cycle the peds till their ped card is ZERO. Not a good plan at all in my opinion.

~Danimal

Yes returns are great! I can see your frustrations (as with many other people on the forum) but the main cause of this is because you are either hunting mobs outside of your skill level, hof chasing, or simply hunt shit mobs such as the ones you have named above.

Haven't you noticed that most Iron missions are on mobs that loot virtually no markups? It's because everybody hunts that mob for the Iron missions and all sell the loot as dirt cheap as possible in order to go back out to cycle the peds till their ped card is ZERO. Not a good plan at all in my opinion.

~Danimal

I dunno, atleast for me both armax and molisk pay off pretty decent around 80-90%. The past week I have been grinding cornundacacauda and even though no globals on them I go 5-10% + every trip on them. Sure, small money, but still profit. No mobs are shit mobs.

Return will depend on your game... If u do it ECO, with maxed weapons u will get much better return then if u do it with tools u dont max...

You haven't seen the Atrox yet?

They used to be my favorite mob back in the days. Hunted them for months. They are no worse then any other mob.

~Danimal

What has this to to do with question made in OP?
Are You implying popular mobs do not give back 90% of spent TT Value?

If I understand it correct, we`re talking about TT returns and it has nothing to do with MU.
On my Daiki mission (9k/16k) returns are normal (close to 90%), but that`s on low level cycling and i have not been online at least one week, so things maybe dynamic`d, although i doubt that.

Simple answer BS theory ... Been playing since 2007 ... Have sometimes hit that when getting a hof or so .... But regularly 90%? ... Never got it! ... And I am sure a lot of people will agree ... It is a bull f*^% Sh@&$ theory!!!

Simple answer BS theory ... Been playing since 2007 ... Have sometimes hit that when getting a hof or so .... But regularly 90%? ... Never got it! ... And I am sure a lot of people will agree ... It is a bull f*^% Sh@&$ theory!!!

Yes it's total bs. It's higher than 90% on a average.

It is not possible to monitor actual return rate due to lack of data.

Basically there would exist two possibilities. One is to monitor return on a sample of avatars over time. Another possibility is to monitor single loot values per mob and dmg done, per drop and amp or per click and BP.

So what you're saying is: '90% returns is the rule, but there's a lot of exceptions because you do it wrong'?

had to try so i went out and killed 1 mob, it had no loot so guess this means loot return is now 0% ?

had to try so i went out and killed 1 mob, it had no loot so guess this means loot return is now 0% ?

that's couse you didn't do it correct.. you forgot to sweat it dry first:lolup:

This is outrageous MA!!!! :mad:

They said no looters will be reduced. :(

Hi,

Show us your numbers. Hunt a few hundred of them and follow the ped flow. We'll agree with you on any percentage you get, as that being your % return.

Keeping track of my TT return since I started the oro mission:

13392 oro's killed so far - 86% return at this point (TT value only)

- unplated gnome
- herb box
- 15 laconian (unl SIB) swords - 3 falcata (unl SIB) / per hunting session
- did some sessions with First Gen Electric Attack Chip IV (wich lowered the total overall outcome imo) finisher opalo.

These are ofc lower lvl mobs.

Anyone kept track of let's say: trox mission - feff perhaps?

So far in 2012 I've had an 87.9% TT return rate from 7,689 loot generating attempts (which is a combination of creatures looted, mining drops and crafting attempts), and that is based purely on offensive costs, or costs to directly generate loot.

Take from that what you will...

Keeping track of my TT return since I started the oro mission:

13392 oro's killed so far - 86% return at this point (TT value only)

- unplated gnome
- herb box
- 15 laconian (unl SIB) swords - 3 falcata (unl SIB) / per hunting session
- did some sessions with First Gen Electric Attack Chip IV (wich lowered the total overall outcome imo) finisher opalo.

These are ofc lower lvl mobs.

Anyone kept track of let's say: trox mission - feff perhaps?

Yeah, I kept around 2 months of drones being as optimized eco wise as I could, doing somwhere around 20k of them 2 years ago or so, TT return was around 94%, after markup it was, well, higher. I don't have the full data anymore since computer crashed, but I did post the total amount of every type of loot on the forum somewhere.

Hi,

Actually my advice would be exactly the opposite, you must focusing on a mob in a specific area. The value of the loot TT shall be increased until closer to 90% as the consumption of ammo and decay increases. Sessions should not be less than the 150/200 PED (for the sum of both values: ammo and decay​​) to achieve an acceptable return. In addition, you should have enough PEDs to withstand three or more sessions with losses until one medium global (90 PED + or -) allow you the payback in ammo and decay. You must use only maxed weapons and hunt mobs, if you can, that give objets with MU.

I´m making de 1K Atrox mission and this are my results (entropiatracker) (Yes, I know, the Atrox not deliver objects with MU but gives good average globals (more than 90PED/global) ;) :
Atrox
Young
138 PED
Monday, April 23, 2012 21:51
Atrox
Provider
54 PED
Thursday, April 19, 2012 22:33
Atrox
Old
58 PED
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 22:31
Atrax
Young
76 PED
Sunday, April 15, 2012 14:33
Atrox
Old
203 PED
Sunday, April 08, 2012 21:48
Atrox
Mature
62 PED
Sunday, April 08, 2012 21:11
Traeskeron
Stalker
59 PED
Saturday, March 17, 2012 18:41
Traeskeron
Stalker
214 PED
Thursday, March 15, 2012 01:39
Atrox
Mature
73 PED
Sunday, March 11, 2012 20:41
Atrox
Provider
213 PED
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 02:25
Atrox
Guardian
67 PED
Sunday, March 04, 2012 13:47
Atrox
Mature
79 PED
Sunday, March 04, 2012 13:23
Atrox
Provider
90 PED
Thursday, March 01, 2012 22:33
Atrox
Provider
80 PED
Thursday, March 01, 2012 22:31
Atrox
Old
181 PED
Thursday, March 01, 2012 02:49
Atrox
Mature
68 PED
Monday, February 27, 2012 19:41
Atrox
Provider
53 PED
Thursday, February 23, 2012 20:17
Atrox
Old
127 PED
Thursday, February 23, 2012 20:07
Atrox
Dominant
127 PED
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:55
Atrox
Provider
53 PED
Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:53

Last edited:

~Danimal

He wasn't talking about returns after markup, though. Average TT returns don't depend on what mob you're hunting (hunting equipment and skills aside). Also, he only said he hunts small mobs, so I don't think he's playing outside his skills.

He wasn't talking about returns after markup, though. Average TT returns don't depend on what mob you're hunting (hunting equipment and skills aside). Also, he only said he hunts small mobs, so I don't think he's playing outside his skills.

Average TT returns do depend on what mob you're hunting and your setup. I generally get better returns over time on higher health, low regen mobs than I do on really small mobs. I believe you waste a lot more on overkill with small mobs. doing 11-15 damage to a 10 health carabok repeatedly is a lot more wasteful than doing 310 damage to a 300 health argo, for example.

Average TT returns do depend on what mob you're hunting and your setup. I generally get better returns over time on higher health, low regen mobs than I do on really small mobs. I believe you waste a lot more on overkill with small mobs. doing 11-15 damage to a 10 health carabok repeatedly is a lot more wasteful than doing 310 damage to a 300 health argo, for example.

That's why I said equipment and skills aside, I meant it in a more theoretical way. In practice you are right, though.

90% Returns Still?

Returns over the life of my avatar:

82.48596701524302746251329835620463484613295067259 5421 %

Calculated using my supa-dupa chromosomion jacka-wacka-calckalator.

Data verified by "The Count", I hope this helps.

Yes it's total bs. It's higher than 90% on a average.

Mine loot over the last year has been over closer to 95%-97% tt return. I always used maxed weapons/higher evade then i need. I try to avoid huntung mobs I have to heal alot to hunt them..... means you are not ready gear/ skill wise ti hunt thein my op.

Ok so a few people say its 90% ... It has to be true !!! ... Wow... How NAIVE are some people here.

Ok so a few people say its 90% ... It has to be true !!! ... Wow... How NAIVE are some people here.
Not taking a stab at you here, but I assume you have kept a long term log? You seem to be very sure it's not 90%.

Sunny, I dont think the 90% return on TT happens when you craft on condition, which I seem to recall you doing.

I do know that I do get an average around 90% return on TT when hunting using maxed weapons, unamped mining, and crafting on quantity with maxed bp's, as I kept a log for 2 months last year to test this for myself.

Back