Black Hawk's 15$ Experiment Wiebke Ash Frown

Wiebke

Provider
Banned
Society
Freelancer
Well, I'm in doubt if this will work for me. But I will give it a try.

I have to say, I don't start as a fresh noob. The story so far is here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/n00bs-corner/168666-five-noob-days-different-start.html

Because of my start with melee weapons I got some skills.
Longblade: 2100 (wich means Hit ability with this TT short blade: 6.0/10.0)
Evade: 415
Sweat Gatherer: 446
First Aid: 409

I have already looted Pixie Harness and Foot Guards and Goblin Gloves, as well as an Opalo SGA :D
I am using a TT FAP

Black Hawk suggested to run to all TP at first. Done.
Next step: sweat until Sweat geatherer 400 skill points. Done.

That means I start at the hunting section. I put my hand on 300 PED and bought 6 Castorian Survival Enblade-A. I will max them at small Exaros.

Major edit (2009-12-02):

Suddenly and unexpected this exeriment became very serious to me two or three days ago. So I will do some statements.

This is not Black Hawk's original experiment (wich started with 5 participants in the middle of the year under direction and payment of BH). I do it on my own and trade of my own account, only following BH's original post as close as possible: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1945826-post90.html

BH gave me kindly advice via PM how I could continue from my level (2100 in longblade) and wished me luck with this undertaking. But I decided to take the hard road and follow the original plan.

All achievements I got before starting may influence the very first days a bit. But they won't if I can manage to proceed it for a long term. :scratch2:

As far as I can see only Jennson left over from the entire team ... plus SideWinder as a freelancer like me. Maybe I can fill one empty slot. I am not sure about my staying power (I wouldn't have signed into the entire team because of this doubts :ahh:)

Let's see what the outcome will be!

Major edit (2009-12-15):
I will post the current status here fom now on.

Current status:
run #44
Over all result:+306 PED (106%)
Over all skills: 21840

Unlocked: Marksmanship

Last edited:
Cant wait to see the outcome. Good luck and subscribing! :yay:

First report

Additional I completed my armor. I own Pixie with Goblin gloves now. (I decided to allow me a little bit luxury and took SGA shins :ahh:)

I did two runs around Fort Troy on Exas and Daikibas. Hell! 4 hours each!:rolleyes: This is a pain in the arse! A complete Calypso day. My friend Ulla was sitting next to me from time to time and was laughing and laughing.

But hey! The outcome was perfect:
Run #01: 116% return, shortblades 394, Hit ability 8.2/10.0
Run #02: 112% return, shortblades 554, Hit ability 9.2/10.0

[return = loot TT value - comlete repair costs]

But I put all looted items to the auction (except this FAP-5) and all stackables with MU>105% to storage ... as Black Hawk suggested. So eventually I can improve the results a little bit.

What this Experiment got to do with Black Hawk?
This is just your own experiment, this is far far away from Black hawk's experiment. First of all he doesnt teach you, second of all you didint started with new ava and 0 skills, third of all you are not that eco as we were in Black Hawk's experiment, fourth of all, you didint started with all of us when Black Hawk announced start of the experiment.

This is just simple game play. Don't call it BH's Experiment, its very far from it.

Wish you best of luck trying to do whatever you are doing.

What this Experiment got to do with Black Hawk?
This is just your own experiment, this is far far away from Black hawk's experiment. First of all he doesnt teach you, second of all you didint started with new ava and 0 skills, third of all you are not that eco as we were in Black Hawk's experiment, fourth of all, you didint started with all of us when Black Hawk announced start of the experiment.

This is just simple game play. Don't call it BH's Experiment, its very far from it.

Wish you best of luck trying to do whatever you are doing.

First of all ... hmm ... I read the post Blawk Hawk made and decided to follow his advices. Sure, it is my own experiment. And as stated obove I assume it will not work for me. But I will follow the rules strictly. Until I'm too bored or it will give me the kick to become such an eco player. You and Jennson posted your doctrine of salvation at my fun thread. Now shut up when I strike back.

Second ... after five weeks playing, my skills were not that gigantic because I spent a lot of time with sweating up to ~400 Sweat Gatherer. Today I got 25% of my Longblade skills in Short blades within 8 hours.

Third ... what are you telling me? There is need of additional teaching from Black Hawk? In that case the regarding post is worthless. I refer to this special post. Just as it is.

You and Jennson posted your doctrine of salvation at my fun thread. Now shut up when I strike back.

Again ... calm down mate. It's the common way here at EF: Whatever you do, you will be blamed. Try the very expensive way of burning PED just for fun or try the silly suggestions to get fun from acting eco. Whatever you do there will always be people who find out some negative aspects.

Since you left the path I suggested to you ... GL with your own way! Get your bloody nose. It will make you experianced ;)

Edit: Suggestion for a new word: brooklynising :laugh: ... alles kaputt reden und schlecht machen

Last edited:
First of all ... hmm ... I read the post Blawk Hawk made and decided to follow his advices. Sure, it is my own experiment. And as stated obove I assume it will not work for me. But I will follow the rules strictly. Until I'm too bored or it will give me the kick to become such an eco player. You and Jennson posted your doctrine of salvation at my fun thread. Now shut up when I strike back.

Second ... after five weeks playing, my skills were not that gigantic because I spent a lot of time with sweating up to ~400 Sweat Gatherer. Today I got 25% of my Longblade skills in Short blades within 8 hours.

Third ... what are you telling me? There is need of additional teaching from Black Hawk? In that case the regarding post is worthless. I refer to this special post. Just as it is.

Did you talked to Black Hawk bifore you made this thread and posted his name?

You didin't answered in my question.

He only trying to become famouse in the game and in the forums.

At first he announce him self as a richass stupidly wasting money by using big and good equipmne without any skills, and now suddently he announce him self as an eco player?
trying to use Black Hawk name to attract peoples attention to him?

no fennse. just stupid.

You didin't answered in my question.

No need to do this. But fyi:

+rep from Black Hawk to this thread:

good luck. HAve a look at Jenson thread for more info. I will not post on forum anymore, but I hope you will do okay.

Thanks to Ulla I don't say more than this ;)
She is really an angel. If you meet her once, be kind to her. She deserves it.

Okay, is there a small chance to keep this thread clean from blaming and flaming and such?

I would like to check Black Hawks© plan. The reason is not to become famous. I started in a very special way and enjoyed it soo much. I don't regret one single moment. Jamira told me to check all other professions ... but I want to become a hunter. At least it has to become a balance between eco and fun. I decided to test the other side as well and Black Hawks© experiment sounds very good to me.

That's all.

Any suggestions of another place than Troy to hunt small Exas in high density?

report #02

Boring as usual. But:
Run #03: 98% return, shortblades 788, Hit ability 10.0/10.0 :yay:
This advice of Black Hawk is a good one! Fresh newbies will need more patience and more time than me. But at all this $15/month seems to work so far ... at least for my first two days.

Average return is at 109% and I hope to get some more PED from auction. So YES! it IS possible to start in a really smart way!

At the other hand: It's not really funny. One has to declare to play eco as possible as the main goal. If one can get benefit from this it seems to work.

Good job Black Hawk!:beerchug:

Next goal is 2k Shortblade skills. As far as I can see it's easy. And it will be possible within a smaller time frame than BH suggested ... let's say it will take two more weeks max from now ... estimated ... keep in mind this tricky exponential graph! It is reversed for skill gains. Skilling becomes harder and harder over time.

I'm looking forward to start using my Opalo SGA :)

GL with this, hope you enjoy it as much as you did your start :)

narfi

Your results are good so far. Expect returns to get a bit worse, but you got very good returns so far so that won't be a problem. When i maxed the TT blade i went to Combibos. I was lucky on them looting 2 SGA items. You might try your luck with them. And gl with your experiment.

Any suggestions of another place than Troy to hunt small Exas in high density?

First of all, good job on this BH experiment! :)

Exas, there are young to the odd alpha west of East Scylla starting half way between it and the river if I remember correctly. :)

Good luck. :D

Always nice to see this kind of experiments :D GL and hope you last for a long time :)

Always nice to see this kind of experiments :D GL and hope you last for a long time :)

huuu ... let's see. I am new here and on my way to check it out. I know from my friend Ulla it can be very expensive. And serious, why do you want me to stay here? You don't know me. I am a bitch and if I stay for long you may learn that you don't love me. Especially if I chose to go the eco way :D

huuu ... let's see. I am new here and on my way to check it out. I know from my friend Ulla it can be very expensive. And serious, why do you want me to stay here? You don't know me. I am a bitch and if I stay for long you may learn that you don't love me. Especially if I chose to go the eco way :D

:rofl:

"Expensive" is a relative term. Poor people may say $15 per month is expensive. Others may say $2k or more is okay.

And yes, I want you to stay here as well ;)

Back