Better market / trade system needed

Is a new / improved market system needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The One

Provider
Society
Shaolin
Cristian TheOne Calota
As we all have noticed lately, life is getting more and more complicate within The Universe (which is a good thing)... tons of new items added (all the L stuff...) and for sure another tons waiting to be added ("enhancements" and all that will folow...).
Browsing threads we may found enough complains - a quick example:
... I now have to buy up to 10 more items to be able to use my gun effectively, not just one amp. I allready sometimes spend more time at auction looking for my favorite tool then spending PEDs. With the enhancement this time will increase further. And browsing through the auction is definetly not the most onjoyable activity in EU for me...

I would even risk "moderator cutoff" pointing at another game's (Eve Online) system - altho i'm nameing it only for devs documentary reasons (its a WAY better - easy to use system in every aspect... with a simplified "market / orders" section PLUS a dedicated "contracts / auction" - both public and private trade - system).

Long story short:
For the above reasons, (but not only those - after all this is a RCE with "E" coming from "Economy"), we definitively NEED a new, IMPROVED, trade / market / auction system.

I will also add a poll - maybe if enough "yes" votes are gathered someone would look into it...

Poll question:
Do WE need a better trade / market / auction / contracts system?

Last edited:
I love haveing tt and repair at all LA's and I love the Auctioneer etc at all outposts, but I find it makes me very anti social. Meaning I spend days out hunting without going anywhere near the major towns or anything.

I feel like to build a really strong trade system they would have to get rid of tt/auctioneer etc from LAs/Ouposts and force you to come back to cities/s towns to sell up auction buy etc.

I think the repair termals could be left there so you can do long runs and repair during them. Would be like the lone hunter/miner goes on a week long expedition and comes back to sell his loots at the nearest town either to tt/auction, or to the traders standing around the city. Fits with the colonist theme.

Don't get me wrong, there would be times where I curse not having these things at all LA/outposts, but I think it would greatly improve the trading between players.

Just my 2 pecs

very cheap sweats need do something with it:confused:

Personally I think the market needs an overhaul. The auction system is fine, its great, For certain items that is.

A economic system that uses both an auction system and a Eve online system would be greatly needed. as with stackables belonging in a Eve Type system on market, would bring this game to true greatness,

I have kept on saying and i have plenty of posts explaining this.

I keep saying keep the auction and make a commodity's market. The commoditys market will be like an eve online system of market, and the auctiooneer will be a completed items market and real estate market.

But you also need to keep shop owners in mind also.

I personally think if there was a eve market in opperation shops and resellers would profit more, but so would everyone else.

With the Auction market only people that really binifit is the high class investors in the game.

The auctioneer system does not allow trickle down economics to work. an eve system does.

Sorry for dropping another games name. but the fact is Eve has a good economic model, so does World of Warcraft, We use the world of warcraft model, but if we used both wow and Eve's model the economics in this game would blow both of those games out of the water.

This game in my eyes already blows both of em out of the water. IMO.

did u saw my signature????? :rolleyes:

sorry i could not resist

Yep, better auction and overall trade system is deperately needed. My biggest complaint with current one is lack of sorting and auction slot limit (currently at 30), i always seem to lack slots.

A couple of small things would improve the system tremendously:
1. Make it more economical for shops to be open (and more expensive for them to be closed)
2. Allow "stacks" in shops. i.e. A stack of (say) 5k muscle oil - you can select how much you want to buy up to 5k.
3. Allow buying via shopkeepers

OK, that's three things, but I thing these three things would improve the "shopping" experience no end, and allow more people to buy/sell things via shops as well as auction.

Interesting post indeed.

Another suggestion was brought forth about 2 weeks ago

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../171894-ways-improve-auction-marketplace.html

I think pretty much all that could said that needs to be improved others have mentioned in this thread.

Me personally I want to add a way to bid offline and possibly without being at the auciton house. Portable auctioneer sound good to anyone? I know I would like it rather than running back to town over and over using my time up when I could get back to mining (or hunting).

Kosmos

Back