Art competition

davidgr1200

Elite
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Maxic
In order to encourage people to produce art for Entropia and also to find some nice art to hang on my apartment wall in TI Gold 4D, I am holding an art competition.
Basically you have to produce a piece of art which will fit nicely onto a Reon-W sign. The winner will receive 10000 EFD and, if I like it enough, I will load it into the game where it will be visible for everyone to come and look at. So this is your chance to get some art into the game without having to pay a lot of PED for it.
Please post links to the picture in this thread

Note format should be "landscape" rather than portrait.

Rules:
1. Subject can be anything
2. Size 1024x512 pixels (i.e. Landscape format)
3. I will have the right to upload it into the game and hang it on my apartment wall
4. I will have the right to sell this 1 copy to someone else in the game if I so desire (the creator will get first refusal)
5. All other rights will remain with the creator
6. The winner will receive 10000 EFD
7. I reserve the right to not load the artwork into the game if the winner is not to my taste - the prize of 10000 EFD will still be paid to the winner.
8. Closing date for entries June 30th

So get drawing (or photographing)!

Last edited:
Good initiative,

I'll donate 5K efd.

bump

:wtg:

Thanks Baradur, I have now raised the prize to 6000 EFD.

only 1 entry or ... ?

Nice competition, I am glad to see you upped the prize. I herby donate another 4000 EFD to make it an even 10K. :)

Now lets se some art people! :yay:

Cheers :beerchug:

Thanks JackFree - The prize has now increased to 10 000 EFD. No entries yet, but it's early days.

thenx and here is land scape

Looking good :) you should try to put them in the requested format (I know it is painted irl... try photoshopping it in the right dimension!) I like the second one a lot!

Cail, looks very NEAT. what proggies do you use?:wtg:

and just to spice things up

sample_293708.jpg

just some recycling from my "terranova" archive ;)

We need more entries!

pixie

I use only Pixie to make the size of image... I dont know how to make that picture in Land scape. :)

I agree with you Baradur, the one with the road/building is nicest so far. Whether it would work in another format without being too distorted is another matter.

Your entry reminds me of Myst...

Maxic

here is my entry "Birth of AI"... [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

1024x508 looks like that

It's very interesting to compare the same picture in two different formats. Making it wider changes the feeling quite a bit. The thinner one gives a more "threatening" appearance and makes me think of silos. The wider picture feels more relaxed, but more artificial. I actually prefer the thinner one, which was probably why you painted it that way! I do like the use of colour though.

Looking forward to more entries

tenx

thenx and I have more work i will post tomorow.

Very nice work everyone! :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Very nice entries so far! GJ everyone.. let's see more :yay:

I think the brown tone is to heavy
I agree with you there, Lina. You have to look quite closely to see what the subject is which makes it less suitable for hanging on a wall. Might be interesting to see a full-colour version of this one?

Thanks for entering the competition

Another nice entry Arthurs!
The competition is heating up

how about this work?

my first entry...call it Modern EU Art :p

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

added one more..im in learning phase ^^

Last edited:
Ok, first nice idea, however I cant find myself in the rules and I cant do anything with EFD myself so I am not submiting for the contest.

However since your looking for art, I am offering two pieces for sale.
They are both in the format you are looking for.

Ocean view.

Warrior.

Regards.
Ion

Shadow71.
I like the EU reference in your first picture!

Atlan Leticron
The first of your two was nicest. I have noted that they are not in the competition. Thanks for showing us anyway.

Arthurs.
Plenty of nice entries from you. One thing I notice though, they look really nice in the small format but when looking at them in full resolution they are somewhat lacking in detail. Maybe that is intentional, and perhaps it is a result of using oils. Or then again, perhaps it is the transition from canvas to digital format that results in a loss of detail?

Keep 'em coming!

Back