Buying / Hiring / Competition - newcomer guide

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
With the latest sale of CP I believe more eyes will look at Entropia, considering if this is the next game worth trying.

I'd therefor like to put forward a 500 ped prize to whoever can write the best mini-guide to entropia targeted at the players that did not yet hear about the game at all.
Just all the basic info about the game that makes you want to play it, some info about how to sign up, maybe troubleshooting, and then some pointers to the first info you need after starting out.
I'm thinking something between 1k and 5k words, but the point is it has to readable (no 10 page essay!) and encouraging. Add your best screenshots or entropia art to make it lively.

Post your submissions here, or as separate threads and link to them. After around a week, or whenever a decent quantity of good candidates has been submitted I will post a poll which will decide the winner. :)

Upon submitting you allow the use of a copy of the text and images at my website entropiauniverse.info

Last edited:
Not sure which forum category to put this in. (Admins move as you see fit)

Since this is a contest with a prize, I figure the events section works.

I think it's a great idea! And good luck to all the participants. :)

PS, does Alice get to resubmit her tutorials, or would he have to make something new?

PS, does Alice get to resubmit her tutorials, or would he have to make something new?

Yes old guides can be submitted as well. Just take notice of the part about this being directed at players that have not signed up yet, and does not know what Entropia is.

hrmpft... event section never gets much action.. early bump!

I would like to have a go at this. I do have a few questions though?

1) Does it have to be a forum guide, or can I make a small web-page or two?

2) If it can be on a webpage, can it have multiple pages or must it only have one?

3) After submitting our entries, I assume we still do retain rights to post it on any other medium of our choice, not just limited too your website, correct?

and finally

4) Could your please give me a hard deadline? I work better with those. :deal: Please :)

I would like to have a go at this. I do have a few questions though?

1) Does it have to be a forum guide, or can I make a small web-page or two?
Both works
2) If it can be on a webpage, can it have multiple pages or must it only have one?
Multiple pages is fine, just make sure it doesn't get messy.
3) After submitting our entries, I assume we still do retain rights to post it on any other medium of our choice, not just limited too your website, correct?
Absolutely
and finally

4) Could your please give me a hard deadline? I work better with those. :deal: Please :)
Uhm. a week-ish?
Nah I don't want to give hard deadlines :p

bump for my sensei :yay:

my guides wont work for that, as my focus is more to shed light into the different aspects in EU, explain deeper to help new players to get the idea how things work

it seems that this request is more about some overview :D

can other player post this guide in forum or blogs too ?
Or you buy the right to be the only one to use it ?

can other player post this guide in forum or blogs too ?
Or you buy the right to be the only one to use it ?

Yes you can post it anywhere you want. The more places the better :)

Project Entropia is an online game where u can deposit real money and lose them. Everything is expensive and return is usally crap. But theres alot of nice people and awesome societies and an epic community. Its not a game, its a money cow =)

Ok perhaps this isnt the best overview but its my perception of it.

Project Entropia is an online game where u can deposit real money and lose them. Everything is expensive and return is usally crap. But theres alot of nice people and awesome societies and an epic community. Its not a game, its a money cow =)

There's plenty of whine topics. Lets keep this thread clean please :)

Great idea for a competition... I might give it a go:)

Are you looking for more of a conceptual overview, or a technical tutorial?

Great idea for a competition... I might give it a go:)

Are you looking for more of a conceptual overview, or a technical tutorial?
hmm. both? First a conceptual to get their attention, and then a bit more technical to get them started.

about Entropia or about Planet Calypso :p

as we can't say much about the other planets yet
i also got asked to change the name of my guide from Entropia Guide to Planet Calypso kinda, as there will be more planets :)

I suppose it's planet calypso for now :)

i started writing something based on what i tend to get asked the most at the newbie zones

you don't want that one :p
i am already at 2k words, thats 4 dinA4 pages :D

at the end it may have 3k words and 5-6 pages, no screenies yet :D

Looking forward to it :)

Hello,

Hopefully it is not too long for you, but I think my Beginners Guide in the Tutorial Section may be what you are looking for. I tried to keep it short, but there is alot of information to cover for Beginners.
Actually the version of it on GameFaqs works better for people not already familiar with Entopia Forum or the game. It has a couple of additional sentences pointing people the right way. Though, I just updated that one, and it takes them a couple of days to post the update. The updated version is dated 10 Jan 2010 when gamefaqs puts it up.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/448621/55795

- Fuega :)

Last edited:
About 1 day away from finishing my guide. Expect it in about 24 hours from the making of this post.

About 1 day away from finishing my guide. Expect it in about 24 hours from the making of this post.
We'll give you some more time :)

Anyone else than yasic working on a guide, or should we take it to the polls once he delivers?

I have been thinking about your competition.
You reqested pictures in the submission. I could add pictures to my guide if you like for your website.
My goal in putting my guide here on EF was to make it more of a community project and less of my personal project. Therefore, I would ask the community to help in selecting pictures to add to it if you decide to use my guide. I would also let the community help in deciding whether to add pictures to the EF version here in the Tutorial Forum, because it would increase its length.
Oh and mentioning length, currently my guide is at about 5000 words, which fits what you asked for. But if you or the community thinks its needs some trimming, I would be open to suggestions.
Further, my guide is not static, it is updated at least once a month, and sometimes more. A good guide needs to be that way. If you use my guide, I would requeast that you provide a way to update the guide on a regular basis.
Finally, if anyone wants to use my guide as a basis for writing a new guide for this competition, feel free to do so. Or if you want to make it a joint project, I would be glad to do that too. I did not write my guide to win a competetion, I wrote it to help new players. So I admire anyone who helps new players. This competition is a good idea, and my guide is yours to use as you please. :)

Back