Help: anyone can gave me some advice on Investing 500kped?

Give me 500PED and you will get an advice worth all your investment :)

Or he could play durrrr HU :cool:

nah, durrrr would suckout as usual :rolleyes:

to the OP, I believe that to make 500k peds work well for you, you should have enough ingame knowledge to not have to ask the question in the first place.

Last edited:
unluckly i lost my job the day before yesterday
so i want to do some invest to earn my living in EU
and i sincerely hope someone may gave me some advice on a budget 500kped

anyone can give me some advice on Investing 500kped?

In case you are serious and not a provocateur:

May the force be with you! You will need it, a LOT! :eyecrazy:

So utterly unbelievably wrong I'd almost consider this a troll post, or haven't you been watching the S&P500 over the last 2 years?

Actually, right now investing in stocks would be a great idea. Have you been watching the S&P 500 the last 6 months? We just recently broke 1,000 points for the first time in nearly a year. And I am LOVING my investment portfolio again! :love: :laugh:

But more on topic, you're looking at a HUGE risk investing that kind of money into EU, ESPECIALLY if you just lost your job. I'm not saying to not do it, but you should think about it VERY carefully. The fact that you're asking the community for help on this tells me you probably don't know what you're doing.

What I would do if I were you, put that $50,000 into Certificates of Deposit (CD's). This gives a higher return rate than a standard savings account and can give you some supplemental income while you're job searching as you can have the CD's mature and payout at different intervals.

Now if you find a job and still have money left for EU, I'd say go for it. If that investment into EU works out and makes more money than your current job, go ahead and make EU full time. But I would much rather see the EU thing grow into a person's job than someone trying to immediately make it their job... you still need to put food on the table and clothes on your back...

Last edited:

Ryl dont invest to expect return.....

something else to consider...

Something else to consider if you have not invested in EU yet... is that MA's bank fees (not sure if it all goes to MA or all to the bank or some portion cut between the two) = 3%... and certain banks (most of them at least in the United States) takes another 3% as an international fee... meaning that just to convert your dollars in to peds is going to cost you potentially 6% loss off the top before any of it hits the pedcard. With big investments, that adds up to a major amount of money!... especially considering more fees will come out if you ever try to withdraw the peds in to real world cash again...

Something else to consider if you have not invested in EU yet... is that MA's bank fees (not sure if it all goes to MA or all to the bank or some portion cut between the two) = 3%... and certain banks (most of them at least in the United States) takes another 3% as an international fee... meaning that just to convert your dollars in to peds is going to cost you potentially 6% loss off the top before any of it hits the pedcard. With big investments, that adds up to a major amount of money!... especially considering more fees will come out if you ever try to withdraw the peds in to real world cash again...

No, you just do a wire transfer, your bank charges you a nominal fee and MA charges nothing.

seriously, dont. go on holidy first and get some perspective.

if you have to ask this question then you are not ready to make that sort of investment unless you are willing to risk losing a large chunk of it. put in only as much of that as you would be willing to write off if MA servers went dead tomorrow. some say, as a general investment strategy never put more than 10 in a single investment, others suggest 20%, that should give you a good idea of a max.

If you are still considering it, the only real investment in EU is land*, everything else is just varying degrees of expense. (some might include hanagars, but highly speculative right now). LA +DNA maybe 250k? if i had a spare (ie from a much larger pool of cash) $50k thats what i'd do along with an Imp fap and a high dps weapon.

put the rest between deposit/major share markets 50/50 or what ever you feel comfortable with. could pay to go to college/uni/study professional qualifications. deposit on a fricking house.

Hmm...500k...beside of aaarrrggghhhh All I could say is..
Buy Some LA's..get some good mobs there...do Some Publicity and Contests..
Best Way I can think of...if your bored of doing nothing by that way...Buy An hangar and start flying people to cnd and cp, when te uptdate is back...if you still are bored...Resel Some Ores and enmaters...All Money Grown Things...

This threads a crock of shit, no it is.. really.

It is.

Become a reseller. Hold onto items for years and years, and get a friend to buy them on auction at ridiculous prices, then sell those worthless items to noobs who don't know any better by offering them "below market price" as "bargains".

Sure, people might hate you, but you'll be making money.

Alternatively, use EU as a tax dodge way of investing in currency, and withdraw when the time is right (assuming you don't live in US)

Or you could get a casual or part time job to cover basic expenses and then just play EU for 100 hours a week .....?

Might I suggest that you actually do some hunting/mining/crafting/whatever it is with a *small* portion of those funds first. Kinda useful to understand how the system works before just chipping in/throwing away money to do something you don't actually like.

Actually, right now investing in stocks would be a great idea. Have you been watching the S&P 500 the last 6 months? We just recently broke 1,000 points for the first time in nearly a year. And I am LOVING my investment portfolio again! :love: :laugh:

Of course, I am back in the black again in stocks as well, mainly because i bought a lot in Jan/Feb. But saying it is a 100% guaranteed investment with 0% chance of loss is beyond ridiculous, it's ricockulous. It looks to me like he's trying to live on this money, which means the bulk of it doesn't belong in EU or Stocks.

ty for your heart antball06 ,i am not good at stock
and anyone can tell me ,if i invest it to 2 land ,how much i can get every month?

If u have to ask the community about this, u'r probably not good enough in EU aswell... :coffee:

no offence... but I wouldnt do it if I were you ;) not myself even!
You will definitely get more from bank interest then a LA or two..

just my two pec :cool:

Seems to me u are going to make a big gamble with the money... what if u lose everything? Any backup plans? I cant give any good advice because i never had any first hand experiences with LA/Hangars. For the first LA without good DNA is not good, so getting a mining LA seems alright. Hangards require alot of tedious work imo.

With that amount of peds and good market knowledge, its very possible to become a reseller...

My advice is; if you dont know yourself what to invest in, dont do it. Especially not in a game.
Dont trust banks with stockexhanges, dont trust other words on the internet. Only trust yourself and what you know is good, not what you feel might be good.

If you want to invest in entropia, learn yourself what and where to invest, if you dont have the time to do so, just skip the idea of investing all toghter. (And you wont learn from threads like this.)

(And no, im not bullshitting around for once)

Mate, For $50,000 move to the Philippines and open up a small dive shop. make a living and don't waste that kind of money in a video game.

you can live decently for 3-4 years in the Philippines for that kind of cash.

anyway good luck to you

Get a new RL job then invest in EU. It will take a long time to make money in this game. I would also wait for the other Planets to get going. They could provide a significant financial opportunity or they could destroy the whole thing by spreading the player base out to much...

Invest in anything else but this. With a lack of knowledge of the EU world it would not be wise. Better odds @ a slot machine probably ;)

This threads a crock of shit, no it is.. really.

It is.

At first I was wondering where dj. was to stomp on this BS.

But I had missed it in a quick scan of the thread. :yay:

You people are extremely gullible.

Depo 5k PEDs and check out if you are able to make profit from it in whatever chosen profession. If you are you might got enough experience to invest. IF not then you have enough money left to look out for rl opportunities and not too much spent in EU...

ty all!!! i am still searching job !and i am still intend to deposit to 50k$, but its not now ,i must get feasible play,and go to a little try,after its will 50k$ not 5$
I must caution

ty all again!!! hope u all good in EU
bestregards!!!!!!!!!

ty all!!! i am still searching job !and i am still intend to deposit to 50k$, but its not now ,i must get feasible play,and go to a little try,after its will 50k$ not 5$
I must caution

ty all again!!! hope u all good in EU
bestregards!!!!!!!!!

Smart man,

Learn more, experience more and come to know more of Entropia Universe first.

Good luck with the choice you make. Please don't rush it - You will kick yourself.

Test drive the service - Read a lot about other people's experiences then make a good decision my friend.

As a caution tip: Much must improve here before investors like you can become serious about investing those sums of money and feel secure in doing so.

Positive tip: Things are always improving here - Slowly, they take time.

gl with finding the new job,
Sparkz

If you have to ask what to invest in, then i don't think you should invest.
You obviously have too little knowledge of the game to ever succeed in making a living out of it.
Put the money in a savings account and come back after a few years of studying the game :)

Actually after depo it is more of a 48250$, because theres the 3,5% fee :D

unluckly i lost my job the day before yesterday
so i want to do some invest to earn my living in EU
and i sincerely hope someone may gave me some advice on a budget 500kped

anyone can give me some advice on Investing 500kped?

*tossing a cookie*
*troll eats and happily walks away*

Lawl you guys are still on this.:rolleyes::bs::rolleyes:

something else...

Something else to consider might be using STTS. The original one no longer exists, but there will be/is a new one being started! :)

You also could try doing something similar to the original STTS with your own cash. That many peds would give you a good running start with it, if you are highly organized, and have some friends that own some shops or just set aside some of the cash to buy your own shops to start something like that.

Also, Dead Man's Plunder is already a consignment shop and I plan to convert my apartment booth and shopkeepers in to one in the near future, if we ever get apartments online again. Entropia Investment fund started out like STTS and now owns a couple LAs and a hanger. You could start something similar to that, like it was in the original days... where they bought stuff at TT prices, sold it, and shared profits back to the original item owner.

Advantage to that sort of thing, even if it's not super fast profits, is that it minimizes your losses, and is low risk... you pay TT price for stuff, and if you have to, you can TT the stuff to get 100% of your investment back. Other, more risky, speculation buying will get you a lot more risk. Risk is bad when you are talking about this much cash.

Back