Any skill benefit killing punies when you're medium skilled?

thoreau

Elite
Hiro Protagonist
Imagine you're a level 40 Laser Sniper. Your goal is to get to level 70.

You decide to do the Puny Iron Missions. Just for fun.

Is there any benefit of using a laser weapon for this? Will you get any skill gain at level 40 using a low level weapon?

Would it be better to cross train at this point? Maybe pistol/shortblade/longblade etc? Would cross training help you achieve your ultimate goal of getting to level 70 Laser Sniper?

Thanks

Can't say about lvl 40 but at lvl 30 you still get lots of skills from killing punies. You get less skill/hour compared to bigger mobs but beyond doubt you get way more skill/PED cycled.

The most likely explanation to that is the bonus green that comes on killing the mob - more mobs killed, more bonus.

Also, there might be some truth to "more decay, more skill" theory (at least assuming all other things being equal), so S.I. HK110 (which is an unusually decaying laser weapon) might be your gun of choice.

Can't say about lvl 40 but at lvl 30 you still get lots of skills from killing punies. You get less skill/hour compared to bigger mobs but beyond doubt you get way more skill/PED cycled.

The most likely explanation to that is the bonus green that comes on killing the mob - more mobs killed, more bonus.

Also, there might be some truth to "more decay, more skill" theory (at least assuming all other things being equal), so S.I. HK110 (which is an unusually decaying laser weapon) might be your gun of choice.

At least in the old days, the skill gain was directly tied to TT burned (like combination of ammo decay and ammo burned).. Maybe it changed, but I doubt it..

So, you get the same % of your TT burned, you just burn a very low amount per hour on punnies, so the skill gain you get is extremely small compared to bigger hunting? But you still gain the fixed %, got it?

If your goal is to go from 40 to 70 laser sniper, then I'd suggest the quickest route would be to only use laser rifles.

That's how I did it anyway. :sniper:

PS: unamped Opalo works well on Puny.

Subscribing! :yup:

I havnt really killed any real number of punys but when it comes to mobs in general it seems to follow one simple rule

Threatlevel vs hp. A level 20 mob with 4000hp will give far less skills then a level 40 with 2000hp

So I would assume the same applies to punys. They have very low level but then they also have low hp, so you should gain some skills, but.. dont expect fast skilling :tongue2:

Back