FYI: After new update Window Mode isn;t working (For me at least)

Alien

Stalker
Society
The Calypso Rescue Team
After the update of 5mins ago, when I log in with window mode ticked in options, the game still opens in full screen.

Which causes my GFX card to overheat and go x_x

windows mode work fine for me

I fixed the issue by running the game in full screen and changing to windowed mode from there.

So I logged into the game full screen, changed to window mode.. And what happened?

It changed to a 1024*768 window, just like I wasnted :yay:

But my screen resolution also changed with it to 1024*768, so it still fills the entire screen :banghead:

And it changes to 1024*768 every time I launch the game now :laugh:

just minimize the login screen screen by clicking on it's task bar tab when it's still black and loading. wait until it blinks showing it's loaded.it works fine for me that way. hey ,Alien, plz rep me if it works.i want to get rid of my -rep which i got for no fault of mine.

Last edited:
I fixed the issue by running the game in full screen and changing to windowed mode from there.

Same... but now got a new bug, cursor is about 2 centimeters below where it should be :scratch2: so clicking is kinda hard...

Cool, got mine fixed like this

• Logged into full screen
  • Changed setting in options to window mode
  • The cursor was about an inch lower than it should have been - Relogged
  • Window was filling whole screen when logegd back in
  • Changed window mode to a resolution different from what it was
  • Changed it back to 1024 again

Now it works! :yay:

Cool, got mine fixed like this

• Logged into full screen
  • Changed setting in options to window mode
  • The cursor was about an inch lower than it should have been - Relogged
  • Window was filling whole screen when logegd back in
  • Changed window mode to a resolution different from what it was
  • Changed it back to 1024 again

Now it works! :yay:

ROFL :laugh:

Did you have to stand on one leg and pat your head while you were doing this? Come on MA. This is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:

oh.. i don't have that problem.it takes atleast 5-6 seconds beore the black screen shows login window.whatever although it works for me, it just shows EU is offline for maintainence.no use for me :(

Did the same and works in windowed now. :)

same here, can't change window mode at launcher options, and still getting crashes after login again, that really sucks.

maybe they fix a problem but bring an other problem back.

In the CL, setting the Window Mode option and clicking OK does not save the option.

Going back into the CL option screen shows it as unchecked.

The other options seem to be saved fine, except for the Window Mode option.

This could be the reason for all these.

Oups same think, maybe when they release the patch I twill be nice to ‘TEST’ it before? No?
Marco I think is time to start looking over dev’s shoulder…:rolleyes:

Fixed the problem by going into in-game options and turning windowed mode on... Seems to get the settings back where they belong... (at least until the next mini-update)...

My speculation is that they're playing with totally restarting the DirectX graphics as my entire screen blacks out for a second or two before my game window appears... This did not happen before the MU so I have to assume it will continue for me until the next MU...

Maybe they are trying to brute force an Nvidia fix?

Fixed the problem by going into in-game options and turning windowed mode on... Seems to get the settings back where they belong... (at least until the next mini-update)...

My speculation is that they're playing with totally restarting the DirectX graphics as my entire screen blacks out for a second or two before my game window appears... This did not happen before the MU so I have to assume it will continue for me until the next MU...

Maybe they are trying to brute force an Nvidia fix?

Look like they are brute forcing you card. :makelove:

No black S for me are you on ATI?

After the relog thinks settle down to normal!

Last edited:
Look like they are brute forcing you card. :makelove:

No black S for me are you on ATI?

After the relog thinks settle down to normal!

Yep ATI 4890... and there is some sort of reset going on when I launch... It happens every time now...

Its not a Bug, its a feature...

Yep, same problem. So, now correct me if i'm wrong, has MA EVER said, opps, we made a mistake guys, sorry. Or do we get nothing, general BS without offering an answer to real problems?

So, I must assume there are no 'BUGS', its all 'Features'.

Seoul....

After the update of 5mins ago, when I log in with window mode ticked in options, the game still opens in full screen.

it's because a bug in login window... see the thread "dangerous bug" in my signature !

it's because a bug in login window... see the thread "dangerous bug" in my signature !

With and Nvidia card you can just force vsync on and it won't do that.

stuck on max

I am now stuck on max res 1600x900 and with that setting frame rate to low. When I go into resolution setting and select a lower setting it just keeps coming back max. never had any prob before last update.

Disable annoying sounds (steeaming) and windowed ode doesn't work for me ..it just forgets whats checked.

Some bugs ARE fixed, like keyboard mapping and no crash related to that.

I prefer the new bug, at least I can play now. :silly2:

t

Did you have to stand on one leg and pat your head while you were doing this? Come on MA. This is getting ridiculous. :rolleyes:

:laugh:
I just got the same problem... I'm off to try the fix myself

Wonder if its left leg or right leg...hmmmm?

Back