A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

• Yes, a separate continent for noobs / non depositors is a good idea!

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • No, I like living on the same continent as noobs / non depositors

Votes: 194 74.0%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
they may not get the benefits of a vip lounge, but they still get to play the course dude :)

This is my final post on the matter / idea.

This has absolutely nothing to do with racism or discrimination.

If you want to join a club (golf club) and benefit from the member's lounge and perks you have to pay a fee to reap the benefits of the "members". The same is the idea here.

Are you going to call the owners of the club racist and discrimatory because they won't let you in the lounge and offer the perks to you because you're not paying a fee? (subscription).

Similarly if you were to signup to Amercian Express' Platinum card you have to pay a fee of X hundred dollars per year. Are they racist and discrimate those who can't pay? No, it's a service they are providing and for this service a cost is associated.

hello, don't mix things, one thing has completely nothing to do with the other one.
THis is no golf club neither a american express thing, this is a game that works the way it is since it's beginning, implement your idea at this stage YES it would be discrimination, you are discriminating those who want to play but because some reasons can't afford to deposit.
Typical rich talk "yeah,i got money i can rule the world :rolleyes: " spare me pls...
And that wouldn't be nothing good for MA image outside this world...
"Entropia Universe, have fun if u have money, get lost if u don't.... :rolleyes: "
Remember what reason brings everydays players into this universe and most of them become depositers at the end...
U know, yesterday i saw a movie regarding nazis and Jew's and at some stage u know what the nazis have done?Ordered all the Jews to go into a small "city" they had made for Jews, so every1 could know where the Jew's where. What do u call to this? ISn't this racism, discrimination?
Now compare with your idea please and tell me what conclusion u have.

hello, don't mix things, one thing has completely nothing to do with the other one.
THis is no golf club neither a american express thing, this is a game that works the way it is since it's beginning, implement your idea at this stage YES it would be discrimination, you are discriminating those who want to play but because some reasons can't afford to deposit.
Typical rich talk "yeah,i got money i can rule the world :rolleyes: " spare me pls...
And that wouldn't be nothing good for MA image outside this world...
"Entropia Universe, have fun if u have money, get lost if u don't.... :rolleyes: "
Remember what reason brings everydays players into this universe and most of them become depositers at the end...
U know, yesterday i saw a movie regarding nazis and Jew's and at some stage u know what the nazis have done?Ordered all the Jews to go into a small "city" they had made for Jews, so every1 could know where the Jew's where. What do u call to this? ISn't this racism, discrimination?
Now compare with your idea please and tell me what conclusion u have.

There are hundreds of "Public Schools" and "State" schools in the United Kingdom. The parents who choose to pay to send their children to Public Schools have to pay a large sum of money every year in order for their children to benefit from a generally better education. Those parents who cannot afford to pay or choose not to pay have no choice but for their children to go to State school.

Those who go to State school have no possibility of going to Public school unless a fee is paid for them to benefit.

From what you're saying every single person in the UK who sends their children to a Public school is racist and that they are discrimating against those who can't afford to pay because there is no way the other children have the option of getting into the Public school.

We are not talking about race here or discrimination.

The idea was that if there is to be a benefit (people playing this game) then there should be a fee associated otherwise they can still benefit but not on the same level as those who pay.

If people don't like the idea that's fine, it was only an idea but there is no need to insinuate that I'm racist or discrimating against those who don't have the funds to deposit.

I would recommend a 1000 USD one time deposit.

:laugh:

Woot? I havnt read the whole thread, just some.
But really man, you must have been living TO long in
the EU Universe if you only want to let in people who
can afford to deposit 1000$ into a Universe that is made
up on pixles & virtual items not even owned by the participants.

Or are you, as as Landowner, just interrested in the profit?
This is just a question, not meant to pick on you. Just want to know.
Are you just in it for the profit?

If you aint, why on earth do you want VIP acces to this Universe for
rich people, and them only. Anyone that can pay 1000$ for a game is
rich. Every single one! I guess you wont agree, but its a simple fact.

:scratch2:

:laugh:

Woot? I havnt read the whole thread, just some.
But really man, you must have been living TO long in
the EU Universe if you only want to let in people who
can afford to deposit 1000$ into a Universe that is made
up on pixles & virtual items not even owned by the participants.

Or are you, as as Landowner, just interrested in the profit?
This is just a question, not meant to pick on you. Just want to know.
Are you just in it for the profit?

If you aint, why on earth do you want VIP acces to this Universe for
rich people, and them only. Anyone that can pay 1000$ for a game is
rich. Every single one! I guess you wont agree, but its a simple fact.

:scratch2:

It's a little to do with the fact that not everyone's Native Language is that of English. The $1000.00 is meant as an example figure; I could have quite simply said $50.00 or $100.00, there would be no difference, just the fact that a fee is associated.

There are hundreds of "Public Schools" and "State" schools in the United Kingdom. The parents who choose to pay to send their children to Public Schools have to pay a large sum of money every year in order for their children to benefit from a generally better education. Those parents who cannot afford to pay or choose not to pay have no choice but for their children to go to State school.

Those who go to State school have no possibility of going to Public school unless a fee is paid for them to benefit.

From what you're saying every single person in the UK who sends their children to a Public school is racist and that they are discrimating against those who can't afford to pay because there is no way the other children have the option of getting into the Public school.

We are not talking about race here or discrimination.

The idea was that if there is to be a benefit (people playing this game) then there should be a fee associated otherwise they can still benefit but not on the same level as those who pay.

If people don't like the idea that's fine, it was only an idea but there is no need to insinuate that I'm racist or discrimating against those who don't have the funds to deposit.
we dont talk about education here (even if you seem to agree that knowlegde, or rather more and better knowledge, is just for the rich; what tells enough already; just the fact that you point at this school system like "look, they have done it already, it can't be wrong"; well, the standard thing, if everyone jumps down the bridge, do you jump too because its right? ")
this is, at least for some, a game

imagine it wouldnt be, all the LA owners and resellers outta there trying to convince eachother to hunt at their lands or buy their stuff
just no players around anymore :rolleyes:

and you want to seperate rich from poor here

but i ask you once again
imagine you found PE, and decided to join
you log in
and find yourself at an island
thats nice for now, you go around a bit, and then hear that there is a way to explore more
when you deposit 1000$

or to put it straight, someone held you, cut down your freedom, and you can "buy yourself out" to be able to explore more

facing that situation, would you deposit?
and if, why ?

you would honestly pay ppl who just like you when you pay them?
(well, ya, there are some professions rl who offer some service and like you when you pay them, so, something to point at where it works in reality too)
anyway, that isnt the point

would you deposit if someone keeps you kinda hostage at an island when you spawn?
or would you go somewhere else ?

now, you say that it would help PE if everyone has to deposit
well, maybe indeed
but, i think the vast maturity already does

how many ppl are successful who never deposited compared to the one who do
1% ? 10% ?

and what are some of those who never deposited?
ya, resellers
now, who pays the insane prices of resellers ?
exactly, rich ppl who have to deposit more to get the items :)
so, one of those who actually supports ppl who dont have to deposit, or cant, are you, or who got the supremacy?
and i bet you still pay 220% and more to use your TP chip
do you think the ME comes from depositers mainly?

so, what could you do to fight those evil non depositers ?
dont use ME to tp or use MF

happy running to your far far away LA :)

so, what could be your next arguement, make sweat or rather ME bought at tt?
alrighty then

then you have some newbies at a closed down and isolated island who can basically do nothing, except they deposit and are set free

ya, if i would join such a game i would deposit 1000$ for sure
i bet everyone would, huh ?

is this still going on?

let me tell you a story...

one day, my husband came up to me and gave me a CD. "here, baby, is a game for you to play", he said.

now, I like playing computer games and have done so for a long time. I like "sandbox" type games and simulators where I can do what I want and not what the designer thought I should do. so, basically, I don't like quest type games.

the CD had the loader for PE one it. when he told me it was an on-line game I said I wasn't interested. I had a friend that playe dsome elf game that I thought was really stupid. also, I didn't want to pay a subscription fee for something I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like.

he told me not to worry and try anyway. why? because, it was free.

so, here I am, over three years later. had there been a threshold fee, I never would have even tried.

so, here I am, over three years later. had there been a threshold fee, I never would have even tried.
ya, thats what i mean

several ppl who tried it out before and sweated like hell, also became depositers

well, some don't and are successful

so, what about it ?
they worked for it, and it seems ppl are willing to pay for it
else resellers wouldn't exist, or traders, or landowners even

so, several of those ppl who never deposited also offer some kind of service (well, buying rare stuff and put higher into auction not really)

but some trade for hours to get a bunch of resources which will be bought by crafters in big stacks
gen, i doubt you ever stood in PA for hours to buy the stuff you need(ed) for your crafting runs and rather used BO at auction
so, you seemed to like that service

and as landowner yourself you (should at least) offer a way of entertainment, like events and certain mobs that cant be found somewhere else, so ppl come to hunt at your LA

so, what right do you have more to exist then those ppl ?
because you deposited the cash to buy the LA, or the supremacy?
then another question, when you go
what will you do with the LA and the armor?
sell and cash out? and with your skills ?
so, you take the money out of the game again ??

where is the service to the game then, since this would drain MAs cash pretty efficient
so, where would be your caring for MA (what you said would be the reason to implement this island) ?

ya, thats what i mean

several ppl who tried it out before and sweated like hell, also became depositers

well, some don't and are successful

so, what about it ?
they worked for it, and it seems ppl are willing to pay for it
else resellers wouldn't exist, or traders, or landowners even

so, several of those ppl who never deposited also offer some kind of service (well, buying rare stuff and put higher into auction not really)

but some trade for hours to get a bunch of resources which will be bought by crafters in big stacks
gen, i doubt you ever stood in PA for hours to buy the stuff you need(ed) for your crafting runs and rather used BO at auction
so, you seemed to like that service

and as landowner yourself you (should at least) offer a way of entertainment, like events and certain mobs that cant be found somewhere else, so ppl come to hunt at your LA

so, what right do you have more to exist then those ppl ?
because you deposited the cash to buy the LA, or the supremacy?
then another question, when you go
what will you do with the LA and the armor?
sell and cash out? and with your skills ?
so, you take the money out of the game again ??

where is the service to the game then, since this would drain MAs cash pretty efficient
so, where would be your caring for MA (what you said would be the reason to implement this island) ?

Try researching how the most popular mmorpgs out there work and how much revenue they rake with those that subscribe. Incidently they have millions of actual subscribers (fee paying) and those that don't pay.

Also research how they separate those who don't deposit and those that do and how it isn't seen as racisim or discrimination but fact that if you don't pay anything you don't have the benefits of those that do.

This game works the other way around where the benefits are given to all players - whilst nothing wrong with this surely you can see why I raised the initial idea of a new continent as it would enable a boost of revenues.

People inject vast sums of money into this game to make money. At some point they will want a return. Whilst the money is in the game the company can choose what to do with that money, whether it's for bonuses, new staff, dividends, whatever. The more that deposit the more they can make potentially if they invest wisely. Those who have deposited deserve their profits as they have spent time and money (at huge risk to some).

Those that have not deposited whilst having spent time here have not put any money in and are not open to financial risk which is why I think they should not be able to withdraw since they have reaped the games benefits for "free".

is this still going on?

let me tell you a story...

one day, my husband came up to me and gave me a CD. "here, baby, is a game for you to play", he said.

now, I like playing computer games and have done so for a long time. I like "sandbox" type games and simulators where I can do what I want and not what the designer thought I should do. so, basically, I don't like quest type games.

the CD had the loader for PE one it. when he told me it was an on-line game I said I wasn't interested. I had a friend that playe dsome elf game that I thought was really stupid. also, I didn't want to pay a subscription fee for something I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like.

he told me not to worry and try anyway. why? because, it was free.

With the new continent implemented the game is still "Free" - the difference is the amount of Loot that can be achieved, capped at 50 PEDs and that you are not able to withdraw funds.

With the new continent implemented the game is still "Free" - the difference is the amount of Loot that can be achieved, capped at 50 PEDs and that you are not able to withdraw funds.

under these conditions, I would have immediately quit.

under these conditions, I would have immediately quit.

Yes funny that isn't it? If there's a free lunch people will take it but if it has to be paid for then no thank you.

If however, people pay for something they should get their lunch + something extra? I'm inclined to say yes, you lot will say no, no doubt!

Yes funny that isn't it? If there's a free lunch people will take it but if it has to be paid for then no thank you.

Its also funny that all people in the whole world would prefer a free lunch before a lunch that must be paid for. We people are amazing :laugh:

Those that have not deposited whilst having spent time here have not put any money in and are not open to financial risk which is why I think they should not be able to withdraw since they have reaped the games benefits for "free".

By this logic, a person with no money should starve, because they don't have money to start with.

Real life economy rewards investment of capital, knowledge, time, effort, and creativity in varying degrees.

EU's economy...rewards investment of capital, knowledge, time, effort, and creativity in varying degrees.

One nice part about the game is that since you can deposit/withdraw money, you can use cash to substitute for time, just like in real life. Alternatively, you can use time and effort to generate cash and knowledge, which you can use to bootstrap your way up.

The current method is pretty ingenious: you get a chance to play for free, but unless you're up for a couple weeks of mindnumbing sweating, you have an incentive to deposit. That incentive works better than a requirement.

What would strengthen that incentive would be a way for mentors to loan starter stuff to n00bs without risk: the mentor tags it as a disciple loan, and the n00b can't TT it or sell/give it to anyone but the mentor. They also can't withdraw without giving the stuff back. That reduces the incentive to get around the initial deposit by scamming mentors.

it's not funny at all. first, people like free lunches. also, people like providing free lunches to other people. this is call co-operation. there's a famous parable about this guy who put together a free lunch for a great number of people from a few fish and loaves of bread.

I think you are mixing modes. people don't have trouble paying for their lunch, either. those who abuse the system, though constant begging, are usually shunned. there's no need to load them on the trains and send them off to a special place.

If however, people pay for something they should get their lunch + something extra? I'm inclined to say yes, you lot will say no, no doubt!

I'll say no. you paid for your lunch, and you think you should get something extra? hahahahahahahahaha. you received that for which you paid.

you're just upset because you think you're paying for someone else's snacks. perhaps, you are. if so and you dont care for it, then, you might want to stop.

Try researching how the most popular mmorpgs out there work and how much revenue they rake with those that subscribe. Incidently they have millions of actual subscribers (fee paying) and those that don't pay.

Also research how they separate those who don't deposit and those that do and how it isn't seen as racisim or discrimination but fact that if you don't pay anything you don't have the benefits of those that do.

This game works the other way around where the benefits are given to all players - whilst nothing wrong with this surely you can see why I raised the initial idea of a new continent as it would enable a boost of revenues.

People inject vast sums of money into this game to make money. At some point they will want a return. Whilst the money is in the game the company can choose what to do with that money, whether it's for bonuses, new staff, dividends, whatever. The more that deposit the more they can make potentially if they invest wisely. Those who have deposited deserve their profits as they have spent time and money (at huge risk to some).

ya, there are games with subriptions
but, in how many of those can you say, "i pass this time, i go on holidays"?
in how many can you withdraw cash?
in how many can you deposit what you want (even 0) and when you want?

and if this for you so perfect game is outta there
why are you here ?

this isn't a "go away", it is just confusing
you say there are games that work better than this and you play a worse one ?

i don't blame you to invest, i don't even blame you because you want to make cash
what i blame you for is that you want to seperate the ppl

there arent THAT many non depositers who profit with hunting, i highly doubt it, same for crafting and mining

in any other profession, you have to invest time, much time
if you choose not to deposit and get this cash in the game, then this is up to them
not up to you
it seems MA likes some non depositers too, since this lasted so long without such a change

those who don't deposit spent a far more valuable good here
lifetime
and they consider it fun to get the cash ingame, to work here for it

and if they would still be able to sweat and trade, the depositers would still finance them ^^
and if you take that way, you wont see many more newbies anymore

besides, you also stated the scamming would be less
whom do you think scammers would aim for, for newbies who have say 10 ped, and know what 10 ped are worth in sweating hours

or ppl who deposit and buy stuff without much knowledge?
or, as i would call it in that case, the prey

at the moment every day 150-200 newbies are joining, and 90% of those are quitting in the first week

the last 10% might become depositers
if you seperate them and cut down kinda every right they have
they won't and will quit too
as i said, i doubt that many ppl who never deposited are profitting
and if, they are most likely traders which give a service back and demand a fee for that
see it as stacking resources up for crafters making it easier to buy them
or sweating to deliver ME
and just that gives them the right to have the same options as anyone else did
they spent their lifetime to have fun

and compared to what i saw of ubers hunting, which deposit loads, and lose loads sometimes, these fee ppl wont make a difference if one person wins 10$
not even 100$

maybe i should anwer a question that wasnt there til now
yes, i deposit when necessary, and yes, i most likely will continue with that
but i didn't do right from start, i sweated a lot, til i got 100 ped
and i was so proud :)

later i decided to deposit, not just to get cash, but also to support this game
this was my decision

not MAs decision
and if someone had forced me to pay right from the beginning to see "joy" or anything else i couldnt see (kinda like buying something in a black box)
i had never done it
guess why i dont play this thing with orcs ^.- (nothing against it here)

but one charme of PE is the dishwasher to millionare option
i doubt it happens that often
and there would be far less ppl playing if they wouldn't be allowed to move

but i keep telling the same point again
i think its the main one, it wouldn't help imo

i apologize for attacking you (even if it wasn't that hard, but i know i did)
so, just to close this
i disagree with that idea due to posted reasons

Actually, I do have to admit that during this whole time, I've fully expected to get a -rep from Gen and he has not done so.

While we disagree on this subject, and I believe this gives an unflattering view of his personal thoughts, I will admit that he has not sunk low and (to my knowledge) flung -rep around. He had simply tried to argue his side of the issue and kept his comments public for all to read.

He has gained my respect and a :thumbup: on that issue.

ya, didnt get one too

til now :D

*A few posts by Gen later....*

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Quick! Someone get me the energizer bunny smilie. :laugh:

Well people keep posting so they obviously want to continue talking about it and I'm happy to continue posting to those who don't throw insults around.

By this logic, a person with no money should starve, because they don't have money to start with.

Real life economy rewards investment of capital, knowledge, time, effort, and creativity in varying degrees.

EU's economy...rewards investment of capital, knowledge, time, effort, and creativity in varying degrees.

One nice part about the game is that since you can deposit/withdraw money, you can use cash to substitute for time, just like in real life. Alternatively, you can use time and effort to generate cash and knowledge, which you can use to bootstrap your way up.

The current method is pretty ingenious: you get a chance to play for free, but unless you're up for a couple weeks of mindnumbing sweating, you have an incentive to deposit. That incentive works better than a requirement.

What would strengthen that incentive would be a way for mentors to loan starter stuff to n00bs without risk: the mentor tags it as a disciple loan, and the n00b can't TT it or sell/give it to anyone but the mentor. They also can't withdraw without giving the stuff back. That reduces the incentive to get around the initial deposit by scamming mentors.

I agree the existing method works well I was offering an alternative that would boost revenues and coax more people to deposit, not as what most have seen as me being racist or discriminating against those who don't have funds to play.

And yes, it would be excellent if items could be loaned to be people either free or for a cost depending on the owner.

ya, there are games with subriptions
but, in how many of those can you say, "i pass this time, i go on holidays"?
in how many can you withdraw cash?
in how many can you deposit what you want (even 0) and when you want?

and if this for you so perfect game is outta there
why are you here ?

this isn't a "go away", it is just confusing
you say there are games that work better than this and you play a worse one ?

i don't blame you to invest, i don't even blame you because you want to make cash
what i blame you for is that you want to seperate the ppl

there arent THAT many non depositers who profit with hunting, i highly doubt it, same for crafting and mining

in any other profession, you have to invest time, much time
if you choose not to deposit and get this cash in the game, then this is up to them
not up to you
it seems MA likes some non depositers too, since this lasted so long without such a change

those who don't deposit spent a far more valuable good here
lifetime
and they consider it fun to get the cash ingame, to work here for it

and if they would still be able to sweat and trade, the depositers would still finance them ^^
and if you take that way, you wont see many more newbies anymore

besides, you also stated the scamming would be less
whom do you think scammers would aim for, for newbies who have say 10 ped, and know what 10 ped are worth in sweating hours

or ppl who deposit and buy stuff without much knowledge?
or, as i would call it in that case, the prey

at the moment every day 150-200 newbies are joining, and 90% of those are quitting in the first week

the last 10% might become depositers
if you seperate them and cut down kinda every right they have
they won't and will quit too
as i said, i doubt that many ppl who never deposited are profitting
and if, they are most likely traders which give a service back and demand a fee for that
see it as stacking resources up for crafters making it easier to buy them
or sweating to deliver ME
and just that gives them the right to have the same options as anyone else did
they spent their lifetime to have fun

and compared to what i saw of ubers hunting, which deposit loads, and lose loads sometimes, these fee ppl wont make a difference if one person wins 10$
not even 100$

maybe i should anwer a question that wasnt there til now
yes, i deposit when necessary, and yes, i most likely will continue with that
but i didn't do right from start, i sweated a lot, til i got 100 ped
and i was so proud :)

later i decided to deposit, not just to get cash, but also to support this game
this was my decision

not MAs decision
and if someone had forced me to pay right from the beginning to see "joy" or anything else i couldnt see (kinda like buying something in a black box)
i had never done it
guess why i dont play this thing with orcs ^.- (nothing against it here)

but one charme of PE is the dishwasher to millionare option
i doubt it happens that often
and there would be far less ppl playing if they wouldn't be allowed to move

but i keep telling the same point again
i think its the main one, it wouldn't help imo

i apologize for attacking you (even if it wasn't that hard, but i know i did)
so, just to close this
i disagree with that idea due to posted reasons

Many people play more than one game - I'm no exception :D

And angers have flared somewhat with the posts here and whilst I disagree with what people have said here I do accept that people prefer the current system.

I agree the existing method works well I was offering an alternative that would boost revenues and coax more people to deposit, not as what most have seen as me being racist or discriminating against those who don't have funds to play.

Unleash an Atrox in Times Square, and don't take it away until 1000 people have deposited. :handgun:

I agree with Ion on a few points, having an Island to start for newcommers, as a way to learn basics (keyboard setup, tutorial, basics, etc) would be a rather good idea and improve the start up quality for new players, better than being put in PA straight away...

However, segregating players according to their financial/depositing status is simply wrong in my eyes, it takes away the meaning of 'Free Game' and what Entropia stands for imo...

When I was a newcommer, I met people who were far more experience than I was, people who inspired me to become better. If you segregate people by location, how do you meet people who inspire you? How do you tell yourself 'I want to be like X person' if you dont get to meet people outside of your skill level because you are stuck in a forsaken noob island? How do you tell yourself, I want to deposit X amt of peds because I saw X person using X item and I want it!

What kind of motivation would a newcommer have, to become better? Deposit X amt of peds if you want to join the X club simply doesnt sound appealing to me or motivating for that reason, if anything, I wouldnt even bother entering such a class.

People like options, when you restrict a person towards one single option, its suicide coming from a business point of view. Entropia's catch to new players is "Play for Free"- I like many others fell into this catch but I remained here long after and deposited because I felt motivated to better my character, not because I felt obligated to 'belong' to a certain class..

Ofc, I voted No :)

I think starting all n00B's at PA accomplishes the task of limiting their access until they can learn to get around.

When I started, the start-up locations were PA or New Oxford. I chose New Oxford, and the first thing I came across was this rather large unpopulated collection of buildings and a trade center. I wandered around looking for quite a while with no one to give me a clue as to how things worked.

Wasn't until I figured out the TP and went to PA that i met anyone willing to assist in my education.

IMHO, PA should be THE entry point, and when you get enough of a handle on things to get out and about, you can break out of the "n00B area"

I think starting all n00B's at PA accomplishes the task of limiting their access until they can learn to get around.

When I started, the start-up locations were PA or New Oxford. I chose New Oxford, and the first thing I came across was this rather large unpopulated collection of buildings and a trade center. I wandered around looking for quite a while with no one to give me a clue as to how things worked out.

This is the big problem as i see it.
Many new players just start to play before reading anything at all about the game.
It would help the new player a lot to just read the EU website and read some forums also instead of expecting the people in game tell everything which can take hours. They could at least learn the basics and then the people in game can tell some. To start the game and expect to be told absolutely everything is a bit lazy behavior i think.
I dont know about you but many even dont go through the menus, and that is a thing all should do the first thing they do.
Its bit like when you buy a new cellphone, read the manual first before use.
Dont get me wrong, i sure help new players if i can but the basics is actually easy to do by yourself.

Gen, my point is, those other games u're mentioning, work like that since the beginning, this game works like it works since the begining, doing that at this time, yes its discrimination.
YEs we have public schools and private schools, but a public school is a public school since the beginning and a private school is a private school since the beginning. Have u seen any public school becoming a private just because they didn't want those dumb poor students, and only the rich smart kids? or the opposite?
IF this game was like your idea since the beggining,it was fine, but since this game is like it is since the beginning, changing that now would just become a quicker way to EU have no more newcomers or at least the % of newcomers reduced significantly..
Yes i've played one game where i could not access the whole game if i didn't payed a subscription,i was limited to some zones, and i just couldn't access some other special areas,still i could get the loot like any1 else.Yes those other areas give access to unique weapons and stuff, but hey it was like that when i joined, i agreed with that, no problem.
Now imagine your are in that game, u payed a subscription,u had access to all zones, i didn't payed a subscription, i'm limited to some zones.
One day the Dev's decided to finish that limitation and every1 could access those places. would u like that idea? Other ppl that don't pay subscription from now on could access the same zones u have but u payed for that and they don't need anymore to pay for that? They got now access to those stuff that only u and your friends subscriptors could access?
would u think it was fair for you? After so long paying and playing those places where only subscriptors could go, the other ppl could have same acess with 0 costs, fair or not?
Don't try to change the way it works the world, because it will only bring worst results.

Noobs are to start on this "new" continent and as soon as they make their first substantial deposit (1000 USD) they gain teleports to Eudoria / Amethera where they can then gain access to CP and CND.

This could mean lag created by loads of Noobs and Non depositors are restricted to one Continent (A small farm of servers) and won't affect the rest of community that pay-to-play.

The non depositors can have their fun sweating and trading their way up until they are successful enough to buy their pass to the other continents.

Apologies in advance, I haven't read the thread yet.

I've always like the idea of there being a sandbox island (or spaceship on the way to Calypso) with tutorials and the like, where newcomers can learn the basics free of expense and profit or loss - before they begin at PA or wherever.

I'm not hugely keen on segregating the noobs to a separate island altogether though. I think it would detract from the newcomer's experience. And the last thing we want to do is have only newcomers experiencing lag. That'd be a sure-fire way to ensure no newcomers ever become old-timers ;)

I quite like the mix of new and old altogether. Of course, I can avoid the lag-infested areas like PA if I so chose, but I think the noobs should have that option too.

And, um, I'm not sure what percentage of the player-base have made a $1000 deposit but I'd imagine its very low.

Segragation, based on race, religion, or how rich you are is just plain wrong!!!

I can not beleive that a member of this comunity actually believes that this would be a good idea.

The beauty of Entropia universe is that you can progress from noob to noober to uber... and you can do that in a plethora of different ways.

I for one have a huge respect for those who have worked there way up through the ranks without ever depositing... It is way harder to progress without putting cash into this universe than the alternative.

Entropia Universe is not free. One way or another people pay to partake. Whether that is in cold hard cash or time spent it does not matter.

I am having a hard time coming to grips with how narow minded and arrogent the thread starter is...

And I can honestly say the if this is how you truely feal Gen, then I am afraid I will never be hunting on your land area again!!:mad:

The answer to alot of the points here isnt in segregation but in MA's hands.

Tutorials could be improved, Signs and maps could be revamped, overall better information could be set ingame. As well, there are great player sites with loads of information that could be promoted better ingame as well, I think it would help alot of things for MA to have a pop-up of approved sites to visit for in depth info...like EF, wiki ect.

Segregation solves nothing imo, it just puts the problem somewhere else, while affecting alot of economical aspects, and future stability in a negative way.

Regardless of the points made, Ill never see how segregation could be a good idea.

Back