Anti-Aliasing not working

Huskie

Elite
Society
Apocalyptic Uprising
John Huskie Hunt
Been trying to start the game using AA (both 2x and 4x) and shortly after launching I get the following error message:

Display initialization error said:
Renderer creation error: DirectX renderer could not be created. Possible reason: the video card do not (sic) have enough available video memory. Shut down other applications and try again.

I have a 6600 graphics card, and I can play games with extremely complex graphics (F.E.A.R., HL2, etc.) with quite good settings, without problems, even with higher AA settings than 4x.

Is anybody else having this problem?

PE is a heavy graphics hog just like EQ2 is, Im running a 6600 gt card and have issues running certain other games under detailed settings.

Yup same prob here.. I have an Asus 7900GT 256MB ddr3... it can handle pe and any other games just nicely, but when i use the client loader to enable AA it gives me the same error. However in the properties of my vid card i can set AA and AF much higher and then PE works like a charm.

I filed a supportcase about this (see their answer below) but they told me that they had not gotten any other support cases with the same problem described, and they don't really know whats wrong. I tried their solution as described below but it did not fix the problem.

So i would like to ask everyone that has this prob, to file a supportcase so the team can find a solution :)

03 May 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,

Make sure you have set in the Nvida control panel AA Settings "Application-Controlled" and try again.

We have not had any similar reports, and therefore we think its related to some setting regarding your graphic card.

If you do not come to any conclusion, we suggest re-installing the graphic card , as well as direct X.

Please get back to us and lets us know if this information helped your or not, and if problem persists you are of course welcome to ask for further advice.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Offtopic: I thought this was a pretty nice response from MA, although they don't really know whats wrong, they left the case open and invited me to contact them formore support if needed

Weird, my setting is already at "Application controlled". :scratch:

If I set it on a higher AA, will the game work then (that's how I interpreted what you meant in the last sentence of your firszt paragraph)?

I got the same error message. I have a GF 6600 GT 128 MB and have been using driver controlled settings for AA and AF. Made a profile for PE.exe. I changed AA for application controlled before I even the tried client loaders AA but got that error message. Since AF is in that profile too it's just the same for me to use driver controlled settings for both.

It also gives me that error and i have both AA and AF on "Let the application decide".

But... considering we are talking about MA, were you expecting that the option in the CL was going to work right away? j/k :silly2:

I'm sticking to having a settings profile for EU.

I have an ATI 9600 pro

Huskie said:
Weird, my setting is already at "Application controlled". :scratch:

If I set it on a higher AA, will the game work then (that's how I interpreted what you meant in the last sentence of your firszt paragraph)?

Yup thats what i ment :)
It doesn't work for me either when i set it to "application coontrolled" and use the clientloader to turn on AA.

I did pretty much the same as Velox did, made a profile for PE in my vidcard properties and enabled AA and AF in there, that way you don't need to use the clientloader.

I still wanna suggest everyone who has this prob to file a supportcase so MA can fix it, and since they now think i am the only one who has the prob... :/

Same Problem here but it occures only if I activate AA and use PE Assistent.

It seams as if PE Ass has a problem with how the AA is working in the game.

Try either not load PE Ass or when you need PEAss switch off AA should let you play again.

Raffaele Meiers said:
Same Problem here but it occures only if I activate AA and use PE Assistent.

It seams as if PE Ass has a problem with how the AA is working in the game.

Try either not load PE Ass or when you need PEAss switch off AA should let you play again.

Well, not necessarily...
I'm using PEAss and the CL AA option set to 4x and it works like a charm... ATI Radeon 9250 128MB :)
P. :smoke:

My anti-aliasing doesn't work either, no matter if I run PEass or not.
I always get the same error message. Forcing anti-aliasing from ATIs control panel works though.

Radeon 9600 / 256MB

I had the same issue but it was solved with uninstalling graphics driver, reinstalling directx and putting on latest dna drivers.

J.

Interesting... as sugested i tried to run EU with the CL AA at 4x without loading PEAss and it worked, with PEAss turned on it gives me that error. :confused:

Yes PEAss can cause this problem. If you want to run both, configure your AA/AF settings in your driver control panel instead of the ClientLoader (though for some people it does work, so I guess this depends on your driver version as well). This'll often work better anyways because you can also set AF instead of just AA, and you have 'more' control over it than in the CL.

Back