After One Month of Playing

What this has to do with anything in this thread?:rolleyes:

Yea you noticed this avalanche of investors in EU advertising? All those ads runing 24h a day for all these famous brands we all heard of :rolleyes:

Theoretically you're right, practically you're day-dreaming.

I simply think there is no reason for players to pay a subcription fee, when there are so many ways for MA to cover their expenses in other ways. Once expenses are covered by things other than decay... the loots should go up.... which should bring more eyeballs... which should make more ways to make profit. All players could actually make a profit instead of paying a subscription fee. Is that not relivant to the thread?

Give MA time... they don't even have the bugs worked out of the game play yet ;) In 5 years you'll be shooting a Glock 19 instead of korss and be buying your ammo at a Hewlet Packard Terminal.

Last edited:
I simply think there is no reason for players to pay a subcription fee, when there are so many ways for MA to cover their expenses in other ways. Once expenses are covered by things other than decay... the loots should go up.... which should bring more eyeballs... which should make more ways to make profit. All players could actually make a profit instead of paying a subscription fee. Is that not relivant to the thread?

Give MA time... they don't even have the bugs worked out of the game play yet ;) In 5 years you'll be shooting a Glock 19 instead of korss and be buying your ammo at a Hewlet Packard Terminal.

As we speak, what you're saying there is wishful thinking.

That electricity bill example was other discussion, about their income from non-depo via decay, auction blabla.

I don't believe that what you said there will ever happen in EU. I don't see a serious company, say HP, sponsoring that idea of terminal in a VR universe without subscription. They would need, marketing-wise, a measurement of active playerbase, etc. The only trustable tool is a subscription, any other tool is subject to relativity.

Again, just check your advertising terminal and keep note of how many IRL advertisments you see.

Also, if they didn't managed to implement vehicles in 6 years, I don't believe they'll have sponsored items in 5 years.

Look around in mmo market and tell me what is so different between EU and the other army of free mmos. One and only one aspect: money. But that is secondary to sponsors, they are interested in media exposure. Which sux in EU, 10k unique viewers daily is peanuts.

Ah, something else. RL companies are already into VR. Check SL, that's what sponsors are looking into, not some random game where players might or not pay some money to shoot mobs. Wow, brilliant marketing vehicle what can I say :rolleyes:

Again, just check your advertising terminal and keep note of how many IRL advertisments you see.

I have seen a well-known Swedish university running ads in EU, so there are RL advertisements in-world. :wise:

Not to be rude but, why the hell would we want to take something unique like EU and turn it into crap like XxX (you figure that out). If you want something like XxX then go play XxX.

Secondly, I am curious what the point of this thread is. WOW I am sure MA is going to completely change their game so that it is no longer an RCE game and is monthly fee based. even the tier system i am afraid does not make sense to me.

I am also sure that those of us who have thousands of dollars worth of real estate, equipment, and skills will LOVE to see some $15.00 a month tard running around with the same equipment because he does not have to pay. Maybe I am misunderstanding your suggestion?

The beauty of EU is that it is like real life which means you can play at whatever level you can afford just like in real life (IRL you can not afford to go to Hawaii you don't go, they don't drop the price or move it closer to the mainland so you can ride your bike there after school). I think it is also cool that it is not fair just like real life. there are those who have and those who have not. What keeps it going around is the have nots hoping they will get lucky and become a have. It has certainly happened, take a look at ND. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He took a HUGE risk in buying CND and it has paid off for him very well but make no mistake he works to keep it going. He is what I would call a has some who turned into a has.

I did not mean this to sound rantish, I am just rather direct so i come off as an asshole most times and have the neg rep to prove it LOL, it just bothers me a bit when someone who has been around a month decides they need to expound on why a successful thing should be changed into the same crap that already exists.

Like I said, I am not angry or anything it just seems rather nonsensical to me.

The above being said, welcome aboard. It is always nice to see new faces that actually care enough to think about the game rather than just say "waaaaaaaaaaaaaa I thought I could be a millionaire in two weeks by sweating and I'm not".

Best of luck and may the HoF be with you :).

As we speak, what you're saying there is wishful thinking.

That electricity bill example was other discussion, about their income from non-depo via decay, auction blabla.

I don't believe that what you said there will ever happen in EU. I don't see a serious company, say HP, sponsoring that idea of terminal in a VR universe without subscription. They would need, marketing-wise, a measurement of active playerbase, etc. The only trustable tool is a subscription, any other tool is subject to relativity.

Also, if they didn't managed to implement vehicles in 6 years, I don't believe they'll have sponsored items in 5 years.

Look around in mmo market and tell me what is so different between EU and the other army of free mmos. One and only one aspect: money. But that is secondary to sponsors, they are interested in media exposure. Which sux in EU, 10k unique viewers daily is peanuts.

Ah, something else. RL companies are already into VR. Check SL, that's what sponsors are looking into, not some random game where players might or not pay some money to shoot mobs. Wow, brilliant marketing vehicle what can I say :rolleyes:

I guess we disagree :) I can imagine malls with RL items being sold, a movie trailer on a screen... click it to watch the movie on your home theater, PEDS deducted from your account... perhaps a Pizza hut comercial appears with the local pizza hut menu while the movie buffers...another click ....pizza delivered to your door.

Virtual stores with an RL avatar on hand to answer questions, the avatar would recognize your avatar, familiarity... and a global market in one package.

Pehaps not.... I'm hanging around to find out... and I ain't paying no frigging monthly fee to do it... i'd prefer to be paid :wtg:

I just dont get it.
Why not simple make EU subscription based but remove the decay and different fees. Leaving RCE only for player-to player trades and buying expandables like ammo and bombs ?
I would have been alot more happier, knowing that only my subsctiption fee goes to MA.

First of all... Welcome to EU :)

As for the skill system I don't see why they could not unnerf the system until the new game engine is ready to go and then at that point start an uber skill set which all players would begin and all players could be on an even keel with.

:wise:I miss your point there... wouldn't the players who join after 2 years from that update, feel the same about you/me/current players if MA did that ??? :eek:

:laugh: We all started exactly the same way as you in our orange PJs (even the Ubers now), Though I am not an Uber, I have progressed leaps and bounds in this game in the last year and I love it !!!.

I think there are exactly the same possibilities for you to hit a HoF in Mining/Crafting as an Uber...maybe not so much in Hunting. Remember, a lot of the bigger players spend a lot more money/peds to maintain there 'equipment/status' hence they might not be making as much profit as you think they are.

Gaining skills gradually is a good thing as you can adjust your tools/weapons accordingly and slowly improve in the game, instead of buying bigger guns without knowing the game and going on a hunting rampage of snables south of PA as soon as you join the game, only to find out that you could have better used the 'Shiny new LR63' (that you just bought) on an Atrox... but you didn't even know about an Atrox yet :dunno:

I think the game works exactly the way it should ...if things were made too easy and fair there won't be any excitement. Do you think life is fair in 'Real World'... NO... why??... coz there are a lot of people born with the silver spoon.. and there are a lot of people with nothing... do you think that makes the first lot better.. I don't think so! :scratch2:

.... sorry for the philosophical outburst lol:laugh:

My suggestion to you ... play this game for a while ...and the truth shall reveal itself to you :cool:

"think part of the problem is that MA tries to protect the top players and top gear to much, at the expense of the game itself."

Very good said. This happens to be the main base MindArk has put all his attention to.

What this has to do with anything in this thread?:rolleyes:

Yea you noticed this avalanche of investors in EU advertising? All those ads runing 24h a day for all these famous brands we all heard of :rolleyes:

Theoretically you're right, practically you're day-dreaming.

I've seen ads for McD The Royal Navy...I don't look at ads much and I think you are currently not far off the mark...but that could change maybe.

A year or two back there were no Chinese players in the English Premiership football league. Then Manchester City got one, a good one, not that it would have mattered much how good he was....the ads all around the pitch changed overnight almost to heavily feature Chinese companies that the actual spectators could never even read let alone go do business with...but over in China millions were seeing those ads making them worthwhile. Ads like this are now pretty common as most of the league either travels over there or has a Chinese guy in the team and has a huge fanbase to sell adspace to. Chinese adverts pop up all over the UK football world now. It's huge money.
Why would EU be any different? Were about to get a huge influx of Chinese avatars one way or another, maybe they will travel maybe not...but either way their Chinese businesses will want to target them (and maybe us too), and that would make a few McD ads look puny by comparison considering the numbers of eyes on screens wouldn't it ? McD probably already have access to about all the marketing they need, and have a budget for years worked out...the virtual worlds are virgin territory for eager Chinese companies to use to expand easily at low cost...pretty much perfect medium if MA can make this whole deal work.

An online adman's dream is a surfer who sits reading his work for more than a few seconds. In EU a well placed ad could be in your face for hours a week by comparison, and also be quite inexpensive. Risk against reward ratio would make it worthy of consideration alone. If new planets are themed...well then there he would have targeted marketing added ...preaching to a captive, interested group of people and maybe able to trade directly ingame with them too. Dating world...dating ads, gardening world...garden tools etc (gardening world :rolleyes::laugh: scraping the barrel there wasn't I? Hey people like it so why not? :silly2:).

EU has survived some pretty crappy times, still here, still expanding, and NOW really expanding in spades....things could all be golden from now, and we could just find ourselves sitting in the "next big thing" here.

t

I just dont get it.
Why not simple make EU subscription based but remove the decay and different fees. Leaving RCE only for player-to player trades and buying expandables like ammo and bombs ?
I would have been alot more happier, knowing that only my subsctiption fee goes to MA.

There are other MMOs like that out there already. They are subscription based with auctions for P2P trades. If they are not around anymore, people have been trading like that on eBay for years. One of my friends regularly builds up his characters and then sells them off. Although the time invested and what he gets in return is small in comparison to EU.

I know MA has done things to make players unhappy but they have made changes in the players interest as well. I don't see any need to turn EU into something that already exists.

:scratch: Maybe I am mistaken Pham but didnt you play PE/EU for a very long time with out depositing? Plus you got some great loots along the way *cough* Imp Strike *cough* So the RCE in EU worked great for you over the years while many other participants deposited and never saw anything close to what you got by playing smart? That RCE is still there and there are still ways to make ped in EU and there are people who still play successfully without depositing.

hmmmm :scratch: how succesful would you have been in Evercrack which has the same system you are proposing?

Of course my impression could be wrong and you deposited like mad all those years like many others did :dunno:

I would not like to see the skill system un-nerfed, because I did all the hard skilling INSIDE the nerf. And if it would be un-nerfed now I will not have more skills, but paid more for the current skills. If I have skilled this much before the nerf I would have had Commando and Killstrike. But at the rate it goes now I am not even half the way (from 7k points to 8k points takes the same amount of gains as the first 7k I dont even want to know how long it would take to get to 9k)

My idea was, make the game a first deposit of $10 required after 1 month of free playing, and you would get the 100 PED. But nobody is a freeloader non-depo.
And if you refuse to depo then you wont gain any skills above 1000 and/or cant use skillchips ever. Restrict the game.

My idea was, make the game a first deposit of $10 required after 1 month of free playing, and you would get the 100 PED. But nobody is a freeloader non-depo.
And if you refuse to depo then you wont gain any skills above 1000 and/or cant use skillchips ever. Restrict the game.

I cant make up my mind if I like this idea or not.
I would prefer that all players are depositors. even small time depositors, I realy think that EU has more to offer, or atleast makes it more fun when you are a depositor. This is only based on that I had more fun after I deposited my first time.
More fun would lead to that more people stay in EU.
This is also based on personal experience since I tried EU when it just went gold and I didnt depo and stoped playing after a while.

The bad part is that everyone does not have the posibility to depo There are alot of players that have managed to make it from 0 to a break even or profitable Entropian (Tamms non depositing mining for example).

I think that EU would have better base of players that didnt choose to leave after a few days when they realice how much hard work it would be to be a sweater for example.
So in my mind it would lead to less people joining EU, but the ones that do join would stay longer.

I wounder what would lead to most profit for MA and be best for the existing and future playerbase? :)

i wonder if limited special offers would encourage first time deposits..

something like this:

if you never deposited before, and now deposit 15$ you'll get 150 ped + a NON-TRADABLE, NON-TT-able, NON-USABLE item. choose from a list of items, f.x. fancy clothing, appt-deeds, handhelds, pets, all kind of fashionable stuff..

i'd love to see usable items (guns, mining gear, etc.) too, but i'm afraid there would always be a way to exploit such offers by multiple account making..

i guess many players would be cought by such an offer..
once they experience the boost that a deposit gives you, most would be tempted to spend another 15$ or more the next payday..

just a thought, a walk in between the extremes.. still freedom of choice, but then again a real reason to start depositing ;)

trux

i wonder if limited special offers would encourage first time deposits..

something like this:

if you never deposited before, and now deposit 15$ you'll get 150 ped + a NON-TRADABLE, NON-TT-able, NON-USABLE item. choose from a list of items, f.x. fancy clothing, appt-deeds, handhelds, pets, all kind of fashionable stuff..

i'd love to see usable items (guns, mining gear, etc.) too, but i'm afraid there would always be a way to exploit such offers by multiple account making..

i guess many players would be cought by such an offer..
once they experience the boost that a deposit gives you, most would be tempted to spend another 15$ or more the next payday..

just a thought, a walk in between the extremes.. still freedom of choice, but then again a real reason to start depositing ;)

trux

Or get from your first deposit 20% bonus, but that could be bad for the economy because the value of PED is then decreasing.

hmmmm :scratch: how succesful would you have been in Evercrack which has the same system you are proposing?

Of course my impression could be wrong and you deposited like mad all those years like many others did :dunno:
LOL im not crazy to deposit alot. i wasted alot of RL on it though.i did my part and dropped in like $400. back in 2003 it was good deal of cash. then i developed a system =).
but perhaps i didnt say it clear enough: i would like player to player trade for cash, items having residual value, players spending the cash for the activities and winning some back. but the game should be zero-sum, the service provider takes its montly subcription, but does not mess with peoples money in the game, eg. no-fees no-taxes. to me it just sounds fair. but i guess it won't sound as such to ma, bringing too low profit per capita.

Or get from your first deposit 20% bonus, but that could be bad for the economy because the value of PED is then decreasing.

i'm afraid that would be to easy to exploit.. go to bank, show them this offer, loan 10k$, get 120k ped, withdraw 11.5k$, have fun on holiday ;)

guess MA wouldn't like it that way, hehe..

note: PED are a form of 'usable' and tradable item, hence disqualify to be given out as bonus in an RCE-game with the option to withdrawl real money!!

btw, every deposit decreases the value of PED-currency, unless it is directly representated ingame in loot of the same TT-value. but that's a whole different story and should be part of the zillions 'inflation-discussions', but not this one ;)

dp (double post)

i'm afraid that would be to easy to exploit.. go to bank, show them this offer, loan 10k$, get 120k ped, withdraw 11.5k$, have fun on holiday ;)

guess MA wouldn't like it that way, hehe..

note: PED are a form of 'usable' and tradable item, hence disqualify to be given out as bonus in an RCE-game with the option to withdrawl real money!!

btw, every deposit decreases the value of PED-currency, unless it is directly representated ingame in loot of the same TT-value. but that's a whole different story and should be part of the zillions 'inflation-discussions', but not this one ;)

Ofcourse this would be limmited to a certain amount like $100.
And besides your first withdraw would take 3+ months.

I guess we disagree :) I can imagine malls with RL items being sold, a movie trailer on a screen... click it to watch the movie on your home theater, PEDS deducted from your account... perhaps a Pizza hut comercial appears with the local pizza hut menu while the movie buffers...another click ....pizza delivered to your door.

Virtual stores with an RL avatar on hand to answer questions, the avatar would recognize your avatar, familiarity... and a global market in one package.

Pehaps not.... I'm hanging around to find out... and I ain't paying no frigging monthly fee to do it... i'd prefer to be paid :wtg:

No offense but I am sure if you looked even a little you would find what you are looking for in another RCE. The rest of the community does not play the other RCE because we like this one and would prefer it not turn into the pointless crap that the other one is. This is why when people leave here and go there a LOT of them come back ;).

I just dont get it.

The problem I have with this is that it will stagnate development. by our decay going into their pocket the more we play the more funds they have to give us cool stuff ;). I look at it like the more I hunt and the more I ignore econ the better the more features I will get in the future.

someone playing poker or online casinos? :)

I tried once, but the so called 100% bonus is 100% of your deposit not 100% extra, what I thought in the first place. Maybe the 2nd depo would have fee or something :mad:

The problem I have with this is that it will stagnate development. by our decay going into their pocket the more we play the more funds they have to give us cool stuff ;). I look at it like the more I hunt and the more I ignore econ the better the more features I will get in the future.

No it wouldn't stagnate anything, au contraire. MA could count each month a give or take guaranteed income. Additional deposits would be ofc possible.

All the game would work exactly the same, just that MA would have more guaranteed money.

And resellers would give something back to the system.

Back