Avatars are white and missing pieces.

Society
Torchwood
Barnabus Von'Erik
A member of my guild recently decided to become active again in Entropia. He downloaded the new 10 updated and this is what he gets setting all graphics to Low or Medium:

After messing around for about 30 minutes he managed to get this next picture by upping everything to HIGH and trying to change the aliasing.

He is using an ATI graphics card. I can't remember the model number. Has anyone else been using ATI's and figured out a work around?

He has the most updated video drivers, and the drivers he had to begin with did the same thing. His computer used to run the game fine, and he some kick-ass specs on it.

My computer that is crap, and has a 1 gig processor can play Entropia with custom low-medium settings. We both have a good laugh at this, but havn't been able to find a reason yet.:scratch2:

Oh, and did I mention that when he moves the screen blacks out then slowly re-draws itself?

some times you need to do a little tweaking in the advanced settings. my grahics card runs the game on medium pretty good. but there is some areas i can put to High without changing the proformence.

Find out what differnt things affect your proformence and your visual pleasure the most. i am sure you can run most on low setting, but have high graphic models for avatars. you just have to manualy tweak the settings.

I hope this helps

I have the same issues as your friend. All avatars, including my self is white, Sometimes I turn pink or orange :D I'm forced to play in low and only way out as I see it is to get at better graphis card. If I move up to medium it looks OK but all interfaces stop to work properly so the game is not playable.

For now I stay and play in low and accept the looks but I will soon invest in a new 'puter to solve my problems.

What I experience is that the game actually is playable with white avatars and mobs without texture. No big problem for me. Looks has never been the big issue for me. I just want them to add some "gameplay", I never asked for better looks (even though they gave me lesser looks ;)) Now the game looks worse than when I joined 3.8 years ago and the functions ingame is not 100% even though it's been over a month since they introduced the "new" engine. If I was an MA employee(or employee of a subcompany of the same) I would be ashamed to work there. I still hope they will surprice me and give me the game experience they adverticing but we never get the chance to...

my bet is on low graphics card specification, meaning you need a better video card, happened to me when installed the client on a laptop with low viedo card. sorry to bring you the bad news, maybe tweaking it you can improve it a bit

See that's just it. My friend has a fairly awesome ATI graphics card and he is getting this. And this is with tweaks. He's tried low all the way to high just for Avatars and there is no change other then turning from this white piece looking thing into pink or orange blobs.

I was just wondering if any other ATI users experienced this as my NVIDIA card works great even though I have to play in Mainly Low mode in order to move.

The real issue isn't the white avatars with pieces missing. It's that he can't move without having to wait for the world to redraw itself from a black or completely white screen.

I have the same problem, it started only a week ago. Before that everything worked fine.

My gfx card is pretty good (geforce 9800 GT). I can play on high and even very high settings and everything works smoothly, but one week ago all avatars turned white and stayed that way. No matter what settings I chose and how I tweak it remains the same.

Support are no help with this so far.

i have a nvidia 8400 512 and i have to heavy tweak it in order to have same "playing feeling" as pre v10, no matter the mainboaard ram (i have 2 Mb) is the viedeo card memory the key

Back