Best newbie set up for eco

xillonz

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Salix Sol Maximus
I haven't played in a while and I have come back recently to find two new planets, 1 less planet being developed, loads of new missions, new chat system etc and I am a bit lost. I want to sell most of my junk in storage and do a large scale eco hunt (or as eco as I can get).

I can't recall at all where my SIB is at (though it is relatively low). I maxed the opalo a while ago, and pretty sure I have maxed the first Riker. I'll have to check when I can and post back.

With all the new planets, and all the new items, I am struggling to work out what weapon/fap I should use for my hunt. Entropedia is kind of helpful, but I don't know how accurate it's eco stat is, and I don't think it includes amps, so thats not ideal.

Does anyone know what the best newbie set up for weapon + fap is for eco. Is there an easily accessible item thats more eco than the opalo + a101? Surely one of the planets has produced it.

Thanks for any advice.

ancient red scorpion + a101

ancient red scorpion + a101

I've looked at the stats on that, and it looks pretty ideal, can anyone else recommend this weapon also? I'll see if I can get my hands on one tonight.

Any thoughts on a FAP. Herb Box? SI HEART? T1?

ancient red scorpion with a101 is amazing, however for a low dps weapon, kinda spendy as that setup will run you about 1k ish in MU.

for eco, SI heart is the best UL, fanoos is best eco fap but is limited and only has 100 uses each im told.

Fanoos is basically an L modfap+, with 180hp/pec, but breaks fast so you need to import hundreds of them from Toulan. Storage space quickly becomes a problem though, unless you have lots of containers :D

S.I.Heart is maxed at lvl 15.2 paramedic (after which it has 15.5hp/pec), but at lvl 7 it's already > 10hp/pec so better than most of other low lvl faps. If you lack the levels, use Herb box, it's even 1.5 times faster than maxed Heart (6.5 vs 4.5 hp/sec), though has 10hp/pec and smaller tt, so breaks much faster (but you can carry several of them, of course). T1 with its 3 hp/sec is totally out of the picture with advent of Herb.

If you'll find the price of ancient red scorpion unacceptable, consider an Ozpyn LR S1X1 with a101 or Xent Tech Light Rifle X2/X3 with a102.

Fanoos is basically an L modfap+, with 180hp/pec, but breaks fast so you need to import hundreds of them from Toulan. Storage space quickly becomes a problem though, unless you have lots of containers :D

S.I.Heart is maxed at lvl 15.2 paramedic (after which it has 15.5hp/pec), but at lvl 7 it's already > 10hp/pec so better than most of other low lvl faps. If you lack the levels, use Herb box, it's even 1.5 times faster than maxed Heart (6.5 vs 4.5 hp/sec), though has 10hp/pec and smaller tt, so breaks much faster (but you can carry several of them, of course). T1 with its 3 hp/sec is totally out of the picture with advent of Herb.

If you'll find the price of ancient red scorpion unacceptable, consider an Ozpyn LR S1X1 with a101 or Xent Tech Light Rifle X2/X3 with a102.

Cheers for all the good info. I probably have enough for the scorpion, but it will probably dent my bankroll so much thats its not worth it. The X3+ a102 combo is looking good.

I got the Xent Tech X3 + a102.

Anyone have any thoughts on an eco finisher to go with this?

The Chon is super nice, it does slightly better damage (per pec of decay) per second than the Ancient Red Scorpion, but the ARS does almost 4 points more of damage per second, so the difference in the better d(ppod)ps is not a stand out.

Chon S1X1 Damage (per pec of decay) per second: 3.31907
Ancient Red Scropion Damage (per pec of decay) per second: 3.31706

For comparison the Herman Cap TT-R is better than the LR S1X1 if you are doing to use it as a finisher.

LR S1X1 Damage (per pec of decay) per second: 2.48597
Cap TT-R Damage (per pec of decay) per second: 3.24349

It's because of the speed of the ARS the Chon and the Cap that they out perform the LR S1X1 in this stat, but if you are looking for a rilfe finisher, the LR S1X1 is at the top of it's category because it is fast for a rifle. (For unlimited weapons that is)

**All numbers are figured with an A101 Amp attached**

man I need to learn how to use spreadsheets! ty for sharing your hard work :)

(tried to + rep...it weirded out on me and I don't know what happened. Hope you got it, it now says I cant +rep you til I spread some rep around. If I neg repped you by accident please forgive me!)

i think u have weapons covered, for armor, id suggest cdf scout + imperium plates - then you will just heal with si heart every few mobs, armor cost will be negligible

I like the sheet, but the final damage per pec isn't telling the whole story. When you have mob regen worked in the speed of the gun becomes a factor, hence why the ARS is so much better than the Sahra MK1, even though the MK1 does more damage per pec, it shoots 23 less shots per minute, which to me means it's a big step below the ARS.

which to me means it's a big step below the ARS.

Those 2 guns aren't in the same league, way different dps and skills reqs. And yes, there's a reason why ARS costs like a bucket of everything else on the list :)

Of course no tables could paint the whole picture, unfortunately players still have to use their heads conformably to situation.

Regen is something that needs to be learned, but honestly its not much of an issue with most of the lower level mobs I am familiar with. Nothing wrong with getting familiar with the issue and learning to manage it but its significance increases as you get to bigger mobs.

Regen is something that needs to be learned, but honestly its not much of an issue with most of the lower level mobs I am familiar with. Nothing wrong with getting familiar with the issue and learning to manage it but its significance increases as you get to bigger mobs.

That's a great point and advice. I tend to think more of regen because of the long time play, but if low level players ignore that fact for future they won't know to gear up against it as much. So learning about it early on is healthy, even if not as useful with low end mobs.

next to ranged options I would also consider skilling longblades.
They don't have the killer eco that the ozpyn, ars, xent tech and toulan guns offer. But the ranged options lead to an "unlimited" dead end. After the x3 there's nothing affordable unlimited sib available. (in the price range or close to the x3).

Enter longblades. Start off with the si blade from cyrene for fast skilling, switch to laconian sword, falx, electryfier sword, philosopher sword, hero's sword, to reach the super eco archon's (2.989 eco) which is also affordable at tt+1200/1400 . If you want to skill further then go for immolation sword and then the shagadi sword (2.903 eco at 41.3 dps) tt+800/1100. You cannot get ranged unlimited sib options with that dps for such a pricetag. And with real melee amps just around the corner....

well, Howler prototype at around 17.5 amped dps is pretty eco, 1.5k or so MU however, there's s1x3 at around 27 dps but that IS expensive...

Back