Buying / Hiring / Competition - newcomer guide

writing one now will be submitted in the next few hours

Welcome Home: A Quick Guide to Planet Calypso

There are countless MMO's and social Forums online today, each of which has a target audience. You build your skills for games, or your reputation amongst the community, but what then? Where do you go when you've maximized that channel to it's full potential?

I know where :)

Planet Calypso, the first planet in the Entropia Universe. A massively multi-player online universe that is expanding to rival the growth of our own universe.
Besides the fact that Planet Calypso runs on the world famous CryEngine2, and dwarfs the graphic capability of its competition. Planet Calypso also offers and endless amount of possibilities for the casual or aggressive member, oh, and its free to explore:D.
structure.jpg

Make Friends, Hunt exotic new species solo or in a team, go mining to search for valuable resources that you can sell or use to manufacture your own weapons, armor, and tools. Pursue a profession sculpting other avatars, or designing unique cloths to sell in the most efficient and easy to use in game auction around. Maybe you'd like to own a store, own a space ship, or own property that will generate real income? Yes, that's right, REAL MONEY!! but we wont get too hung up on that ;)

So lets get you started; Go to www.PlanetCalypso.com and simply click Join Now. After you've entered all of your required information you can download the game client and create your personalized avatar, take your time and make sure your happy with your avatar, but don't worry if you want to change later, you simply find a beautician to modify your looks!!!

Welcome to Planet Calypso, you've been issued some tattered cloths to cover your new body. Try it out, play with the movement, the large selection of emotes, and browse through the massive amount of graphic, avatar control, and ability possibilities to fine tune control of your avatar and your environment. Customize your controls and hot-keys in a way you have never thought possible. Open your inventory and get familiar with it, you have a tool for... sweating? Yes sweating, you extract sweat from the native creatures of Calypso, which you can sell for real money. Sweat is mixed with a component from mining called Nexus to create Mind Essence, this is our fuel for telekinetic powers and teleporting ourselves across the vast landscapes without the use of in town teleports.

So you've got control? Good, now lets have a look around, maybe chat with some of the locals? Yes all of those people you see around you are real, not AI, so say hi. Got a question? Ask in the public chat, Planet Calypso is full of people who are willing to help, this is a very friendly community. I would recommend visiting Port Atlantis, or Twin Peaks for the highest concentration of people.
Wait, how do I get to these places? You have a semi-customizable map of the 2 main continents, Crystal Palace and Club Neverdie that orbit the planet, with a coordinate system similar to latitude and longitude that we are all already familiar with. You simply go to a teleporter (blue dot on the map) to move quickly between cities, and outposts. You need to acquire those teleports by running to them first though. Fortunately there are plenty of people willing to help you find them, and many tools online that will give you the exact coordinates of their location. Entropia Forum is full of detailed Tutorials on the most fine tuned aspects of your new home, also visit Entropedia for a format just like Wikipedia that is solely designed to give you the information you need to better understand your new world, and once you're further along check out your stats on Entropia Tracker.
night_foul.jpg

Now take some initiative!! Go sweat, or collect fruit and dung to sell. Chat with the locals and make some new friends. Or deposit $10 or so to start with, buy a weapon that suites you from the blue trade terminal you find inside of any of the larger buildings, be sure to buy some ammo to fire too ;) Get your self a tool for healing and maybe some basic armor too to defend yourself against the voracious appetites of the local wildlife.

Congratulations you've killed something!!:laugh:!! Now select the dead body and loot it for all it has to offer. You can then take these items back to the trade terminal and sell them or you can try to find other avatars that are looking for these items. Click on the items in your inventory that you have looted and you can see how much they are worth, information about them, and their market value. Market value will give you an idea how much an item is really worth based on supply and demand. Each items sales history from the in game auction is tracked so you know how much more money you may be able to get out of it, its shown as a % for items that stack like manufacturing componants, or as a simple +X amount for items like weapons, armor, clothes, and mining tools. Try not to sell items with large amounts of markup to the trade terminal, its like throwing money away ;)
team_hof_481511.jpg
Now that your comfortable with your new home, brace yourself, because an onslaught of new planets that you can visit is coming, inter-space, and who knows what else? This universe is ever expanding and seething with potential for casual gamers and socialites, or entrepreneurs who would like to make some PED (Project Entropia Dollars), that they can transfer as real currency back into their bank accounts. Whatever your dreams are, they can be achieved here on Planet Calypso... welcome home.

Heres mine

Link

I am working on fixing the links and adding the pictures, but the text is all there and I am assuming thats the important part. Hopefully by the time anyone reads this and clicks everything will be up :cool:

Oh, and that's only a temp url, working on setting up the domain name as we speak.

Hmm

Time for me to write one.. Is there time left?

Hmm

Well I started it. Got the beggining basics done. Maybe 1-2 weeks. Or is that too long. However much time you can give me.

Well I started it. Got the beggining basics done. Maybe 1-2 weeks. Or is that too long. However much time you can give me.

I was originally hoping to put up the poll yesterday.
I can give you to the end of this week.

Derrels Newb Guide

The guide is posted here on a forrum topic, and the same version can also be viewed on my blog.

Back