Automatical rent payment

Dorki

Dominant
Society
Guess Who
Michal Dorki Dorcak
I know that every reseller out there will probably -rep me :D. But i have to bring this idea up. There are some resellers who brought prices of appartments, houses and shops up. It was unnatural process and it p*ssed me off. The worst thing is that they can do this and they don't even have to pay rent.

I think that it would be great to implement some kind of automatical rent payment. MA should automaticaly withdraw unpaid rent for every appartment/house/shop that one has. Doesn't matter if estate deed is in storage. To avoid resellers withdraw all their funds from their ped card in order not to pay the rent, this should be done any time as soon as person gets enough peds on their ped card. This is coz of resellers usually stand at auction and you can pay only using ped card in auction. That means they will have to put their money onto ped card sometime.
This automatical rent payment could really help to scare a lot of estate resellers away. Estates would become much cheaper again.

Another possibility could be MA regularly adding enough new estates of every type. All for some fix prices. This would elimite estate resellers too.

Im really tired of estate prices being so high. What about you?

Brilliant idea man! + rep when I can! I have always wanted an apartment actually...I might get one in the future and a price drop would always be nice! I like the idea of the rent being compulsory-I.e. if youre not using it, sell it on!

The one problem is if you have a deed, you want to sell it but no one wants to buy it-do you have to keep just paying every month until you get rid of it???

If that problem was sorted, this really should be implemented, its a good idea!
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

yeah its not a bad idea. if you have a apartment then you dont mind paying 10 ped amonth, after all if you use it, you have to anyway. if someone wants to buy up a dozen and face a monthly 120ped cost for something they dont use, its going to make them think twice about it. then again they seem happy to pay auction fees every week, so im not sure it would work.

Brilliant idea man! + rep when I can! I have always wanted an apartment actually...I might get one in the future and a price drop would always be nice! I like the idea of the rent being compulsory-I.e. if youre not using it, sell it on!

The one problem is if you have a deed, you want to sell it but no one wants to buy it-do you have to keep just paying every month until you get rid of it???

If that problem was sorted, this really should be implemented, its a good idea!
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

y, thats good point. In my opinion, MA could sort this out. If they would put in new estates regularly, then they could implement some option to sell those estates back to them via TT for those fix selling prices.
I know that this sounds like "state" controlled prices, but im sure it would only benefit the comunity of normal participants. By normal i mean non resellers.

on one hand, I like the idea, not as presented, but, I would like my shops rents to be paid automatically... saves me some hassle...

But, on the other hand, there are apts I have that I use for storage, that I don't visit for months at a time.

Also, if you increase the fees behind having an apt, then you also will eventually increase the cost to buy one. Resellers don't mind auction fees, because they just factor it into their price... I'd think they'd do the same with apts.

This is something we discussed together :)

Indeed current system plays somewhat more in favour of estate speculants and price manipulators than those who would could invest and develop their investition further.

This might bit anger the not-so-sucsessfull traders (getting charged each month for their half-empty shop), but i believe positive impact would be higher than negative. Shops would be runned by people who would more interested in developing bussiness instead of lay down some money for a while..., for a very long while actualy when observing for some shops in higher levels at emerald lakes.

Ofcoure reseller can always add maintance cost into selling price ...however as time passes and they are unable find seller...things would get worse and profit would lower by passing months. Guess this would inspire some of them to not keep those for too long for too high price :) ..especialy when more estates would be added too.

Last edited:
This is something we discussed together :)

y, we discussed this together, few times if i remember correctly :)

Ofcoure reseller can always add maintance cost into selling price ...however as time passes and they are unable find seller...things would get worse and profit would lower by passing months. Guess this would inspire some of them to not keep those for too long for too high price :)

Y, but if both ideas were put in, then there would be almost no chance for resellers to control prices. Only buying out all estates that MA puts in. That would be too expensive for them. I think that we discussed this option too. :)

But, on the other hand, there are apts I have that I use for storage, that I don't visit for months at a time.

Hmmm, this could be sorted out too. For example by inproving storages. Allowing some storage upgrade or cheap storage boxes. That would kill the need for apts used as storage. Well, except those at CND.

both of my apartments are pretty storage units. if i had to automatically pay, i'd sell them both. having my store paid automatically wouldnt be all that bad however.

Posted via Mobile Device

I have three apartments.

One I have fully furnished, and use as my avatars virtual home.
But my avatar is a busy man, often out moving about, and might not be home in a month or two...

One is long time storage of stuff, because... 500 items in storage is just not enough... I'd hate to have to pay more for that, as now I see it as extra storage with a 10 ped access fee... I think that's enough.

The third is on CND, its sparingly furnished, but fully functional, and I use it to offload stuff when up on CND mining...

But.. being a jack-of-all-trades, there can go months without visits to CND too... again, I would be on the losing end on this suggestion...

So, I guess I have to vote "no".

Thinking

Hmmmm something to think about. I will get back to you on this. :scratch2:

I know people may not like this ideal

I would like to see this change.

If it is apt. To move in would cost (1st month rent) (Monthly fee to increase ofc) For those who don't want to pay high monthly fee you could move to condo (would cost initial fee plus a lower monthly rent) or house (no monthly fee but high initial cost) (ofc would be nice to make more them)

Make a new type of building strictly for storage. (You can go into the unit to view your things but only the avatar who owns it. space would be much less but item points more)

Also a system that makes you pay rent (you choose automatic or manual) but if you don't pay up the estate deed goes to auction sb 1 ped no bo 7 day etc. (you get proceeds from sale)

Psionic, This isn't that bad idea also. However, if you choose manual payment and then for example end up in hospital for month or two, you would loose your apt. Fully automated process would be better in my opinion.
Also the monthly fees should stay as they are I think, some move in fee for houses with no monthly fees could in fact help resellers. They just wouldn't move in and keep estate deed until they'd sell it.

Sorry if i missed something, im dont know if there are some monthly fees for houses now

Last edited:
Gotta vote no.

This game is expensive enough with out adding more fees. I dont like the idea of items atributes ect being changed after I have bought them.

There are enough normal sellers that you should have no problem getting one for a decent price. What you should do is be prepared to spend 1000ped on an appartment. If MA thought the market could bare more, they would make more to sell....but that would bring down the price and thats not going to happen :tiphat:

Having to pay rent on my apartment is bad enough, having MA pick-pocket me is even worse!
I understand where you are coming from, but I don't like the idea....I run a hair styling "business" (though it's more charity, losing all my f*cking peds to greedy people who don't like to pay)
and if I decide to take a break from EU for a bit, or maybe just from hair styling, I'd rather not be paying 10 ped/month without needing to.....

This automatical rent payment could really help to scare a lot of estate resellers away. Estates would become much cheaper again.

Not realy, because the prices would be include this payed rent ;)

Greetings - Zwarky

Greetings - Zwarky
Yes thats preety expected. But adding the aditional constant raising costs into estate price... would make them sell harder (prolonging the perioed and adding even more expenses).

So far i can think about only 3 scenarios reseller/estate brooker could do:

1. Cut the expenses, lower the price to more reasonable level and trying get rid of them and invest cash elsewhere.
2. Not changing anything and covering expenses from own cash without raising estate price.
3. Adding maintance cost or part of it into estate price.

There isn't also anything which could ensure them that MA won't add new apartaments in time which will very likely happen. The sooner, ...the better.

Last edited:
This game is expensive enough with out adding more fees.

More fees? how? apt rent is already there and it would be only fair if everybody who has apt. had to pay it. If you have apt. IRL you also have to pay rent (or tax if you are the owner).

Greetings - Zwarky

Well, in case of MA combining automatical rent payment with adding new estates monthly or weekly to maintain certain amount of them available in auction, this price wouldnt be included in selling prices. Especially if MA would set some fix prices well under the reseller prices.

Oh, it could be included in resellers price, however nobody would buy such expensive apt.

Last edited:
Well, MA likes that there is a second hand market trading in apartments, and my bet is that they think the price is just about right...

So I don't think there is much hope in MA intervening anytime soon...

I do expect a bunch of more living places pretty soon though, but not enough (on purpouse) to make a big dent in the current market...

Well, MA likes that there is a second hand market trading in apartments, and my bet is that they think the price is just about right...

So I don't think there is much hope in MA intervening anytime soon...

I do expect a bunch of more living places pretty soon though, but not enough (on purpouse) to make a big dent in the current market...

The more i think about it, the more i realize that you are right. But automatical rent payment would only benefit them too :)

But as i think about people who take a break from playing EU, lets say for few months, i also realize that there could be some option to lock their apt. Ofc. only if they have only one or max. two apt. That would eliminate resellers locking all their apts. before they sell them. Or at least eliminating number of apts. one reseller would hold at one time.

IMO, rent should be deducted not monthly, but by the amount of actual time you are in the game. It would be stupid if you took a summer vacation only to come back and owing rent for the 3 months you were off. If you changed this to actual gaming time (MA keeps track of this), then for every...say 168 hours you play (thats 1 full week @ 24hrs), you pay rent on the apartment. This would be equivilant to playing 5 hours a day for 30 days.
This is more realistic in a gaming sense, and I think would solve the problem of your reseller sitting on 10 deeds only to jack the price up for a profit.

Just my 2 pecs.

IMO, rent should be deducted not monthly, but by the amount of actual time you are in the game. It would be stupid if you took a summer vacation only to come back and owing rent for the 3 months you were off. If you changed this to actual gaming time (MA keeps track of this), then for every...say 168 hours you play (thats 1 full week @ 24hrs), you pay rent on the apartment. This would be equivilant to playing 5 hours a day for 30 days.
This is more realistic in a gaming sense, and I think would solve the problem of your reseller sitting on 10 deeds only to jack the price up for a profit.

Just my 2 pecs.

great idea, im my opinion, this is much better than initial idea of just automatizing rent payment.

Something more to automatic payment system, to descrease negative impact on residents of apartaments. Instead of current fixed fees could be implemented variable fees system. Mandatory payment would get increased with number of estates of one type owned.

I think example will describe better:
1 apartament = 5 PED / Month
2 apartaments = 15 PED / Month

3 apartaments = 35 PED / Month
4 apartaments = 50 PED / Month
5 apartaments = 65 PED / Month
6 apartaments = 80 PED / Month

Anyone can play with numbers.
However i do not dare to guess how hard would be implementation of such a system. So much for apartaments.

Since i am not Mall owner i do not dare to guess whom are going the monthly shop fees (i guess taxes are preety clear) if to lootpool or MA or Mall owner. I can only guess last one might be correct. Dunno if they can change monthly fees or not. But since monthly fees are preety high already... i guess making it mandatory would be enough. Perhaps even somewhat lowering down those, so shoppers can specialize also on cheaper goods and wont ruin them if they will take care for their bussiness.

Something more to automatic payment system, to descrease negative impact on residents of apartaments. Instead of current fixed fees could be implemented variable fees system. Mandatory payment would get increased with number of estates of one type owned.

I think example will describe better:
1 apartament = 5 PED / Month
2 apartaments = 15 PED / Month

3 apartaments = 35 PED / Month
4 apartaments = 50 PED / Month
5 apartaments = 65 PED / Month
6 apartaments = 80 PED / Month

Anyone can play with numbers.
However i do not dare to guess how hard would be implementation of such a system. So much for apartaments.

Since i am not Mall owner i do not dare to guess whom are going the monthly shop fees (i guess taxes are preety clear) if to lootpool or MA or Mall owner. I can only guess last one might be correct. Dunno if they can change monthly fees or not. But since monthly fees are preety high already... i guess making it mandatory would be enough. Perhaps even somewhat lowering down those, so shoppers can specialize also on cheaper goods and wont ruin them if they will take care for their bussiness.

also great idea ;)

why do some think this would be bad for normal owners of apartments, you pay for the apt anyway if you use it.

why do some think this would be bad for normal owners of apartments, you pay for the apt anyway if you use it.

Lets put it this way....appartments are for several things.

1) For storage, lots of cnd appartments are used for this fact. I think very few of us want to spend 90% of our time on cnd.

2) Run a busnise out of. In which case you are there enough to pay your 10 ped a month no problem.

3) Speculation to resell.

If i have to pay monthly to store my stuff Im going to get rid of a lot of nic nac stuff I have laying around and secondly Im not going to buy anymore of that type of stuff. That hurts that market. If I was to come back to the game and had to pay a couple hundred ped to accses my fancy storage Im gonna get upset and eventualy sell my appartment as to not have that bill. Many ppl will not buy an appartment if this is the case. Few ppl want a monthly bill to have their own personal shrine of skulls.

Im guessing with bills like this the houseing market will fall through the floor and appartments will be like pets....cool for a couple days and then try and get rid of em.

Back