Account Hacked - Items Sold - Trouble calling Swedish Police.

Hello,

My account was hacked sometime in December of last year. My account was just unlocked today. Here is what the support case said.

"Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

Your account has now been unlocked.

"Will these items be reimbursed?"

As mentioned in the previous reply:

Computer intrusion is a matter for federal authority and we do not have the legal means to investigate and solve such crimes, our advice is that you turn to your local police authorities with such issues and ask them to contact us and refer to this Support Case.

You can also file a police report at http://polisen.se/en/Languages/Victims-of-Crime/Make-a-report1/

We do keep records on all transactions that take place within Entropia Universe and if the police contact us, we can assure you that we will provide them with any information needed to solve the case.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support "

All of the items and PEDs on my character and in Rocktropia storage are missing. My avatar also purchased a 2000 PED quad on the auction house during this time. I would say I lost at least 3000 PED which is $300.

Has anyone had success reporting a hacking to the Swedish police? Did you end up getting reimbursed at all? Is it worth my time and trouble to try and figure all this out? I am having trouble calling the Swedish police from the U.S.

Thank you,
Paul

The number you should call is +46 77 114 14 00

I don't have anything to help you other than saying I'm very sorry this happened to you. I hope you can still enjoy the game and get some resolution.

so the person who did it is the person who sold a quad for 2k ped , he couldve trade it with another alt after to get to his main account maybe, but mindark keeps track even fi he did it trough 100 acocunts so MA already knows who did it. hope he gets banned asap

our advice is that you turn to your local police authorities with such issues and ask them to contact us and refer to this Support Case.

You can also file a police report at http://polisen.se/en/Languages/Victims-of-Crime/Make-a-report1/

In the support case they said to contact your local police authorities. Wouldn't that be your local police in the US?

You could also file a case via the link they provided which looks to be with the Swedish police.

In the support case they said to contact your local police authorities. Wouldn't that be your local police in the US?

You could also file a case via the link they provided which looks to be with the Swedish police.

Local police will just laugh at you and walk you out. They don't really understand digital crimes and this is pretty low level to them.

a 2000 ped quad , did this have a name ?

index.php

Obviously there is a PED trail, whoever sold the 2000 Ped Quad was the scammer (or another hacked account) but it will eventually lead to the culprit.
The money unfortunately is probably lost, however the scammer, using alts or other hacked account wont get his or her money out. You can be sure of that.

$300 is a painful life lesson to take, but take another look at the picture, there are bad people here as they are everywhere. There are muggers, thieves, scammers and burglars in the real world too, they watch cash machines, they look for drunk people at the weekend - they are scum.

I suggest you move on, try and work out how it happened. Questions to ask yourself are: who knew your login details, whether you have been installing 'helper' applications and Entropia tools that also ask for a login and see where you went wrong.

We all make mistakes, but this one wasn't fatal.

Last edited:
Oh sheet! Now the police are in on the coverup. What a scam! Corruption knows no bounds.

Was you not running entropia pocket? (Security). If so how did that get hacked?

Sounds to me MA are saying to you, we won't treat it as a crime, unless you register it yourself as a crime. Then they will provide their evidence to the police directly.

That kind of suggests something is not quite right. Maybe someone with the same IP address hacked your account (family member, close friend)? Who knows what MA records are suggesting.

Wish you well though. On the bright side it's a month average hunting losses for most. Not the end of the world. Chin up.

Rick.

Problem is, having to solve an international crime for $300 is not very worth it in terms of man hours. That's just my guess.

instead of worrying about $300 you should be wondering if your RL shit is at risk and be locking that stuff down fist - if you have not already done that

Back