ATM cards

rawen

Guardian
Hmm didnt se any other threads on this so gotta ask a lill.

If im understanding this correctly we should first pay 250 ped for the card then 35 ped everymonth + ON TOPP OF that 35 ped for EVERY transaktion made with this card, is this really right or am I missunderstanding this? Something tells me with these fees I have no reason to leave off my visa ever

rawen said:
Hmm didnt se any other threads on this so gotta ask a lill.

If im understanding this correctly we should first pay 250 ped for the card then 35 ped everymonth + ON TOPP OF that 35 ped for EVERY transaktion made with this card, is this really right or am I missunderstanding this? Something tells me with these fees I have no reason to leave off my visa ever
The 250 PED purchase fee im 100% certain is correct, the rest of the information i havent gotten confirmed yet.. working on that atm..

ED Team are collecting screenshots of all the VU Update at the moment..

so just for the reference of people not able to log in yet.......

You will find the stats & info for ATM Cards.... >>> Click Here <<<

I know if you buy the ATM card, you can't sell it back to TT if you change your mind... you are stuck with it.

From reading JD's screens it appears there is a 35 ped fee per month, per transaction, and per transfer from PED card to ATM card. Also something about 35 ped for "advance" which I don't understand.

Price and Service charge:

The Entropia Universe Cash Card is available for purchase for 250 PED. The Entropia Universe Cash Card has also a fixed monthly service fee of 35 PED. Any use you make with your Entropia Universe Cash Card will be charge with an additional 35 PED charge for a single transaction.

You will be also charge 35 PED for any advance limit replenishment (from your PED Card to your Entropia Universe Cash Card), and additional 35 PED for every transaction from your Entropia Universe Cash Card to your PED card.

:eek:

What I don´t understand. For example:

I transfer 10k PEDs from my PED Card to the ATM Card, can I go to my bank and get the money cash? Sorry for a dumb question but I don´t get it....

nice job MA you managed to implemet my 'worst case senario' ATM card THAT takes some skills.

lol I actually dont think it would be possible to charge at any more points in the process, I didnt see a 35ped charge for removal from your wallet but I'm sure the only thing stopping that happening is that the card technology currently would not allow it :rolleyes:

:laugh: good comment, kygon :)

kygon said:
nice job MA you managed to implemet my 'worst case senario' ATM card THAT takes some skills.

lol I actually dont think it would be possible to charge at any more points in the process, I didnt see a 35ped charge for removal from your wallet but I'm sure the only thing stopping that happening is that the card technology currently would not allow it :rolleyes:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Here goes the 35 PED monthly fee! Since MA is making everyithing to let only depositers stay in game, they all gonna have a card.

Btw i wonder what happens if u decide to have a rest from EU let's say for 6 month. Will u have to pay 210 peds when u get back? And what will happen if u don't have the needed amount of peds? Court? Locked account?

kygon said:

Yeah, I posted a thread a while ago when the ATM card was announced outlining some things that could happen. This goes beyond even *my* speculation! 35 peds per use...250 peds to buy it and 35 peds a month?

Like I said before, use your peds to buy stuff in EU. Use your cash to buy stuff in RL.

If you make TONS of PEDs and want easy access to them, great. If you are a scammer who wants to get money out of the game more quickly before your account is banned, even better....

So I was reading this right then )= Cannot say im suprised must say it makes me sad. Honestly this looked GOOD when MA intrruduced it now I realise its just another money sceme. One time use of this card comes down to 320 ped for using it ONCE. Then if I wanna keep the card I have to pay 35 ped a month 70 ped a month if I wanna use it once.

So I would like Marcos answer to this. Give me ONE only ONE good reason to use this card instead of my visa. And no I do not mind the w8ing time when withdrawing.

To be a game without monthly fees MA is currently working as hell to make sure everyone gets em anyways. Rents Cards whats next you can have this armor for 7k peds and 50 ped a week........

Frigid said:
Yeah, I posted a thread a while ago when the ATM card was announced outlining some things that could happen. This goes beyond even *my* speculation! 35 peds per use...250 peds to buy it and 35 peds a month?

Like I said before, use your peds to buy stuff in EU. Use your cash to buy stuff in RL.

If you make TONS of PEDs and want easy access to them, great. If you are a scammer who wants to get money out of the game more quickly before your account is banned, even better....

It costs about 35peds to get cash from a bank not your own in the US so that is about right. But not for purchasing items at retailers as that is usually free.

The 35PED a month fee is just absurd. We need some explanation on the “advance” fee as I suspect it deals with when you overdraw your account through a non-authorized charge (you buy dinner for 25.00 and you have 26.00 in your account so it goes through then you add a 4.00 tip to the bill and you are now over. Is my guess)

There is no way I am going to get a card with the monthly service fee…period.

Normal bank fee for a visa card is something like 4 USD/Year, not/month. I was so looking forward for this card, and now i`m me kinda sad cos of how it turned out. The only good thing would be to have some RL friends that play Entropia and buy this card this card together. 35ped/3 or 4 for eg is not that much, but that complicates things a lot.

Da Snake said:
It costs about 35peds to get cash from a bank not your own in the US so that is about right. But not for purchasing items at retailers as that is usually free.

The 35PED a month fee is just absurd. We need some explanation on the “advance” fee as I suspect it deals with when you overdraw your account through a non-authorized charge (you buy dinner for 25.00 and you have 26.00 in your account so it goes through then you add a 4.00 tip to the bill and you are now over. Is my guess)

There is no way I am going to get a card with the monthly service fee…period.

i am not defending monthly fee,

but many cards charge 39-99$ yearly fee...

and yes, I wont pay monthly fee either since it is just a fasion thing (atm card) for 90% of players...

and look at this - 100peds regular withdraw fee can be seen as 35 (monthly) +35 (load atm card) + 30 (withdraw fee)

so for people that withdraw monthly it is the same just without a wait...
but how many of those are ingame...?

the way I think about it is that its almost a bloody global to transfer to it, and to use it so considering I'm very happy to get 35 peds in a loot I'm equally unhappy about the thought of loosing that AT SO MANY POINTS in this whole ATM card MA profit making scheme

fresco said:

and yes, I wont pay monthly fee either since it is just a fasion thing (atm card) for 90% of players...

and look at this - 100peds regular withdraw fee can be seen as 35 (monthly) +35 (load atm card) + 30 (withdraw fee)

33-99usd fee wtf? The visa I use to deposit into PE charges 4 usd/year fee.

Nice fees there MA. So I guess the target audience for this card is the 10-15 people that own asteroids, islands and land areas?

(Nevermind the rest of us, we're just noobs anyway.)

Eld said:
33-99usd fee wtf? The visa I use to deposit into PE charges 4 usd/year fee.

american express
and many low level cards

btw the visa that i use charges 0 in annual fee

also, checking account bank card - debit card is free, but most of the banks charge monthly fee for checking accounts with low awerage balance.

i am not agreeing with this fee! marely state that it is (fee) a common practice.

fresco said:

in france , when you pay fee for using a atm card , it mean you are total cover with insurance.
And its great insurance for that amount , mean they pay all money steale but also cover "paper" ( or what ever can be in hand bag , often cover you when you travel .....
If you read , the MA ATM card , dont even you from thief.
that mean if someone know it number , they can use it on net and you will pay ....
I even wonder if such a card is alowed in france ....

fresco said:

Man you gotta get a better card. Even my Credit Card has no fees. Never even heard of an ATM card with a monthly fee...

Crux said:
The Entropia Universe Cash Card has also a fixed monthly service fee of 35 PED.

that's fucking hilariously pathetic :laugh: :eek: :laugh: (and the first time Ive ever cursed on the forum).

Last edited:
Da Snake said:
Man you gotta get a better card. Even my Credit Card has no fees. Never even heard of an ATM card with a monthly fee...

hehe... :girl: ....

fresco said:
american express
and many low level cards

btw the visa that i use charges 0 in annual fee

also, checking account bank card - debit card is free, but most of the banks charge monthly fee for checking accounts with low awerage balance.

i am not agreeing with this fee! marely state that it is (fee) a common practice.

The whole atm card would be so funny, if it wasn't so sad :rolleyes: :(

Morg said:
that's fucking hilariously pathetic :laugh: :eek: :laugh: (and the first time Ive ever cursed on the forum).

Lol, well said i guess. I'm not buying one. All those fees attached to it don't interest me. I hope it will help a select few in Entropia make quicker transactions, but for me, i will just go about it the good old fashion way.

ATM card loaded with FEES

*250ped perchase FEE
+
*35ped Monthly FEE
+
*35ped transaction FEE
+
*35ped Fee to put peds onto you ATM card
+
*35ped FEE to put peds back onto ped card

:eek: :laugh: :eek:

by buying the card, you agree to all the terms and conditions set forth on the agreement page...

www.agreement.entropiauniverse.com

which currently cannot be found on the internet.

edit: consider this a "buyer beware"

Morg said:
*250ped perchase FEE
+
*35ped Monthly FEE
+
*35ped transaction FEE
+
*35ped Fee to put peds onto you ATM card
+
*35ped FEE to put peds back onto ped card

:eek: :laugh: :eek:

by buying the card, you agree to all the terms and conditions set forth on the agreement page...

www.agreement.entropiauniverse.com

which currently cannot be found on the internet.

edit: consider this a "buyer beware"

Arn't you glad MA offices are not in Tokyo?

Cost of Living 2005

1 Tokyo, Japan
2 Osaka, Japan
3 London, United Kingdom
Moscow, Russia
Seoul, South Korea
Geneva, Switzerland
Zurich, Switzerland
Copenhagen, Denmark
9 Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Oslo, Norway
Milan, Italy
Paris, France
New York City, United States
Dublin, Ireland
15 St. Petersburg, Russia
Vienna, Austria
17 Rome, Italy
Stockholm, Sweden

These fees do not surprise me in the least.

I fully expected high transaction fees for this card, but even still, these are higher than I have seen for similiar cards (ie. neteller.com ATM card).

Think about it: why would MA make it easy and low priced to remove money from the entropia economy? It would make no business sense to do this. With the ATM card, they can grab their expected profit on the way out.

This is another move by MA to grab press, which isn't such a very bad thing, in my opinion. If you dont like the fees or structure of the card, don't get one.

Anyway, I would guess that most people have more problems getting money in game rather than out.

In many ways, I don't like the idea of massive numbers of people pullng PEDs from the economy anyway. This cannot benefit the economy as a whole, and certainly not those who have invested significantly in the universe.

Last edited:
neomaven said:
This cannot benefit the economy as a whole, and certainly not those who have invested significantly in the universe.

is this a joke?

Back