Question: Abuse of forum Reaction Score system?

Status
This looks like a popular youtuber that make his viewers vote for his feets in wikifeet . His feet are not impressive but he have 7.5 from 5 score or something like that :D

Papa bless you all

I dont care about these reaction scores at all but I must say that I kind of understand what MEGA is trying to point out and the reaction hes getting just proves this. Instead of good arguments I see childish behaviour of some players DISLIKEing him, and LIKEing another player just to piss him off because of his OP. Just sad...

I would REMOVE the system completely. (Now dislike me to oblivion :wave:)

But what is the point of reputation/score on forum anyway? I don't see benefits besides someone's post ending up on first place in latest activities, but even that, i don't see the problem with friends helping out each other.

I think the "likes" work up to a point. What I think does not work is the stupid competition system about who has the most "likes". Because the truth is that "likes" are received for various issues and reasons.

Some have received "likes" for good opinions. And others have received "likes" for giving some useful service to the community. For example the forum about Creatures. And even others have received "likes" as congratulations because luck gave them HOFs or Uberloots.

Then the "likes" are received for very different things and cannot be added or compared.

In addition, that stupid senseless competition has served to fill the forum with fake accounts.

However, the "likes" without being part of a competition system do serve to get an idea of a good opinion or to give thanks for a service or as a congratulation for a player.

IN CONCLUSION: Eliminate mindless competition but let "likes" remain useful. :cool:

But what is the point of reputation/score on forum anyway? I don't see benefits besides someone's post ending up on first place in latest activities, but even that, i don't see the problem with friends helping out each other.
The point is the Highest reaction score top you can find clicking members in the menu of the forum: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?members/

And for this top the OP thought of bullying Bonnie and her husband for some wee likes on posts. I thought OP could not get in a more embarrassing situation after the tantrum he threw at Gold Card support removal but he proves me wrong. Again and again... He doesn't like the game, at every update he's complaining as if MA steals something from his plate... He doesn't play the game for a long time but he took the police role for the likes people receive on forums... He doesn't like the community's Discord where Bonnie also helps out with admin stuff and he often criticizes this forum's admin for not punishing people... One might say someone needs to find a more enjoyable hobby, eh?

Unfortunately there was a rollback on the reputations from last night, but from now on we know what to do. We need to take the bully's stick toy so he doesn't hurt more people with it, right?

And I wouldn't say only John Capital's posts are almost always great, but Oleg's too. At times wish I could send these guys some beers but I cannot. So Instead I will just "Like" their posts. And please stop judging my taste in music,

Just for some context, the whole reason this situation came about, continued yesterday. After this thread had began, more fake PCF accounts were created, trolling more of my threads and others. Swiftly banned by the admin team, I should add.

Unfortunately not just here, but fake names across several platforms. Coincidently all at the same time. It's horrible that there are those who have nothing better to do with thier time than trash the game and those who support it.

However the posts in this thread and the kind words will remain for me, and that will always triumph over nastiness and hate.

Last edited:
Just for some context on the whole reason this situation came about, After this thread began yesterday, more fake PCF accounts were created, trolling more of my threads and others. Swiftly banned by the admin team, I should add.

Unfortunately not just here, but fake names across several platforms. Coincidently all at the same time.
They got the award in lame.

Keep doing what you do, Alainax, the vast majority think what you do is awesome! (and more people should show their support!)

Last edited:
This list does not work or has a timer .. other protection against your concerns Mega.
I just tried with 50 likes, the result did not change. Shame. I could read another 3k of the posts.

This list does not work or has a timer .. other protection against your concerns Mega.
I just tried with 50 likes, the result did not change. Shame. I could read another 3k of the posts.
It has a delay; hovering the avatar name on that list will show you the updated reaction score.

Thanks a lot, I was just wondering what to do to fill my time.

If someone want to discuss my decision, please don't be ashamed.
Some people here and in the game because of their 10 years of play or more have authoritarian behavior.
Don't be fooled that everyone new is here for you.

Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of the potentially infinite genders, it has been brought to my attention that the integrity of PlanetCalypsoForum's original electronic Reaction Score system has been compromised.

...I have since been informed that the not-yet-mentioned blockchain-based Reaction Score system has had it's integrity brought into question, due to it being hacked, which was then followed up with an exit scheme.

......subsequently, it has also been brought to my attention that the recently proposed paper-based Reaction Score system has been compromised, mostly with phallic images.

Folks, we're going back to talley sticks. Permanently.

6095076e7e72b.jpg

IT is a game we need to relax and have fun.

John Black Knight.... easy... if he dont put a thumb up on wife post she will torment him... as a merried man i 100% understand him :)

evey dont like your music, Mega.. it is a matter of fact..... :)

PPL negatively reacting to post? its normal, and also ppl approving.
politicians want all thumbs up, they make money on it.
i prefer a red emote with a nice explanation tht make me learn a differetn point of view btw

Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest of the potentially infinite genders, it has been brought to my attention that the integrity of PlanetCalypsoForum's original electronic Reaction Score system has been compromised.

...I have since been informed that the not-yet-mentioned blockchain-based Reaction Score system has had it's integrity brought into question, due to it being hacked, which was then followed up with an exit scheme.

......subsequently, it has also been brought to my attention that the recently proposed paper-based Reaction Score system has been compromised, mostly with phallic images.

Folks, we're going back to talley sticks. Permanently.

6095076e7e72b.jpg

What is this “sticks” you speak of? I don’t like this wizardry. Burn him!

This used to be a thing in the last when you received EFD (entropia forum dollar) which you could sell for peds. I don't really see the "abuse" thing here, it's more a waste of time...

Reactions: Geo
Absolute nonsense was written in this topic.

I asked Mega to find out his position, but he didn't answer. There is nothing in the OP except screenshots.

The positive reactions that this girl receives are deserved. And their purpose, according to my observations, is to abstract from the negativity of the game. Trust is needed in space, but with positive emotions ... even though they are emoticons ... people are more inclined to trust.

Since there is no clear vision of the position of the OP, I think it was made to undermine the authority of the lady.

Back on the topic at hand, people probably know that Bonnie is one of the very few people REALLY supporting the game. She's doing a great job in promoting events, planets, new content, always has great tips on her streams, she supports other streamers too... how can soemone NOT like her content?

How dare you criticizing her husband and her friends for supporting her in this endeavor ???? For a silly placement in a reaction score list??? EVERYONE should support her. Everyone that plays and likes the game that is... Are you even playing the game Mega? Not the forum.. the game....
Mega also do the GREAT work Evey , dont take just one side in this get a "big picture" arent we all complaining abouth EXPLOITS/cheters etc... in game should be the same for forum also , anyway its the place where most of the ppl gathering information sometimes Mega post are more accurate than Wiki. Chill out all and lets play the game and stop the hate. Personally i dont like Bonnie streams watched 2 time's and didn't like it my opinion but will not say that she not doing good job . Katie love you :)

Last edited:
Mega also do the GREAT work Evey , dont take just one side in this get a "big picture" arent we all complaining abouth EXPLOITS/cheters etc... in game should be the same for forum also , anyway its the place where most of the ppl gathering information sometimes Mega post are more accurate than Wiki. Chill out all and lets play the game and stop the hate. Personally i dont like Bonnie streams watched 2 time's and didn't like it my opinion but will not say that she not doing good job just i dont like all that make up on her.
Fair comment up until you criticised her on her looks for no reason. That sorta stuff is best kept to yourself honestly. Maybe just edit that out yeah?

Mega also do the GREAT work Evey , dont take just one side in this get a "big picture" arent we all complaining abouth EXPLOITS/cheters etc... in game should be the same for forum also , anyway its the place where most of the ppl gathering information sometimes Mega post are more accurate than Wiki. Chill out all and lets play the game and stop the hate. Personally i dont like Bonnie streams watched 2 time's and didn't like it my opinion but will not say that she not doing good job just i dont like all that make up on her.
I am perfectly fine with you not liking her or mine or anyone's content. It's your right, feel free to express your agreement/disagreement. I respect your right to do so, respect my right to do so as well. People have fought wars to be able to be free, talk free and express themselves, but don't criticize others for their choices, for what they like or dislike, that's bullying to say it in a nice way. This thread is a complaint that a husband likes his wife's forum posts..... do you understand that? Do people who like Mega's posts in OP get that? Mega did use to have a good contribution in the past, I said it a while back as well, but for several years he's just not liking anything game related and it's hard to live on a forum as an attention seeker ... person, when you don't like much about this game or .. pretty much anything. So he's picking on other people being positive about this.

Last edited:
The topic is fake. And everyone who supported that is an idiot.

These people are not my friends and no one can say that I am biased. I just read what people write, not what icons they have.

And I wouldn't say only John Capital's posts are almost always great, but Oleg's too. At times wish I could send these guys some beers but I cannot. So Instead I will just "Like" their posts. And please stop judging my taste in music,

I think you should try harder on the beers tbh.

wow!!

This thread is hilarious!!!

What a bunch of babies!!!
Is this kindergarten????

JBK, serious???
Can't you just do your wife in your private surroundings?
Jeeezzz, common dude. This is so lame.

But to post it here in the open is also quite lame.

Oh my god, a popularity contest under "adults" if I might call you all that.

Serious guys?
Grow up!!

Here, neg rep me for this all you like.
Won't lose a night sleep over it.

:handjob:

wow!!

This thread is hilarious!!!

What a bunch of babies!!!
Is this kindergarten????

JBK, serious???
Can't you just do your wife in your private surroundings?
Jeeezzz, common dude. This is so lame.

But to post it here in the open is also quite lame.

Oh my god, a popularity contest under "adults" if I might call you all that.

Serious guys?
Grow up!!

Here, neg rep me for this all you like.
Won't lose a night sleep over it.

:handjob:
Glad you told me how to do my wife and where - apreciate the adult / grown up conversation that goes completely past the topic of some poor minds running rampant creating alt accounts to harrass other players with childish behaviour.

I could tell you how to live your life but wouldnt that be childish ? ;)

Thanks for completely missing the point of this thread and what lead to it.
I hope you realized how you failed at being 'adult' while telling someone how to be an 'adult'...

Glad you told me how to do my wife and where - apreciate the adult / grown up conversation that goes completely past the topic of some poor minds running rampant creating alt accounts to harrass other players with childish behaviour.

I could tell you how to live your life but wouldnt that be childish ? ;)

Thanks for completely missing the point of this thread and what lead to it.
I hope you realized how you failed at being 'adult' while telling someone how to be an 'adult'...

Sorry, I forgot how important it is for you to always be first or always standing in the spotlight.
Perhaps another Intelligence increase you want to post to keep you firmly on top of the list?

Or another statue maybe?

I now understand how important this is for you, so I now understand why you did this blatant rep abuse.
Dude serious, let it go.
It's a game.
It's just a forum.

It's not a schoolyard popularity contest.

Ah well, I guess I'm just to childish to really understand.
Sorry for that.

Hi all, I've enjoyed reading the discussion so far.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...per-usage-of-the-pcf-reputation-system.49237/

The above has been retired (as the reputation system has also been retired) having been replaced by the Reaction Score system which worked completely normally until yesterday when I caught a few people trying to cheat it. 450 likes in 30 mins - come on, that is cheating right? ;)

From the above link:

When NOT to give negative reputation

You should not leave a negative reputation simply because you disagree with another member's opinion. If you have a strong disagreement, your views should be aired within the thread, so that others can read and comment in kind. You should not give a negative rep as revenge for a negative rep left by another member for you. You also should not make a campaign of leaving negative reps for members that you simply dislike, or have had differences with in the past.

index.php

I still think the above sentence is still valid, but maybe it isn't any more.

Damn when I see big names like JBK, Geo, Messi, Evey and the show you guys are putting up with these DISLIKEs/LIKES and overall. (Over 400 dislikes for OP? Just goes to show hes right about the abuse - Not sure there is other word for this anymore).

I thought you guys are smart, respectable individuals... What the hell?:scratch2:

Status
Back