Announcing EntropiaBay.com

Looks good DC - GL with it :)

Noo..

EU is not from 18, it's from 14. So please change back.

From 13 with parental consent. From 18 without.

This is exactly right. The main benefit to selling outside the game auction is selling "batches". For your website to work well, it must allow folks to:

• [1]Sell complete sets of armor
    [2]Sell "packages" I.E. EP-41+A104+2x Beacin Laser Sight
    [3]Use default pics for items, but allow uploaded pics for clothes, and other customized items.
    [4]Clothes/colored items should be able to list exact textures/colors & even % success of each field.
    [5]Show full stats for each item
    [6]Show adjusted stats on SIB items based on uploaded skills.csv
    [7]Ability to offer bids in items. Seller can reject as needed.

Any website sales source should allow these. However, you are off to a good start. Good luck. :)

some really good inputs here ( i edited your post adding numbers):
1) already present under armor category
2) sell package...... it s not the first time i listen this, many beta testers have already suggest this. I think i will create this during the next week. I guess a good option is: package for--subcategories: hunter, crafter (sub categories: armor, waepons, clothing etcetc), art designer, beauty, storage clean up....it works for u?
3) i already said that i cannot use this option, according with EULA 7, who knows maybe in the future?
4)this is really good input...in progress
5)...hmm dunno, just scarred it will be heavy to insert an offer with many different option available. I guess a pic about the item that u sell can work about. And why not, u are allowed to post also a link to other web resources....entropedia for example?
6)this is another good input that implicate a big upgrade in the website. But if EntropiaBay meet a discrete success why not!
7) option already present, trade listing format:

Trade - A Trade listing allows you to exchange goods or services with another user. You can choose to accept or decline any posted offer.

U can found more info about this issue here:

http://www.entropiabay.com/helpgeneral.asp

Thx a lot John

Gratz Den

This is a really good tool let's get everyone using it :)

I am sure this will have a deep impact on the game! What does MA say about it? Anyhow, all the best! This looks awesome! +REP

i have looked at and used this powerful sales tool, i find it FAR from useless, indeed, it has the functionality of specific search for items you know you need, or you can browse like ingame auction, you can easily contact a seller and make private offer of things on auction without the seller wasting money taking it off auction if he wants to accept the deal.For every reason people use EF or other sites for tradeing there are the same reasons to use Entropia Bay + more .All it takes is for plenty people to give it a try .You should try it HduchC for selling your skills, after all its free .

Thanks Slash u are making some interesting points and i plan to make some special treads about those issues. In brief the advance search option present in EntropiaBay is by far the most advanced when compared to in game auction and to any other trade forum/website EU related.
Using this not only users are allow to search their preferred items or services but sort the result by TT price, MU, time end, listing format, etc etc. For many of them are available some special search criteria ( es clothing has colored and textured field research too) and we are going to expand them according with the users necessities. Actually this is your private trade tool, it will be upgraded according with your opinions and necessities.
I don t wanna be critics with other forum/web resources, they did a really great job until here. If u want u can consider EntropiaBay like a natural evolution of them. There is not competition between EntropiaBay and them at the contrary i really hope we can collaborate to create a better and complete tool.
And yes, why don t try EntropiaBay, insert an offer or bid is and will be always totally free for all..... not many free possibilities around, so enjoy it.

Saw no post about it. This is not against the revised EULA right?If you manage to get alot of people using your service Im sure MA would actually revise their auction system and shop system. So good either way :)Best of luck!

We think we did our best to not be against the EULA. I would like remember you that we are Entropia Universe players, no one of us want ruin the game, we want just help it. I think EntropiaBay is very useful because allow people to trade and meet each one. The in game auction, also if useful under many points of view, don t help to create strong relationship between users. I think everyone can agree about.
And if in the future MA will adopt some EntropiaBay features for the in game auction...... we will be very happy about. Our mission will be finished at that point.

And I saw you can upload pics, but I don't see it using default pics.

Perhaps a bulk upload for folks selling entire inventories. Upload a copy of your inventory, remove as needed, and adjust default pricing before making your 89 auctions all in one shot.

Also a bulk upload for skills. Again adjusting prices before making the large number of auctions.

Also I assume you can quickly get a list of what a single person is selling right?

again many other good inputs.

When u create an offer u can upload pictures directly from your hard disk, and or u can add a link from another web resource.

Inventory clean up, good idea, we are working about. Same for bulk skill.

About the complete offer from a single user.... u can get it and to be specific there are not one but two way to look at them:
1) when u look an offer u can found this:
# of bids: 0 bid history
Closes: 2 Days, 14 Hours +
Started: 2/7/2009 10:44:05 AM
Ends: 2/10/2009 10:44:05 AM
Seller: user name (0)
View seller's other items
the last one is the link u was looking about
2) if the seller has a store u will found this:
# of bids: 0 bid history
Closes: 3 Days, 22 Hours +
Started: 2/7/2009 6:41:53 PM
Ends: 2/11/2009 6:41:53 PM
Seller: user name (0)
visitmystore.gif

this little picture will transport u directly to EntropiaBay user store.

:yay: the sweat bottle auctions a lot of people where asking for.

Looks like a great tool. Already registered :)

Interesting idea. I went ahead and registered for future use.

One suggestion, maybe you could add a way of seeing the item for sales current in game average MU% on the auction page. I dont think it would have to be real time, but the more current the better imo. O

this is a nice suggestion and inside the EntropiaBay team we had already.....ferocious...discussions about this issue. In one hand EntropiaBay is not a competitor of in game auction. We still think in game auction is very useful cause give us the current items MU and moreover it has this special feature: item and ped are automatically transfer in the buyer and seller inventories. No one can compete with this exclusive option.
In the other side EntropiaBay can help people to improve their private trade and can help shop owners in their business. In this contest calculate the EntropiaBay MU, a street MU if u want, and compare it with the in game MU, can be a nice option. I guess we can, with some hard work, create this in street MU and then compare it with in game MU. In this contest i think a mutual collaboration with PE auction can be necessary.
But really don t know. We have in our road map many options to choice between, i don t think yours is the closer one. In any case all depend of how much the website will be accepted from the community.

Maybe MA could learn from you and put this shit in the game we pay for already.

Looks like a great site, I am registered and listed my first clasified add.

Hope this turns into a sucess.

:wtg:

Another comment about players aged 13 -17.

In the UK at least, anyone under 18 cannot enter into a legally binding contract. That doesn't matter inside EU because trades are instant and final, but on your site you either need to follow the EULA and say that players under 18 need permission (and require age to be entered when registering), or qualify the clause about your trades being legally binding (which is doubtful anyway).

This is a great site. Very nice work here. This will allow us to buy things in sets, ex( ghost armor M set) one shot very cool

Really nice work guys, i'm impressed! Something like this has really been needed for a while and the layout is really nice :D Good work!!

Another suggestion.

The icons that represent the different types of auction (classifieds, trade etc) are not very intuitive. It would be nice with a small explaining text when you hoover your mouse over the icon.

14 days long, re list, reserve price and proxy bidding

Just a small suggestion, but it would be great if one was able to list offers, and other auctions to for that matter, for a bit longer than 7 days, especially orders ( reverse auctions on the site if I understand it right) as one might have to run an order for some rarer items for quite some time( For example; I just got hold of an item which I have searched for for about 9 months..) before someone that is interested in selling finds it..

well i updated the listing format, now u can make an offer for 14 days
but moreover u already have 2 exclusive options about your issue:

relist: when u create an offer u can select if u want to re list it. This mean if u are not able to sell your item in the time u have selected the software automatically recreate your offer. EntropiaBay is the only one that offer this option.

reserve price : The Reserve price is the absolute minimum PED amount the Seller will accept for an item. Buyers are notified after placing their bid if it is below the Reserve price. If a Buyer's maximum bid is greater than the Reserve price, the Reserve is automatically met and that user is the high bidder. The ability to set a Reserve price is only available to Traditional Auctions

I think already those 2 options are an answer at your issue, but i want remember that with EntropiaBay u have another option:

proxy bidding : An automatic method of bidding that increases your bid to the next lowest price when another user bids on the same item. Your bid is increased until your maximum bid amount is reached or the auction ends.

U can read more about those and more about the exclusive options of EntropiaBay here:
http://www.entropiabay.com/helpgeneral.asp

Yay I've listed my first auction!
+Rep

I hope you are advertising more than just these forums.

I will mention it to my society mates for sure...

Also, I am trying to find the catagory for explosive projectiles, but I can't find it. Is there a way to add items to the list?

:yay: the sweat bottle auctions a lot of people where asking for.
Looks like a great tool. Already registered :)

Yup, i know that sweat has not a huge MU but i think everybody deserve to have the possibility to trade. Actually sweater, that is a validated EU profession, can not put bottles in the auction, they can just trade. Well u can continue to private trade in EntropiaBay too.
SUGGESTION, use Dutch auction or TRADE to sell your sweat bottles, cause this listening option allow u to insert the bottle number too

Last edited:
cool, thx to sign in.
U can change many of your info details in:
My account/account/account details

The reason why I posted the idea with the date format is because it's not there.

Besides that about Account Details:

- The "Place to find you" doesn't seem to get saved
- The "Place to find you" shows all TPs twice
- The "Place to find you" should list all Eudoria TPs first and then the Amethera TPs alphabetically IMO. Outposts don't make sense to me as trading places should be easy to reach.
- The login-fields should appear at the first page. Why? Because it's convenient and common.
- I don't understand what the "Email preferences" are supposed to be
- The list of countries should be replaced by a list of timezones. Why? Because it's actually nobody's business where I live. E.g. I chose "Vatican" as it's in the same timezone I live in.

As for the rest I'll probably just be watching for a while and see how things are working out. ;)

Maybe MA could learn from you and put this shit in the game we pay for already.

well it s since ages that the community is asking this right?
they just need to read the EF wish list

Last edited:
Looks like a great site, I am registered and listed my first clasified add.

Hope this turns into a sucess.

:wtg:

Thx to have signed in and thx for your wish.
I saw that u run an in game shop, well EntropiaBay.com is the perfect partner for you.
First at all i suggest you to open a shop inside EntropiaBay.com. You can create it from : My account/Account/Storefront and to create it is totally FREE.
The storefront is a collection of all your offers, it can show your banner 468x60 plus a shop logo 80x60.
People can search items directly in your shop and can read more about your shop offers. Moreover it show your feedback with the relative comments.
Just to be clear the EntropiaBay.com is and will be always for free.
Moreover the website run , for a while, some ads space for free, why not ads your shop?????
read more about here:
http://www.entropiabay.com/sponsor.asp
thx

great service .. bought my first item there today and was very easy

Bones

Would it be possible to have a "Remember me" for the site?

It seems that I have to re-login every time I visit

Thx to have signed in and thx for your wish.
I saw that u run an in game shop, well EntropiaBay.com is the perfect partner for you.
First at all i suggest you to open a shop inside EntropiaBay.com. You can create it from : My account/Account/Storefront and to create it is totally FREE.
The storefront is a collection of all your offers, it can show your banner 468x60 plus a shop logo 80x60.
People can search items directly in your shop and can read more about your shop offers. Moreover it show your feedback with the relative comments.
Just to be clear the EntropiaBay.com is and will be always for free.
Moreover the website run , for a while, some ads space for free, why not ads your shop?????
read more about here:
http://www.entropiabay.com/sponsor.asp
thx

I was looking at this option and will take advantage off this service soon when I get time to sit down and have a look at what I can make to sell.
The shop that I was linking too was not my shop, I just have some items there, so entropiabay will be my primary place for bussinses.

This is a great site. Very nice work here. This will allow us to buy things in sets, ex( ghost armor M set) one shot very cool

thx a lot, In EntropiaBay.com you can found this and much more. In effect we created many options reading the EF wish list, and sell full armor set is one of them.

Another suggestion.

The icons that represent the different types of auction (classifieds, trade etc) are not very intuitive. It would be nice with a small explaining text when you hoover your mouse over the icon.

thx for this suggestion we have insert this in our upgrade list
thx

I hope you are advertising more than just these forums.

I will mention it to my society mates for sure...

Also, I am trying to find the catagory for explosive projectiles, but I can't find it. Is there a way to add items to the list?

thx for your questions, those are the info you are looking for:

explosive projectiles : they are already in our database
crafting/materials/consumable/explosive projectiles
Our database is a mix of peauction and entropedia style. If u think is not insert in the right section just suggest us what the better for u.

ADS : You know we are working about EntropiaBay.com since months now. We will not give up until some very dramatic happen. We have already our plan about ads; just to know we think we will not use or we will use very sporadically the global EU ads. Like i already said they are a really poor option. People spend months to skills or thousand of ped to buy a shop and then they can just ads their profession/activity/business using a poor basic text. Not nice.
I think we will use a lot pet service, screen service, PR, banner in EF (i hope) and in other EU related website (i hope). ofc in EntropiaBay.com you run your business , you are the first one to must be interested about people look at your offers, so we really hope u make some good publicity about EntropiaBay.com between your soc and friends.

Back