Account locked

buster2008

Mature
Society
The Ministry
Buster2008
Well apparently my account got locked for some reason sent MA a support case. I was just on 2 hours ago and I lost connection and I had some stuff to do so I did not log back in right away and now I have been locked from my account???? MA got back to me with "We will strive to respond to you within 48 hours." ok I play almost everyday 48 hours is really not acceptable.

better account locked for 48 hours than getting account hacked and loose all stuff...

true but an email explaining that my account has been locked would have been nice.

well, all people know why they was locked. just when they get answet , players say : ahhh, ye, sorry i did not knew botting is not allowed .
or smth like that :)

as i saw latest threads of bans it was :

1. botting
2. trying to make pylot in non vechile areas
3. using directx "boosters" for better graphics

1. Never botted
2. don't do that
3. don't know how to do that one

than i think you dont have anything to be afraid

OMFG Buster, what are you gonna waste your time on during work now? :laugh:

GL getting some quick answers

I know Das I do not know what to do with myself and work is real slow atm.

Reactions: das
true but an email explaining that my account has been locked would have been nice.

Well, you already know that your account has been locked, why do you need an email telling you the same thing?

And dont reply that you want to know why, MA prolly dont know themselves at this point since your ban most likely is some automaticly triggered event on behaviour characteristics.

Let it have its course.

Bought anything from auction or P2P that looked a bargain or "too good to be true" ?

If so, you might have to be locked until trades are reversed.

Call anyone a scammer in chat?

It could very easily have been done for your own protection. There are automatic locks that will get triggered under certain circumstances to protect your account. Unfortunately, they need to manually go through the log and make sure that whatever happened was not an actual problem. Usually, they will have you back up and running in a day or two.

It amazes me that people think this behaviour is OK; it seems that MA has entranced this idea that we work for them and they're paying us, not the other way around. Also, the other problem is that people think a punishment is best when started to be applied before proving anything rather than following a "trial" of sorts. And best of all... keeping people in the dark is the best strategy: "Let me dish out some account locks... they know why."

well, all people know why they was locked. just when they get answet , players say : ahhh, ye, sorry i did not knew botting is not allowed or smth like that :)...
So... the OP is a automatically a cheater? Why?

than i think you dont have anything to be afraid
I don't think he's afraid; if I understand him correctly, he is just frustrated because he is locked without any explanation.

...And dont reply that you want to know why, MA prolly dont know themselves at this point since your ban most likely is some automaticly triggered event on behaviour characteristics.
Let it have its course.

It could very easily have been done for your own protection. There are automatic locks that will get triggered under certain circumstances to protect your account. Unfortunately, they need to manually go through the log and make sure that whatever happened was not an actual problem. Usually, they will have you back up and running in a day or two.
OK... these are taking the cake: MA is so smart as to develop some complicated algorithms to lock people out based on certain behaviour but unable to link the said algorithm(s) or trigger(s) to what the user did? Also, the same applies to "manually" going through logs. Sophisticated pieces of code for locking people out... yet unable to write a simple text/string search program and have to spend many hours by manually going through logs. If this is true, I think we give them more credit then they actually deserve.

I'm not saying that the OP is totally and unequivocally without fault... but that's not the point: we don't know until proven guilty. Oh yeah... an email from support saying "We've locked your account because you are suspected of a/b/c" will go a long way. IMO.

If they do have such an algo. to lock people then the email isn't such a difficult thing to add especially if they can bug us when we don't log in for a couple of weeks.

Ideally it should have a 'if you think this is an error....' with a case number.

It could simply be someone has tried to hack the account.

Accounts have been locked in the past when there has been a trade (including an apparently normal purchase from auction) with an avatar who has used a stolen credit card to 'deposit', and who has then tried to launder the funds through item trading.

As soon as they are aware of the fraud, MindArk locks all avatars affected by the trading, to enable the transactions to be rolled back. It's important this is done quickly to ensure the least number of accounts are affected.

OK... these are taking the cake: MA is so smart as to develop some complicated algorithms to lock people out based on certain behaviour but unable to link the said algorithm(s) or trigger(s) to what the user did? Also, the same applies to "manually" going through logs. Sophisticated pieces of code for locking people out... yet unable to write a simple text/string search program and have to spend many hours by manually going through logs. If this is true, I think we give them more credit then they actually deserve.

I'm not saying that the OP is totally and unequivocally without fault... but that's not the point: we don't know until proven guilty. Oh yeah... an email from support saying "We've locked your account because you are suspected of a/b/c" will go a long way. IMO.

I don't like to be kept in the dark either but you are painting this as a very simple issue which it isent, there are plenty of security protocols that has to be present for a game like Entropia to run safely that should trigger a response like this, a shutdown with pending approval.
Think of it like how a Firewall blocks all packets that try to access a network without returning the correct electronic signature generated and sent to the requested source when you for example try to view this website, there simply is no way to determine if its safe otherwise thus it has to be blocked completely.

Where i do agree with you is the Email/support message. Its possible to distinguish between a automatic lock or a manual one and sending a Email simply saying "Its a automatic lock" or something to that effect along with automatically opening a support ticket i think would bring a lot of goodwill.

Beside that can we please dispell the myth that Mindark or any other company for that matter actually begins work on the issue at the moment they respond to the Support case? No in most cases they are not spending hours and hours looking through logs. They press "Ctrl F" as a normal human being and search for the user ID and trace back to the issue. Software development/support is almost all ways scheduled the same way as triage, biggest issue of the day first and then the rest trailing behind, as much as it sucks saying it one locked account is usually not at the top of that list.

To OP:
I hope it gets sorted out quickly for you, never a good experience being locked out.

Best regards
Zweshi

Last edited:
It amazes me that people think this behaviour is OK; it seems that MA has entranced this idea that we work for them and they're paying us, not the other way around. Also, the other problem is that people think a punishment is best when started to be applied before proving anything rather than following a "trial" of sorts. And best of all... keeping people in the dark is the best strategy: "Let me dish out some account locks... they know why."

If you had your account hacked or items stolen, you would want MA to lock down those avatars that had your items as soon as possible right?

If you bought something fairly that was sold by someone using a stolen credit card, you would want an investigation first right? Before MA just took the item back from you right?

You would also want your compensation back if MA did indeed find you bought such item and took it back, right?

These things take time and MA doesn't need to explain why right away...all that would lead to is constant replying back and forth saying "but I didn't do that!!!" and most importantly, it would tip off the wrong people if the person they banned was working with a person using stolen credit cards, or was an accomplice to the fraud they are investigating etc. They can't give a reason until they are done with the investigation!

Let them sort it out...trust me, MA doesn't want law-abiding avatars to not be playing either, but I don't see any other way to do it.

Some innocent people might be inconvenienced for a bit, but this is how it HAS to be done, and I am glad it works like this.

i read about some recent cases of locked accounts because of bruteforce password cracking attempts. could it be possible someone saw or guessed your account name?

gl getting unlocked quickly!

Accounts have been locked in the past when there has been a trade (including an apparently normal purchase from auction) with an avatar who has used a stolen credit card to 'deposit', and who has then tried to launder the funds through item trading... It's important this is done quickly to ensure the least number of accounts are affected.
Don't get me wrong, I do understand that when real world money is involved there should be as many fails-safes as possible within the system. All it's needed is some sort of proper communication, even some specific activities that could trigger locks. I could argue that this may actually cut on some issue before happening. I know, it may be in the EULA but clearer communication would only help.

... Think of it like how a Firewall blocks all packets that try to access a network without returning the correct electronic signature generated and sent to the requested source when you for example try to view this website, there simply is no way to determine if its safe otherwise thus it has to be blocked completely...
If you only use just one level of protection... that's correct. But if you use a packet analyser you could in fact detect if it's safe and let it go through with a minimal delay, It's like someone knocking on your door when you don't expect anyone; would you just simply not open the door? Or would you go further and see who it is and what do they want?
In any case, I do understand your point. I think that we (I) may just assume too much :).

If you had your account hacked or items stolen, you would want MA to lock down those avatars that had your items as soon as possible right?

If you bought something fairly that was sold by someone using a stolen credit card, you would want an investigation first right? Before MA just took the item back from you right?

You would also want your compensation back if MA did indeed find you bought such item and took it back, right?

These things take time and MA doesn't need to explain why right away...all that would lead to is constant replying back and forth saying "but I didn't do that!!!" and most importantly, it would tip off the wrong people if the person they banned was working with a person using stolen credit cards, or was an accomplice to the fraud they are investigating etc. They can't give a reason until they are done with the investigation!

Let them sort it out...trust me, MA doesn't want law-abiding avatars to not be playing either, but I don't see any other way to do it.

Some innocent people might be inconvenienced for a bit, but this is how it HAS to be done, and I am glad it works like this.

All very good points; they go hand-in-hand with current RL issues where the debate is if they should arrest people before committing a crime without enough proof (I do NOT compare the compare the two in terms of impact!).
I'll even give you an example: some time ago I was moving into a new house. Of course I needed new stuff :D, so I made a few big-ish purchases on my credit card. I was in store to buy some furniture when my CC was declined. WTH? I knew I wasn't over the limit 100%, so I called the CC company from the store. They've said it's for my own protection as it is outside my regular purchasing patterns. That's fine with me obviously... but couldn't they handle it a different way? So... I told them straight out I will cancel this CC as we speak unless they do something about it, at which point they asked: like what? You want me to think for you? Fine. I ask them if they had my cell on file.... and they did; I then requested the to call me first and if I don't answer, then block the Credit card. No issue ever since (it's been 5 years or so).

I guess it all comes down to which side you're on: better safe then sorry at all costs or innocent until proven guilty. Also, this is for sure a very difficult matter to handle properly; the question is are they taking the easy road (just ban people until we figure this out, they're not going to die if they don't play for a few days) or is there a more complex road (and less profit because of extra expenses) that will lead to a better experience for the users?

Can somebody tell me what colour a MA Official is on your radar?

So here is what I have so far

2015-04-30 08:04 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Imaman,

Thank you for your support case.

What were doing before you logged out?

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support
2015-04-30 10:07 You wrote:

Hunting punys outside PA with pet when I lost connection
2015-04-30 12:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Imaman,

Why did you not respond to Private messaging at that time? nor reacted to the appearance of an Official?

Kind regards,
2015-04-30 12:36 You wrote:

I did not see PM or Official?? I Lost connection. I do not use the PM system very often and I do not notice it all the time right away. And are you saying I got locked because I did not respond to a PM.

I have not had any response in almost 24 hours. I feel like they have been ignoring me not very good customer service.

1. I did not logout I was DCed
2. yellow and orange look similar on the radar when you are in widow mode (or I am slightly colour blind)

I'm kinda jealous that I never had a GM appear in front of me! I must not have grinded long enough :p

On topic, it seems that you appeared to have been botting, so when you didn't respond to the MA employee they kicked you?

So here is what I have so far

2015-04-30 08:04 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Imaman,

Thank you for your support case.

What were doing before you logged out?

Kind regards,
2015-04-30 10:07 You wrote:

Hunting punys outside PA with pet when I lost connection
2015-04-30 12:10 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Imaman,

Why did you not respond to Private messaging at that time? nor reacted to the appearance of an Official?

Kind regards,

I did not see PM or Official?? I Lost connection. I do not use the PM system very often and I do not notice it all the time right away. And are you saying I got locked because I did not respond to a PM.

I have not had any response in almost 24 hours. I feel like they have been ignoring me not very good customer service.

1. I did not logout I was DCed
2. yellow and orange look similar on the radar when you are in widow mode (or I am slightly colour blind)

Holy shit, is that true???
You had been locked because you did not replied to pm by official avatar?
That's unacceptable totalitarianism.
EU implements 1984 as a storyline?

Hi Imaman,

Kind regards,

They are probably was checking out for bots and when they did not get any response they thought you was a bot or something like that.

It's a holiday both yesterday and today in Sweden, so probably a bit slow support.

Holy shit, is that true???
You had been locked because you did not replied to pm by official avatar?
That's unacceptable totalitarianism.
EU implements 1984 as a storyline?

Ummm, no.

He was either using a bot, or doing something that made him appear to be using a bot. He failed to respond to a PM from a MA official and failed to interact with the official avatar. He then "lost his network connection" or logged off shortly after the official avatar appeared.

And then MA locked his account to investigate.

It is quite possible that it was all just an unfortunate series of coincidences mixed in with a little stupidity. Or maybe it wasn't. None of us, other than the thread starter, and possibly MA, knows for sure. But the one thing we do know is that it was not "unacceptable totalitarianism".

Thank you Bill Airboy for letting me know it is a Holiday in Sweden ATM would have been nice if they would have responded with that telling me things would be slower than normal.

Thank you Bill Airboy for letting me know it is a Holiday in Sweden ATM would have been nice if they would have responded with that telling me things would be slower than normal.

Well, I can't know for sure they will be slower, but that is my guess :silly2:

Back