News: Announcing Triton Industries Shares

That is totally true, although I would not blame it solely on that the developer considers a project done and moves on. It's in human nature with any such thing, anything new and shiny is attracting attention and then it ebbs down again. Why your hint is valuable is because people tend to buy in upon an impulse and not rationality, and then get disappointed when the inevitable occurs but it would have been totally foreseeable. On the other side of the equation, the developer of course knows of this behaviour. And it's not MA alone who would capitalize on it, the whole world operates like that.
I have to disagree with you and defend developers.
As a software developer myself I spent enough time in small-medium sized companies. And yes this is where MA fits.

Developers in such companies are very often frustrated and have hands tied down.
They want to have more time to do better quality product or to finish something at all.
Unfortunately the culprits responsible for most cases of not delivering, delivering underdeveloped and untested content are EVIL BUSINESS PEOPLE.
They are the ones with a say on what is being worked on, for how long and to what standard.

While of course MA developers could do better job as we always saw silly bugs or obvious fuckups like recently few maintenance updates with obvious merging issues, it's important to keep in mind that when we point beaming finger, it should be pointed to business guy, not the developer.

Quite a few things he was wrong about, but just to concentrate on the main things he ranted about multiple times every few minutes:
- "this is not taxed area"
- "there is no income from that area"
- "they are selling shares that will not generate any income, because there is no tax"
- "triton industriales is not even a company, they just made it up and try to make money on this fake"

Mind those are not literal quotes (as I don't really have stomach to go back to his video) but things he stated multiple times through portion of video that I saw.

Simple answer why he is soo wrong about this can be summarised as:
- Triton Industriales is an ingame company, created to manage this portion of a land and to split revenue stream from this piece of land
- there is no need for this area to be explicitly taxed to create revenue
- revenue is created by players spending PED on this land, be it hunting or mining
Yes thats also what i mean
It all comes down to not a taxed area Well thats an easy fix in an update

As a software developer myself I spent enough time in small-medium sized companies. And yes this is where MA fits.

Developers in such companies are very often frustrated and have hands tied down.
They want to have more time to do better quality product or to finish something at all.
Unfortunately the culprits responsible for most cases of not delivering, delivering underdeveloped and untested content are EVIL BUSINESS PEOPLE.
They are the ones with a say on what is being worked on, for how long and to what standard.

While of course MA developers could do better job as we always saw silly bugs or obvious fuckups like recently few maintenance updates with obvious merging issues, it's important to keep in mind that when we point beaming finger, it should be pointed to business guy, not the developer.
No I agree, and I actually meant by developer the entire company above, the decision makers who call the shots. I didn't express it clearly, sorry. I make that same distinction when drilling down into such issues. About "evil business people"... I don't really know what's right or wrong anymore. Somehow pretty much all end up like that, even those who started with the best intentions. Maybe it's inevitable. Software development is an endless rabbit hole, you're never really done and always find things to improve. The pea counters always have to stop us somewhere because someone needs to pay for your life there. It's a job with much excitement but little satisfaction...

again.... most probably this will come with a slice of payment from Calypso PP quota of decay just like NTI
400ish global per week... probably 50.000 kills on a 8 ped average = 400.000 ped shot
then there is sand king that has bigger magnitudo but had 40 kills per week or 130.000 Ped
let's round it up to 600.000 Ped per week? including residual tantillions?
ok at 2% decay it is 12.000 ped per week
12.000 / 500.000 = 0.024 Total decay per week
supposing its half for MA half for Planet Partner it is 0.012
then if it is NTI Style it is 0.006 or 1 pec every 2 week that is 26 pec per year
with a yield to be ACCEPTABLE FOR THE RISK i think 8% ? that is 0.26 /0.08 = 3.25 PED per share

I can try a guesstimate of a fail sale at 5..6 and a fallback to 4 Arkadia moon style
CLDT is mid 5% for over the last 6 months, nothing in the game is giving 8 anymore

I agree and not only evil business people, shareholders who invests in wrong business are to blame too.
If someone is only interested in passive income when buying shares should stay the f**k out of the
entertainment business. They should be in manufacturing business.
People buying shares in entertainment business should be the one who buys them for their genuine interest
in the service and product the company offer, and not the profit. With a genuine interest and understanding
of whats need to be done and developed, even these people will eventually have a profit fromm dividend too.

We really need clarification on this, but my current assumption, based is understood from the wording of the NTI model, that, of the planet calypso planet partner take from hunting in these areas..:

50% goes to playing CLDs
50% will go to paying the holders of these new deeds.

So MA sells off all proceeds from hunting on these two areas...again, we really need Ludvig to help clarify this.
Not just hunting, but mining and crafting there too.
As i remember it was confirmed NTI shares get revenue after crafting too in the area.

So its basically MA sells future income from the area for instant money, well, mostly money already in game, but tied to the game and cannot be withdrawn anymore.

That's not the main reason, the main reason is that they never developed an area where shares were bought once all were sold.
Even if the source of income might be attractive at start, it will decrease once the hype is over and be prepared to buy next zychion shares because development will be over for triton.
true

The utter silence from MA reps (side-eyeing @Ludvig|MindArk ) about the players' reaction in this post tells me everything I need to know.
I was thinking the same thing, compounded by the repeated times I've seen them viewing the thread too.

"Improved communication" takes yet another hit here.

Will noone think of the SandKing?? Being privatized in another unscrupulous move that further decreases MA's liability's.. (I won't say i told you so).

Poor SandKing. Poor Rex's and that magnificent mission.

Traesk and Levi's next.. Feff pit, a STAND TAX SHARES for the sellers who hang out at Twin.. Swamp wave shares, Raging bull shares.. Actually..

MA having been offering a lot of raging bull shares for a few years now.

Will noone think of the SandKing?? Being privatized in another unscrupulous move that further decreases MA's liability's.. (I won't say i told you so).

Poor SandKing. Poor Rex's and that magnificent mission.

Traesk and Levi's next.. Feff pit, a STAND TAX SHARES for the sellers who hang out at Twin.. Swamp wave shares, Raging bull shares.. Actually..

MA having been offering a lot of raging bull shares for a few years now.
Too be fair, for the hunter it makes ZERO diffrence. The shares only take out of the regular decay tax MA always takes no matter where.

Too be fair, for the hunter it makes ZERO diffrence. The shares only take out of the regular decay tax MA always takes no matter where.
this is 100% true.
i confirm my projections for the return but i want to add some "positive factor" in the island
1. Rextelum are a nice skilling monster for several reasons
- big quantity of shrapnels that allow easy recycle of ammo
- drop Output components (level 22 ones are smallest dropping monstes (excluding the rare drop off level 2 baby sea wraith on cyrene)
- have a kind 4 codex rewarding analysis
- have double dip on "entropia master" series of killpoint missions (194tt LB or 62 tt Evader as a reward or some less with 1 point stamina
- they are pure viceroy armor on lower maturities allowing easy tanking
- swarm is rare even on melee max 4 targets
- requirement of 30 evader is rather modest

i would add taming to level 22 ones with a daily "tame the skorpion" mission to let ppl use their Boigas

I would gladly buy shares if the share sales came with a contract that guaranteed that at least 60% of all proceeds from share sales for a given area would specifically be routed into development for that area in the form of new items, new creatures, new missions. accompanied by a roadmap with a solemn obligation to fully complete it with X time.

Money market IRL is much better and less risky than EU anyway.
Exactly

Makes sense for Mindark to cash in on the Sand King while it still looks like an attractive investment. Dare say they are planning to release more high end shared content -- like was released this week -- which over time will dilute interest in the Sand King and its loots and make it hard for investors to claw back their ped.

Same with RT, but it's coming in the near future
i dunno. maybe. seems like if you expect your business to grow, you wouldn't deliberately spin off some of your revenue stream into perpetuity for immediate cash, unless you expected enough player deposit growth to offset it.

i dunno. maybe. seems like if you expect your business to grow, you wouldn't deliberately spin off some of your revenue stream into perpetuity for immediate cash, unless you expected enough player deposit growth to offset it.
The thing is the fees alone make up any dividends MA pays out. So it’s short term gain with zero long term loss

The thing is the fees alone make up any dividends MA pays out. So it’s short term gain with zero long term loss
depends on how often they change hands. i can't even guess how often a given share might change hands but, let's say they pay out 1 pec a week, and each share trades hands on average twice a year. they would need to take fees equal to 26 pec per share per transaction in order to break even and be out nothing.

i don't have the numbers in front of me for the exchange. what kind of fees are there again?

When buying or selling Shares there is a minimum fee of 0.25 and a max fee of 25 Ped.
Because of the minimum fee, it's best to buy/sell a minimum of 5 or more at a time. We pay the 0.25 minimum fee when we buy/sell 1-5 Shares at a time.
What I like about the Entropia Exchange, if we have a sell order in place and our listing does not sell and times out, we get the fee back minus the minimum fee of 0.25.

Additionally, If we buy 5 Shares we pay a 0.25 fee. If these shares pay out 0.01 weekly, the fee will have been covered in 5 weeks.
I wanted to add this because Draniie was giving a bit of bad information in an earlier reply when saying: Every sale/purchase of shares from one person to another cost a fee of more than they'll make in like a year of owning the share.
That statement is only true if you buy 1 share at a time, paying a 0.25 fee but, if you buy 5 shares and pay a 0.25 fee everything changes.

Last edited:
The fees are not quite as described above. There is a fee on both buyers and sellers, but the seller cannot know how the buyers will buy. If buyers just buy in ones, there is a fee of 25 pecs each time, up to I think .25% of the total selling offer (which is initially set aside).
It thus makes a relative difference whether you are trading 10 ped shares or 40 ped shares, but basically it is better to buy at least 5 or so to split the 25 pecs basic fee amongst more shares, and it's better to hope people buy several of your offering at a time too.

If none at all sell, then yes, the removed initial amount is returned, minus 25 pecs. Maybe somebody can explain better, but it's tricky...

It should be something that MA is transparent about, to be honest, with examples.

Last edited:
Back