Breer or Riker?

Gabba

Provider
Society
Active Players Leaguety
Kristof Gabba Martens
Hey, am not such a fanatic hunter but mining has not been my best friends lately thus I am thinking about starting my hunting activities again.

Am a fairly low skilled laser rifle user, and I have the m3a maxed and the m4a nearly maxed.

I've always used the Breer m2a +a102 but lately the dmg and speed of this weapon no longer seem to be high enough for me. I've browsed the forum a bit and I read that people said the Breer m3a isn't worth it really, so am not gonna consider that as an option.

I've bought a fairly low TT Riker UL2 (L) and used an A103 on it and i must say i liked this a lot better. From a small(not very detailed) comparison on Entropia Tools I found that the eco of a breer +102 is not very different from a Riker 2+103, and considering less fapping and decay it might be just as eco and faster.

I also just read people suggesting the Riker UL1 (L) with a 102 on it, and now i cant make up my mind at all.

Any advise please?

Try the Riker1 with the 103 on it. This is a rare case where you can get away with over-amping. (see entropedia for data)

:beerchug:

Miles

UL2+A103 rocks!

My preferred method is to tag and start the damage off with this, then switch to HG when the mob gets within range because of the higher damage/sec that you get with HGs
Preferred HG for me atm is the P4a+A104.

Compare the range on the UL2 with all similar carbines ;)

I havent amped my Riker 1 yet, but I find the decay on it terrible. It looks like the Riker 2 is a better choice. I am just waiting on my damage to catch up with my range. The 8.7 wont get here fast enough. I am almost at 8 now and am about to buy my second riker this weekend. Of course the Rikers I have been buying are around 45 PED, but still.

Yeah the decay on the Riker 2 is a bit better, but it comes with a higher markup as well. So am really doubting. I tried a Riker 1 today with A103 and I don't notice very much difference with the 2+A103, so am gonna have to see which comes out best eco wise.

But I am definately not going back to the Breer m2a, thats for sure.

u probably wont like this answer but...

u say ur almost maxed on the breer m4a? its a big jump up from the breer m3a if u are i would suggest a Geotrek tuarus their alittle pricey but u can kill atrox armax etc with no amp or a 103 even and do pretty good and the durability as ive seen on mine so far is pretty good as well.

Im only suggesting this because im an avid SIB beleiver u should always stick with the gun that u get SIB on and if ur almost maxed on the breer m4a it would be the taurus that u need next.

Fyi almost maxed on the breer m4a could mean a full tt guns worth to max it as they skill very very slow.

I myself would skip the rikers altogether if ur almost maxed on the breer 4 u def be maxed on all the riker series guns.

unL Riker UL2 + A103 is the way to go ;)

Yeah thaddeus, but atm am looking for the most eco way to hunt smaller mobs. exa stalkers or molisk till scout. SIB is indeed appropriate for skillgains, but not so much for profitting(unless you'd sell the skills but yeah).

And gluepot, and UNL Riker UL 2 is far out of my price range at the moment:) But high on my list

So eco wise, would I be better off with the breer m3a with a 103 amp? I liked the breer's better on eco, but I wanted something a little more powerful. I like the power of the Riker 1. I do not think I am up for the breer m4a yet. It looks like it is around 12-15 skill and I am only at 8-9.

It's all luck of course, but maybe try looting a riker? You never know.
I've had a full tt UL2 of an armax bull before.

UL1 melts away in your hands....nice gun, crappy decay rate :laugh:

t

It's all luck of course, but maybe try looting a riker? You never know.
I've had a full tt UL2 of an armax bull before.

UL1 melts away in your hands....nice gun, crappy decay rate :laugh:

t

Caudatergus also drop UL2s, and they're easier to kill :)

I have not been so lucky with them dropping those yet. I will continue to buy the gun that melts in your hand until I can purchase the Riker UL2. I might just go back to my opallo hunting Daks to get my stats up a little more, but it will be harder going back to them after hunting the Cauds.

I have used the chart which is how I know that the Riker 2 is my next weapon at 8.7. Currently I am waiting for my damage to go up to 8.7. Its currently at like 7.9. The other one is currently almost at 10 so it is way ahead. Just waiting on the slow-poke.

Back