FYI: Bug: Displayed Buff on Skill Pill Stacking is Incorrect (Skill pills do not stack!)

Jhereg

Elite
Society
Rangers
Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
As of today (4/2/2022), skill pill stacking does not work, as tested by myself.

I tested baseline (no skill pill), with a 30% 5 hr pill, and with a 30% 5 hr pill + 50% 1hr pill.

As you can see, with the 30% pill only, my gained skill lines increased by ~31% as expected. with the 30%+50% pill, my displayed gui amount is 80% but I'm only getting the effect of the 2nd pill (50% more skill gain lines).

MA needs to correct the GUI to reflect the actual % effect. In the meantime, this is a PSA to stop using your skill pills in stack. Now I'm going to go grieve over my lost skill pills.

txh3Fdx.png

EDIT: I would appreciate if others can verify my results...

Last edited:
Has it ever stacked before or was just displayed as stacking?

AFAIK nothing has changed in the mechanics. Since I guess no one has tested it before today, can't make a statement about whether it worked before or not, but I assume it didn't work previously either and just displayed as stacking

AFAIK nothing has changed in the mechanics. Since I guess no one has tested it before today, can't make a statement about whether it worked before or not, but I assume it didn't work previously either and just displayed as stacking
Oh well, placebo effect at least helped. Thanks for sharing.

It used to work you could boost up to 190% skill gain if you had the correct pills

if you had the correct pills

Well, that's the difference between 10k and 10 million bankroll... We hear rumors about some, and we read others about banned accounts of $500... It is difficult to determine what is an exploit and what is "rewarding knowledge". I just remembered a comment I received a time ago... "if you don't know how to sell an account, then this is not for you"...

Perhaps the "responsible team in the MA" would specify whether the system accumulates or respects the largest percentage of buffs... or just count the last used pill. Considering that they are having difficulty with Pythagoras in space, nothing would surprise me.

I can confirm it did work at one point, about 3-4 years ago. I tested against skill scanner and TT of skills with 100% vs. 190% skill boost and there was a very noticeable difference.

Sad that it doesn't work anymore.

Thank you @Jhereg for your relentless pursuit of enlightening the EU player base.

And yet again, this just shows that we must assume nothing works as intended, but test everything!

Me running around with 10%pills not even thinking about stacking *facepalm*

It is necessary that we can "concentrate up" (refine) skill pill's effects to get rid of the metric tonnes of merely unusable 10% pills.

something like:

5 x [10% à 1h] = 1 x [50% à 1h]
5 x [10% à 1h] = 1 x [10% à 5h]

10 x [10% à 1h] = 1 x [100% à 1h]
10 x [10% à 1h] = 1 x [10% à 10h]

100 x [10% à 1h] = 1 x [100% à 10h]

It is necessary that we can "concentrate up" (refine) skill pill's effects to get rid of the metric tonnes of merely unusable 10% pills.

something like:

Good idea. Those 10% pills feels kinda useless anyways.

something like:

If you wanted to do this, I'd guess MA might charge some kind of penalty.

5 10% pills are worth a lot less than a single 50% pill, so being able to combine them should come with some type of penalty.

In MA's eyes, running 5 10% pills requires five times the cycle of a single 1 hour pill at 50%...

So realistically, the best you should be able to do is combine to make a longer length pill, not a stronger one...

I wouldn't care, if MA wants 6 x 10% to craft one 50% pill.

The 6th pill is as unused as the other 1000 useless 10% pills in my storage.
But i hate to discard them, since they were paid for so hard.

I wouldn't care, if MA wants 6 x 10% to craft one 50% pill.

The 6th pill is as unused as the other 1000 useless 10% pills in my storage.
But i hate to discard them, since they were paid for so hard.
probably 100 10% pills to craft 1 1hr 50% pill :D

So realistically, the best you should be able to do is combine to make a longer length pill, not a stronger one...
Maybe have the two pills/stacks deteriorate a little bit (2% each?) as they are merged. Then we should get to choose what we want to get, more time or more %.

Just a wild suggestion...

If you wanted to do this, I'd guess MA might charge some kind of penalty.

5 10% pills are worth a lot less than a single 50% pill, so being able to combine them should come with some type of penalty.

In MA's eyes, running 5 10% pills requires five times the cycle of a single 1 hour pill at 50%...

They all have the same value. To ma their value is 0.0001 ped. If you refine 5 0.0001 ped pills into a single 0.0001 per pill it’s a net profit for MA

skill pills have zero MU… they are not tradeable and have no value

They all have the same value. To ma their value is 0.0001 ped. If you refine 5 0.0001 ped pills into a single 0.0001 per pill it’s a net profit for MA

skill pills have zero MU… they are not tradeable and have no value
They are not tradeable, but they DO have value. Example: You cycle 1000 ped per hour. That translates roughly into a gain of 10 ped of skills (average). One hour of 50% pill will then give you another 5p skills. Even a 10% pill will give you skills equivalent to a codex repeat every 25h of shooting. If you cycle more per hour, even better.

Obvioulsy, if you have more 10% pills than you can ever manage to burn through, it would be very valuable to refine these into a higher % pill.

They have a use not a value. Skills don’t cost MA anything and in fact anyone removing skills has to pay MA 10% so skills are a profit mechanism for MA. So the skill pills have no inherent value other than 0.0001 ped each.
Merging them without any loss thus only makes sense.

To be honest i was saying few days ago to my soc mates about candies..10min per use...Its so frustrating same goes for skill pills..
Some of them said macro with boting will expand..No it wont if you max it for stacking for like 1-2h max would be a time saver for everyone.i prefer refine those to 1h then click every 10min in middle of hunting.
Anyway even if they dont take 1 pill from crafting 6 of value of 5 they will still profit..
If you refine those 5x to make 1x you pay refining Fee..
Its profit either way for them...
Why make something untradable and unusable?

To be honest i was saying few days ago to my soc mates about candies..10min per use...Its so frustrating same goes for skill pills..
Some of them said macro with boting will expand..No it wont if you max it for stacking for like 1-2h max would be a time saver for everyone.i prefer refine those to 1h then click every 10min in middle of hunting.
Anyway even if they dont take 1 pill from crafting 6 of value of 5 they will still profit..
If you refine those 5x to make 1x you pay refining Fee..
Its profit either way for them...
Why make something untradable and unusable?
Macro users can actually consume them candy canes the easiest by setting up a looping 10 minute macro and putting the candy canes on a key.

so macro isn’t a factor in this.

Oh BTW Skill pills for scanning don't work.
Neither all mobs, like those small mutants on Cyrene

Recently confirmed this in my own tests, stacking 100% 1h pills with 50% 5h pills - the higher value of the 2 buffs takes precedent, no stacking effect observed at all.

Do we know if the coats with ascension armor and skill pills stack? Or is it just highest Skill Gain takes priority always. Also the Summer rings with skill gains so
Ascension 10%, Superior Twen 25%, Summer 2016 25%, and say 50% Skill pill all stacked are we getting everything or just the 50% Skill pill?

Last edited:
Back