A couple of tips for starting players

Neophyte

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Alex Neophyte Zane
I am not much of an expert in any profession, far from it, but here are a couple of observations that helped me survive through starting stages of the game.

When your budget is limited, the right choice of hunting grounds is essential. Ignore the hof/global chat spam and don't rush straight to argonaut madness until you are ready to take the loss on a bad day. It's relatively easy to take these guys down and they loot well enough to be a decent low-mid level choice mob, but I wouldn't suggest hunting them full-time if you don't have some 200-300 peds stashed to help you live through no-loot nightmares.

Instead, if you need more reliable average return, choose an area with 2 mobs of the same hunting level. If one mob is hopelessly dry, second one might just save the day.

I'll give one example of such area. N, NE of Fort Ares with very decent spawn of Cornundacauda/Caudatergus. You can take both with minimum equipment - Opalo+103, Pixie. Basic stuff, really. Corn's don't loot many items, but pure PED-return is very nice for the mob's level. Caudatergus, on the other hand is not exactly a gold mine, but it can drop various paint and Vigilante set items on a regular basis. Together these two mobs balance each other perfectly.

Surely, this is not an "always-profit" revelation, but I thought I'd share something that worked for me at some point. Try it out and search for other possible "mob combos" if you hit a dry period. And share the results :)

Happy hunting!

around fort troy: exas and daikis
north of fort zeus: berys and daikis
between scylla and jason: exas, daikis and combis
around pandora: berys and sabas

atlas island north - snables and exas
get goblin, tt handgun and a104 and grind till you drop, usually returns the ammo in money and the amp decay in stuff

Well, these are great for cheap basic skilling, but loot-wise, I am not exactly sure, how far you can go on berys and sabas youngs :) Lucky hofs aside, of course.

latley ive come to love south of orthos west mound. it has trax young, drone gen 1, low level mrep and molisk, and to top it off it gave me my second global.

Back